PDA

View Full Version : Thank God I am a Sooner!

oupride
11/28/2009, 09:19 PM
When the Big 12 conference was originally formed in 1994, I was disappointed that OU and okie state were both placed into the South division. I believed since Bedlam has been known to divide friends and families, and it would be healthier to state's citizens if the two did not play each other. It brings a year long celebration for one and disappointed shame for the other.

After the Sooners appeared mortally wounded last week in Lubbock and this year's Cowboys offense is multi-talented and the defense is one of the best they've had in years, surely it spelled disaster for the Sooners.

Although expectations for the 2009 Sooners have been shattered with injuries and narrow defeats, the 2009 Pokes ended their season today in a strange and horrible way. And since it ended all talk of a BCS bowl berth for the pokes, I would say it could be called a nightmare.

Thank God I am a Sooner!

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2009, 09:22 PM
When the Big 12 conference was originally formed in 1994, I was disappointed that OU and okie state were both placed into the South division. I believed since OU-OSU has been known to divide friends and families, and it would be healthier to state's citizens if the two did not play each other. It brings a year long celebration for one and disappointed shame for the other.

After the Sooners appeared mortally wounded last week in Lubbock and this year's Cowboys offense is multi-talented and the defense is one of the best they've had in years, surely it spelled disaster for the Sooners.

Although expectations for the 2009 Sooners have been shattered with injuries and narrow defeats, the 2009 Pokes ended their season today in a strange and horrible way. And since it ended all talk of a BCS bowl berth for the pokes, I would say it could be called a nightmare.

Thank God I am a Sooner!

Well then stop believing yourself damn it!

delhalew
11/28/2009, 09:23 PM
yep

OUHOMER
11/28/2009, 09:36 PM
For my friends and relatives that like osu, well i just pet them on the head and say "isn't that cute" and go on down the road.

okiewaker
11/28/2009, 09:38 PM
Amen!!!!!

misplacedsooner
11/28/2009, 10:06 PM
boy am i gonna have a good time monday!!!! well really im already having a good time here in stillwater. the people are just snearing like we should of rolled over and let them win so they could go to the bcs and berate us all year.
working for the public schools i have a bedlam bet every year and put the cowboy faithful into sooner cloths for a day...every time they see me they must sing the praises of how great the sooners are and learn the history and recite it to me....fun stuff. ive had alot of the coaches kids in sooner gear over the years...for some reason gundys kid wouldnt ever take the bet. at least fedoras kid had some guts and some pride...he knew we were gonna kill them a couple years ago and still took the bet. oh, how i feel like a king in this town tonite!!!!

deweydw
11/28/2009, 10:21 PM
I believed since OU-OSU has been known to divide friends and families, and it would be healthier to state's citizens if the two did not play each other. It brings a year long celebration for one and disappointed shame for the other.

I know two that came together today. An Okie proposed to my niece at a tailgate before the game. She graduated from OU a couple years ago. This should make Bedlam more interesting. :pop:

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2009, 10:32 PM
I know two that came together today. An Okie proposed to my niece at a tailgate before the game. She graduated from OU a couple years ago. This should make OU-OSU more interesting. :pop:

Is that a pic of it in your avvie?

Just kidding. ;)

Wishboned
11/28/2009, 10:54 PM
All of my daughter's in-laws are OSU fans.

Thursday I told my 5 year old grandson that as soon as he got to their house for Thanksgiving he needed to say Boomer Sooner!!!

He did. They told him he couldn't say that anymore, so he continued for the next hour.

I'm so proud of him.