PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder What Ms. Jenni Thinks Now...

sortiz1965
11/28/2009, 04:55 PM
Another brilliant piece of journalism from Jenni Carlson...I wonder what she's thinking right now?

http://www.newsok.com/article/3421038?custom_click=columnist

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2009, 04:57 PM
She think's gumby's a boy..he's 12.

SoonerKnight
11/28/2009, 05:03 PM
Women as sports writers HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Just sayin!! Stupid just stupid! Has she even seen this team play?

King Crimson
11/28/2009, 05:03 PM
hooray.

Jenni.

great.

article. commentary.

Okie35
11/28/2009, 05:10 PM
Well she got the 27 points right... Who gave her a sports writing job?

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2009, 05:14 PM

Just sayin!! Stupid just stupid! Has she even seen this team play?

No need to knock women in general as sports writers...just Jenni.
Just.
Jenni.
(I'm a woman and have written and can write sports intelligently, BTW.
BTW.
B.
T.
W.)
:D

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 05:14 PM
These Sooners are not nearly so good.

Oooga, booga, booga!!

okcusooner
11/28/2009, 05:35 PM
Another brilliant piece of journalism from Jenni Carlson...I wonder what she's thinking right now?

http://www.newsok.com/article/3421038?custom_click=columnist

I really have no feelings about Carlson one way or the other. But I did spend many years working in the news media. Similar to her job of filling up column space, I had to fill air time. She had a column that was due, she took her best educated guess, and she was wrong. Before you slam her, you ought to consider how you would fare, if you had to publickly post your sports prognostications day in and day out.

Suppose you had a job writing a column in Provo, Miami, or Lincoln...how would you have looked after writing your predictions for these earlier games?

And candidly, most OU fans who follow the team closely would not have been shocked had OU lost today.

gaylordfan1
11/28/2009, 05:39 PM
Who puts YUCK in an article? Thats so PI PHI.

SoonerKnight
11/28/2009, 05:43 PM
First of all if she had been paying attention to our games she would see that we lost some close ones. Second, we don't lose at home because Stoops made that his rule back in 1999. To come up with a best guess and say oooh those teams they did beat were the "yuck". That is stupid. Also, everyone would know that the Sooners would be angry so why would you give the win to a poke team that has never won 10 games for christ sake.

sortiz1965
11/28/2009, 05:54 PM
okcusooner,

Jenni didn't do her homework on this one, and she put herself out on a limb with this prediction. She deserves to be slammed for writing such dreck. You want to carry her water, fine with me.

BTW...I freelance write and have over 500 published articles, so the "I'm just filling up column space" excuse is not going to work for me. She gets paid full time to be a journalist and ought to be able to research her work better.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 05:55 PM
She had a column that was due, she took her best educated guess, and she was wrong.

She is supposed to be a professional. No excuses for a poorly written article.

walkoffsooner
11/28/2009, 06:02 PM
I really dont care what Jennie thinks. Unless its a womens sporting event.

okcusooner
11/28/2009, 06:06 PM
okcusooner,

Jenni didn't do her homework on this one, and she put herself out on a limb with this prediction. She deserves to be slammed for writing such dreck. You want to carry her water, fine with me.

BTW...I freelance write and have over 500 published articles, so the "I'm just filling up column space" excuse is not going to work for me. She gets paid full time to be a journalist and ought to be able to research her work better.

"Didn't do her homework" is one of those phrases that rolls easily off the tongue. What fact errors do you assert she made in the article? What important facts did she leave out?

I assume you did your homework on the BYU, Miami, and Nebraska games and told kith and kin that OU was going to lose each of these games?

Finally, if you were so certain OU was going to win, post a copy of your betting ticket. It's very easy to say "I knew it all along" after the game. But if you actually did know it all along, certainly you put a couple grand on OU covering. So, let's see the ticket.

Again, I don't care about Carlson one way or the other. But if you are going to rip her, then rip her with facts not just conclusory statements.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 06:08 PM
It wouldn't have been as stupid w/o the "there is no magic in that field" comment. There clearly is a magical effect on our Sooner when they play in Norman.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/28/2009, 06:08 PM
That's why I don't read the newspaper! Because it's GARBAGE! And the editor who let it come out is GARBAGE!

the_edge
11/28/2009, 06:31 PM
Who puts YUCK in an article? Thats so PI PHI.

She's not nearly good looking enough.

OK2LA
11/28/2009, 06:53 PM
She's not nearly good looking enough.

I think he meant Phi Psi

bri
11/28/2009, 07:24 PM
That's why I don't read the newspaper! Because it's GARBAGE! And the editor who let it come out is GARBAGE!

So you're sayin' it's inaccarate?

GottaHavePride
11/28/2009, 07:49 PM
Again, I don't care about Carlson one way or the other. But if you are going to rip her, then rip her with facts not just conclusory statements.

FACT: her writing sounds like an amateurish sorority girl, not a professional sportswriter.

sortiz1965
11/28/2009, 08:06 PM
"Didn't do her homework" is one of those phrases that rolls easily off the tongue. What fact errors do you assert she made in the article? What important facts did she leave out?

I assume you did your homework on the BYU, Miami, and Nebraska games and told kith and kin that OU was going to lose each of these games?

Finally, if you were so certain OU was going to win, post a copy of your betting ticket. It's very easy to say "I knew it all along" after the game. But if you actually did know it all along, certainly you put a couple grand on OU covering. So, let's see the ticket.

What the hell do you mean "do my homework"??? I don't get paid to cover Oklahoma sports teams, she does. And in my opinion, she didn't do her homework, she merely put out generalizations about the abilities of both teams and tried to pass them off as facts. I have a right to my opinion, and I think she did a lousy job with this article. There are many others she has written that I agree with; not this one.

For starters, this team's defense, especially at home, has been pretty damn dominant. For her to say OSU is so much better shows me she didn't look at the facts or the team's performance on the field.

What the heck is your fixation with Carlson anyway?? You seem to be spending a lot of effort defending her journalistic honor. So, once more, since you seem too dense to get what most people on this post realize: Jenni Carlson wrote a crappy article! Now deal with it and STFU.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 08:11 PM
She's an idiot...were is there room for argument.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 08:12 PM
Like, oh my God. Her writing is sooooo juvey, fer sure!

Soonerpsycho
11/28/2009, 08:12 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/jyis.jpg

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2009, 08:13 PM
"A horse is a horse of course, of course. And nobody talks to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed."

Yeah.. and that pretty much sums up what I think of Jenni's journalism skills too.

olevetonahill
11/28/2009, 08:22 PM
She needs to go back to Kansas and Climb Neked Back into Her burning apartment :eek:

yermom
11/28/2009, 08:29 PM
OSU is the best team that has come to Norman this season.
It isn’t even close.

hmmm...

Pricetag
11/28/2009, 10:19 PM
I think it's funny that she mentioned special teams, specifically their punter, Quinn Sharp, and then OU's special teams and Tress Way out performed OSU like Mike Gaddis out rushing Barry Sanders.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2009, 10:33 PM
I thought Sanders outrushed Gaddis.

sooner59
11/29/2009, 03:06 AM

If I had my Mac and wasn't confined to this limited PC, I would take picture of my online bet of me picking OU and the points for DA WIN!!! I also picked the under (which I won), but thats not the point. Even Jim Trabor used common sense and picked OU and the points and he is an OSU alum. She is just trying to appease the orange piece of the state this year, but she failed. Look at the track record of OU at home. Its pretty straight forward. We lost by a 63 yard FG to Lester in '01, then to a TCU game in our worst season prior to this one in the opener against a team that "should" have gone undefeated. Its VERY risky and borderline stupid to bet against OU at home.

King Barry's Back
11/29/2009, 07:42 AM
I think the Oklahoma, as well as the other OK papers/TV stations, are very sensitive to offending either OU or OSU fans. Why would they do that? Maybe they don't want to set off a boycott of their product by the fans of either school?

On picking Bedlam, I think they basically go 'round the newroom and say, "Who is taking OSU?" And when no hands go up, the sr editors, say, "Jenni, you haven't taken the Pokes in a while. Why don't you write something highlighting the OSU strong points/OU weak points? See what you can do with that."

And then the result is what we got in the paper.

If you want to make fun of sports reporters and commentators for picking against OU, that's fine, but I wouldn't personalize it too much. And also keep in mind that the guys who picked against OU in almost every tough game this year were right.

Does anyone remember how pissed soonerfans was when somebody picked us to lose 4 games? Don't you wish we had lost only 4 games?

fadada1
11/29/2009, 08:21 AM
ironic how her writing ability mirrored the comment about OU not improving during the season. how long has she been doing this? 10 years? she still writes like an 8th grader.

8th.

grader.

Sooner-N-KS
11/29/2009, 09:53 AM
What does Ms. Jenni think?

She thinks that OU has only won 5 straight against OSU.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3421318?searched=sooners%20dash&custom_click=search

StoopTroup
11/29/2009, 09:58 AM
What does Ms. Jenni think?

She thinks that OU has only won 5 straight against OSU.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3421318?searched=sooners%20dash&custom_click=search

It is amazing they continue to publish her articles. If you can't get even the series record right...it shows that indeed...she isn't a reporter...she's a blogger. Even most bloggers take the time to research things like a series record.

This is far from just bad reporting. The Editor is suspect too IMO.

Scott D
11/29/2009, 09:59 AM
I still believe.

she gets paid by the line

by

the

line.

MeMyself&Me
11/29/2009, 10:16 AM
When I lived in OK and read The Oklahoman I leaned to skip past her articles without reading.

The big thing to take notice of though is the aftermath of the "I'm a man, I'm 40" incident. All the national media ran to her defense probably because they simply didn't like one of their own being attacked. However, the local media who knows her and is familiar with her work... not so much.

hmmm...

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2009, 11:37 AM
At the end of the video on the newsok link they interview BV. LOVE BV!! lol

Lott's Bandana
11/29/2009, 01:02 PM
Thank gawd for our Gamma Ray. Whew.

Stoop Dawg
11/29/2009, 01:18 PM
If I had my Mac and wasn't confined to this limited PC, I would take picture of my online bet of me picking OU and the points for DA WIN!!!

I'm hoping that Windows 8 will include the ability to post pictures to the web, but we'll probably have to wait until Windows 9.

tanjou
11/29/2009, 01:19 PM
loooooooooool look at that dumb slut woman loooooooool

Am I cool now guys?

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 01:29 PM

Just sayin!! Stupid just stupid! Has she even seen this team play?You sexist pig! I know some women who have more sports knowledge in their little finger than you have in your whole body.

No need to knock women in general as sports writers...just Jenni.
Just.
Jenni.
(I'm a woman and have written and can write sports intelligently, BTW.
BTW.
B.
T.
W.)
:D Thank you

setem
11/29/2009, 01:37 PM
There is a reason why the DO is one of the worst "News Papers" in America!

I Am Right
11/29/2009, 01:41 PM
I like sideline info babes.

okcusooner
11/29/2009, 02:19 PM
I think the Oklahoma, as well as the other OK papers/TV stations, are very sensitive to offending either OU or OSU fans. Why would they do that? Maybe they don't want to set off a boycott of their product by the fans of either school?

On picking OU-OSU, I think they basically go 'round the newroom and say, "Who is taking OSU?" And when no hands go up, the sr editors, say, "Jenni, you haven't taken the Pokes in a while. Why don't you write something highlighting the OSU strong points/OU weak points? See what you can do with that."

If you want to make fun of sports reporters and commentators for picking against OU, that's fine, but I wouldn't personalize it too much. And also keep in mind that the guys who picked against OU in almost every tough game this year were right.

Does anyone remember how pissed soonerfans was when somebody picked us to lose 4 games? Don't you wish we had lost only 4 games?

You are absolutely right. Same with point/counterpoint segments you see on sports shows...Often the person arguing a point doesn't actually hold that view, he/she just got assigned it for the segment.

Mile High Sooner
11/29/2009, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE I suppose there could be some Sooner Magic gamma ray that has been installed under the Owen Field turf to provide a surge of supernatural ability and fuel an OU victory. QUOTE]

Okay... who told her about the Sooner Magic Gamma Ray. :mad:

Now if we can only figure out a portable version to take on the road. ;)

Scott D
11/29/2009, 03:57 PM
You are absolutely right. Same with point/counterpoint segments you see on sports shows...Often the person arguing a point doesn't actually hold that view, he/she just got assigned it for the segment.

no argument about that at all. However, lower standards in the way articles are written and the way they are printed are a huge factor in why newspapers are dying. Hell, look at relatively successful newspapers, you get more information out of a writer's blog entry (if the writer has a blog set up by the paper) than you do in 90% of the articles they have in the actual edition of the paper (be it print or online).

That being said, I haven't seen that her blogging is much better than her juvenile print writing.

jdsooner
11/29/2009, 04:23 PM
Jim Traber doesn't like her, so that's a point in her favor.

westbrooke
11/29/2009, 04:24 PM
I'm sure Jenni is thinking she'd like to have this one back right now, but besides being wrong in her prediction, what facts did she actually misrepresent? A careful reading will reveal that even the comment about "Three of the five teams involved in this streak," mentioned earlier in this thread, is referring to the OU teams responsible for the home winning streak, not the current team-specific winning streak over OSU.

I see a lot of conjecture in this column based on generalizations of the teams that seem mostly reasonable. She came to the wrong conclusion. Bash her for that. But this has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman. I don't particularly like her writing style, but it's nearly identical to Clay Horning's. Sub-par sports writing is a gender-neutral deficiency.

sooner59
11/29/2009, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping that Windows 8 will include the ability to post pictures to the web, but we'll probably have to wait until Windows 9.

I could take a pic with a digital camera and go through that crap, but I am too lazy. Its just easier on my mac to capture an on-screen image and post it. I will later if you want to see it that bad.

badger
11/29/2009, 05:48 PM
I think everyone (except perhaps some delusional poke fans) knew OU would win this game. Anyone OU fan who said "Oh, it'll be close" or something close to that was just trying to be polite to Poke fans. I am guilty of that :O

Seriously, somebody had to write the OSU-centered column and it Tram Tram probably had seniority, so he was probably all like "Hey younger columnist! You get the crap assignment!" and then laughed when every OU fan wanted to call Jenni up to tell her what an idiot she is.

So anyways, don't be too hard on ol' Jenni. She's just doing her job and like it or not, the state of Oklahoma is not (quite yet) entirely owned and operated by OU and its fans.

A-M
11/29/2009, 06:34 PM
I don't know what it is about the sooners playing in Norman. I sure do wish we could find some of that magic on the road. The OU team that played @ TT can not be the OU team that played OSU @ Norman, not even close!

SPuL
11/29/2009, 07:37 PM

On picking OU-OSU, I think they basically go 'round the newroom and say, "Who is taking OSU?" And when no hands go up, the sr editors, say, "Jenni, you haven't taken the Pokes in a while. Why don't you write something highlighting the OSU strong points/OU weak points? See what you can do with that."

Well, that argument is pointless because Ware was talking about the Sooners WITH Bradford and Gresham at full health.

If he had known what would happen to us, I'm sure he would have predicted 8 losses for us. :eek:

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2009, 08:19 PM
Well, that argument is pointless because Ware was talking about the Sooners WITH Bradford and Gresham at full health.

Ware didn't say that. He said the Sooners. The fact that we had more injuries than most expected just tells you how clairvoyant he really is.

olevetonahill
11/29/2009, 08:35 PM
Wimmens should be in the Kitchen er the Bedroom
Not Wrightin about sports :D :hot:

btk108
11/29/2009, 11:24 PM

heheh...you're asking for it now.

Met your son and grand daughter at the TG, good ppl. OH and thanks for the OVJ!

bri
11/29/2009, 11:38 PM

http://www.the-isb.com/images/UnifiedBitchTheory2.jpg

delhalew
11/29/2009, 11:40 PM
http://www.the-isb.com/images/UnifiedBitchTheory2.jpg

NICE

MamaMia
11/30/2009, 12:59 AM
Not Wrightin about sports :D :hot: It just so happens that, unlike most of the men I know, I totally rock at multi tasking. :D

http://www.the-isb.com/images/UnifiedBitchTheory2.jpg Obviously a scrapbook template for your family album.

bri
11/30/2009, 01:17 AM
I'd post the scrapbook template for your family album, but the post size limit won't let me fit the entire series of the Maury Povich show on here.

MamaMia
11/30/2009, 02:47 AM
I'd post the scrapbook template for your family album, but the post size limit won't let me fit the entire series of the Maury Povich show on here. Hows this for a post size limit?

You really have to wonder about your gene pool dude. :D

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4319/briandflagpolexy8va9.jpg

unbiasedtruth
11/30/2009, 03:13 AM
poor Jenni, she has 3 strikes against her...

no looks
no boobs
no brains

what esle is she suppose to do, all she is qualified for is to be a sportswriter...

tator
11/30/2009, 11:01 AM
First of all if she had been paying attention to our games she would see that we lost some close ones. Second, we don't lose at home because Stoops made that his rule back in 1999. To come up with a best guess and say oooh those teams they did beat were the "yuck". That is stupid. Also, everyone would know that the Sooners would be angry so why would you give the win to a poke team that has never won 10 games for christ sake.

I don't care about the article or Jenni whats-her-name either way, but this statement is just dumb.

We don't lose at home because Stoops said so?

Jello Biafra
11/30/2009, 11:25 AM

how bout one of the biggest issues was the fact that she didnt look into the strength of LosuRs wins... i realize ours wasn't stellar by any stretch but if you come into someones barn expecting to win because you dominated a terrible Georgia, grambling state, rice(same team houston scored 73 points on), iowa state, mizzou, and colorado. never mind the fact that coach's teams play out of thier minds at home...

look. it's tough to beat anyone at thier house. i's even tougher when you are facing an EVENLY matched team that has a winning streak dating back to 2005. not very many teams can do it. period.

point is, she stepped out on a limb to try and sell papers. she looked stupid again. and once again, its because she didnt bother to look at the overall picture.

VA Sooner
11/30/2009, 11:35 AM
The intangibles of football... something you can only get a feel for and not just look at the weekend of scores and make determinations.

But expecting 27-0, allowing 109 yards, 6 first downs, not a single third down conversion and only 46 yards of rushing to the best rushing team in the Big 12?

Expect the unexpected! Boomer Sooner!

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 11:53 AM

That is some of the funniest **** I've read on here in awhile.

Oldnslo
11/30/2009, 11:56 AM
I don't care that she was trying to sell papers. She didn't check her facts. That's the sin.

Listen, I take positions contrary to my opinion all the time, both on the air and in the courtroom. But I do try to have my s*** together.

She doesn't.

Does.

Not.

TopDawg
11/30/2009, 12:00 PM
There were a lot of our posters on here who looked stupid for calling Andre Ware an idiot this preseason when he predicted OU would lose 4 games. But then it happened. Predictions are tricky. Sometimes you look stupid, sometimes you look brilliant. Rarely is it a reflection of your actual knowledge on the topic.

The fact of the matter is that Jenni is right about OU...we are just an average team. But she was wrong about OSU. They suck.

NormanPride
11/30/2009, 12:32 PM
There were a lot of our posters on here who looked stupid for calling Andre Ware an idiot this preseason when he predicted OU would lose 4 games. But then it happened. Predictions are tricky. Sometimes you look stupid, sometimes you look brilliant. Rarely is it a reflection of your actual knowledge on the topic.

The fact of the matter is that Jenni is right about OU...we are just an average team. But she was wrong about OSU. They suck.

I don't credit Andre for ****. He said we'd lose 4 with Sam, Germaine, and our OL intact. Then after injuries take half our playmakers away and we lose nailbiters against good teams he looks like a genius? No. He's still a sensationalist-style journalist that got lucky.

badger
11/30/2009, 12:59 PM
I don't credit Andre for ****. He said we'd lose 4 with Sam, Germaine, and our OL intact. Then after injuries take half our playmakers away and we lose nailbiters against good teams he looks like a genius? No. He's still a sensationalist-style journalist that got lucky.

Andre was WRONG - we had five losses, not four :D

Also, back when we had three losses, he said our fourth would be to OSU. Wrong again!

Finally, since I'm a girl, I'm not really sure what you all are talking about, cuz girls don't know sh!t bout football and all, so I'll just wait till Soonervision tells we when to yell "Boomer" and when to yell "Sooner." ;)

olevetonahill
11/30/2009, 01:00 PM
Andre was WRONG - we had five losses, not four :D

Also, back when we had three losses, he said our fourth would be to OSU. Wrong again!

Finally, since I'm a girl, I'm not really sure what you all are talking about, cuz girls don't know sh!t bout football and all, so I'll just wait till Soonervision tells we when to yell "Boomer" and when to yell "Sooner." ;)

Get Back in the Kitchen :D

badger
11/30/2009, 01:05 PM
Get Back in the Kitchen :D

I would, but NP controls the kitchen too :(

The only thing I have control of is the garden outside, and it ain't exactly gardening season :(

;)

NormanPride
11/30/2009, 01:05 PM
Trust me, vet. You don't want that.

;)

olevetonahill
11/30/2009, 01:06 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

unbiasedtruth
11/30/2009, 01:07 PM

you give AW way to much credit.....

StoopTroup
11/30/2009, 01:18 PM
Plus...

I can call Andre and idiot for anything I want.

He thought Bradford and Gresham would have us losing 4. His BS is moot. He was throwing poo at us...it wasn't a prediction anyway...it was him running his mouth.

soonerbrat
11/30/2009, 03:04 PM

Hmmm....he probably didn't research all that since he didn't have an article due that would require it.

TopDawg
11/30/2009, 03:18 PM

Did he say "OU will lose 4 games with Sam, Germaine and their O-line intact"? If he did, then I stand corrected. But if he said they'd lose 4 games, he was right. In fact, he over-estimated us. Maybe he knew that our QBs would be more likely to get injured with an inexperienced o-line. Or, maybe he thought our offense would be okay (better than it actually is) but our defense would be average (much worse than it actually is). Maybe he knew that our fans wouldn't respect the jinx and they'd say idiotic things about his prediction that would anger the jinx gods. Whatever the case, his prediction was right.

But like I said, predictions rarely do a good job of reflecting one's knowledge of a particular subject. Is he lucky certain things happened that helped his prediction come true? Perhaps. Is Jenni unlucky that certain things didn't happen to help her prediction come true? Perhaps. The only common thing I see is that they both picked "against" OU. In one case the guy is dumb even though it did come true. In the other case the girl is dumb because it didn't come true. So if this is just a "if you pick against OU, you're dumb no matter what happens" thread then I'll just offer my apologies and let you all get back to the business at hand.

Scott D
11/30/2009, 03:32 PM
he picked 4 losses due to replacing 4/5ths of the offensive line, no other reasons.

Pigface1
11/30/2009, 03:45 PM
She's an idiot and will say anything, no matter how moronic, to get attention.

sooneron
11/30/2009, 03:56 PM
get.
attention.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2009, 03:58 PM
She's an idiot and will say anything, no matter how moronic, to get attention.

yep. know the type well. in germany, these were the types of chicks youd see picture of in the barracks usually in very compromising positions and usually half dressed ;)

Pigface1
11/30/2009, 05:14 PM
yep. know the type well. in germany, these were the types of chicks youd see picture of in the barracks usually in very compromising positions and usually half dressed ;)

Bless their little hearts. lol

Chuck Bao
11/30/2009, 05:31 PM
I think she has done her job very well. She has a 5 page thread about her article here at SF. Without you guys, I wouldn't even know her name.

soonerbrat
11/30/2009, 05:43 PM
it's only 3 pages for me. i have 40 posts per page.

picasso
11/30/2009, 05:57 PM
I think she has done her job very well. She has a 5 page thread about her article here at SF. Without you guys, I wouldn't even know her name.

Well yeah, if she was a tabloid journalist.

okcusooner
11/30/2009, 07:17 PM

Of course you don't credit Andre. That would entail having the spine to say you were wrong.

This season sucked. I'm as disappointed as anyone. But I do credit Ware for not drinking the Wilson Kool-aid about the offensive line.

Ware (who has played more qb than you or I) probably either figured that Sam wouldn't have time to throw or would get banged up. Either way, that diminishes the value of Gresham.

Ware was right, those who lambasted him were wrong. Man up, admit it and move on. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

yermom
11/30/2009, 07:27 PM
speaking of the sun... it does shine on a dog's *** some days. he got lucky and looked like he made a valid prediction

a healthy Gresham and i doubt we lose Sam against BYU, or that any of those 5 games, really

okcusooner
11/30/2009, 07:42 PM
speaking of the sun... it does shine on a dog's *** some days. he got lucky and looked like he made a valid prediction

a healthy Gresham and i doubt we lose Sam against BYU, or that any of those 5 games, really

This is pathetic.

You must be one of the many who blasted Ware for predicting something that sounded so unrealistic and improbable.

But it happened. So the obvious question to be asked is was Ware's prediction really that unrealistic and improbable after all?

Is it improbable that a team will struggle if it can't adequately protect it's quarterback? Answer, no. Ware always premised his prediction on OU's lack of a quality offensive line.

picasso
11/30/2009, 07:49 PM
If Sam isn't hurt we aren't talking about Andre's lucky prediction.

okcusooner
11/30/2009, 07:53 PM
If Sam isn't hurt we aren't talking about Andre's lucky prediction.

But that's the point. In basing his prediction on a poor offensive line, Ware must have thought that Sam would either be running for his life or getting beat up like McCoy did in his sophomore year.

picasso
11/30/2009, 10:02 PM
But that's the point. In basing his prediction on a poor offensive line, Ware must have thought that Sam would either be running for his life or getting beat up like McCoy did in his sophomore year.

I doubt it.

And even if so, he couldn't have predicted the other injuries. Give us everyone back and take Sam out and your boy Andre looks like a fool.

yermom
11/30/2009, 10:36 PM
if Laundry has Gresham to throw to in the red zone how do you think a lot of our close games go?

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2009, 05:00 AM
I would, but NP controls the kitchen too :(

The only thing I have control of is the garden outside, and it ain't exactly gardening season :(

;)

Uh, when he said he likes the flowers in your garden he wasn't talking about your actual garden.