PDA

View Full Version : Bowl selections ?

OUHOMER
11/29/2009, 10:54 AM
So i know we (Big 12) are tied into 9 bowls, Hers my question.

Are the bowl selection committees bound by the over all record of the teams they select?

I mean once you get past the BCS, Cotton etc, can't bowl selection committed select any eligible team they choose?

delhalew
11/29/2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, they have loose criteria. Really its up to them.

See this useful link posted by sooner95http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_bids_to_college_bowl_games

OUHOMER
11/29/2009, 02:08 PM
Well, i assume tx will go to the MNC or at the very least a BCS game.

NU to cotton

that leaves
osu 9-3
tech 8-4
mu 8-4
OU 7-5

Even thou we dont have a better record, would they pick us for a higher bowl, for better tv ratings, etc. Or does the Big 12 state who must be selected first.

i did not see it in the link provided

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2009, 02:21 PM
A lot depends on next week. If * wins, then only one Big XII team goes. If NU wins, then they would go to the Fiesta, and * would go to the Sugar. The BCS would LOVE a match up with * and the SEC runner-up. OSU would then likely go to the Cotton. We would be the most "attractive" after that. The PAC-10 would love a Stoops v. Stoops or a SUC v. OU match-up in the Holiday. Tech makes economic sense for the Sun Bowl, as they would be somewhat of a "local" draw. I have heard that A&M would go to the Texas Bowl. ISU would likely go to the Independence Bowl, and that would be a treat for that program. That would leave Mizzou going to the Alamo Bowl, which, surprisingly, would be a great match-up because they would face a Big 10/11 team. In short, outside of the BCS conference tie-ins, Bowls try to match based on interest and money, not necessarily who is in the pecking order.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 02:22 PM
A lot depends on next week. If * wins, then only one Big XII team goes. If NU wins, then they would go to the Fiesta, and * would go to the Sugar. The BCS would LOVE a match up with * and the SEC runner-up. OSU would then likely go to the Cotton. We would be the most "attractive" after that. The PAC-10 would love a Stoops v. Stoops or a SUC v. OU match-up in the Holiday. Tech makes economic sense for the Sun Bowl, as they would be somewhat of a "local" draw. I have heard that A&M would go to the Texas Bowl. ISU would likely go to the Independence Bowl, and that would be a treat for that program. That would leave Mizzou going to the Alamo Bowl, which, surprisingly, would be a great match-up because they would face a Big 10/11 team. In short, outside of the BCS conference tie-ins, Bowls try to match based on interest and money, not necessarily who is in the pecking order.
Good analysis.