PDA

View Full Version : decline bowl equal to my turkey fryer

soonerchris
11/24/2009, 02:04 AM
Follow along.....
Start of the season new o-line, but we should be really good- wife has idea of deep fry, never done it should be good.

Oh snap...injuries!!! Oh snap...friggin peanut oil 27.00 for 3 gallons, of course I need 4, so I get to buy another friggin case of oil

Idiot wants us to give up a bowl game.... Wife wonders if idea of turkey is actually worth it.

What is this crap you ask??? CONSPIRACY!!!! Why cheat OUr players out of what they earned? After the fryer fiasco I'm eatin a friggin deep fried turkey and OU goes to a bowl game

tommieharris91
11/24/2009, 02:23 AM
Deep fried turkeys are really good though. You gotta watch the fryer thought, unless you like burning whatever surface the fryer is on.

soonerchris
11/24/2009, 02:29 AM
Sooners are good too... This season hasn't been a total loss. Funny how people judge without considering the effect of it

King Barry's Back
11/24/2009, 02:40 PM
Sooners are good too... This season hasn't been a total loss. Funny how people judge without considering the effect of it

Elaborate, please.

StoopTroup
11/24/2009, 02:42 PM
Look up turkey frying fire on youtube.

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 02:46 PM
:les: FIRE TEH TURKEY!!!!111!!11

sooner59
11/24/2009, 03:10 PM
Venables burnt the turkey!!

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 05:15 PM
:mack: IS PEANUT OIL THE ANSWER?!?!?!

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 05:16 PM
OUR FRYER HAS NO HEART!!!111!1 [hairGel]

swardboy
11/24/2009, 05:32 PM
When the oil costs six times more than the turkey (got mine for 40 cents/lb.) then it's not worth it.....can't think of football analogy. Bane me....

soonerchris
11/25/2009, 01:17 AM
There's a difference between having a opinion and judging somebody. Whorns suck. That's of course fact and my opinion! Taking that farther and saying every whorn fan is scum of the earth and should suffer because of their whorn assoc is judging a group with a broad stroke. I'm sure there are outstanding whorn citizens. Yes I care how the season turned out but I care more about showing my support as a SOONER and letting the seniors especially know I appreciate all they've done for the program. In 3 years from now if things are like michigan then ill let that senior group know how I feel. Saying stoops should turn down a bowl is disrespectful to the young men we cheer and jeer on saturdays

yermom
11/25/2009, 01:31 AM
i'm pretty sure choosing to be a wh0rn is enough of a character flaw

it's not like people are born that way

soonerchris
11/25/2009, 02:29 AM
Heh heh

RedstickSooner
11/25/2009, 11:00 PM
When the oil costs six times more than the turkey (got mine for 40 cents/lb.) then it's not worth it.....can't think of football analogy. Bane me....

Yer doin' the math wrong, Sward.

Cheap-assed turkey + expensive frying == delicious

Cheap-assed turkey + boring broiling == same dried out junk mom used to make.

Plus it's a lot more work to broil, what with basting & brining & all. Frying is fast, easy, and wicked dangerous. Talk about your triple-threat.

But, really, you're overlooking the *correct* math here.

Cheap turkey + some friend who is frying *their* turkey and wouldn't mind throwing yours in afterward == delicious *and* cheap. Since I don't care for house fires, and everyone fries turkeys down here, that's the system I used for a couple years.

Lately I just buy 'em from Belue's, because some things benefit from a professional touch. And I'm lazy.

guzziguy
11/26/2009, 09:21 AM
Around here the designated fryer puts the word out to the neighborhood that the oil will be hot at _____. Other turkeys are welcome as long as they bring beer. Makes for a great neighborhood party before the official parties.

btk108
11/26/2009, 09:27 AM
my dayum turkey fryer is in a tree stand....bastid!

OUmillenium
11/26/2009, 11:37 AM
My cooker is for the cajun boil and will never take part in this turkey frying you upper class speak of!

"Come and see the violence inherit in the system!"

GottaHavePride
11/26/2009, 03:07 PM
About 6 or 7 years ago now we had a Superbowl party and deep-fried two turkeys. The first turkey out of the fryer was really good. The second turkey out of the fryer was a turkeygasm. Holy crap, amazing.

soonerchris
11/27/2009, 02:11 AM
I don't think I've ever had a juicer better tasting turkey and I still have my eyebrows!!!!! This thread started with an analogy so here's another. Football season seems to go by so damned fast. Just like my fryer cooking turkey. After its done is when you really slow down and enjoy it. Remember when reynolds hit mccoy for a loss and came up with the upside down whorn signs facing the whorn bench? Or murrays head over hills flip into the endzone? I guess it depends on what kind of flavor you inject into the turkey, er season, to make it turn out outstanding. Depending upon taste of course.

prrriiide
11/27/2009, 02:01 PM
Oil shall never visit the pot of my turkey fryer. It is reserved exclusively for more Bacchanalian pursuits. Tomorrow, a Red Ale.