PDA

View Full Version : Should David Boren cancel the football program?

rainiersooner
11/23/2009, 11:46 PM
I mean what is the point in playing any more football games after the Tech game? I really doubt we will ever find guys to block on the O Line, Landry sucks, and our receivers can't catch. OSU is now a better program than OU. Texas has won more national championships. I say we pack it all in now, before things get worse.

yermom
11/23/2009, 11:48 PM
can i get a refund on my OSU tickets?

soonerboy
11/23/2009, 11:49 PM
I really hope this is a joke

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 11:50 PM
Makes sense to me.

olevetonahill
Dayum Skippy
Ive been advocating gettin a Championship caliber Team in this Fer years

Now is the Time to Just ferget Football and get this Going

http://www.adventshop.co.uk/acatalog/TiddleyWinks_L.jpg

btk108
yermom...give them to me

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 11:51 PM
can i get a refund on my OSU tickets?

No we need to Money to fund the

rainiersooner
11/23/2009, 11:52 PM
I want my money back for my degree.

rainiersooner
11/23/2009, 11:53 PM
I really hope this is a joke

It could be. Or it could be a call for TIDDLY WINKS!!! BAHAHAHA.

setem
11/23/2009, 11:55 PM
I LOVE DAVID BOREN!

sooner59
11/23/2009, 11:55 PM
I bet Sam Bradford is awesome at

I bet he still has eligibility for the spring tournaments!

MamaMia
11/23/2009, 11:58 PM
Should David Boren cancel the football program? No but after this season he needs to put a muzzle on Molly and open the bar back up in the Kerr McGee Club.

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:07 AM
I bet Sam Bradford is awesome at

I bet he still has eligibility for the spring tournaments!

Hes Great at every thing else
I bet he can gets a MNC his yr

tommieharris91
11/24/2009, 12:16 AM
Mods should sticky this thread.

sooner59
11/24/2009, 12:18 AM
Hes Great at every thing else
I bet he can gets a MNC his yr

You think he will win the Heisman of Tiddly Winks, too? :D

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2009, 12:18 AM
I smell a thumb injury brewing.

sooner59
11/24/2009, 12:20 AM

NOOO!!! Don't say that!

My fantasy Tiddly Winks teams needs to draft him!!! :mad:

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:25 AM

What Im sayin
best thread of the week

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:25 AM

You bastage :eek: :D

batonrougesooner
11/24/2009, 12:33 AM
I agree. I think they should just tear down the football stadium and plant a garden.

MamaMia
11/24/2009, 12:45 AM
I agree. I think they should just tear down the football stadium and plant a garden. This made me think of when the fat people on The Big Loser show all went to the White House to work in the vegetable garden.

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:50 AM
I agree. I think they should just tear down the football stadium and plant a garden.

NO way

Just envision the Tables we can set up on the field fer the Tiddly Winks
Man I bet we would have to expand the seating fer the crowds

tommieharris91
11/24/2009, 12:56 AM
NO way

Just envision the Tables we can set up on the field fer the Tiddly Winks
Man I bet we would have to expand the seating fer the crowds

I know Bruce. He'll spring for an expansion.

Funky G
11/24/2009, 01:10 AM
Yes, cancel the program immediately after the bowl game, and resume in August.

sooner59
11/24/2009, 01:16 AM

BETTER: World's Largest Tiddly Winks stadium!

Think of what it would do for recruiting! :pop:

RedstickSooner
11/24/2009, 01:59 AM
I can't decide which is sillier: Threads lamenting that the sky is falling, or threads making fun of those threads.

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 02:04 AM
I can't decide which is sillier: Threads lamenting that the sky is falling, or threads making fun of those threads.

These threads are Far sillier http://denisewymore.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

Than these :D

http://www.thevancouverite.com/pictures/nelson-muntz.gif

sooner59
11/24/2009, 02:57 AM
These threads are Far sillier http://denisewymore.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

Than these :D

http://www.thevancouverite.com/pictures/nelson-muntz.gif

I nominate this for post of the day!:D

TUSooner
11/24/2009, 09:08 AM

Hear him!

I think rather than cancel the whole program, we should just look into dropping down to Div. III. We could stomp on Yale and Harvard !

OUDoc
11/24/2009, 09:38 AM

Why? Mack would just out-recruit all our flowers from us.

Soonersince57
11/24/2009, 11:07 AM

Don't forget the fountain.

TMcGee86
11/24/2009, 11:37 AM
We don't have the swagger for tiddly winks. Haven't had it in a long time. Not since the undefeated tiddlywinks season of ought two.

Now, if we could maybe get some bracelets made, that would be a different story, but until then...

StoopTroup
11/24/2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe we can just tear the whole "Football Deal" down and return all that stuff from the past that we've collected along the way....that way nobody will get some crackpipe idea to try and revive it.

It would be great. Then we can get the South Oval really rolling again.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/24/2009, 04:21 PM
Wait...we play football??? Screw that! Build the Tittly Winks Stadium!

OUHOMER
11/24/2009, 09:53 PM
Well according to Wikipedia, its an indoor game, Were going to have to dome in the stadium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiddlywinks

CrimsonJim
11/24/2009, 10:16 PM
Well according to Wikipedia, its an indoor game, Were going to have to dome in the stadium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiddlywinks

Then make it so!! Domed it is.

Crucifax Autumn
11/24/2009, 10:31 PM
I nominate this for post of the day!:D

I second that motion!

setem
11/25/2009, 12:55 AM
Tiddly Winks shiddly winks! We need to form a beer pong team! We could recruit right on campus(believe you me we have some blue chipper right in our own backyard) and **** I might just be good enough to win the Heisman Trophy or whatever the equivalent would be for BP! If we are really bad and lose...we could just apply for medical redshirts after the fact due to beer ****s, AA or hangovers! Also it is a sport when you are done there is a better than good chance you will get some strange!

badger
11/25/2009, 09:40 AM
I want my money back for my degree.

I am sorry, rainier, but each and every University of Oklahoma diploma clearly says in big letters "NO REFUNDS."

Here, let me show you your diploma so you can be reminded:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2vmt000.jpg

See? NO REFUNDS!

badger
11/25/2009, 09:43 AM
Ah, now see if I had just read the entire thread I would have posted Rainer's bachelor's degree in tiddly winks theology!

rainiersooner
11/25/2009, 10:08 AM
Badger - that was awesome! I'm going to print it out and frame it! Lol.

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/25/2009, 10:36 AM
We could always use Everest as our Tiddly Winks training facility. You know, to work out those thumbs and prevent any carpal tunnel. While we're at it, we can just use LNC as our temporary home game facility while we dome in Memorial. If we're done with football, we may as well be done with bball as well since we can't get anyone to watch the games there. But oh they will show up for Tiddly Winks

badger
11/25/2009, 10:42 AM
The fans will never start the third quarter wave if there's a tiddly winks match going on.

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 10:54 AM
Plus then they Can Stay seated and quite
and No one will Bitch about it either way

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2009, 01:10 PM
Re: Tiddleywinks

The first serious trans-Atlantic contact was established in 1972, when a team from MIT toured the UK. The success of the Americans shocked complacent Britons.

I wonder if the Britons blamed the players or the assistant coaches. Maybe the British coaches were overpaid and had grown lazy with success. Hmmm....

stoopified
11/25/2009, 05:49 PM
I mean what is the point in playing any more football games after the Tech game? I really doubt we will ever find guys to block on the O Line, Landry sucks, and our receivers can't catch. OSU is now a better program than OU. Texas has won more national championships. I say we pack it all in now, before things get worse.The tone seems to be arcastic and Ihupe it is.If however you are serious ,this is the STUPIDEST post in history.

olevetonahill
11/25/2009, 06:27 PM
Re: Tiddleywinks

I wonder if the Britons blamed the players or the assistant coaches. Maybe the British coaches were overpaid and had grown lazy with success. Hmmm....

They prolly wanted every one even the water Boys Fired

The tone seems to be arcastic and Ihupe it is.If however you are serious ,this is the STUPIDEST post in history.

Sarcasm at its Best :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/25/2009, 06:58 PM
What would be awesome would be if Stoopified's scattergun was loaded with teddleywinks.

ouduckhunter
11/25/2009, 07:10 PM
Our mascot could be Tiddly Winky Tinky from the Teletubbies! ;)

rainiersooner
11/25/2009, 07:46 PM
The tone seems to be sarcastic and I hope it is. If however you are serious, this is the STUPIDEST post in history.

The soul searching should not end with James Patton. Everyone is accountable. If Boren is not willing to cancel the football program, then Gov. Henry should cancel the University of Oklahoma itself: close the doors, send the kids home.

OklahomaRed
11/26/2009, 11:49 AM
Hey, Texas A&M and Baylor still play football. Tell them to move over cause the "big dog is movin' in". :D Don't get me wrong. Regardless of our record, our coaches, and our attendance to games I will always be a Sooner through thick and thin. I'm just saying you guys that like to get on everyone's case about their "the sky is falling" attitude are just as hard headed about not wanting to keep an open mind. We could be moving in the same direction as Penn State or Florida State? Maybe we're not.

I'm taking it one game at a time. Let's see how we do against the scum sucking orange this weekend. Let's see how we do in our bowl game. Let's see how next year goes. I'm just saying those of you who have already punched 100% of the coaching staff's ticket for really lucrative salaries for eternity are being just as blind.

I think what some people might be attempting to say, before everyone on this board shouts them down, is that if OU keeps heading in this direction, which yes, it did start with the inability to win several major bowl games, some of which were for the National Championship, then our coaching staff "might", just "might" need to consider what changes could be made to get OU back to another title.

Is there something wrong with that type thinking? It turns my stomach sour to think that we may not beat Texass for another 5 years? Mac-daddy don't seem to hesitant to make changes on the fly. Let's not get so "happy" with ourselves that we fail to set our sites on the TITLE EVERY YEAR.

Sooners through thick and thin!!!! :D

I'm putting my crimson shades back on now and getting ready for our boys to kick some pokes arses' this Saturday!!!

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2009, 01:46 PM
I think what some people might be attempting to say, before everyone on this board shouts them down, is that if OU keeps heading in this direction, which yes, it did start with the inability to win several major bowl games, some of which were for the National Championship, then our coaching staff "might", just "might" need to consider what changes could be made to get OU back to another title.

I think the coaching staff we have now is just fine. Seriously.

When things go bad, everyone wants people fired. But I don't see any changes we can make that will really make a difference. It really is up to the players.

Remember, every Horn fan wanted Greg Davis fired. When they won the national title, they gave all the credit to VY because they didn't want to credit Greg Davis. Well, VY is gone now and UT could end up playing for the national title once again (and came within one bad defensive play of playing for it last year as well). Offensively, they have been consistently good over the last five years with Greg Davis, VY or no VY.

Let the coaching staff do its job.

recemp
11/26/2009, 03:04 PM
Northwestern is closer for me. If Illinois beats them at anything they chant "that's alright, that's O.K. You're going to work for us some day" 27,000 strong!
On the other hand North Park College just got new bleachers....