PDA

View Full Version : FEARLESS PREDICTIONS

GottaHavePride
11/28/2009, 05:06 PM
Does it bug anyone else that when Fox Sports does their "FEARLESS PREDICTION" crap, all they do is point out a standout player on each team and say "this guy is awesome! He's on his 42nd consecutive start!"

THAT'S NOT A GODDAMN PREDICTION.

SPuL
11/28/2009, 06:15 PM
Not alone man. I was thinking the same exact thing. I was waiting for a prediction and was like "uhhhhhhhh....."

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2009, 06:17 PM
Does it bug anyone else that when Fox Sports does their "FEARLESS PREDICTION" crap, all they do is point out a standout player on each team and say "this guy is awesome! He's on his 42nd consecutive start!"

THAT'S NOT A GODDAMN PREDICTION.

On their bedlam special Friday they all picked OU. It was scary. Even PPPPPat picked us. FSN really is lame. I've seen and been part of UHF channels that do better.

SokClari
11/28/2009, 07:48 PM
I've been saying this all season! I just thought maybe my vocabulary was a little off and prediction meant something else..

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2009, 08:49 PM
99 percent of their broadcasts are crap...

LRoss
11/28/2009, 09:18 PM
That's how come it can be fearless.

See?

jkjsooner
11/28/2009, 09:29 PM
I hate everything about FSN's broadcasts. I hate the stupid sideline guy who rides the Schooner every single home game and acts like he's never done it before. (In his defense I don't think he did it today.) I hate that they show every clown wearing freak they can find over and over again.

Classy networks try to give the audience a view into the gameday experience. Showing the same obnoxious freaks over and over (game after game) in face paint is not the game day experience. It's just lazy camera work.

Petro-Sooner
11/28/2009, 09:30 PM
I hate everything about FSN's broadcasts. I hate the stupid sideline guy who rides the Schooner every single home game and acts like he's never done it before. (In his defense I don't think he did it today.) I hate that they show every clown wearing freak they can find over and over again.

Classy networks try to give the audience a view into the gameday experience. Showing the same obnoxious freaks over and over (game after game) in face paint is not the game day experience. It's just lazy camera work.

Agreed!

delhalew
11/28/2009, 09:32 PM
analysis/commentary is the worst.

westcoast_sooner
11/28/2009, 11:36 PM
Reasons is passable, but his partner Lapham is laughable as a color guy. I know everyone here says Bob Sr. is a joke, but honestly, I'd rather listen to his screw-ups than Dave Lapham.

I did seem to notice that on the twelfth week of the season, the Fox guys in the truck FINALLY learned that most of the Big XII runs a no-huddle, and not to have incessant replays, where you miss the next play. That lesson will probably last til the first week of the 2010 season.

How many more years does Fox have the Big XII?

delhalew
11/28/2009, 11:40 PM
ABC gets caught off guard by our pace also.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/29/2009, 02:35 AM
FEARLESS PREDICTIONS, by Tulsa_Fireman

...Brent Musberger will continue to drop commentary during broadcasts that can be interpreted as homosexual innuendo with minimal effort.

...Pedro Poppalottacox will sadly admit to giving half of the USC football team botulism.

...Mike Leach will find a way to bring up ninjas, someone's nickname, Bobby Knight, and a turd sandwich in a postgame interview. And it will sound awesome.

...Bo Pelini will explode. Literally.

...Mike Gundy will change his name to Ohfer Losealot after being fired from Oklahoma State University, but will make new strides in personnel management and frying technology as the new assistant manager at that dirty McDonald's just outside of Stroud.