PDA

View Full Version : I hate Timmy....

ratherthanlater
11/28/2009, 06:22 PM
Trying to end his career in the swamp with that selfish ****e. Neg me, call me a hater, slap my momma, I don't care. I hope he dies in a ****ing fire while drowning and choking on a satanic bible. Thank the Lord he only has 2 more games.

the_edge
11/28/2009, 06:25 PM
Go 'Bama. Oh, and go 'Huskers.

Petro-Sooner
11/28/2009, 06:25 PM
If I"m a linebacker in the NFL I'm salivating at the thought of taking him out.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 06:27 PM
You took it further than I would, BUT I ain't gonna miss his @ss.

OUHOMER
11/28/2009, 06:42 PM
You took it further than I would, BUT I ain't gonna miss his @ss.

Yep, a little far for me, but not enough for me to neg him

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2009, 06:43 PM
The gators messed up Tebow's grand exit big time. Players were milling around due to a penalty and the crowd was too stupid to realize what was going on - it was dead quiet.

the_ouskull
11/28/2009, 06:44 PM
Trying to end his career in the swamp with that selfish ****e.

What happened?

the_ouskull

Scott D
11/28/2009, 06:46 PM
I missed whatever it was, but I think he just circumcised his QB coach's son on the sideline while the Noles had the ball.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/28/2009, 07:00 PM
i dont like him as a player because hes a bit overhyped by espn and its annoying how he keeps winning but that seems a bit far, seems like a genuine guy, i hope he loses this week against bama but i wish him no ill will

Scott D
11/28/2009, 07:11 PM
I'm sure he's genuine...when he doesn't have a 130x53 yard patch of green grass anywhere near him with white lines painted on it.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 07:13 PM
I'm sure he's genuine...when he doesn't have a 130x53 yard patch of green grass anywhere near him with white lines painted on it.

That's funny.

Zbird
11/28/2009, 08:58 PM
I missed whatever it was, but I think he just circumcised his QB coach's son on the sideline while the Noles had the ball.

With his bare teeth?

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2009, 09:02 PM
With his bare teeth?

That be some classic sh!t right there brutha man!

11/28/2009, 09:16 PM
I'm just sick of hearing his name. I realize if he were a Sooner, I'd love every minute of it, though. I'm just ready for him to be out of the media.

SoonerLB
11/28/2009, 09:17 PM
He can't fade into obscurity fast enough for me, wish he were already there!
I can see into the future though, and it looks as if he has a promising career in sales ahead of him. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/Tebowinthealley.jpg

delhalew
11/28/2009, 09:21 PM
hehe

MamaMia
11/28/2009, 11:10 PM
Trying to end his career in the swamp with that selfish ****e. Neg me, call me a hater, slap my momma, I don't care. I hope he dies in a ****ing fire while drowning and choking on a satanic bible. Thank the Lord he only has 2 more games.I think I read somewhere that the littlest angel will take some key away from him. :confused:

OKC-SLC
11/29/2009, 12:25 AM
I think he's a bit over the top. As an example, today when asked after the game what it'd be like to take his final victory lap around the field, he remarked how he wanted to give something back to the fans. Like his mere walking by the wall and high fiving fans was giving something back to them as some kind of huge favor. Despite what he and ESPN think, he isn't actually the Son of God.

Petro-Sooner
11/29/2009, 12:34 AM
I stand by what I say!!!

SoonerLB
11/30/2009, 10:56 AM
May those heathens from Alabama knock his azz out! And his team too!

Snyder Cyclone
11/30/2009, 11:04 AM
actually, the playing surface is 120 yds. by 53 1/3 yds.

yermom
11/30/2009, 11:06 AM
so what did he do?

n8v_ndn
11/30/2009, 11:12 AM
How many baptisms did he perform during timeouts?

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 11:15 AM
Those watches made in the Philippines?

boomermagic
11/30/2009, 02:18 PM
May those heathens from Alabama knock his azz out! And his team too!

Amen bro !

goingoneight
11/30/2009, 03:00 PM
No one has said what he did yet.

SoonerLB
11/30/2009, 03:12 PM
Those watches made in the Philippines?

Why yes, they are, and if you ask real nice, Timmy will include one of his hand made "special" watchbands. ;) And he'll bless it too! :)

SoonerMavrick25
11/30/2009, 03:29 PM
Hate the hype, hate the kid..... Can't hate what he has done as a player....
Derek Jeter of college football.

Q22
11/30/2009, 03:59 PM
I would also like to know what happened. I turned the game off pretty darned early.

G8trGr8t
11/30/2009, 05:32 PM
The OP may be referring to the jump pass they tried to call for his final TD in the Swamp. Kind of his signature play and for whatever reason, he seemed to want to employ it as his final play there. His exposure has been overdone, not his fault, but the level of hatred expressed against a good kid trying real hard to do everything right with a lot of eyes and pressure on him for the last four years is out of control.

If he wasn't genuine, you can bet your sweet arse the pictures or the stories would already be out there. There have been numerous instances where women tried to flash temselves while having a pic taken with him just to they could make a quick buck off the picture. I can't imagine the number of other temptations that have been thrown at his feet.

All you haters personally attacking a kid that you would probably be honored to have marry your daughter make me realize that every fan base has their fair share of idiots and Okalhoma certainly isn't immune.

Must suck to be so petty and jealous of a 21 year old kid that you have to spew such hatred. Hope your life gets better.

KantoSooner
11/30/2009, 05:41 PM
I'm betting no one on this board has ever met St. Tim and thus has little, if any, personal knowledge of him. Other, of course, than watching the sadly limited coverage he has enjoyed over the past three seasons or so. I mean, really, can there be too much Timmy?

So, here's hoping that the Tebow we have seen on tv is actually not the real guy and that he far more 'depthy' and non-self-absorbed.

I'm not holding my breath.

yankee
11/30/2009, 05:46 PM
Hate the hype, hate the kid..... Can't hate what he has done as a player....
Derek Jeter of college football.

not quite.

don't see any plaques outside of the new yankee stadium with any of jeter's speeches on them.

TUSooner
11/30/2009, 05:47 PM
The OP may be referring to the jump pass they tried to call for his final TD in the Swamp. Kind of his signature play and for whatever reason, he seemed to want to employ it as his final play there. His exposure has been overdone, not his fault, but the level of hatred expressed against a good kid trying real hard to do everything right with a lot of eyes and pressure on him for the last four years is out of control.

If he wasn't genuine, you can bet your sweet arse the pictures or the stories would already be out there. There have been numerous instances where women tried to flash temselves while having a pic taken with him just to they could make a quick buck off the picture. I can't imagine the number of other temptations that have been thrown at his feet.

All you haters personally attacking a kid that you would probably be honored to have marry your daughter make me realize that every fan base has their fair share of idiots and Okalhoma certainly isn't immune. [Most of the haters are not old enough to have children; and they're eventually going to have to find a partner of the oppioste sex to do it.]

Must suck to be so petty and jealous of a 21 year old kid that you have to spew such hatred. Hope your life gets better.

I've taken a few lame shots a "St Timmah" myself, mostly just out of frustration and aggravation. The guy seems exceptionally genuine and kind. It's not his fault if the media goes gaga. They really DON'T see a guy like that every day in college athleteics, and decent media folks probably relish having someone good to praise for a change.

In a cynical world, good people are drawn to a person with no hidden agenda and no fear of being himself. So what if he is overflowing with enough virtue to trigger the gag reflex of a hippopotamus! Is that bad in a cynical world oozing with thugs, hotdogs, and trash-talkers? (Ask Kiffin at Tennessee who he'd rather have.) I know we'd love to have had the guy as a Sooner, and every Sooner fan should admit it. Tim is OK. I hope the Saints draft him.

G8trGr8t
11/30/2009, 05:51 PM
The guy takes his spare time in the off season to go on missions in third world countries and to speak to prisoners at some pretty hard core institutions. He could be lounging at the beach with a bevy of honies and a coller full of cold ones. He doesn't do it for the press, he does it because he thinks that is how he can help people. How can you hate somebody like that so much?

Fraggle145
11/30/2009, 05:53 PM
I've taken a few lame shots a "St Timmah" myself, mostly just out of frustration and aggravation. The guy seems exceptionally genuine and kind. It's not his fault if the media goes gaga. They really DON'T see a guy like that every day in college athleteics, and decent media folks probably relish having someone good to praise for a change.

In a cynical world, good people are drawn to a person with no hidden agenda and no fear of being himself. So what if he is overflowing with enough virtue to trigger the gag reflex of a hippopotamus! Is that bad in a cynical world oozing with thugs, hotdogs, and trash-talkers? (Ask Kiffin at Tennessee who he'd rather have.) I know we'd love to have had the guy as a Sooner, and every Sooner fan should admit it. Tim is OK. I hope the Saints draft him.

Tebow is a great player. I still dont think he is the BEST EVAR!!1!

I hope he gets drafted by the Lions.

Fraggle145
11/30/2009, 05:55 PM
The guy takes his spare time in the off season to go on missions in third world countries and to speak to prisoners at some pretty hard core institutions. He could be lounging at the beach with a bevy of honies and a coller full of cold ones. He doesn't do it for the press, he does it because he thinks that is how he can help people. How can you hate somebody like that so much?

McCoy, Bradford, and tons of other football players (hell just about the entire BYU football team) do tons of stuff in their community, but they dont have to broadcast it from the roof tops while shouting "LOOK AT ME!! AREN'T I SO GOOD AND AWESOME" to feel good about it.

Jboozer
11/30/2009, 06:14 PM
Im not gunna knock on timmy, but I am boiling-over-the-top excited to never hear about him again! he was a GOOD player, but certainly not the greatest ever. People forget that he has probably had the best talent around him during his time in the swamp. Simply put. He has done more, with more.

kevpks
11/30/2009, 06:21 PM

Anyone who puts Bible quotes on their eye black is doing it for attention, especially when they routinely change the quote to give the announcers something to talk about. In the FSU game, I saw Tebow run twenty yards down the field with an opponent's facemask in his hand, lose a fumble, and all the announcers could do is read the Bible passage from his eye black. He is like a Bible Network version of Ocho Cinco.

47straight
11/30/2009, 06:38 PM

Must suck to be so petty with such low-self esteem that you have to come on to another fanbase's forum and feel like you have to defend the honor of a guy you've never met, have no actual relationship with, and will be rich and successful enough to never care. That's because you have to live vicariously through that guy. Hope your life gets better.

ratherthanlater
11/30/2009, 08:40 PM
The OP may be referring to the jump pass they tried to call for his final TD in the Swamp. Kind of his signature play and for whatever reason, he seemed to want to employ it as his final play there.

That is the play I was referring to. "he seemed to want to employ it as his final play there" should read, tried to show boat on his final play there and then ran up to a ref and cried like a bitch when it didn't work out for him.

Tim Tebow is a holier than thou, show-boating, selfish bitch who does the things he does to get attention, not for the Lord, but to shine the spot light on himself. If he were a Sooner I would say the same things. I hate people that feel the need to let the world know how "great" they are. I also hate ignorant swamp trash that come to OUr board and tell us about how great Timmy is. Have a nice day.

ps. Stop breathing.:gary:

PLaw
11/30/2009, 08:52 PM
If I"m a linebacker in the NFL I'm salivating at the thought of taking him out.

Petro - if you're a NFL LB, then you may be playing alongside him, not against him.

Seriously, does anyone think he has an NFL arm? He will wind up at FB, TE, or maybe LB.

Widescreen
11/30/2009, 09:02 PM
http://www.zuzu.net/store/photos/p-wl-05.jpg

Teacher says, every time Tim Tebow scores, an angel gets its wings.

bonkuba
11/30/2009, 09:45 PM
Glad when he is gone.......sick of his stupid antics. Hoping he dies may be a little much......just barely. F him......who cares.

Scott D
11/30/2009, 10:10 PM
hoping anyone dies with the exception of osama bin laden, or the puppet in charge of iran is a bit excessive.

G8trGr8t
11/30/2009, 10:17 PM
You stay classy sooners. You got your arse handed to you in Miami last year and you are still crying like a bunch of little teenage girls. Tebow has more class and maturity than all the posters in this thread combined and you only dream that you had somebody like him for your loser team the last 4 years. Maybe you might be able to win a championship if you had a real leader who could carry a team when he had to. Tebow doesn't call the camera guys to come watch him, they go to him through no fault of his own but you bunch of ignorant biatches seem to be just too damn stupid to fathom that concept. His father is a minister and he was raised in a very religious family and the bible verse is his way of trying to show and spread his faith. Nobody said others don't do good works but nobody is trying to trash them and their good works like you bunch of losers are. I'm done here. If we have to play again, I'll come back and rag you for losing again. Came in peace and stayed for a lot longer than most thought but the level of stupidity and jealousy is too much so go to your emerald nut bowl this year and cheer for Bama and Texas and get your heart broken by the best damn college team to come down the pike in a lot of years. Go Gators.

Scott D
11/30/2009, 10:25 PM
I'm going to put this in simple terms.

I don't have a problem with Timothy himself. I have a problem with the way the media fellates Timothy.

I think that the way he acts on the field and the way he acts off the field are two vastly different areas. I also think that at least 30% of the on the field/sideline stuff is an act.

Quite honestly G8tr, if you have a problem with anyone and how they perceive Timothy, you should really direct your dislike the same way I do and that's to the pathetic choads that comprise the media be it sports media or standard media.

soonerborn30
12/1/2009, 12:11 AM
I think he's a giant, flaming, self-aggrandizing doosh bag. "hey, look at me, this Filipino kid doesn't have a foreskin anymore. Because of ME! Praise the LORD!"

I can't wait till they find the dead hooker and bag of coke in his closet. That is going to be such a sweet "I told you so" moment.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/1/2009, 01:08 AM
You stay classy sooners. You got your arse handed to you in Miami last year and you are still crying like a bunch of little teenage girls. Tebow has more class and maturity than all the posters in this thread combined and you only dream that you had somebody like him for your loser team the last 4 years.

OK, I lurk a lot and post a little, but I just have to say a few things here.

First, if you want to talk class, look this up, ok? Which QB, Saint Timmy or Sammy, has been penalized for taunting?

When you come back with your answer, you will understand why I and multitudes of other Sooner fans would take Sam's version of class and maturity over Tebow's 365, 24/7.

Maybe you might be able to win a championship if you had a real leader who could carry a team when he had to. Tebow doesn't call the camera guys to come watch him, they go to him through no fault of his own

oh sure, they just butt in on his activities with no permission, cause by gosh they don't need it! He has absolutely no say in the matter, just like you wouldn't if a bunch of camera persons wanted to follow you into your church, or your school. The school or church would have absolutely NO authority to tell them to get off their private property! Poor helpless media victim Timmy! Those ... sharks!

His father is a minister and he was raised in a very religious family and the bible verse is his way of trying to show and spread his faith.

Um, okay, so if you put the Bible verse on your face it makes you so holy that it's okay to defend a dirty play like eye gouging because everyone else was doing it? (http://www.tebowseyeblack.com/2009/11/brandon-spikes-suspend-for-first-half.html)

Came in peace Only until we started pointing out the emperor's decided lack of garments.

ETA: OMG, just realized this was my 6 hundredth, 66th post! Flaming the Saint! Must go see if there is lightning striking over San Diego tonight! :D :eek:

PDXsooner
12/1/2009, 02:36 AM
tebow is annoying, but if he played for OU you couldn't keep knee pads in stock for our fanbase...

PDXsooner
12/1/2009, 02:44 AM
You stay classy sooners. You got your arse handed to you in Miami last year and you are still crying like a bunch of little teenage girls. Tebow has more class and maturity than all the posters in this thread combined and you only dream that you had somebody like him for your loser team the last 4 years. Maybe you might be able to win a championship if you had a real leader who could carry a team when he had to. Tebow doesn't call the camera guys to come watch him, they go to him through no fault of his own but you bunch of ignorant biatches seem to be just too damn stupid to fathom that concept. His father is a minister and he was raised in a very religious family and the bible verse is his way of trying to show and spread his faith. Nobody said others don't do good works but nobody is trying to trash them and their good works like you bunch of losers are. I'm done here. If we have to play again, I'll come back and rag you for losing again. Came in peace and stayed for a lot longer than most thought but the level of stupidity and jealousy is too much so go to your emerald nut bowl this year and cheer for Bama and Texas and get your heart broken by the best damn college team to come down the pike in a lot of years. Go Gators.

dude, try to mix in a new paragraph every once in a while. my retarded dyslexic neighbor writes more legibly.

congrats on your current run, but remember -- we are OU and we realize college football graveyards are littered with the remains of programs that die after 5, 10, and yes, 15-year runs (see florida state).

you got lucky last year after we couldn't punch it in from inside the 5 twice, and then jesus woke up from saving starving children and realized tebow needed some help and granted him that pick in the 4th quarter when we had the momentum. but even god only has 4 years of eligibility, so we'll see how good you are post-omnipotence...

Sooner in Tampa
12/1/2009, 07:13 AM
G8trGr8t you are like so many UF fans that I am surrounded by...you would suck St. Timmah's dick if he wipped it out. Seriously...I have never seen a fan base so ate up with ONE player my entire life.
I would never wish for ones demise, but I CANNOT wait until the time comes that I can actually watch a UF game on CBS and it is not shot after shot of St. Timmah walking around on the sidelines with his headset on...or his stupid "fire up the team" tirades. His schtick is OLD and TIRED. This yr's UF team is not great because your beloved saint...it's because of the DEFENSE dummy. St. Timmah has been AVERAGE all year long!!! IF, he goes to the Heisman ceremony, it's out of courtesy...he needs to take the one he has, put it on the mantle and prepare for a life of selling ladies shoes while he tells everyone how great of a QB he was in the land of the swamptrash.
His football career has EXACTLY two more games...then it will be off to Bolivia with Mike Tyson for St. Timmah!!!

Sooner in Tampa
12/1/2009, 07:15 AM
AND one other point for UF fans...QUIT ACTING LIKE YOUR A BLUE BLOOD PROGRAM!!!!! Your sorry asses have only been good for about 15 yrs...you are the babes on the block...come see us when you have an established record...or a dynasty!!!

Now...**** off dip****

King Barry's Back
12/1/2009, 07:56 AM

If he did that stuff privately, I'd say, great, probably means what he does. When he gets the press (and I honestly can not think of any gentler way to describe this) going down on him for every tiny gesture he makes, I'm sorry, I can't stand the media coverage and I can't help but doubt Tebow's sincerety.

Real world example. About five seasons ago, a couple of Sooners were driving to Norman on the interstate. They witnessed a car crash. They pulled over, ran to the crash site. What they found was a family trapped in a burning van. They helped the family escape -- saving all their lives in the process. (This is documented, and others on this board will be able to fill in the details.)

The Oklahoma City press ate it up. Where was the national press? This was not a couple of guys going on tour to give inspirational speeches in front of cameras, someone who is going to clearly gain adulation from the masses for his "selfless" act. This was two people who found a bad situation, tried to make it better, and actually saved innocent people's lives.

I am sorry. I am highly skeptical of anyone who decides the best way to help people is to draw the limelight to themselves.

Another example. Who does more to "help people"? The celebrity that shows up for 15 minutes at a fundraising event to draw publicity? Or the dozens of unknowns who worked for months to organise the fundraiser? Or the donors, themselves? Or how about the folks out in the field delivering the goods purchased through the funds raised by the events?

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I don't have that much respect for the celebrity, though the celebrities are generally the first to get credit and thanks.

In this example, I see Tebow as the celebrity.

Maybe I am wrong, but that's just how I see it. Tebow's idea to give back to the fans is to shake their hands and make them feel special for being in his presence? Puh-leeze.

King Barry's Back
12/1/2009, 08:18 AM
ESPN column on St Timmah and how great he is. If, when reading this column, you can't see what is wrong with the Tebow phenomenon, then I am not sure I can help you. My problem with Tebow is the open worship of him as something above and beyond a merely mortal human -- and a celebrity at that, who will soon disappear from view.

The 'most impactful' player in history? Are you kidding me? What Pat Forde means is the most impactful in my recent memory.

Generosity of spirit separates Tebow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Pat Forde, ESPN.com

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- As the most impactful player in college football history made his way around the edge of Florida Field for the last time, the poignancy of the moment was etched on thousands of faces.

Tim Tebow does a lap after each game to thank the fans who support him and the Gators.

The little girl in tears, saying, "Timmy, I love you." She got a hug. The little boy with special needs who comes to practices, he got a hug, too. Women from 12 to 60 screamed with delight after he touched their hands (some of the younger ones simply burst out crying). Men shouted their thanks. Some rubbed his head, some smacked his shoulder pads. Thousands of fans of all ages and colors paid tribute by mimicking his trademark eye black -- the wife and daughters of the head coach among them.

There were even a few seconds of slapstick, when he accidentally stepped on the ankle of a Florida cheerleader and sent her sprawling to the turf. She got a helping hand up from No. 15 and an apologetic embrace -- and a story to tell for decades to come.

As usual, so many people wanted something from Tim Tebow. As usual, he enthusiastically gave it.

He gave them the customary heroic performance during the game: 221 yards passing and three touchdowns; 90 yards rushing and two more scores. Once again, he was the driving force in a dominant Florida victory over its fading rival, Florida State, 37-10.

Then he gave them more when it was over, as his traditional postgame lap to commune with the fans turned into an eight-minute lovefest of startling intensity. Emotion fermenting for four years turned into a vintage outpouring. The record crowd of 90,907 wasn't leaving before throwing a goodbye party fit for a folk hero.

We can vigorously debate Tebow's place in college football history as a player. What's not up for debate is his unparalleled ability to provoke the deepest of feelings in fans of the sport.

He said afterward that he wants the fans to remember him for "how much I cared." The fact is, fans have never cared so much about a player before.

"I've never seen anything like it," Florida coach Urban Meyer said. "… He's made unselfish kind of a cool thing."

Tebow shared an emotional moment with coach Urban Meyer before the game.

None of us has seen anything like it. What makes Tebow unique in the 140-year history of this game is not just his unquenchable spirit. It's his generosity of spirit.

The numbers and awards are all impressive and voluminous, but they're not what have made the quarterback a historic figure in Florida and beyond. That's due to the winning attributes, the leadership qualities, the endless acts of charity performed off the field, the ability to graciously lead a heavily scrutinized life.

You just don't find all those things in a single college-aged package.

Tebow long ago entered another dimension of stardom, as his impact went viral. He is the most polarizing college athlete ever, by a wide margin, engendering the deepest of feelings across the culture.

The cynical and envious rip him -- and rip the media for saying nice things about him, claiming that he is overhyped. (They'll say that very thing about this column, I'm quite sure.) Some roll their eyes at his unapologetically public Christianity -- worn on his sleeve and under his eyes -- despite the authenticity that underlies it in word and deed.

It has become an unfortunate aspect of our Hater Nation mentality that many of us cannot stand too much of a good thing.

But the Tebow lovers are numerous and ardent as well. And Saturday was their day to be seen and heard.

Tebow was swarmed by fans during his final Gator Walk.

Two hours prior to kickoff, the fans were lined up 20 deep to see Tebow make his final Gator Walk into the stadium. He walked through them in suit and tie, surrounded by law enforcement, keeping his emotions under control.

He was fine most of the day leading up to the 3:30 kickoff, though he conceded that the day seemed to be moving "in slow motion." Finally, when it was time for Senior Day festivities and the oldest Gators ran out onto the field to see their head coach and their families, Tebow lost it.

"[No.] 15 broke down pretty good when he came through that tunnel," Meyer said.

Then he broke down the Seminoles, having a hand in all five Florida touchdowns. He completed 10 straight passes at one point, and threw just four incompletions all day. He ran with power and with speed -- though not without error, fumbling at the end of a 47-yard gallop when he became preoccupied with an extended stiff-arming of a Florida State tackler.

As darkness fell in the fourth quarter and the Gators moved into the closed end of the stadium on their final scoring drive, a spontaneous electrical storm erupted in the stands. Thousands of flashbulbs popped, play after play, as fans sought to preserve for posterity Tebow's final plays in The Swamp.

He wanted his last touchdown here to be a jump pass to tight end Aaron Hernandez -- in fact, he called the play himself, giving a jumping signal to the sidelines to get his point across. Then the play was blown up when Hernandez was tackled coming off the line of scrimmage. After that it was up to Tebow to run it in one more time, pushing his SEC-record total of rushing touchdowns to 56.

Tebow extended his SEC-best rushing TDs mark on Saturday.

Shortly thereafter Tebow went to the bench for the rest of the game. He has some hugely important football still to play, most immediately and importantly the SEC championship game against fellow unbeaten Alabama.

But before moving ahead to the Crimson Tide, the last lap afforded a chance to look back and give back.

Tebow has been making the lap ever since he arrived in Gainesville, and he's always exhorted his teammates to do the same in gratitude to the fans. Sometimes they joined him in great number, sometimes they didn't. Saturday, he had a full complement of fellow Gators making the victory lap with him.

"All the seniors I talked to wanted to do it," he said with some satisfaction. "They wanted to stay and embrace that moment."

The moment kept on going, as Tebow slowly circled the field. The roars from the fans kept on coming. Nobody wanted it to end, and with good reason.

We all knew that we'll never see another player like this again.

Pat Forde is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

TUSooner
12/1/2009, 08:26 AM
Remember. Tim is only 22 years old and has had a life that, if not "sheltered," has been carefully "channelled." He may be naive, and the media no doubt treat him as a darling, overdoing the praise and exaltation. But I think it's just too cynical to charge him with hypocrisy. His 15 minutes will soon be over, and we'll see how he holds up in the cold, cruel world. Meanwhile, we'll be back to hearing about the "student athletes" who are robbers, shoplifters, and drunk drivers, then maybe the cynics will be happy again.

olevetonahill
12/1/2009, 08:34 AM
Remember. Tim is only 22 years old and has had a life that, if not "sheltered," has been carefully "channelled." He may be naive, and the media no doubt treat him as a darling, overdoing the paise and exaltation. But I think it's just too cynical to charge him with hypocrisy. His 15 minutes will soon be over, and we'll see how he holds up in the cold, cruel world. Meanwhile, we'll be back to hearing about the "student athletes" who are robbers, shoplifters, and drunk drivers, then maybe the cynics will be happy again.

Ya Know Bro sometimes you Make sense :cool:

SoonerMavrick25
12/1/2009, 08:53 AM
not quite.

don't see any plaques outside of the new yankee stadium with any of jeter's speeches on them.

Really?? shucks.

I guess you're right the two have nothing in common.....

beer4me
12/1/2009, 09:01 AM

Just so you know, my hate for him came long before OU and gaytors played for the NC.

You beating us with tebus has no bearing on why I like or dislike him

SoonerLB
12/1/2009, 10:48 AM
I think he's a giant, flaming, self-aggrandizing doosh bag. "hey, look at me, this Filipino kid doesn't have a foreskin anymore. Because of ME! Praise the LORD!"

I can't wait till they find the dead hooker and bag of coke in his closet. That is going to be such a sweet "I told you so" moment.

That might be a little harsh, 'cause I'm guessin' the closet will prolly more likely have a blow up doll and a pack of Swisher Sweets stashed in it. Just sayin' .............. ;)

And it's 50/50 on the sex of the blow up doll, so bet accordingly. :)

47straight
12/1/2009, 12:29 PM

Complete and utter bull. There is no way you will have the gumption to stay away. In fact, I want you to know that by reading my very words right now, you are the biggest hypocrite seen around these parts in a long, long time.

We're crying? You won and still your self esteem is so low that you have to come to another team's fan forum and defend the man you live vicariously through. That is sad. So, so sad.

You might not be able to respond, though, because you openly dissed Sam Bradford:

Maybe you might be able to win a championship if you had a real leader who could carry a team when he had to.

Idiot posters from other teams who come on SF and insult OU players get the bane hammer pretty quick.

Buh-bye, little boy.

eyeballjr
12/1/2009, 12:40 PM
G8trGr8t probably doesn't have time to post here everyday guys, give him a break. There are 118 other fans bases that he needs to defend St. Tebow's honor. Not just us Sooners hate him remember that