PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Sooner fans!!!

delhalew
11/28/2009, 02:42 PM
It's only halftime and want to thank you guys and girls that went to the game. I want to thank you showing the world HOW WE DO IT!!!

Good years and bad. Thanks ya'll.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2009, 04:21 PM
The crowd was in it and acting likeSooners.

I was impressed.

85sooners
11/28/2009, 04:22 PM
:cool:

GreenSooner
11/28/2009, 06:07 PM
I was at the game. It was very nice to see the crowd show up and make so much noise. I first came to Oklahoma and started to going to OU games in '98, when the team was down and the fan base demoralized. The stadium didn't sell out; the fans who were there were often quiet.

This year has been a tough one. It would have been easy for folks not to show up. OSU fans sometimes care more about this rivalry than OU fans do. And this year their team unquestionably had more to play for than OU did.

All of this makes the atmosphere in the stands today that much more impressive.

(BTW, I loved the video clip of Sam Bradford coming back on to encourage the crowd before the game. A nice touch!)

delhalew
11/28/2009, 06:11 PM
I never missed home game between 1994 and 1996. Tough times, but I yelled my loudest anyway.

I was proud of ya'll today.

OUHOMER
11/28/2009, 06:39 PM
It was loud, I would say almost, almost as loud as OU vs NU in 2000.

nice to see a strong crowd

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2009, 08:19 PM
I am so glad to hear all of the above. After all today was Senior Day and I'm glad our Seniors final home game ended on such a sweet note.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 09:18 PM
Today's home crowd owned Gundy...OWNED HIM.

MamaMia
11/28/2009, 11:08 PM
My throat is raw. Its a good thing I'm drunk or else I would be in lots of pain.

Could y'all hear us on TV? :)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/28/2009, 11:11 PM
We could, Mama.

However, the puke band sounded louder than the Pride.

FIRE BRIAN BRITT

delhalew
11/28/2009, 11:12 PM
My throat is raw. Its a good thing I'm drunk or else I would be in lots of pain.

Could y'all hear us on TV? :)

Honestly, when we were on D, it sounded like one of those 100,000 attendance SEC games.

StoopTroup
11/28/2009, 11:30 PM
I should have my voice back by at least Wednesday.

bri
11/28/2009, 11:38 PM
When aggy had the ball to start the game, I'm pretty sure you could hear our crowd from space.

Dio
11/29/2009, 01:06 AM
I should have my voice back by at least Wednesday.

That's ok, the aggie chick in front of me might get her hearing back by Friday.

sooner59
11/29/2009, 03:14 AM
It was loud, I would say almost, almost as loud as OU vs NU in 2000.

nice to see a strong crowd

I was in the student section and I would say I can count at least 5 games since '03 that we were louder, but given our season I was very impressed with those there. There were quite a few empty student seats around me and many of those around me were silent, but I screamed my *** off. My throat hurts. I was thrilled with every section outside the student section. We were loud under 5 time all day.

SGT Park3R
11/29/2009, 05:46 AM
Man just thinking of being there cheering with everyone else gives me goosebumps. Maybe someday.

I as well thank you all who went to the game and gave it your all. It really was impressive.

King Barry's Back
11/29/2009, 05:59 AM
Crowd sounded great on justin.tv, and my compliments to the folks that showed up.

Not to take anything away from them, but following a couple of plays that went the aggies' way -- for example, the bobbled snap/fumble -- their crowd went crazy and sounded VERY loud.

Was there a big poke contingent at the game? Glad they were pretty much silent throughout the second half though.

captain_surly
11/29/2009, 08:05 AM
Man just thinking of being there cheering with everyone else gives me goosebumps. Maybe someday.

I as well thank you all who went to the game and gave it your all. It really was impressive.

Consider my attendance and noise making a personal tribute to you and your comrades defending our freedom. When you get a chance to make it to a game your first ticket is on me.

AlbqSooner
11/29/2009, 08:13 AM

For you, in your circumstance, to thank the fans in the stadium for giving it their all is one of the most poignant posts I have ever read. Although I have not met you, you have my respect. Thanks Sgt. Park3er.

StoopTroup
11/29/2009, 08:35 AM
Was there a big poke contingent at the game? Glad they were pretty much silent throughout the second half though.

There was a spattering of them throughout the stadium but for the most part...I think a lot of it came from folks who are living in what many would call ''a House Divided''. There were a some true hardcore cowboy fans but not as many as I thought there would be, Maybe if Boone would have bought them all tickets there might have been more. :D

And yes....they were pretty quiet. Most of the ones I saw that were going to lose it were chastised by these two kids standing in one of the exits near me. The cops finally got around to running everybody off before it got to bad. They were so bad that even some OU Fans thought they were going to far. After what I endured last year...it was harmless smack talk in my mind. aggie...you can't dish it out at your place and not expect a little at OUr place.

The one that got me last year in stoolwater was the Cops telling us we were cheering to lOUd last year and that we needed to tone it down. We were in the OU Section...and cheering to lOUd...lol Alrighty then....

VA Sooner
11/29/2009, 09:06 AM
Good home crowd. Wish we could take 80,000 to the bowl game with us.

soonerborn30
11/29/2009, 09:30 AM
It was definitely loud, and people were very fired up in my section (23). It was definitely a vibe of "alright, we have to protect our house". Kind of a circling of wagons, pardon the pun.

As far as the students go, we need to get those kids from Penn State to come here and teach them how to do things. I hate that they're so tame.

I Am Right
11/29/2009, 09:31 AM
That was great

StoopTroup
11/29/2009, 09:38 AM
Screw Penn State.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 10:58 AM
To add to this, I noticed when a player was down you could hear a pin drop, unlike the* game. In the LSU ARKY game last night I think they screamed louder when a player was hurt.

MamaMia
11/29/2009, 12:17 PM
Most of the pokes I saw, and there were quite a few, were with Sooners. We use to have a poke who married himself into our family.

btk108
11/29/2009, 04:20 PM
yep...there were several there....that Orange stood out in a sea of Crimson like a turd in a punch bowl. Most of their fans I saw in line at concessions at half were clueless..acted like they didn't even know a game was going on, they didn't even go back for 3rd quarter kickoff, they just stood in the tunnels talking. Early in the 4th quarter, the strong contigent in the section next to me started leaving, I just yelled "Why are you leaving? This is why you can't fill your own stadium!"

Our fans are AWESOME!

josh09
11/29/2009, 04:27 PM
It's only halftime and want to thank you guys and girls that went to the game. I want to thank you showing the world HOW WE DO IT!!!

Good years and bad. Thanks ya'll.

As a student and having been to every home game this year, that one was easily the loudest and had the best atmosphere, by far. BOOOOOMERRRR!!!!

sooner59
11/29/2009, 04:53 PM
As a student and having been to every home game this year, that one was easily the loudest and had the best atmosphere, by far. BOOOOOMERRRR!!!!

Yep easily the best home game atmosphere this year. It was my parents' first ou-osu game. Good times.