PDA

View Full Version : Our Next Two Games Could Be Our Biggest in Years...

Blues1
11/24/2009, 12:44 PM
I don't expect this to be a Popular post. I just want to get this off my chest **Now** rather than later....

Our next 2 games - oSu and a Bowl game (Where ever it is..?)
Could define our Program for years to come.....

The Sports Press would Love to talk up anything Negative about OU...
(Aka ESPN)

What's at Stake ~~~~!

Bob Stoops and OU a Winning Season or.....?
Can't Win Big Game Bob or ....(Can't Win Little Minor Bowl Game Bob)..?
Top Future Recuits or .....?
Our Home Winning Record Goes On ~~` Or....?
oSu First BCS Bowl Bid Or......?
oSu top BCS Ten Finish ~~ Or...?
A possible Top 25 Finish for OU at 8 and 5 (# 24 or 25) Or......?

My Point is There is STILL Lots To Play for......

Just Sayin' ~~~ We Gotta Keep Rockin'

Denton_Sooner
11/24/2009, 12:49 PM
Agreed....

Earlier this week there was a thread about post-BCS game participants and the following seasons record.. FSU/NEB/OUx2 (including this year) were the worst.

FSU/NEB have yet to fully recover but OU (after 2005) did...

Bob recovered once, and winning these next 2 will go a long way toward doing it again!

btk108
11/24/2009, 12:50 PM
Define our season and situation...yes. The program...NO. It's been a crappy year. We've had other crappy years and they didn't define our program, they were just a wake up call. Everybody from Boren to the fan screaming at the TV knows things will have to change and they will.

TUSooner
11/24/2009, 12:51 PM
You're probably exaggerating (like I have done recently, to be fair). I think it would take more than 2 losses, even in a bad season and even with OUr recent history of "not succeeding" in the national spotlight, to harm the progam significantly.
I personally pledge to play as hard as I can in OUr next two games, and not to throw any interceptions, fumble the ball, or miss any blocks or tackles. ;)

rawlingsHOH
11/24/2009, 12:52 PM
Only thing that matters right now is keeping alive the Nation's Longest Home Winning Streak!

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2009, 12:58 PM
I suspect if we look back in a couple of years, these 2 games won't really make much difference. The recruiting aspect is big, but many folks here have pointed out that the W/L record of a particular year doesn't reflect that years class. I have no doubt that Bob sports a good sized ego and would love to keep his winning season string intact. As for me, Joe Fan, there is reason to care any time the pokes step onto our field. I have a sister who went there and I don't want that post game call. I hope Bob knows that.

MojoRisen
11/24/2009, 01:10 PM
The home streak is huge, and we have arguably the number 1 recruiting class coming in and I would like to keep every single one of them! I am not sure what happened to Wilson this year but we scored over 700 points last year and are a shell of that. He needs to step up, we got a new kicker

Just think of the momentum and ranking if we had a kicking game this year. We could be 10-1 and in the top 10. We are not that far off with all the talent we have, this was a tough year and the kicking game cost us! Neither of our ship guys have the cahunas to make big kicks and often missed them badly! Not talent with them but absolutely in thier respective heads.

StoopTroup
11/24/2009, 01:23 PM
Only thing that matters right now is keeping alive the Nation's Longest Home Winning Streak!

Exactly. SPEK

MyT Oklahoma
11/25/2009, 12:10 AM
F U OSU or in other words "Take no prisoners".

soonermagic14
11/25/2009, 03:24 AM
The home streak is huge, and we have arguably the number 1 recruiting class coming in and I would like to keep every single one of them! I am not sure what happened to Wilson this year but we scored over 700 points last year and are a shell of that. He needs to step up, we got a new kicker

Just think of the momentum and ranking if we had a kicking game this year. We could be 10-1 and in the top 10. We are not that far off with all the talent we have, this was a tough year and the kicking game cost us! Neither of our ship guys have the cahunas to make big kicks and often missed them badly! Not talent with them but absolutely in thier respective heads.

I agree....the kicking game hurt us and killed momentum at times. We do have a really good class coming in.

MamaMia
11/25/2009, 03:42 AM
This

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/25/2009, 10:46 AM
Totally agree that keeping the streak alive is the main thing but as far as recruiting goes.....maybe the lack of depth shown on the O line and the receiving woes will entice top guys in who want to play early because they believe they can get on the field and contribute early. But as far as the last two games, the home streak is all that matters because recruiting has all but been completed.

flopshotjoe99
11/25/2009, 10:52 AM
i've never made the drive back to Dallas after watching OU lose at home in the 4 years i've had season tickets & I don't plan on it Saturday!!

Mile High Sooner
11/25/2009, 04:23 PM
What's at Stake ~~~~!

A possible Top 25 Finish for OU at 8 and 5 (# 24 or 25) Or......?

Just Sayin' ~~~ We Gotta Keep Rockin'

That's some powerful belief ya got goin' there...

We'd have to post A&M type of scores to get back into the Others Receiving Votes at the bottom of the polls.

As mentioned above, just keeping the home winning streak is a huge V for a season where, as Buck Owens sang, If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

yermom
11/25/2009, 04:25 PM
i've never made the drive back to Dallas after watching OU lose at home in the 4 years i've had season tickets & I don't plan on it Saturday!!

yeah, no one else seems to want to come this week either :(

;)

11/25/2009, 11:14 PM
We came back from freaking Blake..

We WILL come back. THEY TERK ER JERBS!!!