PDA

View Full Version : From What I saw Last Night....

Blues1
11/27/2009, 11:55 AM
I'm NOT saying this will Happen......BUT

From What I saw Last Night ~~ Looks to me Both Texas and A&M have the talent to Win at least 10 games next year - That * Freshman all world sprinter kickoff guy looks like he could WIN a few games by himself.....

jmho ~ We need to Win the Next two games IF we plan on being in the race in 2010, just on a confidence level IF nothing else.....I guess we will find out this Saturday how much "Fire" The 2009 Sooners have.....

Here's hoping there's enough Pride and Fire left in this team to Play "Oklahoma Football"

If I don't sound very confident ~ You are probably Right....

Everybody Keep R'

Breadburner
11/27/2009, 12:00 PM
What.....?

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 12:03 PM
A&M needs to do about as much work on defense, as we do on offense next year. Both we and A&M are young, and have had to depend more on young guys than normally.
*, as I stated in another thread, might be in the same boat next year as we are this year. Good, talented defense, but they are inexperienced on the OL, QB, and some of the WRs.
OSU will be about the 5th best team next year in the South, with what they lose on offense.
Baylor, whereas they have some great athletes, are still a few years away, but Briles will likely get them there.
Tech is the interesting one. They are enigmatic. Since the game is in Norman next year, I will pick us.

Overall, there are too many variables out there, in particular on who will declare for the NFL Draft, on all of those teams, and who will be the last few impact signees for these teams after the season.

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/27/2009, 12:13 PM
I do think the momentum can help carry over from this season by winning this week and the bowl game but I don't think it'll matter much by the time Big 12 play rolls around next season. We'll find out a lot about next year's team when we go to Cincy.............

tommieharris91
11/27/2009, 12:28 PM
ATM, yea, they're young and could win a lot of games. Texas loses a lot of players though.

TMcGee86
11/27/2009, 12:39 PM
I don't see any way Texas wins 10 next year. You take Colt and Ship off that team and they have a bunch of nothing.

Sorta like if you took Sam and Gresh off our team this year. :(

JLEW1818
11/27/2009, 12:46 PM
Texas loses their QB, Shipley, most of their Oline. Their best defensive player

I'm just saying

TJKDone
11/27/2009, 12:55 PM
Next year is so far away, lets consider this season while we still can:D

If the program is in good shape, a great season for a team like OU or UT comes down to QB play. Gilbert has all the creds and then some, but it remains to be seen if he has the same moxy that sets a player like Colt apart.

We will be in WAY, WAY better shape depth wise than you guys were on the OL headed into this season. That is your true program "fault." I still don't get why you guys were so short at the position even prior to the season injuries. Far below your standards and what should be accepted.

Hook'em

JLEW1818
11/27/2009, 01:32 PM
Gilbert will be a good qb

Jacie
11/27/2009, 01:41 PM
Until aggie missed that field goal, I thought they would win.

TJKDone
11/27/2009, 01:42 PM

More than likely yes, but he will be in his first true battles and the standard right now for us is very high with a lot of pressure.

I am just saying it is a question mark for sure and Bob Stoops knows how to exploit weaknesses. Man I hope he stays at OU. I love to hate him like any other good Longhorn, but he makes you guys great and pushes the rivalry to an awesome level. Just get the damn OL fixed and in reasonable shape. I think you are in tough shape in that dept. next year too.

Hook'em

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 01:53 PM
We should have about 15 linemen in camp next year. I don't think depth will be a problem. The issue will be cohesion.

Sooner70
11/27/2009, 02:26 PM
Jerrod Johnson was unstoppable. I just don't understand how OU plastered A&M earlier in the year. aTm has good things to look forward to. Their offense made the Muschumps look like Ned in the first grade. You can bet Florida or Alabama will be taking that game film apart frame by frame. Texas definitely isn't bullettproof.

boomerinhou
11/27/2009, 02:50 PM
Next year is so far away, lets consider this season while we still can:D

If the program is in good shape, a great season for a team like OU or UT comes down to QB play. Gilbert has all the creds and then some, but it remains to be seen if he has the same moxy that sets a player like Colt apart.

We will be in WAY, WAY better shape depth wise than you guys were on the OL headed into this season. That is your true program "fault." I still don't get why you guys were so short at the position even prior to the season injuries. Far below your standards and what should be accepted.

Hook'em

Aggy totally exposed a weak Whorn defense. Strength of schedule is also catching up with the Whorns. Texas will get crushed if it makes it to the MNC game.

Hook 'em

MarylandSooner
11/27/2009, 03:00 PM
From what I saw last night from the * defense - I think the bugeaters can even score a couple times and if they do the Big12 CG looks very interesting.

OUmillenium
11/27/2009, 03:07 PM
The TAM qb was awesome. Like an earlier poster said, Aggie had a chance until the missed field goal. The UTerus kickoff return was huge also before that.

Really liked watching the TAM offense. Not so much with UTerus, same stuff but incredibly effective. Colt runs when needed and looks primarily to Shipley.

Jacie
11/27/2009, 03:59 PM
Aggy totally exposed a weak Whorn defense. Strength of schedule is also catching up with the Whorns. Texas will get crushed if it makes it to the MNC game.

Hook 'em

I don't agree. I think it was an "on any given day" situation catching up to and almost overtaking sa*et. They were in College Station, a very difficult place for the visiting team to play, in what was aggie's biggest game of this or any year but oddly not for the whorns, since they had already clinched the South Division. I think they have their eyes on the BCS and it is possible nebbish, bad as they are, will play them tough too.

TUSooner
11/27/2009, 04:01 PM
If nothing else, this year should have taught us that it is completely silly to predict a season in advance. :O

FaninAma
11/27/2009, 04:17 PM

He will be another Chris Simms uless he
can run and scramble like Colt.

Greg Davis' offense is very average unless
he has a running QB like Young or McCoy.

1890MilesToNorman
11/27/2009, 05:03 PM
I only caught part of the game but I just checked the box score, The Aggies numbers were better in most categories. Mack was prolly crapping his pants the whole night. :D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=200911260084

kevpks
11/27/2009, 05:30 PM
I don't follow recruiting very closely but I am hoping for least two juco o-linemen who can push for significant playing time. We need to build depth and talent at that position fast.