PDA

View Full Version : Whorn Ulatoski seems to get a bye . . .

Jacie
11/27/2009, 09:04 AM
. . . when it comes to holding penalties. He is one of those lumbering 300 pound types (big and slow) who cannot deal with a quick DE except to grab the jersey, often from behind after he's been beat and is desparate to keep Ponyboy off the rug (I am guessing here, sa*et O-linemen who give up a sack have to run bleachers or worse, do Ponyboy's laundry). Yet, he never draws a flag for holding. The officials always miss seeing it.

Not that it would have changed the outcome of any games if had been flagged . . .

badger
11/27/2009, 09:35 AM
I saw that too, but it's not like they're going to retroactively award Aggie a moral victory over some missed holding calls... it's not like Aggie hasn't already awarded itself one for scoring 39 points on supposedly the No. 3 team in the country.

When I look at the whorn o-line, I can't help but giggle a little. These guys seem to have one goal at UT - get a big as possible. Not as strong as possible, not as fast as possible, not as technically sound as possible - just get big.

I know this is the emphasis for a lot of pro o-lines, but college o-lines seem to be more about technique and not just being a brick wall. No wonder Colt got hit so much last night.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2009, 11:09 AM
We're giving UT crap for their offensive line? Um, okay.

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 11:39 AM
What's ironic, is that they lose most of those guys next year. I believe that their OL next year will be a lot like ours this year. In fact, their offense might look like ours this year:

QB: Highly recruited, talented, young gun, but inexperienced (Gilbert=Jones)
OL: Lose most of the line
WR: Lose the best playermaker (Shipley= Iggy); still have a good speedster (Goodwin= Broyles); big physical, but inconsistent receiver (Williams= Miller)
RB= Nice, young backs who still need development (Newton & Whitaker= Calhoun and Miller)
K= They will have a new guy. Lawrence has been like Hartley was for us a few years ago. We ALL know what can happen when you have a young, untested kicker.

Jacie
11/27/2009, 12:31 PM
We're giving UT crap for their offensive line? Um, okay.

Yeah, but OUr guys get flagged for holding. Their guys will get a ring . . .

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 12:34 PM
Well, last year, a lot of their guys were complaining about our OL holding - and it seemed like Loadholt was flagged for holding at least once a game - and Ulatoski was beaten SEVERAL times last night by Von Miller.

badger
11/27/2009, 12:49 PM

Yup... a Big 12 South Champion ring :D