PDA

View Full Version : Thankgiving Stories: Tell them here

setem
11/27/2009, 11:59 AM
If you have any decent stories from Thanksgiving past or present let us know.

Yesterday we had about one of the most awkward moments I have ever witnessed. 1st a little back ground. My brother in law's father works at a Blue & Gold sausage factory or used to work in one till he got his hand caught in one of the grinders and instead of waiting for the machine to be dismantled he just backed his hand back out. So he basically ground his hand twice. Not funny at all and I am not making a joke. So yesterday we are eating and my father askes my BNL how his dad was doing. So John is telling us how he is recovering and my brother from out of no where starts asking if he got a hook! "DID HE GET A HOOK" and he was making a hook with his fingers! The whole table just looked at him in silence and in shock! I swear to the baby Jesus from the kids table I heard WTF? It was awkward to say the least!

Not saying it was okay for my brother to say that but I think my BNL was getting a little pay back from when he tried to kill me when I was 11. We were playing football in the front yard and this grown bitch decides to bull rush a little kids. He fold be back and my feet were up by my damn knees! I thought I was gonna die!

badger
11/27/2009, 12:06 PM
My future husband NP decided to accompany me out to Tennessee to visit my brother and my future sister and law and her mother. I knew that he would be bored out of his mind if we accompanied them all to some Tennessee historical sites, so I offered to stay behind with him and watch the boring Texas - Texas A&M game. We knew it would be a blowout, but there was always that glimmer of hope that A&M could somehow pull a victory in Austin... no there wasn't. Fran Fran loses games 77-0 on the road. No hope!

But, things turned out unexpectedly. Texas A&M hit some hotshot freshman QB named Colt McCoy... a lot. Everytime the whorns screwed up, we impersonated their weird Corps guys making out with their dates after Aggie scores.

The aggies somehow pulled off a 12-7 victory on the road, meaning all we had to do was beat Agroid on the road (we did, haha dropped aggy pass in the endzone) and OU goes to the Big 12 championship... and wins!

Anyway, that Thanksgiving started the tradition NP and I have kept to this day - kisses after touchdowns. Not crazy Aggie Corps makie outie sessions that make you go blind when shown on nat'l tee vee, but we still kiss. It is a cool tradition and I suggest everyone here pick it up.

C&CDean
11/27/2009, 02:55 PM
The way we played this year my lips would atrophy from lack of use...

We have a Thanksgiving tradition that goes back to when I was a wee lad. All the menfolks get together and go hunting in the morning, and the womens start cooking turkey and ****. Anyhow, about 7 or so years ago my nephew (who was 7 at the time) came out hunting for the first time. It was cold. I mean nun's **** with a copper kotex cold.

We let him carry a little .22 rifle with him. After a couple of hours of freezing to death and not seeing any deer my brother calls me on the radio and says "is it alright for Connor to shoot a squirrel? We've got lots of them here by the blind." I go "what the hell, we ain't seeing any deer anyhow, go ahead."

About 10 seconds later I hear a "pop." Then I hear my brother go "I'll be damned, he got him." About 5 minutes later I hear another pop. Another "I'll be damned." This happened 4 times in about a 20 minute period.

Finally I succumbed to the numb feet and hands deal and said "let's head in." We all head up for the house, and here's Connor carrying 4 squirrels by the tail. Two in each hand while my brother was carrying his little rifle.

We walk up to the back porch, and all the womens come out to see if we killed anything. We go "nah, but Connor got him some squirrels." Momma goes "way to go Connor! I'll get started on them right after y'all skin them for me." He looks at her, and in his best Davey Crockett voice shrugs and goes "I'm just happy to be providing for my family." We all cracked up.

What was even funnier was after momma fried them up, they disappeared before the store-bought turkey was even touched.

Now Connor is 14 and left this morning for home in Denver after shooting a doe from the same blind he killed those squirrels from. Last year he shot a huge 8-pointer from that blind, and also killed a mule deer doe this past September up in Colorado on our annual hunt.

You tell me hunting is bad. Go ahead.

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2009, 08:15 PM
Anyway, that Thanksgiving started the tradition NP and I have kept to this day - kisses after touchdowns. Not crazy Aggie Corps makie outie sessions that make you go blind when shown on nat'l tee vee, but we still kiss. It is a cool tradition and I suggest everyone here pick it up.

we do that too :O

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2009, 09:08 PM
I ate some food.

StoopTroup
11/27/2009, 09:25 PM
Dean...

I'll need to borrow that blind next year. :D ;)

Very cool for the lad.

setem
11/27/2009, 09:53 PM
Deano, that is indeed a cool story!

I think in 1998 my sister got a pool table for Christmas(she got it at thanksgiving). Not some walmart special but and 9ft Imperial. In order for my mom to justify getting my sister such a gift we started the Webb Family Thanksgiving Day Pool Tournament. The trophy has caused a big riff between the different clans in our family. The cochrans, Wallens and Webbs. Last year was the first year for the Cochrans to ever win it. The Wallens and Webbs have split time with the trophy and the longest streak is 2 years held by the Wallens. About a week before Thanksgiving the trash talk begins and this year topped them all. We used facebook to let the world know who was gonna win the prized Webb Family Pool Tournamant Trophy. I will take a picture of the trophy to show you because it really is a nice trophy. My mom had it made by MidWest Trophy the same people who make the Big XII CC Trophy and I think the Fiesta Bowl Trophy. It is a big siver cup with a wood base.

Guess who won the trophy this year?

ME BITCHES! This is my first title in the history of the tournament. I have made 3 trips to the title match but lost each time. 1st time was to my dad but I was happy the trophy stayed here 2nd time was to my BNL from the Wallens and 3rd was from my BNL from the Cochrans. I beat the BNL from the Cochrans in the opening round and my nephew from the Wallens(toughest player in the field and he comes the tailgates) in Round 2 and then my sister Angee who is a Wallen(she comes to the tailgates) and then I beat my Dad for the title!

I AM THE CHAMPION!

Can I bring the trophy to the TG to show everyone and **** my sister off? MUWAHAHAHA!

StoopTroup
11/27/2009, 10:02 PM
Do it. We'll take pictures with your camera sharing your new Trophy at the TG so you can show them to her. :D

picasso
11/27/2009, 11:33 PM
I try to have sex on Thanksgiving. Not with any relatives mind you but besides that I'm not too picky.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/28/2009, 10:06 AM

We do. Me and the beautiful Miss Shanna.

Like you, we don't get all crazy sucky-face, but we'll drop a lil' lovin' for every TD. I tried to cop a feel once and got punched in the jaw. But that's not a tradition for us. At least not on gameday.

Oldnslo
11/30/2009, 06:04 PM
We're over at my in-laws for the Big Day.

My dear and loving Mother-in-law had been badgering us for years with, "When are you two going to give me grandchildren" and other such whatnot. This went on for the first SEVEN years of my marriage. Pretty much every f'n time I see this woman, she wants to know if the Wife Unit is preggers.

So, this particular Thanksgiving, after we're all sitting 'round the table, all 6 of my brothers and sisters in law, wife, and parents in law, (and the occasional niece and nephew), she starts in again. "I want more grandbabies" and "You two need to give me more grandchildren".

I look up and say, "We can't have children. It's my fault. Pass the green beans."

I will treasure the moment of silence that followed for the rest of my days.

Fun fact: Now that we have children? She's the 2nd favorite grandma. It's a distant 2nd, too. :)

SicEmBaylor
11/30/2009, 06:17 PM
My future husband NP decided to accompany me out to Tennessee to visit my brother and my future sister and law and her mother. I knew that he would be bored out of his mind if we accompanied them all to some Tennessee historical sites, so I offered to stay behind with him and watch the boring Texas - Texas A&M game. We knew it would be a blowout, but there was always that glimmer of hope that A&M could somehow pull a victory in Austin... no there wasn't. Fran Fran loses games 77-0 on the road. No hope!

But, things turned out unexpectedly. Texas A&M hit some hotshot freshman QB named Colt McCoy... a lot. Everytime the whorns screwed up, we impersonated their weird Corps guys making out with their dates after Aggie scores.

The aggies somehow pulled off a 12-7 victory on the road, meaning all we had to do was beat Agroid on the road (we did, haha dropped aggy pass in the endzone) and OU goes to the Big 12 championship... and wins!

I love football, but I'd rather visit historical sites all day than sit at home and watch football.

setem
11/30/2009, 06:50 PM
I love football, but I'd rather visit historical sites all day than sit at home and watch football.

GAY!

JLEW1818
11/30/2009, 06:53 PM
i **** my pants one year on the way .....

ask C11 about it.