PDA

View Full Version : Will Nebraska beat Texas?

Dan Thompson
11/27/2009, 09:42 PM
Did the Nebraska QB leave the game with an injury?

I think NBs defense will give the horns all they can handle and maybe a little more.

picasso
11/27/2009, 09:45 PM
No. But it would be fun to see them play in the cold in KC.

Seems like every quality team Texas has played this season has been minus a stud or two.

boomerinhou
11/27/2009, 09:47 PM
Texas will beat Nebraska. Then, Florida will crush the Whorns. The end.

Hook 'em

Harry Beanbag
11/27/2009, 09:51 PM
No. Texas beats them like a drum.

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2009, 09:58 PM
No, but I can hope I'm wrong.

bmjlr
11/27/2009, 09:59 PM
Yes, Nebraska will win. The end.

Petro-Sooner
11/27/2009, 10:15 PM
No.

King Barry's Back
11/27/2009, 10:27 PM
If the Nebraska D plays lights out, if the weather is cold.

Yeah, stranger things have happened.

Wouldn't that be the best scenario? Nebraska gets the automatic bid to the Fiesta, TX gets the at-large, OkSt gets the shaft?

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 10:51 PM
If Nebraska had the offense A&M fielded last night, then it might be a great game. But the game looks to me like solid defense on both sides for the most part, but with Texas having a better offense.

Blues1
11/27/2009, 10:53 PM
Pray for Cold Cold Weather...... Then Maybe....?

JBIILonghorns
11/27/2009, 10:53 PM
No.

And then texas will beat florida since Muschamp owns them.

JBIILonghorns
11/27/2009, 10:54 PM

They can just close the roof at Jerryworld then right?

picasso
11/27/2009, 10:55 PM
No.

And then texas will beat florida since Muschamp owns them.

Texas has to score on Florida in order to win.

Texas_Longhorn
11/27/2009, 10:56 PM
No. But it would be fun to see them play in the cold in KC.

Seems like every quality team Texas has played this season has been minus a stud or two.

The game on Dec 5th is in the Cowboy stadium in Arlington.

picasso
11/27/2009, 11:04 PM
The game on Dec 5th is in the Cowboy stadium in Arlington.

No ****. That's why I said it would be cool to see you guys play Nebbish in the freezing cold of Arrowhead stadium but alas you get to play the game virtually at home.
This season has been gift wrapped for you goobers.

JBIILonghorns
11/27/2009, 11:09 PM
Gift wrapped, and proud of it.

After past seasons when OU can lose to texas and go to the NCG, lose to Kstate in 03 B12 Champ,,,and still go to the NCG.

The Sooners are the kings of being gift wrapped things.

picasso
11/27/2009, 11:11 PM
Gift wrapped, and proud of it.

After past seasons when OU can lose to texas and go to the NCG, lose to Kstate in 03 B12 Champ,,,and still go to the NCG.

The Sooners are the kings of being gift wrapped things.

Well yeah you guys never walked in the back door of a Big 12 Championship.

Oh yeah, you mean those years when you beat us but couldn't finish off aTm and Franny? Umm, thanks.
You've had zero competition this year and nearly lost to our pathetic fielded football team.

Good luck.

royalfan5
11/27/2009, 11:18 PM
If that 1996 Texas team with John Mackovic at the helm could get the drop on Tom and the 1996 Huskers, and I'd say NU can return the favor this year. I think NU has a enough defense to stay in it, and will come up with a defensive of special teams score to win it.

picasso
11/27/2009, 11:18 PM
oooohhhhhhhh yeah 2003. The year we pasted you guys even worse than in 2000 and made the south look like a high school district? I'll agree we didn't deserve to be in the NC game but we most certainly earned every one of those BCS points.
And then we played LSU at home. Yeah, that's a helluva gift right there Billy Clyde.

Not to mention playing k-state in their neck of the woods as opposed to UT playing in Dallas.

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2009, 11:46 PM
Don't try to talk sense...They can only see things one way.

guzziguy
11/28/2009, 12:13 AM
Don't try to talk sense...They can only see things one way.

Wrongly.

utex74
11/28/2009, 12:27 AM

Game's indoors.

Blues1
11/28/2009, 12:50 AM
Game's indoors.

Pray for Indoor Smog....... :)

prrriiide
11/28/2009, 01:02 AM
I'll call it...the rest of the season: NU beats texass. Then TCU punks either The Blessed Order of Tebow or (more likely) Bammer. TCU wins it all. The Domers offer up the balance of the Catholic Children's Charities Fund to hire Patterson. The lesser half of OU's 2010 class de-commits and Stoops signs the top 10 JUCO OL in the country. OU wins it all next year with Jones winning the Heisman.

BlownGP
11/28/2009, 01:55 AM
I think the game is going to be same as when we played both of them. All Defense and see who can make points off TO's.

sendbaht
11/28/2009, 06:40 AM
If one time I WISH the Big 12 was played in the North (Kanas) it is this year. Darn it. A nice super cold snowy night might give NB a nice cold edge. But NOOOOOO it's played in Texas this year, Poop.

VA Sooner
11/28/2009, 08:50 AM
Nebraska has no offense. Even against lowly Colorado, they had to rely on two defensive touchdowns against them to win the game. Unless they exploit the new defensive chink in Texas' defense that the Aggies somehow showed on Thursday, which is the run game, they have no chance. Helu will need to be healthy and Burkhead will have to play the game of his life. Zac Lee won't be able to pass well against the Texas secondary and his o-line won't be able to give him enough time to do much of anything beside hand the ball off.

Texas will win handily in the Big 12.

Alabama showed its weakness yesterday afternoon and will get beat again by a Florida team that desperately misses Percy Harvin.

And the national title game will revolve around which team employs a better defensive strategy with stars on both sides.

Sooner70
11/28/2009, 09:16 AM
I wisht it could happen, but I don't think so. Neb doesn't have the offense to make it happen & their defense will do respectably, but Texas will score more points. The aTm game did reveal some UT weaknesses on defense, if NEB can exploit them, but it would take a Jerrod Johnson type to do it. Texas isn't invincible. They've got weaknesses and aTm showed them. Also, OU showed if you can keep Shipley under wraps, you can hamper them on offense. However, since RRR, UT has done a good job diversifying their offensive schemes. They'll sure need that in the NC game, which I don't think they can win.

Jacie
11/28/2009, 10:11 AM
Before last weekend, no one thought a&m had an offense that could score on sa*et but it turned out the whorns needed at least 40 of those 49 points they put up to win that one.

However, because of what a&m did sa*et won't lose to the nebbish.

Against a&m the whorns were looking ahead, not to the Big XII Championship game but to the BCS, and it almost cost them. Ponyboy was about the only one of em who started the game ready to play and maybe it was because he felt aggie owed him one more. In any event, it was a wake-up call and even Mack won't let it happen twice in a row.

Whorns are gonna trounce em on both sides of the ball.

VA Sooner
11/28/2009, 10:26 AM
With Colt McCoy now having free-reign to run as a dual-threat QB, it opened up the offensive playbook and gave the Aggies' defense fits trying to figure out how to account for the running backs, Shipley, and McCoy on every play. Without McCoy's legs and his 164 yard rushing, Horns would have lost that game. Smart for Mack to keep him under wraps until the RRR and afterwards, let him run a bit... kept McCoy healthier at the end of the season so they wouldn't drop back to back games against the Aggies as in McCoy's freshman and sophomore years.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2009, 10:30 AM
Nebraska has a much better defense than A&M.

Harry Beanbag
11/28/2009, 11:54 AM
Nebraska has a much worse offense than A&M.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2009, 12:00 PM
This is true!

JBIILonghorns
11/28/2009, 12:29 PM
And then we played LSU at home. Yeah, that's a helluva gift right there Billy Clyde.

The gift was being presented the opportunity to play in this game. Not where it was played.

Not to mention playing k-state in their neck of the woods as opposed to UT playing in Dallas.

Not an excuse, OU was 10 times better than K-State that year. And they laid an egg after dominating every regular season game (except for the game at Alabama.)

The 03 team was probably the most dominant of the Stoops Era, and they blew it man. That team should have won it all.

delhalew
11/28/2009, 12:41 PM
This season is a gift wrapped with a pretty bow for the horns. Get it now, cause it ain't getting any easier(except of course, for your creampuff out of conference scheduling).

Veritas
11/28/2009, 04:02 PM
Nebraska's best chance for scoring points is the defense and special teams. That won't cut it against those queers from Austin. We'll probably hold them to a season low yardage-wise, but it won't be enough.

GimmeRed
11/28/2009, 04:18 PM
96, 98 to a point, 01,03 it could happen but the smart money would be on Texas

Q22
11/28/2009, 04:56 PM
Probably won't....but then again, they might.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2009, 04:59 PM
Nebraska's best chance for scoring points is the defense and special teams. That won't cut it against those queers from Austin. We'll probably hold them to a season low yardage-wise, but it won't be enough.

Yeah...Those homos will be sticking it in every chance!

East Coast Bias
11/28/2009, 08:18 PM
49 to 7 Horns, Neb is not a good team.....

illinisooner
11/28/2009, 08:34 PM
Nebraska needs to play lights out on defense and force McCoy into mistakes and Zac Lee needs to have a good game so the Horns don't stack the box and shut down the only NU offensive threat (Helu). Both of those things need to happen, but realistically, I can only see one of them happening.

Texas 21 Nebraska 10

11/28/2009, 08:46 PM
I think it will be close for the first half. Texas will make good adjustments and it will end up a blow-out.

Just my prediction... NOT what I want to happen.

Veritas
11/28/2009, 09:11 PM
Texas 21 Nebraska 10
That's about my prediction. Nebraska D is too good to let things get too out of hand.

picasso
11/28/2009, 11:39 PM
The gift was being presented the opportunity to play in this game. Not where it was played.

Not an excuse, OU was 10 times better than K-State that year. And they laid an egg after dominating every regular season game (except for the game at Alabama.)

The 03 team was probably the most dominant of the Stoops Era, and they blew it man. That team should have won it all.

Can't argue with that but give me a break on gift wrapped seasons for OU. We won a title in '06 with a chicken winged passer who was suited up to play WR.

You guys are slightly better than a wanker without Colty this season.