TE - All American, Top 10 NFL pick, key to running and passing game, key OL
OL - Tackle - a piece out of an inexperienced line
OL - Center - more OL trouble
OL - see above
DE - All American, All B12, key leader
DT - Granger injury last year is a killer -- imagine him with McCoy on the DL
DT - late injury
LB - Reynolds again

That is nine, count 'em nine starters, three of which were All Americans. So, call it excuses if you like, but imagine Florida, Alabama, TCU, Texas, etc. with nine starters gone, including their top three players. Anyone argues that is not significant is an idiot.

Now, with that said, that does not over ride the fact that OU is 19-16 away from Norman since 2005 (yes, 2 of those losses were the results of game changing calls at the end of the contest). The injuries also do not over ride the fact of poor OL and WR depth at a top five program, nor do they counter the lack of creativity and adjustment on offense.

But, it is my opinion that with 9 starters not out, we win most of the games that were lost this year. Especially, the Texas game. Does Texas go undefeated without Colt, Shipley, and Kindle? Doubtful, even with their cupcake schedule this year.

So, buckle up your whining chinstraps, and beat OSU.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/25/2009, 01:07 PM
I completely agree. That has been my argument to several fans. It's not sunshine pumping, it's facts. The injuries are key to the losses this year, and the thing is, all but one of the losses we were in great position to win.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/25/2009, 01:26 PM
Kindle not so much, I haven't heard of Kindle doing much this year? He has not lived up to Orakpo (sp?)!! But pony boy or his BFF that would be a killer! Just looked what happened a couple years ago when Colt went down a loss to aTm and K-State. I think that Earl Thomas or Muckelroy would be a bigger loss on D! IMO the coaches are at fault as much as the injuries? It's not just this year it's the last 5! It has just been magnified this year? With that being said I'll give myself a GARY !!! :D

:gary:

badger
11/25/2009, 01:32 PM
No offense, but do we need these threads after every loss? It's like depressing and stuff :(

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/25/2009, 01:37 PM
I completely agree. That has been my argument to several fans. It's not sunshine pumping, it's facts. The injuries are key to the losses this year, and the thing is, all but one of the losses we were in great position to win.

I do agree with everyone that, yes, these injuries are devastating to our team and would be to any team but when all but one of those losses we had a chance......that's where I question the coaching calls. We haven't won a close one all year and many have questioned the coaching staff and rightfully so. I know that anytime we're in a close game I just don't get that positive feeling that we are going to pull this one out because of our recent history in close games. How great would it be instead of talking about how horrible the injuries have been to have it be a side note to the fact we've pulled out all these close games and are in position to win the big 12 for a 4th straight year despite all the negative that's happened? 4 losses by 12 points......I really wish we could be celebrating how great of a job our coaching staff has done with dealing with all the adversity this year.

flopshotjoe99
11/25/2009, 01:42 PM
like Stoops said, it's like we had 2 graduating classes in a row. Hard to overcome so many key injuries.

VA Sooner
11/25/2009, 01:48 PM
Tons of injuries and still with a winning season... so far.

Rivalry game in our own backyard and with the backups having some experience. Rachet up the intensity, play some smash-mouth football and improve our home streak to 30.

OU by 10.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/25/2009, 02:10 PM
Rachet up the intensity, play some smash-mouth football.

OU by 10.

That would be great if we would try this I haven't seen it all year? Seems like every time we run the ball it on a zone or stretch play? I don't think this line is capable of doing this?

:gary: