PDA

View Full Version : Only 38% of Americans favor Obama-care

Okla-homey
11/24/2009, 08:01 AM
The other 62% are intelligent.;)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

OUHOMER
11/24/2009, 08:26 AM
I dont likey, I havent seen anything that will contain cost,
A doctors visit may be covered by insurance companies or the government option, But i dont see where the cost of the visit goes down.

but i see my taxes going thru the roof to pay for it. And if there is a public option , i see my employer paying the penalty vs paying for my insurance

TUSooner
11/24/2009, 09:33 AM
You know it's not a good plan when it can only be passed with promises, threats and arm-twisting. When some tells you, "This is a great deal but you have to take it or leave it RIGHT NOW," you're better off leaving it.

Here's my plan, which I have painstakingly considered for many seconds:

1. A gubment option is OK IF it is a break-even proposition, and everyone knows up front that non-essential care WILL BE rationed to control costs. That will provide a safety net but not an incentive for going on the health-care dole. In other words, a bare-bones gubment option should be available but unattractive.

Give significant tax breaks to employers who provide coverage for their employees, and under no circumstances tax employees' health benefits. It keeps the essential market component in play.

In other, other words... I got nuthin...

Condescending Sooner
11/24/2009, 10:04 AM
If they go ahead and pass it, it just shows you they are not that concerned with what their constituents want, but have some sort of agenda.

OUHOMER
11/24/2009, 10:06 AM
I guess abortion is a big sticking point in all the bills being discussed.

but wouldn't it be considered an elective surgery unless the mothers health is a stake? Do current health care plans pay for it now?

JohnnyMack
11/24/2009, 10:13 AM
Give significant tax breaks to employers who provide coverage for their employees, and under no circumstances tax employees' health benefits. It keeps the essential market component in play.

Good luck with that.

I mean I agree with you, but that's not how these guys operate.

OklahomaTuba
11/24/2009, 05:42 PM
The good news is that if this whole medical care take over thing doesn't work out, Obama has the success of his porkulus bill to fall back on.

Oh, wait...

Chuck Bao
11/24/2009, 06:30 PM
I don't really care what the other 62% think. The most pressing need in this country is health care reform, in my opinion. It is definitely not fighting global terrorists. More Americans die each year and more financial hardship brought to bear by crazy prices for medical services than would ever be killed or hardship placed on them by a terrorist attack on US soil.

The usual refrain of get a good job with health benefits rings hollow in the current economic environment. Many US companies are already cutting medical insurance benefits because of the cost, or worse yet exporting US jobs overseas.

The ringwing nutjobs can just say live a healthy life and don't get sick. We have finite fiscal income and I vote and will continue to vote for a revised system that gives us at least a little social safety net without having to plea for mercy.

Wasn't there one popular poster asking for prayers for his grandniece here recently? Think about that and how you'd feel about a very small child not getting adequate health care because of the cost. It's obscene.

There are some tough decisions that need to be made. The drug companies, the medical profession and the insurance companies eventually have to reign in the runaway costs. I would rather not have the state enter in and start negotiatng prices, but if they have to, so be it.

walkoffsooner
11/24/2009, 08:24 PM
I would like to know what % understands it.

JohnnyMack
11/24/2009, 08:35 PM
I don't really care what the other 62% think. The most pressing need in this country is health care reform, in my opinion. It is definitely not fighting global terrorists. More Americans die each year and more financial hardship brought to bear by crazy prices for medical services than would ever be killed or hardship placed on them by a terrorist attack on US soil.

The usual refrain of get a good job with health benefits rings hollow in the current economic environment. Many US companies are already cutting medical insurance benefits because of the cost, or worse yet exporting US jobs overseas.

The ringwing nutjobs can just say live a healthy life and don't get sick. We have finite fiscal income and I vote and will continue to vote for a revised system that gives us at least a little social safety net without having to plea for mercy.

Wasn't there one popular poster asking for prayers for his grandniece here recently? Think about that and how you'd feel about a very small child not getting adequate health care because of the cost. It's obscene.

There are some tough decisions that need to be made. The drug companies, the medical profession and the insurance companies eventually have to reign in the runaway costs. I would rather not have the state enter in and start negotiatng prices, but if they have to, so be it.

I'm a big fan of healthcare reform. The bill that has been presented is not reform, it's a gigantic overreach on the part of the federal government. It won't curtail costs or work at making our society make decisions that lead to them living healthier lives that make them less dependent on insurance. What's been proposed is an expensive entitlement program that does nothing to encourage personal responsibility.

JLEW1818
11/24/2009, 08:41 PM
good point JM

OUHOMER
11/24/2009, 08:54 PM
I'm a big fan of healthcare reform. The bill that has been presented is not reform, it's a gigantic overreach on the part of the federal government. It won't curtail costs or work at making our society make decisions that lead to them living healthier lives that make them less dependent on insurance. What's been proposed is an expensive entitlement program that does nothing to encourage personal responsibility.

YEP! yep!

OUHOMER
11/24/2009, 08:57 PM
If they were serous wont they bane cigarettes. I mean its one of the leading causes of death!

Chuck Bao
11/24/2009, 09:14 PM

Fine. That is your opinion, but it is not mine. I cannot stand it if US citizens, especially children, are being allowed to die in this modern age because their parents have no health care coverage. IF they included only children in that state plan, I would be happy. IF the state would underwrite medical practice insurance, I would be happy. If the state would negotiate with the pharamaceutical companies and get some of the huge discounts offered to other countries instead of gouging US people, I would be happy.

Scott D
11/24/2009, 09:52 PM
As someone currently without health coverage, they can go ahead and get me a cell ready in Leavenworth, because I don't see how the public option is any better than the piece of **** my employer offers me just to say that they offered me insurance.

Okla-homey
11/24/2009, 11:53 PM
Fine. That is your opinion, but it is not mine. I cannot stand it if US citizens, especially children, are being allowed to die in this modern age because their parents have no health care coverage.

Oklahoma children are most definitely NOT "being allowed to die" because their parents lack health insurance.

http://www.okhca.org/individuals.aspx?id=124

The use of hyperbole like saying people, "especially children, are being allowed to die in this modern age because their parents have no health care coverage" doesn't really advance the cause for Obama-care.

yermom
11/25/2009, 12:13 AM
I would like to know what % understands it.

i doubt many of the ones voting for or against it know that much about it either

soonerbrat
11/25/2009, 09:35 AM
I have a .pdf copy of it if anyone wants to read it.

TUSooner
11/25/2009, 09:41 AM
Said elsewhere: Ideology rules while reason drools! Fools!

Chuck Bao
11/25/2009, 04:18 PM
Oklahoma children are most definitely NOT "being allowed to die" because their parents lack health insurance.

http://www.okhca.org/individuals.aspx?id=124

The use of hyperbole like saying people, "especially children, are being allowed to die in this modern age because their parents have no health care coverage" doesn't really advance the cause for Obama-care.

I now apoligize that I was wrong. And, I am very, very happy to be wrong. So, infants whose parents do not have insurance will get their medical bills fully paid for if they apply to the right place? Their children received the best possible care and treatment? Seriously, that is good news. Apparently, I let some bad experiences to cloud my judgement.