PDA

View Full Version : You know the beat-down is bad when...

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 08:13 PM
... Poke fans are not even complaining about their treatment by Sooner fans at the game.

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2009, 08:14 PM
Why should they? It's not a rivalry game.. it's just an annual annoance game.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, and reality has what to do with Poke fan forums?

yermom
11/28/2009, 08:16 PM
i did kinda feel bad for the poor aggie girl sitting next to me covering her ears when we were on defense

ok, not really :D

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2009, 08:17 PM
Hmmmm.. how do you spell annoanyce?

yermom
11/28/2009, 08:23 PM
annoyance

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 08:25 PM
... that no one is even bothering to post a "perspective" post, where prayers are doled out to some poor bastard involved in a violent accident or suffering from a terminal disease.

instigator
11/28/2009, 08:26 PM
i did kinda feel bad for the poor aggie girl sitting next to me covering her ears when we were on defense

ok, not really :D

I bet her Sooner boyfriend gets to win tonight too. :texan:

SoonerBacker
11/28/2009, 08:38 PM
And now almost all of them want Gumby FIRED!

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 08:41 PM
No, they want Gundy to hire an OC, because as you know the reason for any loss in football is the playcalling. If only Gundy had called the right plays...

SoonerBacker
11/28/2009, 08:49 PM
True, there are a lot calling for him to hire an OC, but there were numerous calls for him to be fired, as well.

(EX:Can I say anything I want???? Gundy is a spineless c*nt who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paperbag. There is no way he can look his defensive players in the face after this offensive effort. The chance to win was there, but our overpaid schmuck of a head coach decided not to try. I'd understand it if they had all stars everywhere, but they are down to their 4th stringers everywhere. This was a horrendous display of football. Where is your pride to break the shutout? Gundy is a joke of a coach, and would be better off as a coordinator somewhere in the WAC. To coach in the big 12 you need to have balls. )

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2009, 09:07 PM
True, there are a lot calling for him to hire an OC, but there were numerous calls for him to be fired, as well.

(EX:Can I say anything I want???? Gundy is a spineless c*nt who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paperbag. There is no way he can look his defensive players in the face after this offensive effort. The chance to win was there, but our overpaid schmuck of a head coach decided not to try. I'd understand it if they had all stars everywhere, but they are down to their 4th stringers everywhere. This was a horrendous display of football. Where is your pride to break the shutout? Gundy is a joke of a coach, and would be better off as a coordinator somewhere in the WAC. To coach in the big 12 you need to have balls. )

Just read that one myself. They are doing a Chernobyl but then who wouldn't after 27-0 and no BCS Soup for you OSU!

walkoffsooner
11/28/2009, 09:07 PM
They can have our oc

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 09:13 PM
No, they need to stay away from KW.

Piware
11/29/2009, 02:46 AM
Everything about this bunch of ****** bags is offensive. Why do they need somebody to coordinate it?

Just saw Gumby's post game and he said he has felt worse as the HC. Wow,
there are a whole bunch of Puke fans that may disagree.

sooner59
11/29/2009, 03:33 AM
Lets see......around me I heard one poke screaming that Murray stepped out at the six on his leaping TD. After that he mentioned something about tearing out Gundy's ovaries. It was classic.

Jacie
11/29/2009, 10:22 AM
No, they want Gundy to hire an OC, because as you know the reason for any loss in football is the playcalling. If only Gundy had called the right plays...

Looking at the sign:

So the play is one of yellow G, S-6, 0-3, green M, some symbol, or 12?

Funky G
11/29/2009, 10:53 AM
Most of the "treatment by fans" posts are lies and exaggerations. Frustrated Pokes grabbing at something to whine about..

bringit
11/29/2009, 11:17 AM
and what has Robert Allen said about this little bump in the road? :D

aero
11/29/2009, 11:29 AM
Despite his rantings and false bravado, Gundy knows the reality that he is OU's bitch and is more than obliging to bend over when told to do so. Miles was too inept to follow orders, therefore the occasional victory.

MyT Oklahoma
11/29/2009, 12:42 PM
annoyance

Thank you.

But seriously.. does anyone really consider OSU to be a rival or just an annual annoyance? I vote for annual annoyance but then I don't live in Oklahoma so I don't have to put up with them on a daily basis. :D

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 12:59 PM
Except for the "overrated" chant, which is to be expected, I didn't see any Sooner fan say a rude word to them. Not one "Go home, You Suck, Orange Makes Me Hurl"...nothing. I was sorely disappointed. :P

DenverSooner751
11/29/2009, 01:12 PM
Except for the "overrated" chant, which is to be expected, I didn't see any Sooner fan say a rude word to them. Not one "Go home, You Suck, Orange Makes Me Hurl"...nothing. I was sorely disappointed. :P

I'm all for good sportsmanship but that is an absolute tragedy.......not even one drunk idiot fan saying something stupid?

I Am Right
11/29/2009, 01:16 PM
and what has Robert Allen said about this little bump in the road? :D

Blobbart was last seen gnawing on his microphone

StoopTroup
11/29/2009, 01:21 PM
I'm all for good sportsmanship but that is an absolute tragedy.......not even one hardcore fan saying something that needed to be said?

fixed

starrca23
11/29/2009, 01:42 PM
I have always maintained that it is like a varisty v. jv scrimmage. It is the biggest game of the year for the jv squad and doesn't mean much to varsity unless they lose.

insuranceman_22
11/29/2009, 01:46 PM
Hmmmm.. how do you spell annoanyce?

OSU

EstablishedSooner1967
11/29/2009, 02:23 PM
Funny thing you say that... Robert Allen said, on the radio that the treatment of osu where the reason 3000 tickets got returned. Whats his excuse now?

sooner59
11/29/2009, 03:22 PM
The reason that 3000 tickets were returned is because they knew what was going to happen. They just don't have a lot of traveling fans like us. When they do, they get taken down a notch. I always hear stories of OU fans being treated like crap and being hit with flying objects and cussed at when the game is at stoolwater. Do we turn back 3000 tickets? I think not.

westcoast_sooner
11/29/2009, 03:28 PM
You know the beat-down is bad when the "Best Offense in the Country" is SHUT-OUT!!!!

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 03:31 PM
Funny thing you say that... Robert Allen said, on the radio that the treatment of osu where the reason 3000 tickets got returned. Whats his excuse now?I'm sure he'll think of something.
I'm all for good sportsmanship but that is an absolute tragedy.......not even one drunk idiot fan saying something stupid?Not that I saw. :(

MyT Oklahoma
11/29/2009, 06:07 PM
OSU

Noted.. duly noted.

DenverSooner751
11/29/2009, 06:46 PM
I know this has been discussed here in the past.....many times...about how we were treated here or there.....especially in New Orleans in 2003.

While I don't condone the poor treatment of visitors in any stadium, some...SOME... of this is what makes College Football what it is.

Oh, and Allen is a tool. (I know, stating the obvious)

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2009, 08:24 PM
Funny thing you say that... Robert Allen said, on the radio that the treatment of osu where the reason 3000 tickets got returned.

Huh?

I Am Right
11/29/2009, 08:27 PM
... Poke fans are not even complaining about their treatment by Sooner fans at the game.

Yes they are, go to orangepower.com-thread "Thread to vent". I guess someone poured beer on their head when they were leaving the game. If I had only known you could bring beer to the game!

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2009, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a nice "story."

SoonerPr8r
11/29/2009, 10:45 PM

I guess you didn't sit by me then. I wasn't even drunk but i am sure the few pokes sitting behind me thought I was after the obscenities being hurled at their players/coach/fans/"school". The worst thing was during halftime us in the student section were making fun on the poke baton twirler. Every time she dropped a baton the entire section would just go "oooohhhh" after a while we could tell she heard us and was paying attention.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2009, 12:18 AM
C'mon, let's not act like jackasses.

MrJimBeam
11/30/2009, 06:06 AM
The worst thing was during halftime us in the student section were making fun on the poke baton twirler. Every time she dropped a baton the entire section would just go "oooohhhh" after a while we could tell she heard us and was paying attention.

Heh:D