PDA

View Full Version : Orange Power Dot Com

the_ouskull
11/29/2009, 12:24 AM
Some of the choicer nugs...

-----

Were [sic]always going to be second to Ou! Always! It's never going to change! I guess we should just get used to it! Weve[sic] lost 7 straight to Ou and it'll probably be 35 straight before we beat them again! -- BigPokesFan

Gundy is a spineless c*nt who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paperbag. -- 96Grad

I feel like chanting 'overrated! overrated!' at the tv. We really are. It's sad to say. This 9-3 team is not like last years. Where is our signature win like Mizzou last year? -- Dez4Prez2012

Zac Robinson is the latest installment of a loser OSU quarterback with a loser mentality being coached by another loser quarterback with a losers mentality.

Both looked scared. Neither believed they could win. -- mrorange

All you young guys who kept telling us, "That was then. This is now. This is a different OSU." Welcome to being an OSU alum. We all started out drinking the orange koolaid and saying "Just wait until next year!" at the end of every dissappointing season.

Gundy never beat the conference Big 2 (uO or NU) as a QB and he apparently can't beat the conference big 2 (uO and UT) as a coach.

If someone would just market some "We're #3" foam fingers in orange, they could sell a bunch in Stillwater! -- Barnabas

Blah Blah BLah we got SHUT OUT! Let that sink in... the last time we were shut out was '05. And we thought we were ready for a BCS game??? -- BTUOPokes10

Games like this can really screw the pooch for recruting. -- Bo Dowling

This is without question the worst OU team in a decade. Who was worse....one of the 6 conf champs in the last ten years? They were an MNC thought before they lost the best TE in CFB, a returning Heismen winner, their only experienced OL, their best LB...just to name a few. They were a skeleton crew....Neb, TT, BYU, Miami all found ways to beat them...we blew it. -- Donnyboy

..and, finally:

I'm afraid we're "there". This is the ceiling. Always has been, always will be. Accept it. Anyone expecting conference championships or MNC has no grip on reality. We'll have our occasional preseason hype, inevitably followed by disappointment. We're doing alright for a non-football school. Enjoy the success we get. We should thank MG for the past few seasons and hope for many more 7 to 9 win seasons. Unreasonable expectations are ruining what should be a golden era for OSU football. I loved this season. I got caught up in the hype too, but if UH didn't slap you back to reality, you're in for some tough seasons to come -- AustinOSU

Sigh. I missed Aggy. It's good that we could b*tch slap them back to reality, a bit...

the_ouskull

delhalew
11/29/2009, 12:27 AM
Warms my heart...ahhhh:D

bri
11/29/2009, 12:34 AM
Good thing OP.com is still around to fill the void left by 99% of aggy "fan" clamming right the hell up on Facebook right around 11:45 a.m. today. :D

Overtime
11/29/2009, 12:35 AM
How cute. =)

silverwheels
11/29/2009, 12:35 AM
It's hilarious that Aggies forget that they're Aggies every year, only to be brought back to reality in a crushing defeat.

tommieharris91
11/29/2009, 12:37 AM
This sounds kinda familiar... (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=83585)

ouwasp
11/29/2009, 12:39 AM
Yes... a poke I work with could not keep a ****-eating grin off his face last week when talking endlessly about the OU-Tech game. He didn't care that his team barely escaped Colorado, but he did certainly enjoy the Sooner angst last week.

He won't be grinning on Monday. :)

picasso
11/29/2009, 12:40 AM
I don't understand how some of them can be so naive. I mean it doesn't take rocket science to figure out just how good one of our best teams is compared to one of their best.

Flagstaffsooner
11/29/2009, 12:45 AM
This is the ceiling.You got it ag.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 12:45 AM
omgz they're using injuries as excuses and our third string TE played the entire game as an offensive lineman

Default Re: Official vent your feelings thread
Let me start off by saying 9-3 was a good year for what went down.

Dez being suspended, Damian Davis getting booted, Bowling dealing, Mosley taking advantage of whoever, Hunter being hurt, Zac being hurt. Just think of how much a better OC you would be with the projected starters that we were missing in every skill postion we had. Not one of them started the game healthy today and most weren't on the sidelines.

The problem that I am faced with is the razzing that will take place this week from the OU fans, everything else I can live with. "Even this to shall pass" a wise man once said.

The biggest issue that I had with the play calling was that when we were down, we tried to keep it close and we didn't seem to try and win it. I would rather have gone down fighting than to have gone down quietly....just my opinion.

So if you are a true Cowboy fan, stop calling for Gundy's head and figure out how to fill Boone Pickens stadium so we can get the top notch talent in Stillwater.

yermom
11/29/2009, 12:48 AM
If someone would just market some "We're #3" foam fingers in orange, they could sell a bunch in Stillwater! -- Barnabas

finally, someone gets it ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2009, 12:51 AM
i thought there was gonna be a slapfight on my facebook for a while after the game was over

bri
11/29/2009, 12:52 AM
i thought there was gonna be a slapfight on my facebook for a while after the game was over

I didn't hear a peep once the game started. A couple of hours after the game, a couple of hearty souls crawled back and tried talking crap about how we were going to a crappy bowl. I just replied "So are you."

picasso
11/29/2009, 12:53 AM

I dropkicked 4 friends from there after the BYU game. They were laughing about Bradford. Sad lot they are.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2009, 12:54 AM
mine was about me not being classy in mentioning this was the same ol same ol....and then froze and a few others mentioned how classy it was that osu put the score of the game on their 95 graduation medallions or something....

silverwheels
11/29/2009, 12:55 AM
It's funny that OSU is bragging about going to a better bowl. It doesn't matter if it's the Holiday or Cotton, they will get murdered. They're just not that good this year. The only reason they're 9-3 is because of their really soft schedule.

Funky G
11/29/2009, 12:56 AM
Don't forget they played EIGHT home games...

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 12:59 AM
Season still a success......Far far from it...

We had the talent to go 12-0 pre-season.....it would have been tough but we could have done it. THEN....the Mosley debacle....then HOUSTON and us laying an egg to a team that may not win the C-USA at HOME at HOME!!!!....Then everyone at OSU football sleeping while Dez is questioned and us losing him....Then getting embarrassed by Texas on the national stage....THEN GETTING SHUT OUT BY OU WHO WE WERE FAVORED BY 10 F*&KING POINTS IN NORMAN TO BEAT. OU had nothing left they were a skeleton crew!

We played one good team all year and they blew us off the field....we played one average team that beat us at home....and we got SHUT OUT on the road by a one armed...one legged....blindfolded OU!

This season is a failure. I don't care if in 1960 whatever we sucked or if we weren't good when Pat Jones was there....they are gone and we are losing every year to inferior opponents. We had a chance to back in to a BCS bowl and all we had to do is beat the worst OU team in over a decade to do it we choked!

lol.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 01:01 AM
It's funny that OSU is bragging about going to a better bowl. It doesn't matter if it's the Holiday or Cotton, they will get murdered. They're just not that good this year. The only reason they're 9-3 is because of their really soft schedule.

I agree.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2009, 01:04 AM
THEN GETTING SHUT OUT BY OU WHO WE WERE FAVORED BY 10 F*&KING POINTS IN NORMAN TO BEAT.

Didn't we have the line?

tommieharris91
11/29/2009, 01:06 AM
Didn't we have the line?

Yep. By 10 points.

Retarded aggie is retarded.

yermom
11/29/2009, 01:06 AM
everything i saw was that we were 8 point favorites

i figured i'd hear more whining about that...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2009, 01:07 AM
I notice they use the B word a lot over there...I really wouldn't call what OU does to their team every year the B word..

silverwheels
11/29/2009, 01:08 AM
everything i saw was that we were 8 point favorites

i figured i'd hear more whining about that...

Well, 10 points or 8 points, they can't really whine about it now. :D

sooner59
11/29/2009, 01:19 AM
omgz they're using injuries as excuses and our third string TE played the entire game as an offensive lineman

They refuse to believe we have over twice as many important injuries and still embarassed them.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2009, 01:29 AM
Didn't we have the line?

We did indeed. At one point earlier this week it was 10 1/2... fell to 8 1/2 by gametime, I believe. So sorry, Poke bettors.

In other news...

You did all register the "welcome to being an oSu alum" dig, didn't you?

Heh. I love it when they trot that shi-ite out on its camel.

The two biggest pokes I knew in our school both went for a year or two to LoSuR, couldn't hack, and ended up at SWOSU and NWOSU, respectively.

I'm quite sure they are still Halloween-clad tried and true to this day. And I don't blame them one little bit. That was their thing, and that's ok.

But then when they all turn and say, "but did you go to OU?", my only arsenal left with that overwhelming feat of Sicilian-Iocane-powder-withstanding logic is laughter... laughter at them.....

...like the clowns they are.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2009, 01:31 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2009, 01:35 AM
That word you keep saying... I do not think it means what you think it means...

tulsaoilerfan
11/29/2009, 01:53 AM
Didn't we have the line?

Yup, but don't stop him he's on a roll :D

SoonerTrain
11/29/2009, 08:49 AM
I don't think this is how the "Pickens Plan" was supposed to work!!!! :D

StoopTroup
11/29/2009, 08:56 AM
I couldn't believe Gumby kept robinson in as long as he did. He was so ineffective.

AlbqSooner
11/29/2009, 09:04 AM
There are so many aggie mentality stories that it is hard to pick the best. However, my personal favorite was in the early/mid '60s. They opened the season with Air Force. Played to a 0-0 tie. A reporter stuck a microphone in the face of the pokie coach and asked what the aggies took from this game. His answer ( I swear I am not making this up): "We really need to get better on defense."

Easting
11/29/2009, 11:22 AM
OSU's always been just like that team that plays the Harlem Globetrotters.

BoomerSooner, esq.
11/29/2009, 11:44 AM
I am so happy that we could B*tch slap that BCS pipe dream right from their minds. Poor guys, the "there's always next year" mentality is forever staying in Stillwater.

OU-HSV
11/29/2009, 11:52 AM
Well, 10 points or 8 points, they can't really whine about it now. :D

Or I even saw 9.5 points, but maybe that was earlier this week.

Either way...they're obviously uninformed football fans

delhalew
11/29/2009, 11:55 AM
So fun to watch them meltdown.

MyT Oklahoma
11/29/2009, 12:25 PM
And here I thought that this board could be bad after a loss but the OSU Cowboys are simply priceless. That plus entertaining.

Oh well.. better luck next year Aggies. :cool:

sooner KB
11/29/2009, 12:38 PM
Some more:

I think we saw the big OU in the middle of the field to begin the game, and then we proceeded to crap our pants ever since...

I wonder if we will ever beat OU again before I die.

Bunch of losers!!!! FIRE GUNDY NOW!!!

Give these facilities a little more time to do their thing, people.

Another problem is that damn stadium is loud every single down the entire game. This was my first time to go to Norman and I was impressed with their fans. I wish ours would get rowdy for every defensive play like OU's fans do. We usually don't get up unless it's third down or they're close to the goal line. My ears are still ringing.

So, we will be lucky to win 6 games next year... The following year we will be 6-0 going into the Texas game and get out-coached and lose by 30...we will continue to beat the powder puffs and then at the end of the season we will have the usual outcoached game against OU with a loss by 10... This trend will continue for 20 years. Such is OSU football

hgarmorer
11/29/2009, 12:54 PM

Yeah but the General's know they are going to lose!

picasso
11/29/2009, 01:03 PM

The Generals??????? Me and a college buddy always talked about trying out for that team.

DenverSooner751
11/29/2009, 01:10 PM
LOL at the Facilities post........They're never going to get past that.

westcoast_sooner
11/29/2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah - it's great how the facilities win the games.

westcoast_sooner
11/29/2009, 03:26 PM
Overall, just pathetic. I've mentioned that everyone (EVERYONE) in my family is a Poke fan and gives me crap. Well, at least I have my daughter thinking about changing from her "convict orange" loyalty to Crimson and Cream.

But the mindset that is the Pokes is just pathetic and entertaining. Our board is bad when we lose, but the guy that said the OSU team sees the big OU at the center of the field and craps their pants has it right. I started to ask what their excuse was when they played in Stoolwater, but realized that they still see "OU" on the Sooner's helmets.

And, NO, I don't feel sorry for them.

Jacie
11/29/2009, 03:26 PM
The Generals??????? Me and a college buddy always talked about trying out for that team.

When I was the Globetrotters the sacrifice team was called the Boston Shamrocks and they had this 5'9'' red-headed guy who was the foil for a lot of the stunts.

stoopified
11/29/2009, 03:37 PM
Some of the choicer nugs...

-----

..and, finally:

Sigh. I missed Aggy. It's good that we could b*tch slap them back to reality, a bit...

the_ouskullGood stuff.My favorite thread over there was one where the Pukes were all whinihg and crying about 6-5 OU being a 10 point favorite over 9-3 oSu.They were all going on about how OU is falling apart and how the Orange Power was going to roll over OU and CRUSH us and OUr winning streak.Too funny.

bri
11/29/2009, 04:59 PM
Give these facilities a little more time to do their thing, people.

Holy crap, aggy recruited Omega Supreme? We are SO f*cked when he clears his redshirt season.

soonersam
11/29/2009, 05:02 PM
If someone would just market some "We're #3" foam fingers in orange, they could sell a bunch in Stillwater

THAT IS FUNNY F'ing STUFF!!!!!!

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Centig
Another problem is that damn stadium is loud every single down the entire game. This was my first time to go to Norman and I was impressed with their fans. I wish ours would get rowdy for every defensive play like OU's fans do. We usually don't get up unless it's third down or they're close to the goal line. My ears are still ringing.

this :)

SPuL
11/29/2009, 05:11 PM
So fun to watch them meltdown.

Is exactly what BYU, Miami, Texas, Nebraska, and Texas Tech fans probably said after viewing our forums after our losses.

While I do enjoy seeing a lot of these posts. You guys are forgetting this is how a lot of posters on here were after every Oklahoma loss. The "Fire so and so" "Landry sucks", etc etc.

It's really no different.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2009, 05:19 PM
Is exactly what BYU, Miami, Texas, Nebraska, and Texas Tech fans probably said after viewing our forums after our losses.

While I do enjoy seeing a lot of these posts. You guys are forgetting this is how a lot of posters on here were after every Oklahoma loss. The "Fire so and so" "Landry sucks", etc etc.

No. Our whining is far superior and gives on enjoyment to our foes. :P

delhalew
11/29/2009, 05:22 PM

I can't control the FIRE BLANK, SO AND SO SUCKS crowd, but I will always enjoy laughing the pokes in Brokeback Stillwater.

SPuL
11/29/2009, 05:23 PM
haha yea true. I know there is a large following here who have been fans for years. I was only mentioning those so called "Sooner fans" who hop on the bandwagon when everything is great, then whine, bitch, and cry after every loss.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 05:30 PM
haha yea true. I know there is a large following here who have been fans for years. I was only mentioning those so called "Sooner fans" who hop on the bandwagon when everything is great, then whine, bitch, and cry after every loss.

People get heated about their college football. I can't blame them. I will criticize till the cows come home...try to keep perspective, and try to be informed. I'll try to have humor, but I take my Sooners very seriously...as most of us do.

I can't hate folks for getting crazy(with the exception of dogging Landry on his facebook), but I will laugh at them.:D

soonerborn45
11/29/2009, 07:09 PM

Actually Mensik is the 5th string tight end technically. Gresham, Eldridge, Hanna, Ratteree, Mensik. Now though he is 3rd i guess.

stoopified
11/29/2009, 08:12 PM
I saw an article in the Stillwater paper that put a capper on the Bedlam beatdown.It was titled IF NOT NOW,WHEN?The writer went on to talk about how good the Poke team was and how OU was down(admittedly largely due to injuries) and how it was all there for the Orange.The writer went on to say that 16 oSu senior starters (and 22 overall) finshed their career winless against the Sooners(and UT).They concluded by saying if the Cowboys couldn't win now,then when? It would be a lot funnier IF it wasn't the stone-cold truth.

badger
11/29/2009, 11:54 PM
Seven stages of Poke grief:

1: :stunned: (Shock or Disbelief)

2: Nuh-uh! We're ranked higher than the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners and have a better record! (Denial)

3- It's our year! This is our best chance to win in recent years, so we should win now! Shouldn't we win now since we've only won 16 in this entire series?! (Bargaining)

4- We lost at home to Houston and Texas. We're overrated and haven't played anybody good, have we? Are we a sham? (Guilt)

5- Dag nabbit! Those Walmart t-shirt wearing Goons are always bragging about their championships and their recruits and THEY CHEAT! Why can't we get a decent team? We're a supportive fanbase! We deserve it! Fire Gundy, fire Holder and fire everyone else if we don't win!(Anger)

6- Oh gawd, we're never gonna score. We haven't beaten them since 02. We suck. We're going to another lousy bowl. Gundy can't coach. They're gonna shut us out. (Depression)

7- Oh yeah? FORTY-NINE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS! (Acceptance and Hope)

And with that, I leave this edition of Bedl@m with a song...

Whoooooooaaaa! Whooooaaaa! Whoo-oh! They are Cowboys for-e-ver! [hairGel]

picasso
11/30/2009, 12:01 AM
When I was the Globetrotters the sacrifice team was called the Boston Shamrocks and they had this 5'9'' red-headed guy who was the foil for a lot of the stunts.

Dude seriously? Me and my friend could play some hoops. I played pickup ball with many a D-1 player. My bud could shoot from anywhere with his beer gut and Jamal Wilkes stroke.
We thought it'd be fun to try out for that team.:D

SGT Park3R
11/30/2009, 12:10 AM
Man. Sad. But some of those are ****ing hilarious. Those people are pissed.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 12:25 AM
badger, that was awesome.

Soonerborn03
11/30/2009, 01:14 AM
A reporter stuck a microphone in the face of the pokie coach and asked what the aggies took from this game. His answer ( I swear I am not making this up): "We really need to get better on defense."Was that an Aggie or Kelvin Sampson?

DarrellZero
11/30/2009, 02:04 AM
You know it wouldn't be so funny if they didn't set themselves up for it year after year.

THIS year is always going to be different for them. It never is.

I'm only half kidding here, why don't they strike up a rivalry with Tulsa? They would have a good shot at winning that game at least half the time.

King Barry's Back
11/30/2009, 02:38 AM
You know it wouldn't be so funny if they didn't set themselves up for it year after year.

THIS year is always going to be different for them. It never is.

I'm only half kidding here, why don't they strike up a rivalry with Tulsa? They would have a good shot at winning that game at least half the time.

They used to have an annual rivalry with Tulsa. It was a good game for both of them because they could bus and each could turn out some fans to fill up half empty stadiums.

Not sure why it ended, but I've always thought it was because Tulsa won too often.

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2009, 07:52 AM
"Poke choke...it's only a matter of time"

sendbaht
11/30/2009, 08:22 AM
I just went over the the OPDC board. I laughed my head off them pukes talking about this weeks "The Mike Gundy Coaches Show"
Poor Mike had to do a show...really no high lights to show, I bet that was one long 1/2 hour show for the 42/3 year old.;)

delhalew
11/30/2009, 08:48 AM
I watched it until it started to depress ME:D

OUBookbabe
11/30/2009, 09:12 AM
Enjoy your day Sooner Fans! It's Monday morning and the pokes still haven't scored or crossed the 50!

Collier11
11/30/2009, 09:34 AM
Pokes are liable to slip into a deep depression knowing that these past two seasons were "their year" and in neither of them were they able to get to a conf title game or a bcs game. Next year they should be down or as I say, back to normal

badger
11/30/2009, 09:37 AM
Enjoy your day Sooner Fans! It's Monday morning and the pokes still haven't scored or crossed the 50!

to be fair, they did cross the 50 when we were all a-scared that the shutout was going bye-bye right at the very end.

Actually, that doesn't count, because the pokes fum-balled. :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/30/2009, 10:08 AM
I love the ones that say they are still the better team because they finished 2nd in the South and had a better record than OU

1890MilesToNorman
11/30/2009, 10:11 AM
Maybe the pokes will drive a tractor around a stadium dragging a banner so the whole world knows they came in second? I know they can't fly so this would be within their abilities.

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 10:15 AM
oSu=The wipers of other people's bottoms

BigBoomerInBigD
11/30/2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe the pokes will drive a tractor around a stadium dragging a banner so the whole world knows they came in second? I know they can't fly so this would be within their abilities.

LOL:D

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2009, 12:02 PM
Some of them are really dilusional...poor aggies

It seems so far that all my soonie buddies are completely happy about their season because they beat us. So I guess we have gone 180 degrees. We expect more and their season was made by beating us.

Collier11
11/30/2009, 12:09 PM
^ That is just...well thats just stupid, and funny, and pathetic

Pricetag
11/30/2009, 12:14 PM
Fake it 'til you make it, Pokes.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2009, 12:20 PM
Some of them are really dilusional...poor aggies

Certainly didn't make the season for me - just my Saturday. :D

SoonerMavrick25
11/30/2009, 12:35 PM
I think this pretty much sums it up... they are "HAPPY" to be playing in the cotton bowl... Where for OU that would be a disappointment... That is a gap my friends that will never be closed...

cb4ou
11/30/2009, 01:23 PM
I think what Poke fans do not realize is that with our scedule they are not 9-3

and in the Cotton bowl.

1890MilesToNorman
11/30/2009, 01:26 PM
Did they really, really think they would put an end to our home winning streak?

bri
11/30/2009, 01:29 PM

They used to have an annual rivalry with Tulsa. It was a good game for both of them because they could bus and each could turn out some fans to fill up half empty stadiums.

Not sure why it ended, but I've always thought it was because Tulsa won too often.

^This. aggy was fine with playing Tulsa, until the 'Cane got a bit uppity and started winning. I think that's the same reason aggy stopped playing Sun Belt teams.

picasso
11/30/2009, 01:42 PM
I think what Poke fans do not realize is that with our scedule they are not 9-3

and in the Cotton bowl.

Exactly!

NormanPride
11/30/2009, 02:08 PM
^This. aggy was fine with playing Tulsa, until the 'Cane got a bit uppity and started winning. I think that's the same reason aggy stopped playing Sun Belt teams.

You gotta watch out for those Division 2 teams, too. They can jump up on ya real quick-like.

goingoneight
11/30/2009, 02:14 PM
I think with eight home games and ZOMG BAYLOR AND IOWA STATE on the road we're probably 10-2 at worst. A&M absolutely laid down against us in Norman, but you know how they are at home and how we are on the road. I really don't see Stoops losing to a Gary Pinkel-coached team, either, but that's just MHO.

Now OSU, OTOH... opening against BYU would have been interesting. Had they been full-strength as they were against UGA, it's probably a double-digit aggy win, but never count on aggy.

Idaho State... meh. Area high schools could challenge this yard dog.

Home vs TU... I see a high-scoring effort, personally. OSU lean, but remember TU played Houston better than OSU did.

So 3-0 at best... no guanatees.

I'm calling @ Miami a loss. This is the point in the season when Dez Bryant was "hurt."

3-1... let's give 'em 4-1 with Baylor @ home.

Texas... well, we saw what Texas did IN STOOLWATER. 4-2.

Kansas occasionally had some offensive firepower when motivated, but they're just not that good this year on top of being unmotivated and Mangino problems. 5-2.

Not too bad, aggy. KSU is the biggest mystery team in the BIG 12. Probably the least talented, but tends to surprise occasionally. If I'm giving the aggies BYU and Tulsa, I'm saying Poke Choke shows up in at least one "trap game." Still, at best it's 6-2.

Nebraska and Tech both playing at home would gobble up OSU IMO. A&M is probably a 4th quarter game in Stoolwater, but it's always a game between OSU and A&M.

Then you have OSU on your schedule. I think OSU would probably find a way to mess that up and lose to themselves, too.

Phil
11/30/2009, 02:14 PM
to be fair, they did cross the 50 when we were all a-scared that the shutout was going bye-bye right at the very end.

Actually, they snapped the ball three times on our side of the 50 in the first quarter. It was a penalty on us that got them to our 45, and they never got any closer.

boomermagic
11/30/2009, 02:30 PM
Actually, they snapped the ball three times on our side of the 50 in the first quarter. It was a penalty on us that got them to our 45, and they never got any closer.

TRUE !

OKLA21FAN
11/30/2009, 02:31 PM

This is soooooooo Arkie Cotton Bowl like from 2002 :texan:

badger
11/30/2009, 02:42 PM

Those don't count either Phil, because the Pokes didn't earn that yardage :D

So, the original statement that the pokes never crossed the 50 is correct... from a certain point of view ;)

crimson&cream
11/30/2009, 08:06 PM
So if we had painted the goal line on our own 45 for the LosuR's the game would've still been 27-0. pathetic!.LMAO
Can't wait until I go to work tomorrow and see the 4-5 LosuR fans I work with. I won't say a word ...just smile!.

OU-HSV
11/30/2009, 08:12 PM
So if we had painted the goal line on our own 45 for the LosuR's the game would've still been 27-0. pathetic!.LMAO
Can't wait until I go to work tomorrow and see the 4-5 LosuR fans I work with. I won't say a word ...just smile!.

And in arena ball it would've been 60-0

OUBookbabe
11/30/2009, 09:38 PM

But they did not snap the ball and I so did enjoy the fumble!!

OUBookbabe
11/30/2009, 09:43 PM

OK Phil. We stand corrected.

It's still a fine day in Soonerland and they still haven't scored.

Piware
12/1/2009, 01:09 AM
Every year it's the same old crap. They are a team on the rise and their future is bright. They dredge up some stupid slogan (World's Most Powerful Offense), make themselves some Big XII champs bracelets, tee-shirts, steal a name from another school (black shirts), make up some new "traditions", try desparately to sell out Pickens Palace and fail, proclaim this is 'THE YEAR", the stupid fans exhort each other to "yell their hearts out", drink the Holder kool-aid and somewhere along the line the Pukes manage to lay several big eggs.

The next chapter involves rants, anger, tears, calling for Gumby's head and grasping at whatever straw available to alibi up. In a perfect situation, they can find some wisp of a reason as to why this is all OUs fault. Not Deion Sanders, not Dez Bryant, not thei four that got booted from the team for "various reasons", not their dummy coach, not the NCAA but OU.

I've said it before and I will say it again. When it comes to the cryin' Pokes, they can dip it in chocolate and roll it in coconut but it's still a dog turd.