PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma vs Navy

Blues1
11/26/2009, 09:11 AM
Do You Love "The Triple Option....??"
You might see a lot of it on December 30th......

CBS ~ Bowl Conference ties Projected matchup

Dec. 19 New Mexico Bowl Mountain West vs. WAC UCLA* vs. Fresno State
Dec. 19 St. Petersburg Bowl Big East vs. C-USA South Florida vs. UCF
Dec. 20 R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl C-USA vs. Sun Belt No. 1 Marshall. vs. Troy
Dec. 22 MAACO Las Vegas Bowl Mountain West No. 1 vs. Pac-10 No. 4 BYU vs. Stanford
Dec. 23 Poinsettia Bowl Mountain West vs. Pac-10 Utah vs. Arizona
Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl C-USA vs. WAC Southern Miss vs. Nevada
Dec. 26 Emerald Bowl ACC No. 7 vs. Pac-10 No. 5 Florida State vs. California
Dec. 26 Meineke Car Care Bowl ACC No. 6 vs. Big East Miami vs. West Virginia
Dec. 26 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl Big Ten No. 7 vs. MAC Notre Dame* vs. Central Michigan
Dec. 27 Music City Bowl ACC vs. SEC Boston College vs. Tennnessee
Dec. 28 Independence Bowl Big 12 No. 7 vs. SEC No. 8 Iowa State vs. Arkansas
Dec. 29 Champs Sports Bowl ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4 or 5 North Carolina vs. Northwestern
Dec. 30 EagleBank Bowl ACC No. 8 vs. Army or C-USA Northern Illinois vs. East Carolina
Dec. 30 Pacific Life Holiday Bowl Big 12 No. 3 vs. Pac-10 No. 2 Nebraska vs. USC
Dec. 30 Roady's Humanitarian Bowl Mountain West vs. WAC Wyoming vs. Idaho

**Dec. 30 Texas Bowl Big 12 vs. Navy or C-USA Oklahoma vs. Navy (accepted)

Dec. 31 Armed Forces Bowl Mountain West vs. C-USA Air Force vs. SMU
Dec. 31 Brut Sun Bowl Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12/Notre Dame Oregon State vs. Missouri
Dec. 31 Insight Bowl Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6 Minnesota vs. Texas A&M
Dec. 31 Chick-fil-A Bowl ACC No. 2 vs. SEC Clemson vs. Georgia
Jan. 1 Outback Bowl Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Wisconsin vs. Kentucky
Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2 Penn State vs. Ole Miss
Jan. 1 Gator Bowl ACC No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12/Notre Dame Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati
Jan. 2 AutoZone Liberty Bowl C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC No. 6 Houston vs. South Carolina
Jan. 2 International Bowl Big East vs. MAC No. 4 or 5 UConn vs. Ohio
Jan. 2 AT&T Cotton Bowl Big 12 No. 2 vs. SEC Oklahoma State vs. LSU
Jan. 2 Papajohns.com Bowl Big East vs. SEC Rutgers vs. Auburn
Jan. 2 Valero Alamo Bowl Big Ten No. 4 or 5 vs. Big 12 No. 4 Michigan State vs. Texas Tech
Jan. 6 GMAC Bowl ACC vs. MAC Middle Tennessee* vs. Temple
Jan. 1 Rose Bowl BCS - Big Ten vs. Pac-10 champion Ohio State vs. Oregon
Jan. 1 Sugar Bowl BCS - SEC champion** Alabama vs. Pitt
Jan. 4 Fiesta Bowl BCS - Big 12 champion** Boise State vs. Iowa
Jan. 5 Orange Bowl BCS - ACC champion** Georgia Tech vs. TCU
Jan. 7 BCS National Championship BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2 Florida vs. Texas

StoopTroup
11/26/2009, 09:16 AM
Which means aggie goes down and Boise goes to the Fiesta.

OU and give the points?

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2009, 01:38 PM
The irony would be immense, especially if they put it on us.

But that is not possible, since everyone knows that you cannot run a triple option anymore. Defenses too fast. The Navy coach is simply misguided, so someone in here should call him and straighten him out.

StoopTroup
11/26/2009, 01:41 PM
If it pans out...we might as well get this out there right now. You know it's coming....:D

InBXu-iY7cw

IronHorseSooner
11/26/2009, 01:48 PM
We have a Navy Captain who looks like that guy at USCENTCOM (sans the beard). The only thing is that he is an FSU grad.

TMcGee86
11/26/2009, 10:10 PM
man I hope this happens. Granted it's the worst possible bowl, but it would mean I actually get to see them in a bowl game, which would be the only good thing to come out of this season.

Scott D
11/26/2009, 11:01 PM
somehow that projected cotton bowl matchup makes me snicker quite a bit.

Mac94
11/26/2009, 11:57 PM
I seriously doubt that the Insight and Independence would pass on a 6-6 OU team (assuming a loss to oSu in this senario) in favor of us (A&M) and especially a 6-6 Iowa St. squad. Oklahoma has way to much of a brand name for those bowls to pass on.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:37 AM
Cool while Our team is puttin it on Navy
we as Fans can "RIDE the WAVES ":hot:

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 08:20 AM
If it is Navy, it might be a good thing for next year. We start off the season with USAFA, another service school and option team. It would be a great chance to go over that with the young guys on the defense.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2009, 10:26 AM
The irony would be immense, especially if they put it on us.

But that is not possible, since everyone knows that you cannot run a triple option anymore. Defenses too fast. The Navy coach is simply misguided, so someone in here should call him and straighten him out.

exactly...everybody knows that one team killed that offense forever over 20 years ago...

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2009, 11:06 AM
Will Navy even be able to score on us?

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 11:09 AM

They darn near beat tOSU in Columbus. It took an intercepted 2-point conversion by the tOSU defense to seal the deal.

Blues1
11/27/2009, 11:14 AM

From what I've seen of Navy this Year --- Yep.......!

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2009, 11:37 AM
You have not been paying attention. Navy runs that obsolete triple option. We all learned from countless internet posters long ago that you cannot run the triple option anymore. Defenses are too fast. So to beat OU, Navy is simply going to have to run something else, like the spread.

Can they get a new offense installed in time?

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 11:43 AM
If they were to beat us, it would be a banner year for them. They would have beaten two of the most storied programs of all time in the same season, as well as their hated rival, Army.

That all being said, and I say this as a Sooner and an Army Officer, we need to beat the living daylights out of them. If we don't, I will have to hear it forever!

Blues1
11/27/2009, 12:02 PM
You have not been paying attention. Navy runs that obsolete triple option. We all learned from countless internet posters long ago that you cannot run the triple option anymore. Defenses are too fast. So to beat OU, Navy is simply going to have to run something else, like the spread.

Don't tell that to Ohio State and ND....

I don't think Navy can beat OU -- But I do think they can score some points on almost anyone --- 7 ~ 10 ~ 13 ....??

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 12:06 PM
Again, the good thing about this is that the last game of this year, and the first one next year are carbon copies: option-running service academies. Therefore, this should build for the opening of next year.

Jacie
11/27/2009, 12:56 PM
man I hope this happens. Granted it's the worst possible bowl, but it would mean I actually get to see them in a bowl game, which would be the only good thing to come out of this season.

Not that it could happen since it is a bowl with both teams having conference tie-ins but do you really think there is anything worse than playing the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho?

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2009, 01:53 PM
Let's see... if OU plays Navy, then the entire country will look upon a Navy win as a feel-good moment as the underdog beats the big baddie.

Oh yeah, that's who we'll play alright.

Johnny Utah
11/27/2009, 02:05 PM
Let's see... if OU plays Navy, then the entire country will look upon a Navy win as a feel-good moment as the underdog beats the big baddie.

Oh yeah, that's who we'll play alright.

Yeah I don't see many positives coming out of this matchup ... why can't OU get a big 10 or acc team?

VA Sooner
11/27/2009, 08:21 PM
We fell too far down the ladder.

I see us in the Texas Bowl as well... another lose-lose situation in a bowl game.

silverwheels
11/27/2009, 08:40 PM
Heh, a couple of years ago, I was playing NCAA against one of my friends. He took OU, so I took Navy. He quit in the 3rd quarter when I was up by 40-something points.

TMcGee86
11/27/2009, 09:08 PM
Not that it could happen since it is a bowl with both teams having conference tie-ins but do you really think there is anything worse than playing the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho?

Yeah I meant worst possible that we could play in. Not worst overall bowl.

Hmanitarian has to be tied for worst with whatever the one played in Detroit is called.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 09:29 PM
Cool while Our team is puttin it on Navy
we as Fans can "RIDE the WAVES ":hot:

Guess some of Yall are to young
Here Ill explane my Humor :P :D

http://www.bluejacket.com/usn/posters/post_navy_waves2.jpg

Scott D
11/27/2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah I meant worst possible that we could play in. Not worst overall bowl.

Hmanitarian has to be tied for worst with whatever the one played in Detroit is called.

now that's painful that you'd rate the one in Toronto as being higher than the one in Detroit.

King Barry's Back
11/27/2009, 10:25 PM
now that's painful that you'd rate the one in Toronto as being higher than the one in Detroit.

I don't know anything about the games, but I'd a heckuva lot rather visit Toronto than Detroit.

royalfan5
11/27/2009, 11:22 PM
Guess some of Yall are to young
Here Ill explane my Humor :P :D

http://www.bluejacket.com/usn/posters/post_navy_waves2.jpg

My Grandma was a Wave :mad:

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 11:34 PM

:P :P :P :P :P :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2009, 11:44 PM

And at the time Vet thought she was a nice younger lady.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 11:48 PM
And at the time Vet thought she was a nice younger lady.

heh
I didnt RIDE em all:D

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah...Some of them rode you right?

olevetonahill
11/28/2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah...Some of them rode you right?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Scott D
11/28/2009, 01:37 AM
I don't know anything about the games, but I'd a heckuva lot rather visit Toronto than Detroit.

Yeah I can see that people would flock to see this stellar matchup

Jan. 2 International Bowl Big East vs. MAC No. 4 or 5 UConn vs. Ohio