PDA

View Full Version : FWIW, despite the bad luck season

Collier11
11/25/2009, 11:22 PM
We are still listed as #5 in recruiting on Rivals...also, 14 of our recruits are listed as a 4.5 or faster, I realized that HS times are often not accurate but regardless it looks like our coaches have targeted speed big time this year

We also have 5 OL recruits and I would have to imagine we will target a few Jucos

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 12:34 PM
In order to have both some continuity and quality depth in 2010 and 2011, think we will need the following out of our last 5 recruits:

2 OL: Brandon and Jeffries are the only 2 seniors next year. We probably need one Tackle and one guard from the JUCO ranks.
1 DT: This would be to shore up the line after Taylor leaves in 2010. The guy who would interest me is Mathis from Blinn.
1 WR: Target #1 would be Darius White. If you don't get him, then get Mathis's Blinn teammate Dexter Ransom.

The last recruit should be viewed like the way some teams view the draft, just take the best player available. If that is Jeffcoat, take him. If that is David Oku, then he's your guy. If those guys are gone, I might go look at an in-state, or even Kansas, under-the-radar guy. I guy who busts his arse, but doesn't get the hype like some of the aforementioned guys. As we all know, Sam was a 3-star local kid whose dream it was to put on a Sooner jersey. The 2000 team was filled with guys like that (Thatcher, Anderson, Burcham, Duncan, Ferguson), and look how that turned out. That's why I believe that Haywood and Wilson are going to be the steals of this class. Two local kids who have talent ,and who, like Sam, are living their dreams to be Sooners.

westcoast_sooner
11/30/2009, 11:36 PM
I've heard rumors that the coaching staff will look at JUCO ranks to try and shore up the OL class. Personally, I think if we can find a couple extra O linemen from the JUCO ranks it would help build depth and get some experience that we didn't have this year.

Collier11
11/30/2009, 11:43 PM
Stoops said today in a conf call that he is looking to add 2 or 3 Juco guys and he expects 5 or 6 HS seniors to enroll early, obviously he cant say who due to NCAA guidelines but I think Blake Bell is the one that we want in, if for no other reason to push the other two guys