PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion

soonerboy
11/24/2009, 06:24 AM
On what the game atmosphere at Memorial Stadium will be like.

MamaMia
11/24/2009, 06:57 AM
crazy... as usual. The team obviously needs our help more than ever and we will give it to them. I have ESPN, therefore I will openly predict that the fans will get a game ball.

Just because we had a sucky season doesn't mean we aren't totally annoyed that the pokes are on our turf.

soonerboy
11/24/2009, 07:18 AM
I think we need a little more crazy, like ape s*** crazy

OUHOMER
11/24/2009, 07:45 AM
We will be loud and proud......

EnragedOUfan
11/24/2009, 08:18 AM
Like it always is. Loud, 80,000 plus, and an extremely great environment to be in. Man I wish I could be in Oklahoma this weekend........

OUDoc
11/24/2009, 09:04 AM
I think it will be TTech crazy like last year. We get to be the spoilers this year. As much as that sucks, it's still something to motivate players and fans.
Plus, the home winning streak MUST stay alive.

TXBOOMER
11/24/2009, 09:57 AM
If the D shows up (and I believe they will) it will be crazy.

King Barry's Back
11/24/2009, 10:12 AM
I think it will be TTech crazy like last year. We get to be the spoilers this year. As much as that sucks, it's still something to motivate players and fans.
Plus, the home winning streak MUST stay alive.

Protecting the "winning streak" is contrived and just doesn't matter to me. And being a "spoiler," of OKLAHOMA STATE's season, just makes my stomach turn.

I just care about winning our games.

Does nobody else care about that?

ADs_Agent
11/24/2009, 11:54 AM
I'm going to be wild. I might just roam the stadium punching random Cowboy fans in the face/genitalia

OUDoc
11/24/2009, 12:01 PM
Protecting the "winning streak" is contrived and just doesn't matter to me. And being a "spoiler," of OKLAHOMA STATE's season, just makes my stomach turn.

A winning streak is a winning streak. And a win. So it satisfies both needs.

Spoiler sucks, but so does our season. Nothing is going to change that at this point. Winning out would ease the pain. Trampling O-state's hopes would be icing on the cake.

You look for hope where you can find it.

OUDoc
11/24/2009, 12:02 PM
I'm going to be wild. I might just roam the stadium punching random Cowboy fans in the face/genitalia

Most of the guy's will be paired up like that anyway. One hit will get you a 2-for-1.

mehip
11/24/2009, 12:05 PM
I'll be there and I am pretty sure I'll be hoarse before the end of the first quarter. Hopefully I won't be the only one.

KantoSooner
11/24/2009, 12:09 PM
The mood will be angry, sullen, a bit peeve-ish, really. I foresee individuals breaking into bereft laughter at early, mindless procedural penalties; and later flailing at each other in outbreaks of senseless violence for no reason at all.

Alcohol will be consumed in heroic quantities by disconsolate fans. Retie your shoes before venturing into Norman that day; you never know when you might need to move briskly and keep your footing.

The mood will be ugly and my own dyspepsia will be in evidence. Still, the thing must be done. We must, and will in HIS name (Barry), slaughter the pokes like the dull beasts they are.

ADs_Agent
11/24/2009, 12:38 PM
Most of the guy's will be paired up like that anyway. One hit will get you a 2-for-1.

HA! :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/24/2009, 01:36 PM
If the fans aren't crazy as **** I'm gonna be VERY disappointed.

tommieharris91
11/24/2009, 02:28 PM
I expect 85,000 orange clads in Norman, cheering against OU. These were once OU fans, but they've decided that OU needs to lose out for things to get better.

StoopTroup
11/24/2009, 02:45 PM
If we don't get up on them and beat the carpolla out of them in the 1st half....and it goes the otherway....the stands will be empty of crimson shirts in the 4th qtr is my guess. Of course I don't see that happening. I see some guys who want starting jobs next year playing to the death.

cwood60
11/24/2009, 02:47 PM
Sec 20, Row 58 will be loud and proud

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 02:48 PM
I think the stadium should be half-full and laughing at halftime when Branzac Weedinson is down 42 points.

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 02:53 PM

So chasing an NCAA-record, embarassing Poke fans yet again, keeping the intimidation factor alive and well in Norman, never having to listen to "16-13!!!" trash-talk ever again and seeing much-needed improvement for 2010 doesn't matter to you?

Ever think there might be another Ryan Broyles, Curtis Lofton or Demontre Hurst sitting on the Bed-lame fence awaiting head-to-head results?

MyT Oklahoma
11/25/2009, 12:05 AM
I can only hope that with it being Senior Day.. Bedlam.. and the last regular game of a frustrating season that the hometown fans will be loud and proud and the team will respond to the same. I could be wrong but I really doubt it.

Or in other words.. let's just take it all out on the Cowboys this weekend.

btk108
11/25/2009, 12:07 AM
Just saw on channel 4 the puke fans are TRYING to buy tickets in the OU sections to stir up shat....How freakin stupid are these ppl?

SoonerBacker
11/25/2009, 12:10 AM
They're oSu fans - and you ask "How freakin stupid are these ppl?"
Aggie Stupid!

MyT Oklahoma
11/25/2009, 12:11 AM
^^ Well.. yeah. :D

soonerboy
11/25/2009, 12:17 AM
they're trying to stir up s***? wow never thought they would try to do that

OUDoc
11/25/2009, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a good way to stir up ambulance bills for the pokes.
After the season we've had, we're not in the mood.

VA Sooner
11/25/2009, 02:12 PM
Bob has called out for our help (yesterday's Daily Oklahoman article) in the stands, just like he did for Texas Tech last year.

Let's do it again! UPSET!!!

soonerboy
11/25/2009, 02:23 PM
Lets do it!!!

boomerborn79
11/25/2009, 03:56 PM
I hope it's as loud as TT last year. I hope everyone stops by starbucks and gets all amped up on caffiene. Don't see too many people drinking beer that early.

Pricetag
11/25/2009, 05:15 PM
Bob has called out for our help (yesterday's Daily Oklahoman article) in the stands, just like he did for Texas Tech last year.

Upset? You're rooting for OSU?

yermom
11/25/2009, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a good way to stir up ambulance bills for the pokes.
Cha Ching!

:D

SoonerBacker
11/25/2009, 05:49 PM
I know there are going to be a lot of pukes there. What I'm wondering is whether they will actually come proudly displaying their orange gear, or leave it under wraps hoping to have a lead late in the game so that they can pull off their neutral colored jackets to show that they were puke fans all along

stoopified
11/25/2009, 06:06 PM
I know there are going to be a lot of pukes there. What I'm wondering is whether they will actually come proudly displaying their orange gear, or leave it under wraps hoping to have a lead late in the game so that they can pull off their neutral colored jackets to show that they were puke fans all alongFunny how before the TT game osu returned tickets and now they think tney can WIN,they want tickets.This win will be SWEET.

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 06:38 PM
I expect 85,000 orange clads in Norman, cheering against OU. These were once OU fans, but they've decided that OU needs to lose out for things to get better.

Ya prolly right Bro
The few Sooner Fans that aint fell off the Band wagon prolly sold their tickets to Pokes :eek:

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 06:41 PM

UPSET? we favored By 8 er so :D

silverwheels
11/25/2009, 06:55 PM
OU fans are apparently selling their tickets and OSU fans are buying them. I don't think it will be a great atmosphere, at least for us.

VA Sooner
11/26/2009, 09:10 AM
Upset? You're rooting for OSU?

I was going by BCS/AP rankings.

Saw the line updated by Vegas... 10 points. That's more like it.

RESPECT.

VA Sooner
11/26/2009, 09:12 AM
UPSET? we favored By 8 er so :D

Olevet... just saw the line this morning... Vegas says OU -10.

Agreed. Defense steps up, Box ends up stuffing the Big 12's number 1 run offense and keeps Robinson pressured all night for sacks and INTs.

Only wish I could be there in the stands with the rest of the loyal fans.

Crimsontothecore
11/26/2009, 09:30 AM

Here's what I care about. I care about making sure those inbred, sheep humping, bait shop working, confederate flag waving, toothless, god awful orange wearing, garth loving, drunken coach loving, justin boot wearing, sister dating, wrasslin loving, jealous kid brother acting wannabe's learn beyond any shadow of a doubt that when they have their most senior laden and experienced team and are in the midst of one of their three best seasons ever, that they are still going to lose to a Sooner team gutted by injury having their worst season in 11 years.

Sooner70
11/26/2009, 10:32 AM
I hope it's packed & rockin' like it was for TT last year, but all that don't make a damn bit of difference if the same bunch that "showed up" at Lubbock takes the field Sat. If the Sooners put forth such a poor, unfocused, and lacksadasical effort as that, the crowd will fall silent (except for the Cowboy fans) and the Cowboys will have a field day.

Maybe we can kick field goals now, though.

Sure hope OU decides they want to win this thing. I think they can, but it's gonna be tough. OSU is a good team & if they're hitting on all cylinders & Robinson is back....hard to stop. Need to cover passes over the middle.

soonermagic14
11/26/2009, 10:45 AM
be loud and proud of OUr boys....it's been a rough year for them. I cant think of a better way to end this crazy regular season than with a win over the Pokes. Keep the home winning streak alive...protect the family!

Happy Thanksgiving Sooner fans!

OUmillenium
11/26/2009, 11:32 AM
I've got a feeling it won't be crazy but I hope it is. 9.5 point favorites says a lot about how much better we are at home.

King Barry's Back
11/26/2009, 11:59 AM
So chasing an NCAA-record, embarassing Poke fans yet again, keeping the intimidation factor alive and well in Norman, never having to listen to "16-13!!!" trash-talk ever again and seeing much-needed improvement for 2010 doesn't matter to you?

Ever think there might be another Ryan Broyles, Curtis Lofton or Demontre Hurst sitting on the Bed-lame fence awaiting head-to-head results?

I don't think winning streaks matter. I mean, they are good, because it means you are winning. So I like to have them. But let's face it, "home winning streak" at Oklahoma = we play TX in Dallas.

All the other things come with winning the game. Why isn't that reward enough? And I can't believe that the mighty Oklahoma Sooners are being motivated by the desire "ruin" the season of those retarded little rural cousins up north.

Isn't having the best season possible FOR US enough? Guess not

And don't think that beating OSU one more time is going to shut them up about 16-13. Hell, they're still proud about 12-0.