OUHOMER
11/26/2009, 08:26 PM
I dont think they have any money for anybody else

olevetonahill
11/26/2009, 08:36 PM
What Homer said

King Crimson
11/26/2009, 08:39 PM
polls on CU boards run about 85% that CU made the wrong decision for 2010. not a popular move...with the fans.

Scott D
11/26/2009, 10:07 PM
Well the problem for those fans is that Hawkins is impressing and making happy the right people in regards to keeping his job.

Collier11
11/27/2009, 12:37 AM
Yea the school cant afford to pay him off and hire someone else, I doubt it is at all about faith in the job he has done

OUstud
11/27/2009, 12:58 AM
Will they be able to afford the hit in season ticket sales/renewals?

VA Sooner
11/27/2009, 08:24 AM
The fans will be there... in the beginning. But I can only imagine how ugly they'll get with their own players and coaches as the season wears on.

CU can't afford Hawkins' buyout. He'll be coach as they secretly start to recruit for another head coach for 2011 when the buyout expires.

Which would be the only thing that saves Weis and company at Notre Dame... the buyout is phenomenal and it should be the AD that gets fired for making such an asinine deal.

badger
11/27/2009, 08:31 AM
We all remember the Big 12 championships with that school - NO FANS. They brought a tiny little cheering section that probably consisted of player parents and people that hated OU posing as fans of the team we were playing against.

So anyway, regardless of how well or how bad Colorado is doing, the fans really don't seem to care.

Can you imagine an announcer telling Owen Field when to chant "Boomer" and when to chant "Sooner?" That was how the Colorado announcer was before our game there in 2003 or so. "Now spell Colorado!" C! (drums) O! (drums) L! ... now spell it faster! C! O! L! O! R! A! D! O!"

And the crowd STILL didn't participate. lol

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 08:45 AM
We all remember the Big 12 championships with that school - NO FANS. They brought a tiny little cheering section that probably consisted of player parents and people that hated OU posing as fans of the team we were playing against.

So anyway, regardless of how well or how bad Colorado is doing, the fans really don't seem to care.

Can you imagine an announcer telling Owen Field when to chant "Boomer" and when to chant "Sooner?" That was how the Colorado announcer was before our game there in 2003 or so. "Now spell Colorado!" C! (drums) O! (drums) L! ... now spell it faster! C! O! L! O! R! A! D! O!"

And the crowd STILL didn't participate. lol

Most of them are too drunk to know what's going on. CU has had decent college football history, but they are overshadowed by the Denver Broncos in that area.

Jacie
11/27/2009, 09:21 AM
They were saving their energy to cheer for when Ralphie runs onto the field . . .

OUHOMER
11/27/2009, 09:54 AM
yep,I went to that game and was wondering what happened to their fans. it had to be embarrassing to the team.

King Crimson
11/27/2009, 10:00 AM
Most of them are too drunk to know what's going on. CU has had decent college football history, but they are overshadowed by the Denver Broncos in that area.

this. and it's even worse than that. CU football runs about 5th at best in the Denver media market. plus, you have an unusually large % of out of state students at CU who move back home to Chicago, New England, NY or California after graduation. additionally, the Denver/Boulder area is full of transplants who still pull for their old teams....so, the "CU demographic" is heavily diluted compared to comparable metropolitan areas with the state's public university nearby.

kevpks
11/27/2009, 05:36 PM
A little while ago on Chicago sports radio they ran through some of the great press conference moments from the Big XII. I just love that Hawkins clip: "It's division one football. It's the Big XII...Go play intramurals brother...go play intramurals."

silverwheels
11/27/2009, 05:43 PM
I've been saying that they don't have the money to fire him and his staff and bring in a new one. There is some decent talent in Boulder, but he can't get them to win, and most CU fans don't really care as long as they can still get high and/or drunk afterward.

StoopTroup
11/27/2009, 06:10 PM
FWIW...I think they are doing the right thing. He had that period where his kid was there and I think that might have gotten him off to a rocky start. Although I hate Boulder and the fans...I think Colorado is good for the Big XII and it's ashame they have not been more competitive in the last couple of years.
"He has done all that we have asked him to do, and although we all desire more victories, we also recognize starting over with a new coach right now takes us away from, not closer to, our goals for CU football."

King Crimson
11/27/2009, 07:41 PM
Hawkins teams look a lot like John Blake teams to me.