PDA

View Full Version : for the so called sooner fans....

kbsooner
11/28/2009, 09:24 PM
who knowingly sell tickets to pokes, I vociferously boo in your general direction. Although I don't think the 4 in front of us will ever be back. They acted like they never heard anyone scream and yell @ a football game before.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 09:27 PM
Look at it this way. Those that sat in Sooner sections just got schooled on being a real fan of a real program.

You called it...they won't want to suffer that humiliation again.

stoopified
11/28/2009, 09:34 PM
I bet it was a lot easier to sit in Memorial Stadium today next to Cowpuke fans then it was sitting there in the Boo era.I was sitting there (Pressbox side upperdeack )and there were nearly as many Cowpukes as Sooners.It was without a doubt the worst homegame experience of my 22 years as a ticket holder.

Soonerus
11/28/2009, 09:35 PM
They were at the game in battalions...but never had a chance to cheer...bummer for them...

soonerborn30
11/28/2009, 09:41 PM
The two in front of me just shook their heads. One Poke said to the other "they don't shut up do they?"

For the record, the guy in front of me didn't have an OSU shirt on. No, he had an orange hunting vest on...I wish I was kidding.

kbsooner
11/28/2009, 09:41 PM
Look at it this way. Those that sat in Sooner sections just got schooled on being a real fan of a real program.

You called it...they won't want to suffer that humiliation again.

one of the dudes actually covered his ears!

delhalew
11/28/2009, 09:44 PM

OH...to have been there with you guys. Witnessing puke fans covering their offended ears would bring a smile to my face for years.

(I kept telling everyone the crowd seemed especially loud today)

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 09:45 PM
Deleted

sooner KB
11/28/2009, 10:03 PM
What about people that sell OSU tickets to OU fans?

I was going all around the stadium today trying to find a ticket, but they were much harder to come by today and much more expensive. I think the best deal I found was in section 2 for $50 (way more than I usually pay to sit on the 50). Right before kickoff I find someone with an endzone ticket and we agree to $15.

The low ticket price should have been enough for me to figure out I had a ticket in the OSU section, but I guess I was in such a hurry to get a ticket I didn't even consider it. I was so horrified when I turned that corner after getting out of the tunnel and seeing nothing but orange and black.

Overall it was an interesting experience though. The woman that constantly yelled motivational "you can do it guys" phrases in a high pitched voice right up until the bitter end, yelled funny phrases such as "sack him" after Murray gets the ball handed off to him, and that yelled "rats!" every time something bad happened for OSU was amusing at first but got annoying really quick.

The 11 or so year old boy right behind me that was constantly asking who had the ball, what just happened, etc got annoying. The poor kid had no idea what was going on on any given play and had to yell questions to his dad every 10 seconds.

I don't want to rag on the woman sitting next to me, because she was nice and struck up a conversation with me at halftime. I did find it funny when on numerous occasions (such as the first big Broyles return) she would be cheering loudly when OU was making a good play or when OSU was making a bad one. I had to glance over the first time she did it to make sure the bright orange shirt was really an OSU shirt.

The most common phrase I heard yelled through the whole game was definitely "pick it off" and "intercept it." Second was probably "get a fumble." I got the feeling that they all felt they could only win it if they got enough turnovers. It seemed like they yelled for OU to make mistakes more than they cheered on their own team. It was interesting.

OKLA21FAN
11/28/2009, 10:05 PM
they sold their tickets to 'brokers' (and prob didnt know it) which then sold to Aggies

it happens

enjoy capitalism! :pop:

yermom
11/28/2009, 10:07 PM

haha.

glad i wasn't the only one to see this :)

sooner KB
11/28/2009, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, and I also got a good chuckle when a guy sitting behind said "come on, we need to get our offense going! We can do this!" with 3 minutes left in the game down 27-0. The "rats" woman had to inform him that "this game is probably over now."

jdsooner
11/28/2009, 10:17 PM
I thought there would be more orange. A few years back, when Lester was the coach, there seemed to be a lot more.

Phil
11/28/2009, 11:03 PM
I agree with that. There have been lots more than that in past years, and other than the visual pollution of the orange, they were literally easy to miss. Certainly, they didn't make much noise.

jdsooner
11/29/2009, 12:13 AM
You didn't sit close to their band. They drove me nuts!

Of course, it is a short drive!

yermom
11/29/2009, 12:17 AM
they were pretty loud. i was on the opposite corner and i was hearing them over our band

at first i thought the Pride was playing Seven Nation Army :O

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 12:20 AM
There were a lot of OSU parents and OSU boyfriend/girlfriends at the game. A girl wearing an OU shirt in front of us too afraid to show her true colors would silently root for OSU and throw her "guns" up every once in a while. Didn't hear a word out of the OSU girl behind us.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2009, 12:36 AM
they were pretty loud. i was on the opposite corner and i was hearing them over our band

at first i thought the Pride was playing Seven Nation Army :O

It was painfully obvious on TV, too.

FIRE BRIAN BRITT

Dio
11/29/2009, 12:47 AM
You know what bugged me the most about seeing all that orange in our stadium?

Realizing that nobody was out picking up all the trash along the interstate.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2009, 12:50 AM
At least John Whetsel didn't have to worry about orange pouring out the windows of the Oklahoma County Escape-O-Matic for a few hours today.

sooner59
11/29/2009, 02:37 AM
Hey I can handle the OSU band leaving with their heads up as long as their football team and fans leave with their heads down...

yukonsooner
11/29/2009, 07:03 PM
I think one reason we didn't see as much orange was that many were wearing black (no doubt to look more intimidating). I know I there were a lot in my section wearing black. I was somewhat puzzeling to see a couple of guys wearing their osu orange and Oregon hats. Don't know if they saw them and assumed the "O" of for o state???

mehip
11/29/2009, 08:16 PM
Yep, I saw a wussy agg cover his ears as well in our section. I was pretty much hoarse by the third quarter; seeing this guy cover his ears like a two year old pretty much inspired me to yell to the point where I've just about lost my voice.

This was the only game I was able to make it to this season and it was damn fun. (in my hoarse voice) BOOMER!

SoonerPr8r
11/29/2009, 10:22 PM
i saw plenty of orange. Also one guy had an OU#28 jersey on but wearing an orange shirt on under it. I don't know if he was planning on switching sides if the pokes went up or what. But there was a girl that my friends and I saw who put an OU hoodie on over her OSU t-shirt at half-time

Razor_Poke
11/29/2009, 10:57 PM
Ok, here is a report from a "puke" as you like to call me. I got 2 tickets in 230off ebay for $75 total.

The people around me were very friendly and we acted like guests should act. As I looked for tickets leading up to the game, I'm sure there were a couple thousand available on various internet sites. In 230 alone, within earshot, there were 16 Pokes. There were also scattered empty seats.

I did enjoy myself and was treated cordially. The only incident is that somehow, I got mustard on the back of my shirt. If it was intentional, the fool screwed up because a nice Sooner lady behind me got the brunt of it in her hair. The only other incident had nothing to do with OSU at all. A few younger fans were using profanity and some Sooner fans called them out, which I appreciated. It had been since 1997 that I visited OU for a Bedlam game. I'll come back based on this very good treatment and I'll extend the same to any OU visitor next year in Stillwater.

It was noisy, but I wasn't overwhelmed to the point of covering my ears. There were times when it was strangely quiet too. I heard as many catcalls toward Landry Jones and Kevin Wilson as I did toward OSU until OU got things going. Thanks, and good luck in your bowl game.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 11:21 PM
Ok, here is a report from a "puke" as you like to call me. I got 2 tickets in 230off ebay for $75 total.

The people around me were very friendly and we acted like guests should act. As I looked for tickets leading up to the game, I'm sure there were a couple thousand available on various internet sites. In 230 alone, within earshot, there were 16 Pokes. There were also scattered empty seats.

I did enjoy myself and was treated cordially. The only incident is that somehow, I got mustard on the back of my shirt. If it was intentional, the fool screwed up because a nice Sooner lady behind me got the brunt of it in her hair. The only other incident had nothing to do with OSU at all. A few younger fans were using profanity and some Sooner fans called them out, which I appreciated. It had been since 1997 that I visited OU for a OU-OSU game. I'll come back based on this very good treatment and I'll extend the same to any OU visitor next year in Stillwater.

It was noisy, but I wasn't overwhelmed to the point of covering my ears. There were times when it was strangely quiet too. I heard as many catcalls toward Landry Jones and Kevin Wilson as I did toward OSU until OU got things going. Thanks, and good luck in your bowl game.

I'm glad you were treated well.

illinisooner
11/29/2009, 11:48 PM
What do you guys have against Seven Nation Army? It's generally accepted as quite a good terrace chant in Europe and played by bands over here. Adds to the atmosphere and is better than most of the crap that the bands play lol.

kbsooner
11/29/2009, 11:53 PM
I don't have any problems with Pokes in general as long as they can bring forth a logical grasp of football and its genealogy. We did nothing to cause trouble in our section, other than root for our team (loudly). We even sparked up some friendly chats @ half, but they didn't stick around too much longer than that. My general point of the post was directed to the OU fans who forsake their team of choice for the almighty $$$.

badger
11/30/2009, 12:05 AM
I have seen this a lot when I'm surrounded by opposing fans --- right after any good play by the opposing team or bad play by OU, the opposing fans, like to look defiantly in our direction just to see our reaction. It's like "hey, something just went wrong for you and I can only enjoy it if I can watch you suffer a little."

It's like this, Washington Husky fan, Oklahoma State fan, Cincy Bearcat fan, Miami Hurricane fan - you can stare at me during those few bad moments all you want, but I'm gonna stare right through you to the scoreboard. Oh look! OU's still ahead! :D

Oh, and if you stare at me too long, NP's gonna kick your arse ;)

JLEW1818
11/30/2009, 12:35 AM
I was in section 23... they said a few things.. the poke in front of me was with a Sooner girl.. he didn't say a word the entire game...

Piware
11/30/2009, 03:14 AM
Section 37 was very civilized and there were a lot of Poke fans sprinkled in.
They didn't stand up much and I did hear a couple of girls complaining about the noise. They left in the 3rd quarter so I think they had another agenda anyway. Most of the Agroids I came into contact with were so stunned they weren't even talking to each other.

Williesan
11/30/2009, 02:03 PM
I was at the top of section 19 w/ my brother, and we had about a dozen or so within view. One had an OSU cap on - the stickers were still on it and the bill of the cap hadn't been broken.

But the couple that were off to my left were classic:

Man: heavy set, wearing orange t-shirt, and denim bib overalls.
Woman: orange and black camo.

I kid you not. Here's the proof:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/soonerlovers1217/IMG_0097.jpg

Not even an "E" for effort in de-bunking any stereotypes.

After Broyles took it to the house, the Orange-clads were nowhere to be seen.

Williesan

Jello Biafra
11/30/2009, 02:07 PM
, I vociferously boo in your general direction. .

Gdamn i need to save a link to dictionary.com...

Jello Biafra
11/30/2009, 02:10 PM
I did enjoy myself and was treated cordially. The only incident is that somehow, I got mustard on the back of my shirt. .

that wasn't mustard...it was asian DNA...

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 02:11 PM

I did enjoy myself and was treated cordially. The only incident is that somehow, I got mustard on the back of my shirt. If it was intentional, the fool screwed up because a nice Sooner lady behind me got the brunt of it in her hair. The only other incident had nothing to do with OSU at all. A few younger fans were using profanity and some Sooner fans called them out, which I appreciated. It had been since 1997 that I visited OU for a OU-OSU game. I'll come back based on this very good treatment and I'll extend the same to any OU visitor next year in Stillwater.

We could have been nicer to you. If I were you...I'd never be back. :D ;)

Jello Biafra
11/30/2009, 02:20 PM
We could have been nicer to you. If I were you...I'd never be back. :D ;)

he was in section 230...how bad could it have really gotten for him? im guessing if he was 75 feet lower and about 300 feet to the north, he would have had a different opinion. ;P

boomermagic
11/30/2009, 02:27 PM
You know what bugged me the most about seeing all that orange in our stadium?

Realizing that nobody was out picking up all the trash along the interstate.

Good one !:D

UberSooner
11/30/2009, 07:36 PM
I have to say that having that many orange shirts there, with their little chests poked out, all glassy eyed at the prospect of beating us at home was priceless. I sit in the north EZ and there were lots o pukes. Loved . . . every . . . minute . . . of the second half anyway. Dejected once again. Pounded as God has ordained it to be. There will be no rivalry . . . evar. Thanks for playing.

GKeeper316
11/30/2009, 07:46 PM

glad to know pokes fans get treated infinately better in our house than we do in theirs...

only time i was ever spit on leaving a game was in stillwater... and state won ffs. isnt winning good enough? you have to compound the misery by spitting on someone?