PDA

View Full Version : Poke Fan Step-Dad

westcoast_sooner
11/26/2009, 11:28 PM
Just had a disagreement with my step-dad. Parents making only their 2nd trip to Cali since I've been out here 13 years. Anyway, we were talking about the relative strength of various Big XII teams. I had commented earlier that A&M's D was horrible. I said - well, they've given up 42 points tonight - not a good effort.

Talked about OU. Said that OU's Defense was really good. He says, "well, I don't think so." I had to go all statistician on him and say "I don't care what you think, statistically OU has a VERY good defense. They didn't play well against Tech last week, but they've played well all season to that point."

Sorry - had to vent.

gaylordfan1
11/27/2009, 12:01 AM
its ok brother... we all have had to do that this season. keep it coming. we are here for u. need a beer?

Soonerus
11/27/2009, 12:05 AM
OU has a great defense...

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 12:11 AM
its ok brother... we all have had to do that this season. keep it coming. we are here for u. need a beer?
Thanks - Boy do I ever need a brewski. Unfortunately, they don't drink either, so I'm being nice.

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 12:17 AM
OU has a great defense...

NCAA Page (http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2009&org=522) Note that in most important stats (Rushing, Passing efficiency and Total D) OU is in the top 13 in the country. And the ranks in the conference are good, while the Pokes' National rank are way lower than OU's. Interestingly, the conference rank shows that OSU's D is 4th to the Sooners' 3rd.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:17 AM
Just had a disagreement with my step-dad. Parents making only their 2nd trip to Cali since I've been out here 13 years. Anyway, we were talking about the relative strength of various Big XII teams. I had commented earlier that A&M's D was horrible. I said - well, they've given up 42 points tonight - not a good effort.

Talked about OU. Said that OU's Defense was really good. He says, "well, I don't think so." I had to go all statistician on him and say "I don't care what you think, statistically OU has a VERY good defense. They didn't play well against Tech last week, but they've played well all season to that point."

Sorry - had to vent.
Hes a Poke ?

Thanks - Boy do I ever need a brewski. Unfortunately, they don't drink either, so I'm being nice.

And he dont drink ?
Tell him to **** off dip **** :D

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:18 AM
Axe him why Da pokes are ranked #11 and still 10 point Dogs at our House :D

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 12:20 AM
Hes a Poke ?

And he dont drink ?
Tell him to **** off dip **** :D

LMAO - Thanks for the laughs. Unfortunately, my whole family are Poke Fans. I'm the only one that has any sense, I think.

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 12:22 AM
Axe him why Da pokes are ranked #11 and still 10 point Dogs at our House :D
Will use that one on Saturday.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:23 AM
LMAO - Thanks for the laughs. Unfortunately, my whole family are Poke Fans. I'm the only one that has any sense, I think.

So yer saying Ya the Only White hat wearin guy ?
The rest are just black sheep ?

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2009, 12:34 AM
So yer saying Ya the Only White hat wearin guy ?
The rest are just black sheep ?
Yep - pretty much. Never understood it myself.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:38 AM
Yep - pretty much. Never understood it myself.

So the NUT can fall FAR from the tree :D

King Barry's Back
11/27/2009, 12:41 AM

We all must bear our crosses in a season such as this.

IGotNoTiming
11/27/2009, 09:13 AM
You my friend are the HERDER OF LOST SOULS..... It is a burden indeed but one apparently you were destined to fulfill. I would suggest drinking early and often tomorrow... the fact that they don't drink makes it even more important.... minutes before you need to purge... drink an entire bottle of red #5 food dye....

Choose your target wisely....

Scott D
11/27/2009, 05:24 PM
You should ask your mother why she apparently has no shame. ;)

Soonerwake
11/27/2009, 07:37 PM
My aggy brother went all high-and-mighty on me yesterday. We are only a favorite because the oddsmakers are biased, easiest bet all year, blah, blah...

Then, threw out the ultimate - Pokes will win by 17, no problem. I told him I would take OU +14 for $100. He shut up...

Damn, we better win tomorrow. Christmas will be absolute hell if not. :(

sooner518
11/27/2009, 09:27 PM
A&Ms D gave up 65 to us.....nuff said

StoopTroup
11/27/2009, 09:56 PM
If he gets much more mouthy....remember throat punch then tazer. ;)

westcoast_sooner
11/28/2009, 06:51 PM
Guess I was vindicated today. Step-dad hasn't talked to me since the game started. LMAO.

Great job DEFENSE!!!!

Piware
11/28/2009, 06:53 PM
Looks like Mr. Mouthy Poke owes you some money. Tell him you want large bills. :P

delhalew
11/28/2009, 06:56 PM
There's that D you tried to tell him about.

olevetonahill
11/28/2009, 08:02 PM
Guess I was vindicated today. Step-dad hasn't talked to me since the game started. LMAO.

Great job DEFENSE!!!!

After the Game Ya should have chugged a Brew
Broke the Bottle On the Bumper on his car
Jumped on the Hood and took a Good whiz

Jes sayin :D

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2009, 09:45 PM
Walk about the house mumbling "Did I just hear the sound of tearing nut-sack skin?" Yeah I know it was done to a texas fan. It might be good for some fun. Try it.