PDA

View Full Version : Tress Way

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 12:44 PM
Amazing! Please tell me he got a game ball.

Who all got game balls?

sooner59
11/29/2009, 04:09 PM
I was saying this yesterday. The dude punted like he belonged at the next level.

josh09
11/29/2009, 04:10 PM
Into the wind, 50+ yard punts. Now if he could get some accuracy on his kicking, we'd be set at kicker too!

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2009, 04:57 PM
He needs to do the KOs as well. He and Patty ought to be pretty darn good next year. Heck, if those guys continue to improve, with OUr return guys and young headhunters on STs, OUr STs should be pretty good next year.

Boomer.....
11/29/2009, 10:37 PM
He was flat out awesome! I hope this brings up his spirits after losing the kicking duty. Way to go Tress!

Sasakwa
11/29/2009, 10:40 PM
Who all got game balls?

Not sure, but I got blue balls once. Once.

Pricetag
11/29/2009, 10:43 PM
Those were prettier spirals than both QBs were throwing out there. They were cutting right through that wind.

Okie35
11/29/2009, 10:49 PM
Into the wind, 50+ yard punts. Now if he could get some accuracy on his kicking, we'd be set at kicker too!

Not to mention he punts w/ his LEFT foot. Which is much harder to do.

85sooners
11/29/2009, 11:08 PM
hell yeah!!

badger
11/30/2009, 12:00 AM
From interviews I have heard (and I heard several - he's from Tulsa, after all), Tress was disappointed with the FG's that he kicked at Nebbish, but happy to place priority and his sole concentration on punting.

He said they're all having fun with "Patches O'Hooligan" (???) and the fact that the guy hasn't really played football, like, ever, but can really kick the hell outta the ball.

In any event, I kind of feel bad for Jimmy Stevens. As bad as Tress must have felt after Nebbish, Jimmy really fell farther than anyone else on the depth chart this season.

Soonerfan88
11/30/2009, 12:43 AM
Phenomenal job by Way this weekend. Although he done well punting all year, I wonder if the double duty has held him back a little. Maybe now his leg is fresher and his mind not so cluttered with kicking also.

Haven't heard of any others yet, but Stoops mentioned that Ratteree got a game ball from the defense for preserving their shut out. Well deserved, IMO.

MamaMia
11/30/2009, 01:08 AM
Phenomenal job by Way this weekend. Although he done well punting all year, I wonder if the double duty has held him back a little. Maybe now his leg is fresher and his mind not so cluttered with kicking also.

Haven't heard of any others yet, but Stoops mentioned that Ratteree got a game ball from the defense for preserving their shut out. Well deserved, IMO. Oh yeah, definitely.

cvsooner
11/30/2009, 08:07 PM
According to one media report (Tulsa World): Eric Mensik, Trent Ratterree, Ryan Broyles and Tress Way all received game balls.

VA Sooner
12/1/2009, 12:01 AM
Mensik shined on the o-line... I wonder if that what had helped open up the gaps long enough for the running backs to get some room. Broyles is a god, Way the MVP and Ratteree our hero.

soonerboy
12/1/2009, 09:58 AM
Maybe what we need to do is strip everybody of their starting jobs and have them fight for it. The idea worked for Tress anyway.