PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate ala Agroid

C&CDean
11/25/2009, 11:28 AM
No, the world is not over, and yes, we will be having a tailgate this weekend.

This final weekend of the STSNBM (season that shall not be mentioned) will be capped off with our final tailgate. Details are as follows:

Breakfast - biscuits and gravy, perhaps some other animal by-products, donuts, pastries, etc. Juices, but no coffee. If you want coffee, you need to bring it.

There will be the normal variety of beers, soft drinks, etc. We will also have some bloody mary and screwdriver makings available if you desire something a little stouter to drown your miseries.

Of course the highlight of this final tailgate is the drawing for the most excellent Sooner memorabilia Sir Homeslice has provided for your raffleing pleasure. You can still purchase your raffle tickets at the tailgate all the way up to the time of the drawing.

The tailgate will begin at 0900. The raffle should be somewhere around 1030 or so.

If you would like to bring something, anything breakfasty would be great. We will not be providing any after-game food (other than breakfast levtovers) but we will still have the drinks for a while after the game.

setem
11/25/2009, 12:15 PM
I truly enjoy the word Breakfasty! It is just fun to say! BREAKFASTY!

There is a coffee roasting company here in OKC called Elemental Coffee Roasters and they trying to get up off the ground. They make a damn fine bean if you ask me. If I can convince them to come would it be okay if they showed off what they have? They were at Mesta Festa this year an event known for all-you-can-drink beer and folks were sampling their coffee just as much as they were tossing down suds. I think this would be a sampling type thing so they would not be selling it to us. A little of this stuff goes a long way and damn it is good. They have 2 distributors in Nompton so they may put some adverts out and that is it. Can I put out the feelers or no?

I'm gonna be there Saturday(I am obligated to be there not because I am a true fan but because I have never seen OU lose at home and I bring my good luck with me) but I just wanted to say thank you for making game days special. This has been a terrible year for football and my family but for 1 day a week I get to escape the pain of losing my mother and the of the BS in life. You do a wonderful job and I know my sister and her family and my friends always enjoy the delicious food and drink you guys provide. We cannot thank you enough for the job you guys do.

Every season there is always some good memory I can take away form the TG's and hold onto. This year's memory was Homey jumping on my friend's friend's *** for using the porta-****ters HAHA! His name was Phil and I am not gonna lie he looks like a queer and he was a last second addition. Neither Ross or I wanted the dude to come and not because we didn't like the guy but because Ross wanted me to use his ticket instead of sitting in the student section. But Homey jumped his *** good and was hell bent on charging the poor bastard 5 dollars! I also won a bet that day with my buddy Ross! He bet me a drink at the bar that I couldn't eat 3 biscuits without taking a drink. I DID IT! I got to know StoopTroup better this year. He and I are in the same place right now because we both have lost someone very dear to us and I am glad that I could hear what he had to say and give him some of the kind words that most all of you have given me! Just wish I could have seen that Hillbilly Vet! Even though this has not been a great season I have enjoyed every minute of every tailgate and I know 2010 will be just a great and I look forward to seeing the regulars and it is always nice to see some new faces...even if Homey does try to charge them for using the terlets! You guys have helped me in ways you will never know and I am truly thankful!

P.S. I may make a video this year but it is going to be hard to put one together that is not wrist slashing depressing. Not many highlights this year! Oh and I forgot about almost getting KNIFED when walking back to the TG from Campus Corner...GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!

Soonerwake
11/25/2009, 02:22 PM
No, the world is not over, and yes, we will be having a tailgate this weekend.

This final weekend of the STSNBM (season that shall not be mentioned) will be capped off with our final tailgate. Details are as follows:

Breakfast - biscuits and gravy, perhaps some other animal by-products, donuts, pastries, etc. Juices, but no coffee. If you want coffee, you need to bring it.

There will be the normal variety of beers, soft drinks, etc. We will also have some bloody mary and screwdriver makings available if you desire something a little stouter to drown your miseries.

Of course the highlight of this final tailgate is the drawing for the most excellent Sooner memorabilia Sir Homeslice has provided for your raffleing pleasure. You can still purchase your raffle tickets at the tailgate all the way up to the time of the drawing.

The tailgate will begin at 0900. The raffle should be somewhere around 1030 or so.

If you would like to bring something, anything breakfasty would be great. We will not be providing any after-game food (other than breakfast levtovers) but we will still have the drinks for a while after the game.

JLew and I are staying until every last bit of alcohol is gone. Especially if things go bad.

Soonerwake
11/25/2009, 02:22 PM
And, great job again Dean. Kudos to you and the Mrs.

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 02:37 PM
JLew and I are staying until every last bit of alcohol is gone. Especially if things go bad.

You sure about That ?????

my kids coming up with a Gal. Of the OVJ :cool:

Soonerwake
11/25/2009, 03:29 PM
You sure about That ?????

my kids coming up with a Gal. Of the OVJ :cool:

Maybe I'll just bring a jar. JLew will wimp out on the OVJ anyway.

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe I'll just bring a jar. JLew will wimp out on the OVJ anyway.

:D

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 04:00 PM
OVJ
A Tail Gate Tradition since 08 :cool:

StoopTroup
11/25/2009, 04:49 PM
Whatever amount of OVJ is left...I'm sure Doleo will polish it off. He'll have until the Bowl Game to get over it. :D

OVJ
A Tail Gate Tradition since 08 :cool:

A damn good tradition. Kudos to Olevet for supplying the Tailgates with the nectar of the Hillbilly Gods.

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;2775965]Whatever amount of OVJ is left...I'm sure Doleo will polish it off. He'll have until the Bowl Game to get over it. :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"That shat Is Spiked with sumpun ":D

Soonerwake
11/25/2009, 07:47 PM
Whatever amount of OVJ is left...I'm sure Doleo will polish it off. He'll have until the Bowl Game to get over it. :D

A damn good tradition. Kudos to Olevet for supplying the Tailgates with the nectar of the Hillbilly Gods.

Agreed. Here's to ya, OleVet...

cburgsooner
11/26/2009, 08:43 PM
Well if i would had known sooner that overlet was the keeper of the Ovj , my tickets would had cost his son more or at least a Jug LOL

the_ouskull
11/26/2009, 09:32 PM
Whatever amount of OVJ is left...I'm sure Doleo will polish it off. He'll have until the Bowl Game to get over it.

Bowl game? You're being awfully optimistic, aren't you? I thought that bowls were rewards for a season well-played...

My bad, I totally forget from time to time that we now live in an over-saturated, entitled society who not only felt like we needed MORE bowls, but will also allow 6-6 teams to play in them. Didn't a team with a losing record go bowling recently?

Sometimes, it takes the holidays to remind me how much I am really starting to hate what our country is irrevocably becoming... d*mn it.

If I wake up in time, I'll see you guys there. I'm going to bed now. F*ckin' holidays...

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
11/27/2009, 04:56 PM
BTW...we're having Bloody Mary's and the liquor store closes at 9pm Skull. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZzhKqCSNjzw/SdNkBzHmq_I/AAAAAAAAJFQ/69eaf0GxCjo/s400/Picture+37.png

StoopTroup
11/27/2009, 09:18 PM
4 Quiche in the oven babay!

picasso
11/27/2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry we've missed so many games this year.:(

Next season the baby will be game ready!

btk108
11/28/2009, 12:47 AM
ST....ur not supposed to say "oven" and "baby" in the same sentence

bri
11/28/2009, 01:40 AM
P.S. I may make a video this year but it is going to be hard to put one together that is not wrist slashing depressing. Not many highlights this year! Oh and I forgot about almost getting KNIFED when walking back to the TG from Campus Corner...GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!

Dude, if I could fill a one-hour playback show with highlights from the likes of the Nebraska and Tech games, then you can cobble together a 5-minute video.

Amateur. :D

setem
11/28/2009, 02:16 AM
Dude, if I could fill a one-hour playback show with highlights from the likes of the Nebraska and Tech games, then you can cobble together a 5-minute video.

Amateur. :D

You know you sat behind me at the last home game? You cracked my *** up all game long!

bri
11/28/2009, 10:07 AM
You should sit in the control room while we make a playback show sometime. The worse we played, the funnier we are.

StoopTroup
11/28/2009, 11:01 PM
aggies....quiche my ***! :pop:

btk108
11/29/2009, 04:30 PM
aggies....quiche my ***! :pop:

:D