PDA

View Full Version : Damian Mackey

boomermagic
11/23/2009, 08:30 PM
Did everyone read what he has to say?

Here is Damian Mackey from the Rivals Board.he played for Stoops.

Mackey --

i dont give a DAMN if another coach, administrator, alum whomever black lists me or whatever. this piece of crap that i am seeing transpire in front of me is embarrassing. utterly embarrassing!! i have tried to sit back and just realize that bad years happen, but this is unacceptable. i used to complain about NUTS and our lack of having them, but now we have no heart and play from the neck down. as i type, they are playing "jump around" on us and its laughable.

a couple of things:

*as a staff our coaches suck...and i don't know all these coaches personally but i know the coaches i played for would agree with me...and you damn well better believe i'd say it to anyone's face bcuz this is flat out lame. that being said, i know we have some individual coaches that are really good at what they do, but guys a team is a reflection of its coaches and we have more than enough data (games) to make an educated decision on how well our team is coached.

*our team is mentally weak. we have talent...its not the "johnny and joes" its the mental make-up of "who we are" right now and its on the leadership to change the culture of our program.

*i am embarrassed to be alum. we re-built a giant, an icon, and over the years i've seen it come crumbling down again. and guys i know...so please spare me the we've been to 3 MNC's and BigXII this or that...we play in a conference where on any given year, two other teams are capable of beating us unless we lay an egg or something crazy happens. simply stated, at a school like OU we are EXPECTED to play for 'ships and have occasional bad yrs but the state of our program is in trouble. and i'm not talking wins and loses bcuz we will recover (to a degree) but we are in need of a philosophical change bcuz otherwise we will continue to struggle. we've backed into half of our 'ships started to consistently lose to our biggest rival and come up short time and time again in bowl season.

i've heard (read) plenty of people counter with "other programs would love to be us and lose in MNC's and yada yada yada" and that's easy for them to say when they haven't been there, but people know where i went to school and and i'm not hearing all these praises from others...i hear laughing and well...*cough* *cough* *cough*!!!! and it eats me up bcuz it is absolutely true.

i'm willing to bet someone will state "well dmack...since you've got all these issues, what are some of your solutions!" and you know what, i have plenty of ideas, from in-game adjustments and 3rd down play calling to philosophical changes and mental preparation to players sitting and coaches leaving.

and its funny bcuz i get phone calls from friends in norman abt people talking about my complaints on the radio and such, but you know what...frankly, i don't give a damn anymore. i love ou and i'm 100% for my coach but we stink and i'm going to voice my opinion and state my piece.

for the record, i am not a "gloomer"...i just really care about my school, my program, my team. if some of you guys don't see some serious concerns this year and some disturbing trends from the last 5 or 6 yrs then some of you are blind and every program needs some fans who will just totally support their team irregardless, but don't hate the other fans who have high expectations for a team that should have been better than the product we see...and again, its been a horrific year for injuries and bad luck, but our so-called leaders and draft quality players are not playing up to their ability and in many cases, just flat out busting on doing their jobs. if that happens once or twice a year its on the player, but year in and year out starts to parallel a coaching trend.

throw the team under the bus, throw the coaches, but if you do, you also have to throw me bcuz, i too, am a sooner.

Leroyt
11/23/2009, 08:44 PM
*i am embarrassed to be alum.

Man, that is some weak sauce. I can totally respect disappointment in your team's performance (aggy, sand aggy, or okie lite fans...), but I'll never be embarassed that I went to Texas, just as I'm sure none of you will be embarassed that you went to OU. Dude needs to give up his sooner card.:confused:

boomermagic
11/23/2009, 08:47 PM
Man, that is some weak sauce. I can totally respect disappointment in your team's performance (aggy, sand aggy, or okie lite fans...), but I'll never be embarassed that I went to Texas, just as I'm sure none of you will be embarassed that you went to OU. Dude needs to give up his sooner card.:confused:

Is that ALL you got out of that ? Seriously ?

PDXsooner
11/23/2009, 08:47 PM
2 things:

1- link?

2- not a big deal. he's one guy. I'm sure there are former players that feel this way. I'm guessing that most former players are somewhat more reasonable in their analysis of the current state of affairs.

either way, interesting.

boomermagic
11/23/2009, 08:52 PM
2 things:

1- link?

2- not a big deal. he's one guy. I'm sure there are former players that feel this way. I'm guessing that most former players are somewhat more reasonable in their analysis of the current state of affairs.

either way, interesting.

Yes, It was interesting.. I sent you a PM about the link/Origin of the post..

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2009, 08:53 PM
the same poster has posted here a while back with some of the same stuff..using a similar name...

I havent seen the confirmation that the person actually is damian mackey

Leroyt
11/23/2009, 08:55 PM
Is that ALL you got out of that ? Seriously ?

Dude, have you not read all the rest of that on soonerfans in the last 3 months? I have. There's nothing in there that's even remotely groundbreaking or original. Any moron could have cut and pasted that together in about 10 minutes from past threads.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 08:58 PM
You know, while it's interesting to read, this dude's been saying this same kinda thing pretty much since he left.

soonermagic14
11/23/2009, 09:00 PM
I talked to an all-american from OU recently and he told me he personally wrote Stoops after the UF game saying how embarrassed he was and questioned the coaching(technique and play calling).....because like the earlier post said , we have had the talent. As of lately, he is beyond pissed.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2009, 09:02 PM
who cares what he thinks...What does Roger Steffen think?

BoonesFarmSooner
11/23/2009, 09:02 PM
Saturday looked a lot like the late 90's.

We have serious issues that have been compounding over a period of several years.

boomermagic
11/23/2009, 09:09 PM
I once saw him post over on the other board and Someone who EVERYONE over there accepts as a former player said The Mackey poster was legit but I can't say for sure either..

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2009, 09:12 PM
Well the same dude using a similar name posted similar things a while back here...about a year ago I think....Even if it his him, it really doesn't mean much to me...

boomermagic
11/23/2009, 09:13 PM
Dude, have you not read all the rest of that on soonerfans in the last 3 months? I have. There's nothing in there that's even remotely groundbreaking or original. Any moron could have cut and pasted that together in about 10 minutes from past threads.

Dude,, Could be hell I am not claiming it's 100% the real deal what I ask was that ALL you got out of that because you were just running the poster down.. Do you Or anyone on here know for sure that the poster is NOT Mackey ? Hell man tell us if you know.. I'd like to know if It's not.. I think it probably is but that is just an opinion based on what I have heard on the radio about what he has been saying.. If you or anyone knows tell us please ?

boomermagic
11/23/2009, 09:14 PM
Well the same dude using a similar name posted similar things a while back here...about a year ago I think....Even if it his him, it really doesn't mean much to me...

No problem.. I'm just the messenger here..

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2009, 09:27 PM
yeah, I think this is him here

dmack13 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123372)

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 09:40 PM
I recall a few posts by "dmack13" in the past. I never knew if they were legitimately from a former Sooner player.
IF they are legit, he's really not saying too much that a seasoned observer couldn't detect from watching the last few dozen games. You don't need to know exactly "who thinks what about whom" to figure out that OUr team has been lacking a true champion's discipline and focus, killer instinct, and belly for a knock-down drag-out fight. If we have better talent than the opponent, we'll probably squish em like a bug. But if a piece of OUr precision machine gets jammed, or if they butt us in the face, we look stunned and have every chance of losing. And it's about coaching.

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2009, 09:51 PM
Reading through those old post really hurt me a fan. That's make it difficult to invest in these guys...."AD said the offense and defense didnt like each other." Incredible! That explains the beat down USC delivered.

Blitzkrieg
11/23/2009, 09:55 PM
I wonder what Dmack 13 is up to, running a fortune 500 company, taking another startup public, solving world hunger?

Yes, the dumbest #$%^ in the world can see that this team doesn't have it, but we are a year removed from the national title game, and we have made the big game more than any other team in the country this decade. Its hard to stay at this level - how do I know this? BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER STAYED AT THIS LEVEL YEAR AFTER YEAR. No team, in the 20s, 30s, 50s, 80s, has ever kept at this level, it can't be done.

Ask crooked nose pete how hard it is. He has literally no peer program in his entire time zone, and has the draw of the largest state in the country and he can't do it at USC. Give Meyer a few more years and guess what, Flordia will have a craptastic season and people will call for his head.

Chill out and enjoy our successes and accept our failures as part of the ride.

okiedokie
11/23/2009, 09:57 PM
I kinda agree with whomever wrote that.....not all of it but some points.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 10:01 PM
who cares what he thinks...What does Roger Steffen think?

That guy, wow...I can tell you a story abou that guy

Rhino
11/23/2009, 10:26 PM
yeah, I think this is him here

dmack13 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123372) Yep. And yes, it's the real Damian Mackey.

That guy, wow...I can tell you a story abou that guy Does it start with: so, Roger was getting hammered at the Red Dirt Cafe...

boomerborn79
11/23/2009, 10:28 PM

He isn't embarrassed to be an alumn. He's embarrassed of what's being played on the field.

boomerborn79
11/23/2009, 10:32 PM
I recall a few posts by "dmack13" in the past. I never knew if they were legitimately from a former Sooner player.
IF they are legit, he's really not saying too much that a seasoned observer couldn't detect from watching the last few dozen games. You don't need to know exactly "who thinks what about whom" to figure out that OUr team has been lacking a true champion's discipline and focus, killer instinct, and belly for a knock-down drag-out fight. If we have better talent than the opponent, we'll probably squish em like a bug. But if a piece of OUr precision machine gets jammed, or if they butt us in the face, we look stunned and have every chance of losing. And it's about coaching.

Nailed it..

yermom
11/23/2009, 10:51 PM
Jump Around hurt :(

Collier11
11/23/2009, 10:52 PM
Yep. And yes, it's the real Damian Mackey.

Does it start with: so, Roger was getting hammered at the Red Dirt Cafe...

Not quite but it has to do with the two words Drunk and doosh

Leroyt
11/23/2009, 10:56 PM
He isn't embarrassed to be an alumn. He's embarrassed of what's being played on the field.

I'm not a mind reader, but when he used the words "I am embarassed to be alum"...not sure what else to think.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 11:33 PM
Without links, we're just tilting at windmills.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 11:35 PM
take yer azz to ouinsider.com there is a thread devoted to it, not that hard

Pricetag
11/24/2009, 12:51 AM
Eh, I thought that was pretty weak sauce. The great thing about that in Norman last year was the spontaneity of it. It was completely contrived at Tech--you could tell the players were looking for it, and they went crazy trying to get the crowd into it. If they want to pretend that we are close to the team that we were last year, let them. That's why they'll never be any better than they were last year.

Sooner04
11/24/2009, 12:58 AM
Not quite but it has to do with the two words Drunk and doosh
What is Dusty Dvoracek?

Collier11
11/24/2009, 12:59 AM
ohh, you went there...but no, Steffen didnt punch me

rawlingsHOH
11/24/2009, 09:57 AM
Where is John Riggins?

tanjou
11/24/2009, 10:16 AM
*former player and involved individual states concern for matters that are obvious to people that have never even played football, makes perfect sense, reinforces conern*

*Soonerfans claims person is not real fan, crazy, pledges allegiance to Stoops*

Blues1
11/24/2009, 10:29 AM
Jmho But ~ I'm Afraid there is Some Insight & TRUTH in that poster's comments (How Much and How Deep it Goes I can't be Sure) But one thing I can say "The Burning Fire is Not there" ~ Just think about Our 2000 Team ~ I haven't seen that Fire - That Desire - Since "The Orange Bowl Victory" - I'm NOT talking about only Winning games, I'm Talking about "The Fire - The Desire - The Passion - The Swagger" - Win or Lose our Games Something is Missing.....

Sooner Magic Just Doesn't Happen - Sooner Magic is Made on every down - In every Game - 1 yard at time --- Someone needs to get Pissed.....And Stay Pissed.....Once Again Jmho.....

57 Years a Sooner FAn ~ Keep Rockin'

NormanPride
11/24/2009, 10:32 AM

Really? I thought it was weak. Their half-full stands jumping and cheering lightly while our players laugh. That's Tech for you - classless and weak.

LesNessman
11/24/2009, 10:35 AM
I wonder what Dmack 13 is up to, running a fortune 500 company, taking another startup public, solving world hunger?

Yes, the dumbest #$%^ in the world can see that this team doesn't have it, but we are a year removed from the national title game, and we have made the big game more than any other team in the country this decade. Its hard to stay at this level - how do I know this? BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER STAYED AT THIS LEVEL YEAR AFTER YEAR. No team, in the 20s, 30s, 50s, 80s, has ever kept at this level, it can't be done.

Ask crooked nose pete how hard it is. He has literally no peer program in his entire time zone, and has the draw of the largest state in the country and he can't do it at USC. Give Meyer a few more years and guess what, Flordia will have a craptastic season and people will call for his head.

I completely agree with Blitzkrieg.

rawlingsHOH
11/24/2009, 10:44 AM
Really? I thought it was weak. Their half-full stands jumping and cheering lightly while our players laugh. That's Tech for you - classless and weak.

Incredibly weak when compared to; 2 top ranked teams battling it out, in front of a national primetime audience, for a shot at the national title.

They got their feelings hurt. Bad.

Their "payback" was lame and pathetic, and overly contrived, unlike the 08 game in Norman. Two (6-4) teams playing an 11 AM FSN game, that no one knew, or better yet CARED, was on.

TUSooner
11/24/2009, 11:03 AM

I like putting things in perspective like that. Pete's having a tought time with fewer excuses than we have. And Urban Meyer will come down to Earth in due course, probably as soon as St Timmah moves on to become the first Baptist Pope. Still, it doesn't make the current criticism of OUr team any less valid. And you have to keep in mind that we have backed into a couple of those title games and that we have LOST EVERY DAMN ONE OF 'EM (and crashed in other bowl games) since the 01 Orange Bowl. We could compare ourselves to Bottom 10 Tulane if we just wanted to feel like we are better than someone, but what does that prove?

Just for fun, let's compare OUrelves ourselves to LSU (a team I hate but am forced to hear about 24/7): Sure, Les Miles is a dumb ol' ree-tard, and we make fun of his macho melodramatics. But his guys fight til the bitter end. As much as I can't stop hating LSU, I genuinley admire their fight more than I admire OUr "delicate precision finesse" attack that leaves us wide-eyed when we have to trade punches with a tough competitor.

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 11:10 AM
mmmkay... so Damian Mackey runs his mouth and all of a sudden it's gospel?

He lost me at "embarassed to be an alum."

You know what... so was Darrell Royal. Go root for someone else, Mackey... or STFU.

Mackey isn't the only one, but when compared to the rest of the country who's seen Stoops's 12-year body of work... dmack13 is in an extreme minority. TRRW was on the SA talking about his safety net foundation awhile back and said this is just how it goes in reference to OU's supposed "problems."

Tech will regret pulling that little stunt next November. When the day comes that we travel to Tech and don't catch any bad breaks (screw job, QB concussion, rebuilding year)... they'll regret it even more when they're all high and mighty thinking that Lubbock is a legit snake pit.

Blitzkrieg
11/24/2009, 11:20 AM
Just for fun, let's compare OUrelves ourselves to LSU (a team I hate but am forced to hear about 24/7): Sure, Les Miles is a dumb ol' ree-tard, and we make fun of his macho melodramatics. But his guys fight til the bitter end. As much as I can't stop hating LSU, I genuinley admire their fight more than I admire OUr "delicate precision finesse" attack that leaves us wide-eyed when we have to trade punches with a tough competitor.

LSU had a five loss season last year.

tanjou
11/24/2009, 11:26 AM
Tech will regret pulling that little stunt next November. When the day comes that we travel to Tech and don't catch any bad breaks (screw job, QB concussion, rebuilding year)... they'll regret it even more when they're all high and mighty thinking that Lubbock is a legit snake pit.
In other words, "NEXT time it will be different..."

The key phrase for an Oklahoma fan looking to maintain their spirits.

I'd say three wins at home in a row over any team is indicative of a trend. Combined with how terribly Oklahoma plays on the road in general, it's not really a stretch to say that a specific set of losses on the road are reinforcing.

TMcGee86
11/24/2009, 11:31 AM
That post actually made me feel less bad about this year and the program in general.

I just kept thinking "You realize we were in the MNC game last year right?"

We entered this season thinking Sam and Gresh were going to lead us to the promised land. There is no way in the world you can avoid a let down when both those guys are lost for the year before the season really even begins.

I agree we have issues, oline being the biggest, but I think this is taking it a bit too far.

TUSooner
11/24/2009, 11:46 AM
LSU had a five loss season last year.

OK. So my comparison wasn't all THAT good.
But your reminder made me smile.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/24/2009, 12:29 PM
mackey reminds me of the posters on this board after we lose. the problem is that much like them, he is forgetting the past he was involved with.

yes, he was part of a national championship team, but he was also part of a john blake team.

yes, he was on a team that brought OU BACK to prominence, but it was prominent when our parents were young.

yes, he was on a team that was on fire, he was also on a team drenched in water

i agree that right now this team isn't better than the sum of its parts.

rawlingsHOH
11/24/2009, 12:50 PM
Emotional people shouldn't make posts during, or immediately after, a game.

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2009, 02:45 PM
John Blake was an all-Big-8 noseguard for the Sooners. Who in here would give his complaints about the coaching any credence? Why should we care what Mackey thinks?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/24/2009, 02:58 PM
Why should we care what Mackey thinks?

This.....

Jello Biafra
11/24/2009, 03:43 PM
i dont think anyone of these kids on the current roster are any less team players than the 2000 team. why would they come back just to watch the team go 6-5? why wouldnt they go out and seek their fortunes in the nfl? i think the main problem is, the kids who ARE team leaders have been kicked to the curb because they are injured and no longer a significant part of the team. are they spiritual leaders? yes. but, the younger kids have far too much information floating around in thier heads to take advice from someone who cant help them at this point. they know the team's rep is in their hands and quite frankly, the game is too fast for them right now. the defense has, for the most part, stuck together and done thier part and i truly think that it all starts with the downlineman.

as far as the team hating each other goes....meh it happens. most of the kids hate each other for one reason or the other but the chemistry comes around after they spend some time together. the offense at this point is out trying to show people "it ain't my fault we're losing", there are very few veterans holding this offense together and its showing. if the defense thinks the offense isn't holding thier own, they will let them know and could possibly be the "the team hates each other" talk.

Jello Biafra
11/24/2009, 03:45 PM
just had a thought...cheezy,texan or whatever, coach needs to make every attemtp possible to get all of the grads in at every opportunity to let them know the ENTIRE sooner nation is watching them and expecting them to perform.

fwsooner22
11/24/2009, 04:49 PM

OH no doubt you are not an imposter. That is a perfect * response.

Question for you when was the last time * had a 4 or 5 loss season ? It wasn't that long ago. Crawl back in your hole.

A decade or so ago Nebraska students went on national television and said how embarrassed they were to play OU. Stuff happens. We will fix it and kick your *** real soon count on it. ;) ;) ;)

Johnny Utah
11/24/2009, 04:59 PM
I like putting things in perspective like that. Pete's having a tought time with fewer excuses than we have. And Urban Meyer will come down to Earth in due course, probably as soon as St Timmah moves on to become the first Baptist Pope. Still, it doesn't make the current criticism of OUr team any less valid. And you have to keep in mind that we have backed into a couple of those title games and that we have LOST EVERY DAMN ONE OF 'EM (and crashed in other bowl games) since the 01 Orange Bowl. We could compare ourselves to Bottom 10 Tulane if we just wanted to feel like we are better than someone, but what does that prove?

Whether it's perception or reality (or a combination :confused: ), I share your perspective. Even though I rag on the SEC (or its fans) all the time, its teams generally do appear more up for a fight and unwilling to give up, even during a beatdown. We can all call Miles and Nutt ree-tards, and Meyer and Saban a**-hats, but their teams don't appear to lay down when the other team hits back.

Collier11
11/24/2009, 05:01 PM
I would be shocked if this isnt an offseason of a bunch of change, the problem is we wont hear about any of it so unrealistic and unknowledgeable fans will continue to cry

Johnny Utah
11/24/2009, 05:06 PM
I would be shocked if this isnt an offseason of a bunch of change, the problem is we wont hear about any of it so unrealistic and unknowledgeable fans will continue to cry

:cry: i wanna win

Scott D
11/24/2009, 05:14 PM

I'd just be happy to go to Lubbock and leave with fewer than 3 injured players at the rate our past few visits there have been.

as for some of the other stuff. I would give the message board jockeys 1 bad offensive display with Josh Heupel as the OC before they'd be calling for his head as well.