PDA

View Full Version : be honest - how much football do you watch?

PDXsooner
11/23/2009, 11:12 PM
on a given saturday, how much college football do you actually watch? i watch bits and pieces of espn gameday in the morning, then do errands for the 9 am games (west coast time) -- may tune in for the end if they're close. throughout the day i'll watch a few plays here and there of games and tune in at the end if they're close.

the only games i'll watch the majority of are OU games and the later games - 5 -7 pm kickoff if they're compelling.

my brother in law watches almost non-stop from 7 am until the highlights are over - never gets up other than to eat or crap. amazing.

just curious what others are doing...

setem
11/23/2009, 11:17 PM
OU football games are what I am dedicated to. I like watching marque college games with my buddies but I really could care less. I hate pro football so I hardly ever watch it. I have tried to get into it and AD was as good a reason as any but it just is not the same as college football and the Sooners!

ndpruitt03
11/23/2009, 11:20 PM
Depends on what games or on. If there are only Big 10 games on I generally turn it off. But there's usually some game online somewhere I watch. PAC 10 games have been the most fun games this year. I generally watch from about 11 AM-till all the games are done around midnight so that's around 13 hrs.

yermom
11/23/2009, 11:24 PM
i'll watch what i can during the day. it's certainly less than it was now that i don't have away game days to veg around the house

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 11:24 PM
I watch every Minute Of any and all OU games.
If we are winning and High in the Poles Ill watch the competition

But this year after Our games . I pretty much just curl up on the couch and pull the Blanket over my head :eek:

setem
11/23/2009, 11:29 PM
I watch every Minute Of any and all OU games.
If we are winning and High in the Poles Ill watch the competition

But this year after Our games . I pretty much just curl up on the couch and pull the Blanket over my head :eek:

You have a couch? I thought it was some sacks of grain or whatever you hillbillies sit on!

I also do not feel like I deserve the sun to shine on me when OU gets whoopes. I can take a loss if we gave a good showing and looked like we gave it all out there but sometimes we take a big dump and it never smells good!

btk108
11/23/2009, 11:31 PM
up in the morn to watch gameday.....then whoever is playing until OU comes on....with a break to go to the store for game food.....then it's football until the last game is over or I can't stay awake any longer.....

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 11:32 PM
You have a couch? I thought it was some sacks of grain or whatever you hillbillies sit on!

I also do not feel like I deserve the sun to shine on me when OU gets whoopes. I can take a loss if we gave a good showing and looked like we gave it all out there but sometimes we take a big dump and it never smells good!

That is a Couch . Are you one of them there City slicker dudes ?

sooner59
11/23/2009, 11:52 PM
The only time I am not watching football is when I am driving to and from the OUr game. Even then I am following scores and gamecasts on my phone.

btk108
11/23/2009, 11:58 PM
yep...if I'm driving to the game....the radio is on college gameday....or OU pregame. Don't listen to that much at home games anymore thanks to the SF.com tailgate:D

MyT Oklahoma
11/24/2009, 12:02 AM
I just watch the Sooners. I could really care less about what anybody else is doing with very.. very.. very few exceptions.

VA Sooner
11/24/2009, 12:04 AM
Probably five or six games on Saturday. I have two TIVO boxes that handle two channels at one time. Usually just high-speed it through the huddles and the useless commentary and backup and review great plays. Gives me a better feel for the other teams and for the various football pools and bowl picks.

Catch NFL games on Sunday and Monday the same way... zip through games to catch the feel of the game and past the commercials, commentary and halftime.

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:12 AM
I watch maybe a total of ONE NFL game
that is addin all i watch together :pop:

JLEW1818
11/24/2009, 12:15 AM
I might quit football after what Houston did tonight... what a horrible season I've had

I have not won ****, since 2000.... and before that 1995

sooner59
11/24/2009, 12:16 AM
Anybody else rather watch the Vikings play anyone than watch the Cowboys play like OU in Lincoln until Romo bails them out against a piece of **** Redskins team? Man that game was boring.

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:57 AM
I might quit football after what Houston did tonight... what a horrible season I've had

I have not won ****, since 2000.... and before that 1995

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mgt/lowres/mgtn247l.jpg

westcoast_sooner
11/24/2009, 12:58 AM
Saturday morning - GameDay, usually followed by a bad Big-10 or Big East game followed by Big XII for the rest of the day til after the Sooners play. Then likely a Pac-10 night game to finish up the evening.

badger
11/24/2009, 10:00 AM
It depends on when OU plays... and where too.

If they play at home, it's a travel days, so less watching before the game and after too.

If they play away and in the morning, I usually just watch the OU game again, because yelling at your TV a lot takes a lot of energy.

If they play away and at night, then it's a full day of football watching.

1890MilesToNorman
11/24/2009, 10:04 AM
Every minute of every OU game, maybe one or two others start to finish depending on the match ups.

rawlingsHOH
11/24/2009, 10:08 AM
I've watched more NFL than college this year. The only college game I'll watch start to finish is the OU game.

tanjou
11/24/2009, 10:12 AM
I usually watch the weeknight games, schedule permitting, and every game possible on Saturday. If there's a bigger game or game with a team I'm following at the same time Oklahoma is playing, I switch back and forth, depending on what's happening in our game.

Big XII games broadcast here in Oklahoma have largely been awful this season, so online streams let me watch the good games with interesting teams like the Arizona/Oregon matchup last Saturday. CBS is usually on the favorites menu for whatever SEC game is on. Teams like Clemson, Cinci, and TCU usually find their way to my screen.

I usually watch NFL games, depending on the teams playing.

Denton_Sooner
11/24/2009, 10:30 AM
Up early for Gameday, then I usually skip the 11:00 game to run errands..

Ill watch the best 3:00 game, and DVR the best prime time game for late night.

All based on when OU plays, of course.

If OU wins, Ill watch Gameday Final to see highlights..

SoCal
11/24/2009, 11:06 AM
7:00am I'm watching Game Day-football all day-I usually get burned out around 8:00pm. Screw the NFL...but if I'm home I'll watch it anyway. I watch MNF and all the college football week-night games. I coach high school football and go to as as many school games as I can to scout, I'll watch film most days during the week of upcoming team we play.

I don't get any sh*t from my wife of 26 years because my father warned her the first time he meet her over 33 years ago. Thanks Dad!

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2009, 11:14 AM

That's corn for medicinal purposes.:D

SoonerLB
11/24/2009, 01:14 PM
Saturday is football for me, starting in the morning and ending with the last wrap-up late that night or early Sunday, as the case may be. TV, computer, and sometimes even a radio all focused on football, with Sooner games being high priority. Family and friends know not to call unless it's an emergency since I have been this way for years, and they are all quite aware of my addiction. ;)
NFL on Sundays is always on, mixed with Nascar, and it is safe to call, but keep it short. :)

Mazeppa
11/24/2009, 01:18 PM
Hardly any at all now with the overuse of graphics superimposed on the screen.
That giant down and distance arrow that espn has started this year really drove me away. When the rest of the networks, the few that are left, start using that arrow there will be no games on at my house. I used to love college football on tv before they turned it into a video game.

Blues1
11/24/2009, 02:10 PM
For over 57 Years I've watched and Listened to More College Football than probably 95% of most of You....**Not Bragging** ~ Just Sayin' - :) -
I love The Game ~ At One time when we only had 5 Bowl Games I could tell you The Year and Score of most of the games....Even "The Tangerine Bowl"
It's been my 2nd Main Hobby and Passion all my Life....I remember Maryland in The original I formation in the 50's with all 4 backs line up in a Single Row - The UCLA Single Wing - The Tennessee Single Wing with Johnny Majors - The LSU Chinese Bandits - The Delaware Wing T Formation - The Oklahoma 5- 2 Defense and Of Course "The Spilt T" Formations of Missiour and Oklahoma - The Chicago All Stars Game when The College ALL STARS played the Pro Champs every Year in Soldiers Field - I remember The Chicago Bears Beating The Chicago Cardinals 52 to 21 in 1949 Listening on Zenith Tube Radio - :)

If I'm Lucky enough to get to Heaven --- ? ~ If they don't have College Football or Guitars --- F*** it - I don't want to Go ~~~ :)

Still Rockin' --- :)

SoonerLB
11/24/2009, 09:53 PM
Hardly any at all now with the overuse of graphics superimposed on the screen.
That giant down and distance arrow that espn has started this year really drove me away. When the rest of the networks, the few that are left, start using that arrow there will be no games on at my house. I used to love college football on tv before they turned it into a video game.

Man I hear ya on the superimposed graphics, that **** has gotten out of control. If anyone has any ideas about how to fight these obnoxious things, count me in, because I have fired off several emails to the offending providers in the past, and never had any sort of reply.

boomerborn79
11/24/2009, 10:23 PM
Saturday is football for me, starting in the morning and ending with the last wrap-up late that night or early Sunday, as the case may be. TV, computer, and sometimes even a radio all focused on football, with Sooner games being high priority. Family and friends know not to call unless it's an emergency since I have been this way for years, and they are all quite aware of my addiction. ;)
NFL on Sundays is always on, mixed with Nascar, and it is safe to call, but keep it short. :)

Same here except NFL, wife and kids can only deal with so much football. I have been able to sneak in the Thursday and Friday night games the last few years. The Thur. night game is always a good one.

boomerborn79
11/24/2009, 10:27 PM
For over 57 Years I've watched and Listened to More College Football than probably 95% of most of You....**Not Bragging** ~ Just Sayin' - :) -
I love The Game ~ At One time when we only had 5 Bowl Games I could tell you The Year and Score of most of the games....Even "The Tangerine Bowl"
It's been my 2nd Main Hobby and Passion all my Life....I remember Maryland in The original I formation in the 50's with all 4 backs line up in a Single Row - The UCLA Single Wing - The Tennessee Single Wing with Johnny Majors - The LSU Chinese Bandits - The Delaware Wing T Formation - The Oklahoma 5- 2 Defense and Of Course "The Spilt T" Formations of Missiour and Oklahoma - The Chicago All Stars Game when The College ALL STARS played the Pro Champs every Year in Soldiers Field - I remember The Chicago Bears Beating The Chicago Cardinals 52 to 21 in 1949 Listening on Zenith Tube Radio - :)

If I'm Lucky enough to get to Heaven --- ? ~ If they don't have College Football or Guitars --- F*** it - I don't want to Go ~~~ :)

Still Rockin' --- :)

New role model for me:D I bet some day my kids will accuse me of wasting all there saturday's watching football. Till they start flag football. When that day come's I will have a hard time with the OU games.

bluedogok
11/24/2009, 11:52 PM
I am more like your brother-in-law than you....

All day Saturday and Sunday (NFL Sunday Ticket, wife's idea) on two TV's and usually watching the weekday night games. I am usually piddling away here on the computer while I am watching games, I don't watch them as closely as the the OU games though.

Most of our vacations have involved sports, this year we went to Denver, went to the Cowboys-Broncos game (she's a Cowboys fan, I am a Broncos fan) and we went to the Colorado Avalanche season opener. Our honeymoon (in 2003) had three baseball games, I made sure to marry someone who liked sports and motorcycles just to avoid any potential conflicts over those issues, she used to officiate football here in Austin...and yeah, we have no kids.

Petro-Sooner
11/24/2009, 11:54 PM
I'm doing good if I get through an entire ou game. Thats about it.

soonersweetie
11/25/2009, 10:39 AM
I watch gameday and then I arrange my day around whenever OU is playing. I'll have all the games on, and usually several tv's in the same room. (Actually need more tvs). But I rarely sit down to actually watch a game. I'll stop and watch a few plays here or there. But when OU is on, my total attention is on OU