PDA

View Full Version : Best hangover remedies?

SPuL
11/29/2009, 09:12 AM
Seriously. I thought I was immune to this horror. Unfortunately I awoke today to find myself sadly mistaken. It's hell. And I need to get rid of it. Fast. Like Florida fast. :mad:

I googled it. But I'd rather get some first person experiences.

btw, after falling alseep hugging my trash can, I'm seriously considering never drinking again. hahahaha

AlbqSooner
11/29/2009, 09:14 AM
Best hangover remedy for me these days is not drinking. I know, I know, but that works for me.
In my drinking days it was two burrito supremes from Taco Bell. They really soak up the misery.

Okla-homey
11/29/2009, 09:22 AM
This stuff works well. It's probably available to you at any drugstore or big-box retailer.

http://www.alkaseltzer.com/as/as_wakeupcall.html

1890MilesToNorman
11/29/2009, 09:24 AM
Eating grease and sweating it out are about the only things that ever worked for me.

tidalmouse
11/29/2009, 09:51 AM
I always found that certain Herbs if Smoked seemed to help.Albq's answer is the only one that always works.

11/29/2009, 10:29 AM
Take the pain. Get up and move around.

An hour in a swimming pool works miracles.

And drink a bunch of water.

SPuL
11/29/2009, 12:50 PM
haha mann I was all for drinking lot of liquids. For some reason i woke up at 7, couldn't go back to sleep. So I went to lobby, bought like 5 orange juice bottles from coke machine. Drank 2 of them and water. But that only made my nausea worse. Especially when I basically threw up all that OJ.

It did make me feel better though, as I was sleeping like a baby the last 3 hours. feeling a lot better.

But definitely agree with the greasy food and alkaseltzer. Most sites had those two things mentioned.

Breadburner
11/29/2009, 12:53 PM
Get back on the horse......

royalfan5
11/29/2009, 01:00 PM
Hit yourself between the eyes with a ballpeen hammer.

setem
11/29/2009, 01:01 PM
Hair of the Dog is what I always do!

Wake up drink a beer or 2 and I am right as rain!

I think I went full retard last night! I may have met my wife though...let hope she pans out and it was not just beer goggle(for either of us) haha!

SPuL
11/29/2009, 01:06 PM
^hahaha when taking her number, should have also snapped a pic with the camera phone man

Viking Kitten
11/29/2009, 01:09 PM
Bloody Mary.

setem
11/29/2009, 01:12 PM
^hahaha when taking her number, should have also snapped a pic with the camera phone man

You know it is funny that you mention that. I think I have the only Blackberry in history to not have a damn camera! Cheap bastards at T-mobile can suck on my left nut!

SPuL
11/29/2009, 01:15 PM
Bloody Mary.

Seen that alot too. Does that seriously work?

You know it is funny that you mention that. I think I have the only Blackberry in history to not have a damn camera! Cheap bastards at T-mobile can suck on my left nut!

hahaha well here's hoping your beer goggles weren't in full swing mann

Penguin
11/29/2009, 01:45 PM
Gatorade and aspirin usually helped me. I never really got much help from greasy food, but that's just me.

yermom
11/29/2009, 02:19 PM
Menudo

SPuL
11/29/2009, 02:29 PM
Gatorade and aspirin usually helped me. I never really got much help from greasy food, but that's just me.

Check to that gatored. Just got myself 6 32 Oz powerades. Then got some pizza hut breadsticks and a DD breakfast bagel.

No luck on the alka seltzer tho :(

IBleedCrimson
11/29/2009, 02:42 PM
Your head hurts because your so dehydrated your brain has shrunk slightly and is pullling away from your skull. So drink fluids. Sodium is also necessary cause you pissed all of it out last night.

Eat a banana and some eggs. Eggs have a chemical which neutralizes some of aftereffects of an alcohol binge and the potassium in bananas facilitates your body rehydrating itself.

You couldn't go back to sleep this morning because alcohol is a depressant which blocks the release of certain stimulants in your brain. Once you purge the alcohol your brain goes into overdrive and floods your body with the stimulants to make up forthe imbalance.

I stayed at a holiday inn express last night

iwannabelikesam
11/29/2009, 02:44 PM
Milk Thistle. Take it before your night of drinking and again the next morning.

And always, lots of water. This includes while you are drinking.

SPuL
11/29/2009, 02:48 PM
Your head hurts because your so dehydrated your brain has shrunk slightly and is pullling away from your skull. So drink fluids. Sodium is also necessary cause you pissed all of it out last night.

Eat a banana and some eggs. Eggs have a chemical which neutralizes some of aftereffects of an alcohol binge and the potassium in bananas facilitates your body rehydrating itself.

You couldn't go back to sleep this morning because alcohol is a depressant which blocks the release of certain stimulants in your brain. Once you purge the alcohol your brain goes into overdrive and floods your body with the stimulants to make up forthe imbalance.

I stayed at a holiday inn express last night

hahaha good call. Normally I drink responsibly, probably why I never experienced this hell before.

But I was hanging out with these foreign exchange kids from Ireland. Those stereotypes about Irish and drinking are no lie. I'll tell you that hahaha

IBleedCrimson
11/29/2009, 02:53 PM
hahaha good call. Normally I drink responsibly, probably why I never experienced this hell before.

But I was hanging out with these foreign exchange kids from Ireland. Those stereotypes about Irish and drinking are no lie. I'll tell you that hahaha

Lol did you drink any Irish carbombs? :pop:

SPuL
11/29/2009, 02:58 PM
haha nah man. But it seems every time one of them get in a fight. Last night, one of them got kicked out early, and still hasn't come back.

But it's just I went up to their apartment around 6:30, drank till 10 then we left. I guess just seeing them just down drink after drink kind of made me lose track. Not to mention it was first time I drank vodka straight up (usually light drinker). hahah

yankee
11/29/2009, 04:48 PM
as a frequent hangover-ee...here's what i do.

lotsa aspirin, washed down with lotsa water.
a nice long, hot shower.
a nice hot breakfast, eggs involved.
oh, and try to avoid light. ;)

if all else fails, start drinking again. i typically don't have the stomach for this, but that will relieve your hangover too.

Penguin
11/29/2009, 10:29 PM
Milk Thistle. Take it before your night of drinking and again the next morning.

Just as a PSA, milk thistle is great for your liver, but it is also a ragweed. If you are allergic to ragweed, you probably will want to avoid milk thistle.

btk108
11/29/2009, 11:13 PM
budlight Chelada.......works wonders

Collier11
11/30/2009, 11:25 AM
I have been blessed with not getting hangovers anymore other than the occasional headache for about the last 4 years. When I used to have them alot, you def want to eat something really crappy before bed, take 2 tylenol and drink a lot of water.

Those alkaseltzer things help my Girl quite a bit with her hangovers

MamaMia
11/30/2009, 01:22 PM
Have a real spicy Bloody Mary, a long hot shower, another bloody Mary, secks and a 3 hour nap. Thats what works for me.

Cheerin' 4 OU
12/1/2009, 01:32 AM
The only thing that has ever worked for my hangovers (besides a little hair of the dog) is eating a baked potato with absolutely no condiments.

The starches in potatoes help you replace the sugar you ... blah, I'm no doctor and can't explain why. I just know that it works 100 percent of the time for me.

def_lazer_fc
12/1/2009, 02:42 AM
a little smoke goes a long way. or the hair of the dog

beer4me
12/1/2009, 10:23 AM
Never sober up

soonerinabilene
12/1/2009, 10:42 AM
a grilled cheese sandwich cooked in bacon grease and a shot of crown.

Collier11
12/1/2009, 10:48 AM
A beeJ

TUSooner
12/1/2009, 11:01 AM
Opium, smoked.

I works better than anything ever, guaranteed. But of course there are some drawbacks, such as availability, addiction, and arrest.

BillyBall
12/1/2009, 11:02 AM
Sweating it out are about the only things that ever worked for me.

This.

Go for a run, it works wonders.

proud gonzo
12/2/2009, 02:48 AM
Bacon.

proud gonzo
12/2/2009, 02:50 AM
Menudo
or patsa if you're Greek.

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 02:51 AM
I dont have a Clue
believe it or Not Ive never had a hangover :D

batonrougesooner
12/2/2009, 08:53 AM
Lots of water or better yet gatoraide and a moderate amount of fatty food before bed.

Hair of the dog in the am if you can choke it down. If you are really jittery with headache and nausea in the am, the hair of the dog that bit you will do the trick. Prolongs the physical hangover but reduces the withdrawl symptoms. Flattens it out because your body is tapered off the alcohol. If you really want to get crazy you could steal a couple of your grandmother's xanax for the same effect.

soonermix
12/2/2009, 10:48 AM
how to fix a hangover...

step 1) get up and drink gatorade
step 2) introduce gravy into your system
step 3) nap

step 4) if that doesn't work start drinking again

TUSooner
12/2/2009, 10:52 AM
I dont have a Clue
believe it or Not Ive never had a hangover :D

It's because you never stop drinking!!

Zbird
12/2/2009, 11:31 PM
Crank Speeds up your system and only passing time will cure it. Smoke a couple rocks and go for a three mile run.
;)

olevetonahill
12/2/2009, 11:46 PM
It's because you never stop drinking!!

:eek: :D :pop:

PDXsooner
12/3/2009, 12:42 PM
water, water, water, ibuprofin...repeat

King Crimson
12/3/2009, 12:49 PM
heavy steeped green tea (not the trendy kind with sugar you buy at Love's) with a few drops of soy sauce.

alka seltzer.

huevos rancheros.

YWIA

StoopTroup
12/3/2009, 01:23 PM
Morphine.

btk108
12/3/2009, 02:30 PM
heavy steeped green tea (not the trendy kind with sugar you buy at Love's) with a few drops of soy sauce.

alka seltzer.

huevos rancheros.

YWIA

I think this would GIVE you a hangover

Breadburner
12/3/2009, 02:35 PM
I good ole knobber helps too.....