PDA

View Full Version : A poke I know

OUDoc
11/25/2009, 02:41 PM
said he bought cheap OU/osu tickets on ebay.
He's a poke, so he's probably full of ****. However if this is true, cheap tickets = lots of tickets for sale = lots of OU fans not going to the game.

Tell me this isn't true.

SoonerBorn
11/25/2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-sports-ou-fans-down-story,0,4405265.story

Instead of scrambling to find tickets for this weeks Bedlam game, many of the fans we spoke with are trying to get rid of them.

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2009, 03:32 PM
Sorry piece of **** bandwagoners. If you don't go and sell your tickets to a poke, you officially suck.

badger
11/25/2009, 03:54 PM
You can get em on Stubhub for $49 each.

I bet NP and I could scalp cheaper ones in Norman.

And to think - a few months ago we were debating getting season tix just to make sure we didn't pay the same price for Bedl@m tix that we did for the Tech game last year ($125 each for endzone seats). Scalpers were charging insane prices that day - $300 each for nosebleed seats! I think made a scalper angry that day because he though I was laughing at his prices (I might have smiled a little).

Anyway, I don't fault anyone for selling tix. I won't mess with your money.

yermom
11/25/2009, 04:11 PM
they aren't moving fast on eBay... looks like pairs are hovering at like $50

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 04:15 PM
they aren't moving fast on eBay... looks like pairs are hovering at like $50

I just looked and Decent seats are Hittin the 150 er so mark
EZ and Corners are cheaper

Phil
11/25/2009, 04:22 PM
This crap galls me to no end. Hell, leave the seats empty before you sell them to Aggy.

yermom
11/25/2009, 04:24 PM
i'm sure it doesn't help that it's Thanksgiving weekend

i really dislike having a game this weekend, in general

it's better when we play them on Halloween

Boomer.....
11/25/2009, 04:37 PM
This is sad. :(

flopshotjoe99
11/25/2009, 04:44 PM
sad news, the folks that sit next to us haven't been to the game since the UT mess. Luckily it's always a different OU family in attendance.

StoopTroup
11/25/2009, 04:47 PM
This crap galls me to no end. Hell, leave the seats empty before you sell them to Aggy.

I hope we're both not divorced after this weekend. :D

Jdog
11/25/2009, 04:53 PM
I'll be there ---Boomer Sooner

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 06:24 PM

I hope we're both not divorced after this weekend. :D

If My Back would Hold Up Id be there.
But at Least My son and Granddaughter . And I just found out My ex Son in law and My Grand son will be there :D :cool:

OUHOMER
11/25/2009, 07:59 PM
I thought i heard on the radio the osu did not sell their allotment and sent tickets back. You would think they would have snapped them up.

i would give mine away before i sold them to an osu fan

FaninAma
11/25/2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry guys. I broke down and sold a couple of
unused tickets to an aggie this week. I wonder
when he will discover they were to the TAMU game
2 weeks ago.

Soonerwake
11/25/2009, 08:13 PM
The fact that I will probably have the most obnoxious, smelly, Ginger-looking poke fan sitting near me is sickening. I can handle Tulsa, K-State, or whoever fans all day before I can take one of those smug a**holes with their Tech guns up and Kansas waving wheat. Absolutely sickening...:mad:

But, I will be there to support the boys in crimson anyway. I may need large doses of OVJ this week.

Fiatil
11/25/2009, 08:17 PM
I've seen ads on campus this week with people selling their student tickets for $15-$20. Kind of sad.

Sooner24
11/25/2009, 08:59 PM
The OSU fans will feel right at home being in a stadium that isn't full.

StoopTroup
11/25/2009, 09:24 PM
Sorry guys. I broke down and sold a couple of
unused tickets to an aggie this week. I wonder
when he will discover they were to the TAMU game
2 weeks ago.

Let me know if he needs two more.

Jdog
11/25/2009, 09:54 PM
If My Back would Hold Up Id be there.
But at Least My son and Granddaughter . And I just found out My ex Son in law and My Grand son will be there :D :cool:

If the kids are young suggest to your son and ex son in law take them over to the locker room after the game to get autographs. It pretty cool to watch - Most of the players are great.

11/25/2009, 10:33 PM
We'll be fine. I figure people are just trying to break even on their tickets when they realize they can't afford them. I don't believe it is that OSU fans can suddenly appear to afford them better than we can... probably more like they are willing to spend more to watch the game live.

Sad, but true.

We, as fans, tend not to accept the mediocre. It has been proven across history of OU's past. I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing.

11/25/2009, 10:46 PM
I seem to remember us losing to Mississippi in Shreveport 25-27. We were all ELATED that we just made it to a bowl. These things are very cyclical. I have no doubt we'll be back within 2 years.

We've just got used to being at the top again. It simply won't happen that way every year for us no matter how much we'd like it.

11/25/2009, 11:16 PM
Doc, you know a poke.

Just sayin.

MamaMia
11/25/2009, 11:58 PM
I just ended up with a son who has to work at the last minute so I decided to sell mine for face value. They're on the 42 yard line 29 rows up though. Of course I would give them away before I would sell them to a poke. :)

OKC-SLC
11/26/2009, 12:25 AM
We, as fans, tend not to accept the mediocre.

I'd love some mediocre OU football right about now.

That said, I'd be there if I wasn't 2000 miles away. I made it to the aTm game and there were actually some empty seats for that one.

Sooner24
11/26/2009, 12:37 AM
I'd love some mediocre OU football right about now.

That said, I'd be there if I wasn't 2000 miles away. I made it to the aTm game and there were actually some empty seats for that one.

Where are you at that would put you 2000 miles from Norman?

OUBookbabe
11/26/2009, 01:55 AM
Go ahead and jump off the bandwagon now. I WILL be there Saturday.

soonerborn30
11/26/2009, 02:34 AM
I can't blame people for trying to sell tickets. It's close to Christmas, it's gonna be colder than a well digger's arse, and we're 6-6. Not a whole lot to get excited about for Joe OU Fan. While we'd like every fan in that stadium to be die hard, Crimson and Cream-decorated-bathroom kind of people, some are just casual fans, and the casual fans are boning out on us. I don't blame them one bit.

yermom
11/26/2009, 02:47 AM
we aren't 6-6 yet :mad:

King Barry's Back
11/26/2009, 07:27 AM
If I lived a little closer to Norman than Germany, I would be there desperately screaming for this team to please not lose to OSU.

But, on the other hand, last week I saw the team quit on the fans and the state, so if the fans quite on them -- I'm not blaming anybody.

Those players will have to reap what they sew.

If they want the glory heaped on them, they'd better make an effort to earn it.

Mind you, I'm not saying this in regards to a 6-5 record, I am saying it regards to a team of quitters.

VA Sooner
11/26/2009, 08:38 AM
No reason to be 6-6... defense will bounce back after that butt-kicking.

No way we lose to the Pokes... Sooners by at least 10.

Boomer!

kingswitz
11/26/2009, 08:58 AM
I can't blame people for trying to sell tickets. It's close to Christmas, it's gonna be colder than a well digger's arse, and we're 6-6. Not a whole lot to get excited about for Joe OU Fan. While we'd like every fan in that stadium to be die hard, Crimson and Cream-decorated-bathroom kind of people, some are just casual fans, and the casual fans are boning out on us. I don't blame them one bit.

The local weatherman is saying 63 degrees at kickoff and 68 by the end. :hot:

StoopTroup
11/26/2009, 09:00 AM
Bloody Mary's will keep you warm.

btk108
11/26/2009, 09:19 AM
Bloody Mary's will keep you warm.

I'm thinking Bloody Beer...

Lott's Bandana
11/26/2009, 11:05 AM
Even in good seasons, there are bail-outs on this particular weekend.

And when I've replayed every game and the TV cameras have shown the student section, I have felt dismayed at the lack of butts in the seats.

Full stadium, empty student section.

I've often wondered why our student's are so apathetic. It is really noticeable when traveling to road games...the other team's students usually are quite loud and organized.

Ok, I know we have done just fine without them, but still curious.

soonerborn30
11/26/2009, 07:29 PM
we aren't 6-6 yet :mad:

Whoops. My bad. I meant 6-5. Last I heard it was supposed to be cold. But then again, I tend to ignore the weather guys anyway.

:gary:

soonerborn30
11/26/2009, 07:34 PM
Even in good seasons, there are bail-outs on this particular weekend.

And when I've replayed every game and the TV cameras have shown the student section, I have felt dismayed at the lack of butts in the seats.

Full stadium, empty student section.

I've often wondered why our student's are so apathetic. It is really noticeable when traveling to road games...the other team's students usually are quite loud and organized.

Ok, I know we have done just fine without them, but still curious.

I think a lot of it has to do with these kids not thinking it's "cool" to get excited about the game. I sneak down there every once in a while since my seats are so close and all I hear are their plans after the game, the gossip from the latest frat party, etc. Plus, half of them are too drunk to be organized about much of anything besides where to get the next Pocket Shot.[

sooner59
11/26/2009, 07:59 PM
It might be cold around 8 or 9 am, but it tends to warm up as the sun rises...

Tear Down This Wall
11/26/2009, 11:49 PM
I gave my away to a cousins - one went to OU, the other to OSU. I should have paid them to take them.

OKC-SLC
11/27/2009, 12:24 AM
Where are you at that would put you 2000 miles from Norman?

I rounded. Reno, NV. 1700+.

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:25 AM
I gave my away to a cousins - one went to OU, the other to OSU. I should have paid them to take them.

Great Fans Like you are Hard to Find
Signed
A Flying Dickwheel

MrJimBeam
11/27/2009, 07:06 AM
There are always a lot of Aggies at the game when it's in Norman, won't be anything new.

It's not like thier crowd noise will make us jump offsides........oh, wait.