PDA

View Full Version : If Texas makes it to the NC game I will be rooting for them

BigEasySooner
11/23/2009, 05:47 PM
I know many of you think this is crazy and I understand that.

That said, I would rather see Texas win than hear the "SEC" chant in the stands again.

While there is still some football left to be played on Texas' part to get to the game. If they make it I will be cheering for them.

It is high time the SEC was taken down a peg or two.

I live in the heart of LSU Tiger SEC territory and to hear these people talk on any given week Vandy could give the Cleveland Browns hell, the SEC should have an automatic bid in the NC game, and Florida and Alabama should probably just rematch each other in the NC game because they are the best two teams anyways.

You guys may hate Texas but trust me, if you lived here you would hate the SEC FAR FAR more.

I'm still holding out hope that Boise State or TCU manage to work their way into the championship game to beat either Bama or Florida. That would be the ultimate reality check for the SEC.

But if push comes to shove I'll pull for my worst Big 12 enemy before anyone from the SEC.

PS: How about that Les Smiles clock management? It sure was fun getting to listen to everyone whine about their horrible coaching today.

:pop:

OUHOMER
11/23/2009, 05:49 PM
Alabama is my second team, can't root for tx if they play bama. if its FL... i just wont care..
Yep, les sucks

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 05:50 PM
Texas is the closest thing to a shoe-in there is. If they make it, I'll drink beer - otherwise, I'll drink beer.

Bluemound Freak
11/23/2009, 05:50 PM
I am an SEC fan and I will root for Texass under one condition..............if they are playing bammer! I guess an Auburn fan would be like a Sooner when it comes to our rival........I would pull for Russia before I would root on the tahd!

sooner ngintunr
11/23/2009, 05:54 PM
I will never root for *. Ever.

yermom
11/23/2009, 05:58 PM
hearing about Tebow and 3/4 would suck

and the last thing Bama needs is another legit national championship

we lived through Texas in 2005. it wouldn't be that bad. they still wouldn't be that close to 7 ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
11/23/2009, 06:15 PM
I'm rooting for TCU to make it so I can have a team to root for.

Sasakwa
11/23/2009, 06:21 PM
I typically root for Big XII teams in the bowls, that is especially true if they are playing SEC teams. Its more a case of I'd rather not see Florida win another one than it is of me really "rooting" for Texas.

sooner518
11/23/2009, 06:38 PM
now that I live in Texas amongst all these wHorn *******s, I dont think I can ever cheer for Texas like I did in 2005

ndpruitt03
11/23/2009, 06:47 PM
I have never and will never root for Texas in any game they play. If they play Al Queda I would root for Al Queda.

SeattleOUstudent
11/23/2009, 06:49 PM
Um, I would not be cheering for UT.

It would never make any sense to "root" for your cheif rival. It does nothing to help OU by UT winning.

You forget all the tshirt fans out there from the UT/USC game? I still see their shirts around in Dallas.

Johnny Utah
11/23/2009, 06:53 PM

That said, I would rather see Texas win than hear the "SEC" chant in the stands again.

While there is still some football left to be played on Texas' part to get to the game. If they make it I will be cheering for them.

I live in the heart of LSU Tiger SEC territory and to hear these people talk on any given week Vandy could give the Cleveland Browns hell, the SEC should have an automatic bid in the NC game, and Florida and Alabama should probably just rematch each other in the NC game because they are the best two teams anyways.

You guys may hate Texas but trust me, if you lived here you would hate the SEC FAR FAR more.

I'm still holding out hope that Boise State or TCU manage to work their way into the championship game to beat either Bama or Florida. That would be the ultimate reality check for the SEC.

But if push comes to shove I'll pull for my worst Big 12 enemy before anyone from the SEC.

PS: How about that Les Smiles clock management? It sure was fun getting to listen to everyone whine about their horrible coaching today.

I know exactly what you mean. I've lived in the Atlanta area for the past 10 yrs and the SEC fan base is unbearable as well as very ignorant when it comes to the Xs & Os of football. I say SEC fanbase because most that didn't grow up as a fan of a specific program jump on the bandwagon of whatever team is frontrunning at the time. I can guarantee that a number of UGA "fans" will now be cheering for either FL or AL against TX even though both kicked UGAs butt in their most recent games. So both my wife (a 2nd generation Sooner) and I will be not necessarily rooting for TX but more so against whatever SEC team is in the MNC game.

TXBOOMER
11/23/2009, 06:55 PM
I'll root for texass under no circumstances. F texass! I don't see how any passionate OU fan could ever root for the dick slaps.

SoonerBacker
11/23/2009, 07:00 PM
NEVER! I will not pull for saxeT to win a game - EVER! (Unless, of course, it would help OU). But there is no way that the Whorns winning another title would help OU.
GO Bama!

SoonerDood
11/23/2009, 07:03 PM
do Red Sox fans root for the Yankees? Do the Celtics ever root for the Lakers? Do the aggies ever root for us?
not Hell no, but **** no

meoveryouxinfinity
11/23/2009, 07:13 PM
no. no no.

MyT Oklahoma
11/23/2009, 07:23 PM
I've always been a Big 8/Big 12 loyalist until last year. After all of the UT whinning and their sorry airplane banners and Mack's endless bellyaching to whomever would listen.. I swallowed hard and cheered for tOSU in the Fiesta Bow.

Until Mack apologizes for his poor sportsmanship (and that ain't gonna happen) I'll take whomever UT plays against until h*** freezes over.

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 07:28 PM

Maybe you should watch this....

pgKT25J6hd8

BlackChipBJ
11/23/2009, 07:42 PM
I have some great Sooner friends and I can't stand the SEC, so I was pulling for you all to take down Florida. However, not all of my UT buddies felt the same way as I did. You will have some Sooners rooting for the Horns and some wishing that they lose every game.

We are both powers, we both get most of the players we want, and nothing is going to change this. The only time I want a Big 12 team to lose, is when they play Texas. It's fun to have a powerful conference and it's that much sweeter when your team wins in a tough conference. However, it's college football, and you can pull for whoever the hell you want. That's part of the beauty that is college football.

Good luck against the Pokes.

TXBOOMER
11/23/2009, 07:44 PM
Guarantee that dude has a girlfriend with 4 legs.

soonermagic14
11/23/2009, 07:48 PM
I will never root for *. You should've been at the bar where I was when we got our butts kicked by USC....* fans all showed up in burnt orange and cheered for USC and talked trash the whole time....last year vs UF, * fans did the same thing. They wish the worst for us every time we play. I would rather Bama win it all. I've never met a * fan who would root for OU.

SunnySooner
11/23/2009, 08:17 PM
I live in Tebow's hometown. It's SEC country. I see National Champion 2008 Florida Gators crap every day of my life--tshirts, hats, license plates, flags, etc. It literally made me sick to my stomach until about April of this year. Still, when it comes down to FU/Bama vs. * for the MNC, I will hopefully be yelling ROLL TIDE ROLL, and watching the whorns complete humiliation on national TV. We don't really compete for recruits against the SEC, we compete in texsucks, and it doesn't help us for them to win anything.

MamaMia
11/23/2009, 08:21 PM
If they play Alabama, then all I have to say is...Roll Tide all the way baby! :D

S008NER
11/23/2009, 08:32 PM
Living in Texas as a Sooner in 2005 and the years after that was hell. I am ready for them to choke for once.

JLEW1818
11/23/2009, 08:35 PM
yall really are crazy. hoping the horns will win the national title... if they do just wait till Feb-August ... u will want to be dead . with the horns talking

PDXsooner
11/23/2009, 08:41 PM
I can't imagine ever rooting for texas. This whole "Big 12" talk is for losers. spare me the ridiculous details. Rooting for texas is G-A-Y.

soonermagic14
11/23/2009, 08:54 PM
I'm already hearing it from * fans here in Texas...."you guys couldnt beat USC so we did that next year,... you guys couldnt beat UF so we will this year"

you really want to root for *?.....I hope Bama beats UF and destroys *

AlbqSooner
11/23/2009, 08:56 PM
I have attended a LOT of OU road games in the 55 years I have been a Sooner fan.

Bar none - no exceptions, the best I have ever been treated by opposing fans was in Tuscaloosa when we played them in '03. Roll Tide!

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 09:04 PM

I tend agree, and probably for the same reasons - I live In New Orleans, too, and I hear all the SEC touting as well. And yes, it was sweet to hear Les get toasted in the media and on the web :D .

Disclaimer: This is the worst-case scanrio: Ufla vs +exas. I'm hoping for the Bug Eaters to take +exas down. Also, I'm hoping for Bama to beat UFla, but rather doubtful about that, too. If it were Bama vs +exas, I'd have to think about it a bit.

royalfan5
11/23/2009, 09:18 PM
I don't know why a one loss Texas team will be playing for National Title.

soonermagic14
11/23/2009, 09:27 PM
thats what i like to hear royal fan!

FaninAma
11/23/2009, 09:33 PM
I cheered for Texas in 2005 and when Dean
found out he baned me for 3 years from Soonerfans.

sooner59
11/23/2009, 09:47 PM
I cheered for Texas in 2005 and when Dean
found out he baned me for 3 years from Soonerfans.

I was cheering for Texas in that game, too. I could not stand the thought of SUC breaking our 47 game win streak. They were at 35 and that was knocking on the door. Plus I had a grudge against them from the year before.

And FYI....by the way:

If Texas wins the MNC, they will have as many titles in the last 5 years as we have had in the last 25 years. UGH!

soonerinabilene
11/23/2009, 09:47 PM
fsu beats florida, nebraska beats texas, florida beats bama. tcu beats cinci in the mnc. thats what i want for christmas.

unbiasedtruth
11/23/2009, 09:53 PM
^^^^^^^^ yeah that ^^^^^^^^^

ouduckhunter
11/23/2009, 10:05 PM
I cheered for the Whorns when they beat USC, and that was the only time that I have ever and will ever cheer for them again! I was sick of USC and wanted to see them lose so against my better judgment I cheered for Fexas.

All that bull$hit and whining that the Whorns pulled on us last year reminded me of why I hate them so much, and why I can never cheer for them again! I hate Timmy Teblow too, so I will just have to hope that Bama makes it to the big game and kicks some a$$!

soonerinkeywest
11/23/2009, 10:16 PM
Never.

Boomer Mooner
11/23/2009, 10:17 PM
I live in Texas and I can't think of anything that could make this season worse than them winning the NC. If you're actually rooting for Texas you should have your OU fan license revoked.

btk108
11/23/2009, 10:17 PM
duckie....I didn't cheer for them....I just rooted for USC to lose....

ndpruitt03
11/23/2009, 10:19 PM
I still can't understand how any OU fan can root for Texas. I remember going to a Hornets game the day of that NC, the NBA is a lot better than watching any Texas game, and I'm not a big NBA fan. I

freakhorn
11/24/2009, 11:43 AM
I don't know why a one loss Texas team will be playing for National Title.

when did they lose? they are going to mudhole ags and holers.

MojoRisen
11/24/2009, 12:58 PM
Huskers over the Horns and TCU or Cinci in the finals - all out root against the SEC but having Texas when another ain't goin to help in recruiting texas area kids.

Dio
11/24/2009, 01:40 PM
ROLL DAMN TIDE!

KC//CRIMSON
11/24/2009, 02:05 PM
*uck Texass
*uck Mack Brown
*uck Peter Gardiere
*uck Darrell Royal
*uck Vince Young
*uck anyone who roots for them
*uck their banner planes
*uck their co-big12 south championship rings
*uck their tower
*uck their women
*uck their *

and

*uck The U of T in Asstin

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 02:42 PM
Fact: Once day the SEC will be humbled.

Fact: You'll NEVER live down Mack Brown having more MNCs than Bob. NEVER.

beer4me
11/24/2009, 02:42 PM
I wouldn’t root for fexus under threat of being infected with Ebola causing my nutz to turn black and rot off while at the same time having a brain eating worm eating it’s way outside through the ear, while being forced to listen to Rosie O’Donnell and Dr. Phil talk.

But that’s just me

Okie35
11/24/2009, 03:34 PM
I think people that chant "SEC" in bowl games are media zombies. This never started till ESPN made it a competition between conferences. I think they are hypocrites to root for a team that didn't allow them to be in that same position, especially a rival. For that I say **** the whorns I hope they lose every bowl game. It's OU or nobody. I mean of course I'll watch any other game w/o a rival and go for a certain team because its my nature as a football fan but I wouldn't care who won.

BillyBall
11/24/2009, 04:01 PM
Wanting Texas to win a MNC is like wanting to be sodomized by a brontosaurus.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/24/2009, 04:18 PM
I will never root for * in anything...ever! Ok, maybe against OSUcks, but that is like asking which eye you want poked out. Alabama is a lot like us. Same colors, storied program, bastard stepchild of the NCAA. If it ain't going to be us, I want Bama all the way! ROLL TIDE and EFF TEXAS!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/24/2009, 04:19 PM
***Sorry, double post***

Johnny Utah
11/24/2009, 04:23 PM
I think people that chant "SEC" in bowl games are media zombies. This never started till ESPN made it a competition between conferences. I think they are hypocrites to root for a team that didn't allow them to be in that same position, especially a rival.

Exactly, and here in the Atlanta area its mostly underfortysomething transplants (the ESPN Generation?) that never really followed college football (or probably any other team sport), that are now jumping on the bandwagon of whatever the SEC frontrunner is, because it can provide them with some identity (socially).

I think a lot of it is your perspective as well. If you are surrounded by whornfans (and have always hated Texas) you will probably never (and shouldn't ever) root for them. However, if you are surrounded by SEC fans and have had to endure their obnoxiousness after their teams have won the last 3 MNCs, you (at least my wife and I) might be motivated to root against them. Believe it or not I have seen SEC decals and license plates, and a bumper sticker that says "The Big 12 is Gay" with both an OU and TX helmet on it. I fully agree that the rooting for the conference stuff is crap but sometimes you feel like you have to fight fire with fire.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/24/2009, 05:04 PM
*uck Texass
*uck Mack Brown
*uck Peter Gardiere
*uck Darrell Royal
*uck Vince Young
*uck anyone who roots for them
*uck their banner planes
*uck their co-big12 south championship rings
*uck their tower
*uck their women
*uck their *

and

*uck The U of T in Asstin

^^^THIS!

mehip
11/24/2009, 07:05 PM
I will never root for any college team from Texas, Nebraska, Stoolwater or Los Angles. Everybody else is simply "not my team" and can't really be hated if they happen to win when playing us....that is the point of the game after all.

silverwheels
11/24/2009, 08:23 PM
Never cheer for Texas. They are our primary rival, on the field and in recruiting. I hate Bama and Florida, too, but I'd rather see one of them win it all than Texas. WTF is wrong with you, OP?

stoopified
11/24/2009, 09:22 PM
....FOR THE ORANGE COWS TO BE UTTERLY DESTROYED.

Funky G
11/24/2009, 10:14 PM
I'm rooting for the Hispanics...they are ahead 51-49 currently..

sendbaht
11/25/2009, 02:44 AM
NEVER will I root for texas. GO Bama! Go TCU....or?
but not texas in fact lets get it done early... GO Texas A&M make some noise beat the lhs.

IGotNoTiming
11/25/2009, 08:48 AM
Your team bad!!! My Team GOOD! (while scratching one's cro-magnon, sized forehead)

I love the stances we all take.... I hope Texas wins against Florida.... and big... it will just fuel more talk for our rivalry in the future....

have a great turkey day everyone

sooner ngintunr
11/25/2009, 10:18 AM
Your team bad!!! My Team GOOD! (while scratching one's cro-magnon, sized forehead)

I love the stances we all take.... I hope Texas wins against Florida.... and big... it will just fuel more talk for our rivalry in the future....

have a great turkey day everyone

That stuff in the water down there is getting to you.:D :P

Yeah, it would fuel more talk about how * beats teams that we don't.

F that and F *.

tbl
11/25/2009, 10:19 AM
I've lived in both worlds. After growing up in Oklahoma, I spent 10 years in DFW surrounded by whorns (and plenty of Sooners too). I've been in Atlanta for 4 years now. While I completely understand the disgust held for SEC fans, I still can't bring myself to root for Texas. If they get in and play Bama, I will probably pull for Bama, even though the old school Bama fan is quickly being replaced by the typical "SEC! SEC! SEC!" Bama fan. I guess their years of sucking brought that out.

If they play Florida, it's going to be USC/Texas all over again where I won't know who I'm pulling for until the game kicks off and my cerebral cortex kicks in.

Which is why I will be radically pulling for Nebraska to pull the upset and TCU or Cincy to sneak in there. Then I will definitely root for either of them over anyone else.

IronHorseSooner
11/25/2009, 05:44 PM
I have never and will never root for Texas in any game they play. If they play Al Queda I would root for Al Queda.

Whereas AQ (as we call them) is one of the worst terrorist organizations to ever exist that is responsible for the deaths of innocent people and are nothing to joke about, they do have a few things in common with UTerus:

1) They have a crazy leader who loves to use the media, and the media gives him that platform
2) The leader really doesn't do much and leaves the planning to his lieutenants
3) They recruit misguided young men to do their bidding
4) Their opposition has been bloodied by their recent campaigns, but will be back to kick their arses!

the_ouskull
11/26/2009, 12:59 AM

I'll bet I wouldn't hate the SEC more than I hate you for starting this thread.

the_ouskull

delhalew
11/26/2009, 01:12 AM
Anyone who wants Texas to have 2 championships in A)mack browns tenure B)the BCS era C)to ever win another championship... is an idjit.

We recruit against them, people.
Also, do you want to see them succeed were we failed?

I can hardly believe what I just read...coming from a "Sooner".

JLEW1818
11/26/2009, 02:25 AM
basically

actually, more like EXACTLY

"wahhhh Tebow... .wahhhh they talk about him so much... wahhhh Urban Meyer"

seriously?? WHO THE **** CARES

I just don't see how you can be a Sooner and hope Texas beats Florida/whoever, to win a national title

will never understand that.. I will understand Obama, far far far far, before i understand that logic

lol

Sooner70
11/26/2009, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure about rooting for Florida or Ala, but I'm pretty dang sure I won't root for Texas. I live and work in Texas. After all that Big 12 S. whining last year + the Texas fans I know this year had rather talk about OU's misfortune and gloat over 5 losses, hoping for 6, Bob Stoops to Notre Dame, etc. than graciously accept their good fortune and talk about that. Like I told the Whorn at work..."...win and accept your position with CLASS, don't be an ***...." , but he can't do it.

'Course, I kinda made him mad when I told him Texas hasn't made it to a ELITE Program class yet, but theyre' making some progress. Probably won't get there by when the world ends in 2012. Need more NC's, Heismans, etc.

I'd rather play for 4 NC's in a decade than 2 any day. 'Course, I'd sure like to win bout half those.

OUmillenium
11/26/2009, 11:39 AM
There is no way a true Sooner would route for *!

Clueless...

The only time I have ever done this was in hindsight after Vince Young beat USuC to stop the streak.

OklahomaRed
11/26/2009, 11:53 AM
TUCK FEXAS!

It's hard to do this unless they are laying down on their backs and moaning a lot. With that said, I hope they lose every f*****in' game they play!!! :D

Sabanball
11/26/2009, 11:59 AM
This whole "sec,sec, sec" thing I think is really overblown and not an accurate stereotype of the average fan down here--you guys are just seeing and focusing on a few yahoos that happen to be in front of the camera lens at some of the games. While our conference has a pretty rich heritage and tradition, and has done well in the BCS championship games, most of us individually down here are still independent thinkers(despite what the media tries to portray the South as being) and aren't afraid to pull for other teams outside the conference. For example, there's a huge amount of respect down here for you guys and your program, and you can bet there were many, many others like myself last year pulling for your guys against Florida.

If we're fortunate enough to get to the BCS title game, it's good to know we'll have at least some good Oklahoma folks cheering us on! RTR/BS

Sooner Eclipse
11/26/2009, 12:05 PM

This is just being selfish. Like earlier ones have said, * sucess in anything makes our job harder. F*. I want someone from the B12 to take an SEC team down a notch or 2. But that team must be OU. F*

StoopTroup
11/26/2009, 12:19 PM
+exas=bunchaturkeys

tomtom
11/26/2009, 02:40 PM
Since OU is not in the hunt, I would like to see alburn beat alabama,
alabama beat florida, nebraska beat texas, then listen to all the talk programs.
TCU vs who?

silverwheels
11/26/2009, 07:12 PM
TCU vs. Cincinnati would work for me.

the_ouskull
11/26/2009, 10:05 PM
Okay, I've had a little more time to let this sh*t process, and I'm hoping to dole out a little Skull karma to A&M.

I have, as an OU football fan, done things that would make people cringe to support our team; things that, were more people still men, would - and should - have gotten my arse beaten repeatedly.

I would rather detail those stories to my own mother, with porn sounds playing in the background, whilst forgetting to put my coat on before going outside ("You'll catch a COLD, Danny!") and running with scissors than to ever even briefly consider the possibility of Tejas winning another f*cking championship in my lifetime, or in the lifetime of my (hypothetical) children.

Seeing f*cking Radio hoist the trophy standing over the bodies (sans feet) of the team who lost their feet in our *sses the year before wasn't exactly what I'd call "Super Sweet." Seeing Gizmo's g*y human brother hoist the trophy only four years later isn't next on my list... especially with us losing three of them in the interim.

It's bad enough that Tim "ByGod" Tebow is probably going to win another stiff arm, and another ring... (Roll, f'in' Tide!) but I'd rather have to hear "under Tim" added to the Pledge of Allegiance than see Tejas win that crystal ball. There is not a single measurable way that Tejas winning the national championship helps OU as a program. Not one. Not. One. (Sin, Jenni C.)

NOTHING about Texas winning would be good for OU. In fact, it would be very, very, very BAD for OU if this were to happen.

- Mack's got two since Bob's last one, AND he's the current big dog. Yeah, THAT won't hurt us in recrui....

...wait a second.

No, I'll come back to that. (Let me just go on the record right now to say, if Tejas DOES turn my stomach in January, then I think OU will return the favor within four years.)

- Mack will have done, twice, what Bob could not, and, in doing so, win it all both times. (I'm "assuming" Tejas is going to play Florida, because I want the opposite to happen. )
- It's already to the point where I'll hear the argument for Mack being a better coach than Bob. Him winning another one will seal that argument before it ever gets started. (And a large part of why I'll hear it, by the way, is in regard to their treatment of their assistant coaches... Mack is smart enough to cut bait...)

It would put the record, in the BIGGEST of Big Games, at Mack: 2-0, and Bob: 1-3. Yes, getting there DOES matter... to everybody who doesn't win them.

Oklahoma State? F*ck 'em. BUT, we can't brag to Florida about "getting there," 'cause they've been getting there and winning them too. Mack pulls this off, and the same holds true for Tejas.

I challenge you to come up with one way that Tejas winning a(nother) national f*cking championship would benefit OU.. other than the fact that I think that, if they do, we'll win one within four years...

One. Go!

Idiot.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
11/26/2009, 10:11 PM
TCU vs. Cincinnati would work for me.

Not to mention it'd probably be the best game.

the_ouskull

Collier11
11/26/2009, 11:39 PM
There is no way you EVER root for ut to win a national title, that is rediculous

olevetonahill
11/27/2009, 12:22 AM
Id rather have a Nutectomy than see saxet even sniff a chance at a MNC

OUmillenium
11/27/2009, 12:40 AM
The last page of this thread offers proper Sooner fandom.

I hope * loses every game they ever play in, except maybe OSUx.

RedstickSooner
11/27/2009, 05:01 AM
I plan on watching our bowl game.

I don't really care, nor do I plan to watch, what the fudge happens in the rest of College Football's post-season. Most years I'd watch because I knew that soon comes the dreaded Off-Season, with all it's horrific lameness.

This year, the offseason can't come quick enough.

Yay, no more football soon!

God, I hate 2009. I can't wait to celebrate its death at the end of December.

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2009, 08:38 AM
2009 could be the worst sports year for us. Football has been a nightmare, and the nightmare is just beginning with the BBALL team. With all of that, * cannot win the MNC! CANNOT! Besides the general d****e -baggery that goes with the typical * fan, the effect on recruiting would be horrible. Yes, we will still get top 5 classes, but that helps us NONE when * gets the #1 or #2 classes every year. This year is a great example of that. The fact that Darius White is dithering about his choice is evident of that. * has a good bit of WR talent next year (even though they lose a lot at a number of other critical places next year), we need help, but he's still trying to figure out between the two of us.

baja okla
11/27/2009, 10:57 AM
The horns and gators will win out, however, they don't make all that impressive of a match-up. Unlike last year when there were two teams coming into the MNC that were on fire.

I do like McCoy, but cannot pull for Mack. Like an earlier post, got sick of him last year. But Tebow sucks and after my trip to the "Gator home team bowl" last year I hate their fans too. Ignorant a** hats. Why can't they both just lose? Alabama / TCU would be fun !!

Johnny Utah
11/27/2009, 01:35 PM
This whole "sec,sec, sec" thing I think is really overblown and not an accurate stereotype of the average fan down here--you guys are just seeing and focusing on a few yahoos that happen to be in front of the camera lens at some of the games. While our conference has a pretty rich heritage and tradition, and has done well in the BCS championship games, most of us individually down here are still independent thinkers(despite what the media tries to portray the South as being) and aren't afraid to pull for other teams outside the conference. For example, there's a huge amount of respect down here for you guys and your program, and you can bet there were many, many others like myself last year pulling for your guys against Florida.

If we're fortunate enough to get to the BCS title game, it's good to know we'll have at least some good Oklahoma folks cheering us on! RTR/BS

I'm interested to read this and wonder if whole "sec,sec, sec" thing is more prevalent in larger metro areas like Atlanta, New Orleans, etc. The less populated areas are probably more fans of their states main school/team, while the major metros probably have more transplants that have glommed onto this whole "sec,sec, sec" thing. In all honesty in the Atlanta area I do see people sporting the gear, stickers, etc. of more than 1 sec team which plays to the whole bandwagon/frontrunner fan perception. Then there are also sites like this: http://www.secsportsfan.com/index.html

soonervegas
11/27/2009, 01:37 PM
I think Texas is a horrible matchup for Florida. Unless Nebraska gets it done I think Mack gets #2.

JLEW1818
11/27/2009, 01:38 PM
So the Florida Defense is gonna let McCoy run all over them? lol

just remember, we had the number 1 offense .. like ever

and Florida held us to 14 .. same defense

Texas showed how good their defense was last night ...... THE BIG 12 SUCKS THIS SEASON.. we must face the facts

the number 2 team right now (Oklahoma State) lost to Houston.......

Tech lost to Houston............

Houston lost to UTEP

the big 12 is horrible this year

the_ouskull
11/27/2009, 02:19 PM
You're finally pumping something other than sunshine. Congrats. Now if only you could do it at above a 3rd grade level...

the_ouskull

OK2LA
11/27/2009, 06:55 PM
Not sure what kind of logic you're using with your rooting for Texas thoughts.

Just because you live in a certain area of the country, and you're sick of hearing about the SEC?

What is going to have a more direct affect on the team you normally "root" for? (I assume that is Oklahoma)

If a SEC team wins the National Championship again or if your biggest rival, where you get better than 65% of your players wins the MNC?

I don't see any value in "rooting" for Texas to win the MNC. Then again, I might be jaded by my hate for the :texan:

oupride
11/27/2009, 07:18 PM
I will never root for texas. If you lived here, you wouldn't either.

BlownGP
11/28/2009, 01:52 AM
Bigeasysooner. You dont have it bad.. Try living on baton rouge and working with LSU fans...

I get crap all year long about OU. So I love to see LSU lose!!! Oh god, I was happy with Les layed a fat one at ole miss...

BTW, on topic. I rather rout for Texas then any SEC team, with that being said. I dont see Texas beating florida, but I think they can beat bama.

BigEasySooner
11/29/2009, 10:38 AM

That might be the case in your area but trust me it isn't in mine.

I get to listen to on a daily basis:

1: SEC winner should get an automatic MNC bid regardless of record.

2: SEC teams should just replay each other for the MNC because they are the best two teams anyways.

3: I'm not sure LSU couldn't hang with the Cleveland Browns.

4: A bottom dwelling SEC team could run the table in any other conference.

5: USC, Texas, and OU would never compete much less go undefeated in the SEC

The SEC really, really needs to be taken down several pegs. In an ideal world Texas loses and TCU beats up on an SEC team in the MNC.

I don't care, I just don't wanna hear about anymore SEC dominance.

Mile High Sooner
11/29/2009, 03:37 PM
The only reason I cheered for the USuC loss was the fact of the condom's encroachment upon our winning streak.

Every Sooner fan should pull for the Corn on Saturday to put an L on Fexas' season. It's the only way to give TCU a shot at a BCS MNC.

tbl
11/29/2009, 05:06 PM

No. As a fan of a team outside the SEC, I have perspective you don't and I can say you're definitely in the minority. I have a few close friends that are level headed, but I know MANY UGA fans that are all about the SEC, same for Auburn, LSU, and Bama fans.

Sabanball
11/29/2009, 06:54 PM
No. As a fan of a team outside the SEC, I have perspective you don't and I can say you're definitely in the minority. I have a few close friends that are level headed, but I know MANY UGA fans that are all about the SEC, same for Auburn, LSU, and Bama fans.
No you dont. Believe me, your perspective is not all that unique.

That may be true, regarding dawg fans--though I doubt it. Many of them do seem to have a superiority complex about their school anyways. But I've never gotten the impression that it was about their conference, with most of their fans.

You're painting fans of SEC schools with a broad brush, and while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it is probably more shaped by what you're hearing and seeing from the media than the average "Joe Fan" on the street. I'm in and out of Atlanta all the time and have been for over 40 yrs(only live 85 miles from metro ATL), and that's not my honest perspective at all--that the overwhelming majority of fans are loyal first to a conference over everybody else but their favorite team. ATL is a very diverse, international city that doesn't even consider college sports it's main thing. It's more of a pro sports town. For that reason alone I wouldn't gauge what the average SEC fan is like by what I encounter there.

I really think all this whining and griping about this "sec, sec, sec" paranoia is rooted in sour grapes anyway--Maybe if some teams from some other conferences would start putting some crystal balls in their trophy cases in January then you would stop hearing so much about the SEC. Until that happens, my advice would be to get used to it....;)

olevetonahill
11/29/2009, 07:14 PM
Since WE aint in It , Im rootin Fer Bammer
Kiss my *** :D

SPuL
11/29/2009, 07:24 PM
Okay, I've had a little more time to let this sh*t process, and I'm hoping to dole out a little Skull karma to A&M.

I have, as an OU football fan, done things that would make people cringe to support our team; things that, were more people still men, would - and should - have gotten my arse beaten repeatedly.

I would rather detail those stories to my own mother, with porn sounds playing in the background, whilst forgetting to put my coat on before going outside ("You'll catch a COLD, Danny!") and running with scissors than to ever even briefly consider the possibility of Tejas winning another f*cking championship in my lifetime, or in the lifetime of my (hypothetical) children.

Seeing f*cking Radio hoist the trophy standing over the bodies (sans feet) of the team who lost their feet in our *sses the year before wasn't exactly what I'd call "Super Sweet." Seeing Gizmo's g*y human brother hoist the trophy only four years later isn't next on my list... especially with us losing three of them in the interim.

It's bad enough that Tim "ByGod" Tebow is probably going to win another stiff arm, and another ring... (Roll, f'in' Tide!) but I'd rather have to hear "under Tim" added to the Pledge of Allegiance than see Tejas win that crystal ball. There is not a single measurable way that Tejas winning the national championship helps OU as a program. Not one. Not. One. (Sin, Jenni C.)

NOTHING about Texas winning would be good for OU. In fact, it would be very, very, very BAD for OU if this were to happen.

- Mack's got two since Bob's last one, AND he's the current big dog. Yeah, THAT won't hurt us in recrui....

...wait a second.

No, I'll come back to that. (Let me just go on the record right now to say, if Tejas DOES turn my stomach in January, then I think OU will return the favor within four years.)

- Mack will have done, twice, what Bob could not, and, in doing so, win it all both times. (I'm "assuming" Tejas is going to play Florida, because I want the opposite to happen. )
- It's already to the point where I'll hear the argument for Mack being a better coach than Bob. Him winning another one will seal that argument before it ever gets started. (And a large part of why I'll hear it, by the way, is in regard to their treatment of their assistant coaches... Mack is smart enough to cut bait...)

It would put the record, in the BIGGEST of Big Games, at Mack: 2-0, and Bob: 1-3. Yes, getting there DOES matter... to everybody who doesn't win them.

Oklahoma State? F*ck 'em. BUT, we can't brag to Florida about "getting there," 'cause they've been getting there and winning them too. Mack pulls this off, and the same holds true for Tejas.

I challenge you to come up with one way that Tejas winning a(nother) national f*cking championship would benefit OU.. other than the fact that I think that, if they do, we'll win one within four years...

One. Go!

Idiot.

the_ouskull

Like the internet geeks like to say:

PWNED

delhalew
11/29/2009, 07:26 PM
Sb, I like you and respect your opinions, but I disagree strongly on this one. I've lived all over, but for the purposes of this conversation, let's talk about Atlanta, New Orleans, and Fla(orlando,lakeland, crestview, and daytona).

When we won the NC, I was in Atlanta and practically had to bust heads to watch the Sooners in a bar. These people would rather watch FSU than anything west of the Mississippi River. This was the same wherever I was in the south.

The conversations I had were UNBELIEVABLE my brother. I will say in Mobile and Huntsville, Alabama I saw a strange respect for Oklahoma(much the same as that we have for Bama) that I feel comes from being a TRUE superpower and understanding tradition.

All in all...in the south most fans will sing the praises of SEC equal to their own teams.

C&CDean
11/29/2009, 07:41 PM
I haven't read this thread, and I won't. However, I will say this:

I'd rather take an elephant's penis, embedded with samurai swords, barbed wire, and Michael Strahan's crooked teef straight up my pooper than cheer for Texas. Shoot me in the face with a blunt arrow from a Jerry Lewis kid excursion to the woods. Rub my testes over an 8" bench grinder with a wire wheel. Rip my ****ing guts out ala Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Fry my body over a wagon wheel and a bed of coals tended by pissed off Apaches ala Duel at Diablo. Do all that ****, and more, and I still wouldn't root for Texas. In anything.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 07:46 PM
I haven't read this thread, and I won't. However, I will say this:

I'd rather take an elephant's penis, embedded with samurai swords, barbed wire, and Michael Strahan's crooked teef straight up my pooper than cheer for Texas. Shoot me in the face with a blunt arrow from a Jerry Lewis kid excursion to the woods. Rub my testes over an 8" bench grinder with a wire wheel. Rip my ****ing guts out ala Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Fry my body over a wagon wheel and a bed of coals tended by pissed off Apaches ala Duel at Diablo. Do all that ****, and more, and I still wouldn't root for Texas. In anything.

But tell us how you really feel.:D Thanks for that Dean.

ashley
11/29/2009, 08:26 PM
never ever

Okie35
11/29/2009, 08:33 PM
So the Florida Defense is gonna let McCoy run all over them? lol

just remember, we had the number 1 offense .. like ever

and Florida held us to 14 .. same defense

Texas showed how good their defense was last night ...... THE BIG 12 SUCKS THIS SEASON.. we must face the facts

the number 2 team right now (Oklahoma State) lost to Houston.......

Tech lost to Houston............

Houston lost to UTEP

the big 12 is horrible this year

Once Mccoy and Shipley get hit in the mouth. The game will be over. Plus the Whorns don't fair well against running QBs obviously.

Okie35
11/29/2009, 08:36 PM
Bigeasysooner. You dont have it bad.. Try living on baton rouge and working with LSU fans...

I get crap all year long about OU. So I love to see LSU lose!!! Oh god, I was happy with Les layed a fat one at ole miss...

BTW, on topic. I rather rout for Texas then any SEC team, with that being said. I dont see Texas beating florida, but I think they can beat bama.
Yea that's the same thing I believe.

Sabanball
11/29/2009, 08:37 PM
Sb, I like you and respect your opinions, but I disagree strongly on this one. I've lived all over, but for the purposes of this conversation, let's talk about Atlanta, New Orleans, and Fla(orlando,lakeland, crestview, and daytona).

When we won the NC, I was in Atlanta and practically had to bust heads to watch the Sooners in a bar. These people would rather watch FSU than anything west of the Mississippi River. This was the same wherever I was in the south.

The conversations I had were UNBELIEVABLE my brother. I will say in Mobile and Huntsville, Alabama I saw a strange respect for Oklahoma(much the same as that we have for Bama) that I feel comes from being a TRUE superpower and understanding tradition.All in all...in the south most fans will sing the praises of SEC equal to their own teams.

You'll find that throughout our state. Our fans, generally speaking, have an extreme amount of respect for your program, more than you'll probably ever know--and quite a few of us actually pull for you guys--which is easy to do, because we play each other so rarely. And yes, I guess some of it can be attributed to the fact that we are both traditional "superpowers", but I think actually it's much deeper than that. If that was all it was, then we'd feel the same way about Notre Dame and Michigan--which we don't. I think it's due to other things, like--we're both relatively poor states, mainly rural, no major pro sports(at least in football), similar cultures(both are very conservative states), and even though we both rank very low in a lot of areas, football happens to be something we're both good at...;)
I guess that's why this "sec, sec, sec" thing and people choosing to pull for Texas simply for that reason kind of just causes me to scratch me head. Besides, the whole premise of the argument is stupid if you ask me--even if some SEC fans wanna chant this and cheer on their conference, what's so wrong with it anyway? The last few years, the teams in our conference have at least given a reason to cheer in January by bringing home the hardware, the only time the polls REALLY count.

If someone wants to knock the SEC "down a peg", then maybe they could start by beating one of their members in the BCS title game. I'm confident it will happen eventually, but until it does, I don't get all the handwringing over the media coverage of our conference.

delhalew
11/29/2009, 08:41 PM
You'll find that throughout our state. Our fans, generally speaking, have an extreme amount of respect for your program, more than you'll probably ever know--and quite a few of us actually pull for you guys. And yes, I guess some of it can be attributed to the fact that we are both traditional "superpowers", but I think actually it's much deeper than that. If that was all it was, then we'd feel the same way about Notre Dame and Michigan--which we don't. I think it's due to other things, like--we're both relatively poor states, mainly rural, no major pro sports(at least in football), similar cultures(both are very conservative states), and even though we both rank very low in a lot of areas, football happens to be something we're both good at...;)
I guess that's why this "sec, sec, sec" thing and people choosing to pull for Texas simply for that reason kind of just causes me to scratch me head.

Well said. I can't fathom pulling Texas. Obviously, you are just as put off by this "sec,sec" trend.

soonerloyal
11/29/2009, 09:15 PM
Aw, Jeezus...21-post noobs rooting for Texas... bleccchhh. :texan:

yankee
11/29/2009, 09:48 PM
can you imagine all the **** texas fans would talk? especially if they beat florida. "you guys couldn't do it last year, so we had to do it for you." i can hear it already. i'll **** nancy pelosi before i'd root for texas.

SPuL
11/29/2009, 10:14 PM
^already had to go through that once with USC. Wouldn't like to go through it again. no sir!

85sooners
11/29/2009, 11:11 PM
**** all whorn fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ouwasp
11/29/2009, 11:58 PM
I can only recall two times that I pulled for tex....

2000 against Stanford so they'd be ranked higher when OU played them; I enjoyed watching them lose anyhow.

Against USC, I wanted the trojan run to end, plus I figured VY might go ahead and go pro.

I usually want osu to lose to tex, but I don't really care either.

I want Texas to lose on a bad McCoy pass that gets returned for a TD, with Shipley missing a tackle on the play. :D

tbl
11/30/2009, 11:27 AM
No you dont. Believe me, your perspective is not all that unique.

That may be true, regarding dawg fans--though I doubt it. Many of them do seem to have a superiority complex about their school anyways. But I've never gotten the impression that it was about their conference, with most of their fans.

You're painting fans of SEC schools with a broad brush, and while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it is probably more shaped by what you're hearing and seeing from the media than the average "Joe Fan" on the street. I'm in and out of Atlanta all the time and have been for over 40 yrs(only live 85 miles from metro ATL), and that's not my honest perspective at all--that the overwhelming majority of fans are loyal first to a conference over everybody else but their favorite team. ATL is a very diverse, international city that doesn't even consider college sports it's main thing. It's more of a pro sports town. For that reason alone I wouldn't gauge what the average SEC fan is like by what I encounter there.

I really think all this whining and griping about this "sec, sec, sec" paranoia is rooted in sour grapes anyway--Maybe if some teams from some other conferences would start putting some crystal balls in their trophy cases in January then you would stop hearing so much about the SEC. Until that happens, my advice would be to get used to it....;)

I live here dude, and I'm telling you that is not the case. I'm not talking about the local media. Heck I don't even watch the local media. I'm talking about guys I know and talk to personally (customers, friends, etc). The overwhelming feeling is their team first, their division of the SEC second (that just blows me away), then the SEC as a whole. Many UGA fans rooted for the Gators last year playing us. I had a UGA fan give me a "go Gators" in a parking lot. It's unfathomable, but it happens all the time.

That said, I will still root for Bama any day over Texas. Florida... I'm just not sure about that one.

boomermagic
11/30/2009, 02:12 PM
Alabama is my second team, can't root for tx if they play bama. if its FL... i just wont care..
Yep, les sucks

Bama is my second favorite team as well.. If it's between tx. and fl. I'll go with the horns.. Damn that hurt..

TMcGee86
11/30/2009, 04:55 PM
I am rooting for ut to get destoryed by either bama or florida.

And I was rooting for ut against USC. It's all about the greater good, I didn't want 47 touched, ut served that purpose so I rooted for them.

However here there is nothing good to come of it. IF ut wins, all we will hear is that OU is overrated and UT would have beaten florida last year had we not lucked our way in, just as they would have beaten USC the year before had they gotten the chance we had last year.

Any time going forward there is a question about ut or OU going to an MNC, ut will always get the nod. We will be seen as choking dogs, and ut will be seen as BCS winners.

in short, Tuck Fexas.

LiveLaughLove
11/30/2009, 06:37 PM
I will cheer on Colt McCoy. I am ok with Mack "I'll answer that one for Chrissy" Brown. I absolutely can't stand texas.

I am ok with Tebow. I am ok with Myer. I dislike Florida.

I have no clue who is bama's qb. I dislike Saban. I am ok with bama.

In short, I probably wont watch, but will flip through it throughout the night to see who's doing what.

As for helping/hurting OU, a texas win would be horrible for us. A bama or florida win would be ok. A rout of texas of epic proportions (think '05) would be best for us, but worst for our conference.

tbl
12/6/2009, 10:07 PM
ROLL TIDE!!!!!

sooneron
12/6/2009, 10:26 PM
F'in A ROLL TIDE!!! and they will.

will.

GottaHavePride
12/6/2009, 10:54 PM
ROLL DAMN TIDE!

Buckwheat
12/6/2009, 11:02 PM
Roll Tide for their 113 NCs.

Piware
12/7/2009, 01:11 AM
Hope 'Bama beats them like a rented mule! Sick to death of Mack's whining, airplane banners, stinkin' Whorn fans and their big mouths, etc. Alabama respects our program, is a class act and has great fans if the folks who came to Norman are any indication.

I rooted for them against USC and came to regret it. I want one thing from Texas every year and that is for them to kick the sheep poop out of OSU. I would be fine with them going 1-12 from now to the end of time.

ROLL TIDE!

SoonerShark
12/7/2009, 01:17 AM
I look forward to the national championship game, the Fiesta Bowl with TCU and Boise State. The Horned Frogs are the best team in the nation this year. Texas in the national championship game would be like kissing a frog and expecting it to turn into a prince. Sometimes a frog is just a frog.

SoonerShark
12/7/2009, 01:18 AM
After the 1972 season, a cowardly Bear Bryant chose to play Texas in the Cotton Bowl rather than playing 10-1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl since he could not win the Sugar Bowl match-up. Texas beat Alabama in an upset. This is a true story. OU went on to defeat Penn State in the Sugar Bowl in Chuck Fairbank's final game as the Sooner coach.

SoonerShark
12/7/2009, 01:24 AM
Of course, the SEC and SWC states believed that humans could own humans into the 1960s and did not allow African-Americans to play on its teams until around 1970, which is why they wore those pointy hoods.

yermom
12/7/2009, 01:55 AM
ok, after rethinking a bit...

**** Texas

**** the roomates

**** one second on the clock

**** field goals

and ROLL DAMN TIDE

OUmillenium
12/7/2009, 09:57 AM
Roll Tide! Need to find me a Bear Bryant hat to wear while watching the dismantling of Tejas.

SunnySooner
12/7/2009, 10:08 AM
THANK YOU CRIMSON TIDE!!!!!! It's fabulous to live in Jacksonville after that beatdown!!!! I've never seen car flags disppear this fast. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Now Roll Tide, Beat saxet, and you will forever own a special place in my heart!!!!!!!

SoonerMavrick25
12/7/2009, 10:28 AM
If Texas makes it to the NC game I will be rooting for them

Is there a F*CK NO! button? Because I just clicked it.

As a sooner fan, I don't think you can ever root for them. It does nothing but hurt us if they win. I wish Colt would have ran around for a second longer and for them to loose the game like that.... It would have made my football season...

The following post is under review..

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2009, 10:37 AM
I can't wait till 'Bama has Colty boy and Ole Yellow Teef crying on the sidelines. This will look like the OU-USC MNC game. Bammer is so going to hammer saxet.

OUDizzle
12/7/2009, 11:06 AM
The Big 12 South should secede.

And then use Baylor and OSU as decoys in the war to annex Nebraska and TCU.

They will be remembered... maybe.

texas bandman
12/7/2009, 11:34 AM
I went to 2 RRS as a member of the Pride. The crap we had to endure makes it impossible to root for Uterus.

Roll Tide!

TUSooner
12/7/2009, 11:45 AM
I'm doing a major flip-flop, here. Originally, I thought I could be for +exas as a Big XII team over any SEC team, but after seeing those brats, precious little Colty-boy and his spin-daddy Clappy Mack, in the Big XII CG, I just can't do anything but hate +exas and hope for their dismemberment and humiliation.

freakhorn
12/7/2009, 12:36 PM
I can't wait till 'Bama has Colty boy and Ole Yellow Teef crying on the sidelines. This will look like the OU-USC MNC game. Bammer is so going to hammer saxet.

sorry horn hater, horns will not roll over and die like your gutless team did. texas d will keep them in this game and it will be low scoring. best kicker will win it for their team.

yermom
12/7/2009, 12:42 PM
you might have been able to hold off OU and Nebraska, barely, but we didn't have a Heisman quality RB with a line that can actually block

good luck holding Bama to 4 FGs

beer4me
12/7/2009, 12:45 PM
sorry horn hater, horns will not roll over and die like your gutless team did. texas d will keep them in this game and it will be low scoring. best kicker will win it for their team.

A horn hater on a OU board..imagine that

Bourbon St Sooner
12/7/2009, 12:51 PM
whorn should be worried about the fact that they've played 2 good defenses this year and Colt has looked like a deer in the headlights in both games.

The game saturday showed they are just not championship caliber. The only guy on their team with any real heart is their kicker.

Johnny Utah
12/7/2009, 12:55 PM
I've never seen car flags disppear this fast. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Loyal fanbase ... did they replace their Gator gear with their NY Yankees gear?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2009, 02:30 PM
you might have been able to hold off OU and Nebraska, barely, but we didn't have a Heisman quality RB with a line that can actually block

Couldn't have had a better reply, thanks.

If Colt is as inept against Bammer as he was against Nebbish, it will be a long day for the whorns.

A Sooner in Texas
12/7/2009, 02:37 PM
Thank you Crimson Tide, for now allowing me to watch the BCS championship without wanting to hurl. Bama is going to make Texass want to hurl.

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 02:40 PM

says the man who sack has just now relaxed out of his throat. you think 9 sacks against nebbish is bad, wait till you get a hold of those wooly mammoths down from tuscaloosa. you guys are going to get force fed large donkey peckers with a spoon....

Jello Biafra
12/7/2009, 02:55 PM
hey freak, do you fans even realize nebbish had 106 total yards on the game,

2-16 on 3rd down conversions and had less than 50 yards in the first half? yeh, that game. you guys won by 1 and it took a replay to get you the win....common theme this year it seems.

Piware
12/7/2009, 08:32 PM
After the 1972 season, a cowardly Bear Bryant chose to play Texas in the Cotton Bowl rather than playing 10-1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl since he could not win the Sugar Bowl match-up. Texas beat Alabama in an upset. This is a true story. OU went on to defeat Penn State in the Sugar Bowl in Chuck Fairbank's final game as the Sooner coach.

I remember it well. There were signs in the crowd that said "Hey Bear - Welcome to the Chicken Bowl".

tulsaoilerfan
12/7/2009, 08:36 PM
After the way Mack Brown cried last season there is no way on Earth i will ever root for those #%#%@%! again; i hope they lose by 50

MamaMia
12/7/2009, 09:04 PM
Okay, wheres BigEasySooner? Surely he didn't let a little neg fest over his plan to root for Texas run him off, because that would be ridiculous.

the_ouskull
12/8/2009, 12:16 AM
Okay, wheres BigEasySooner? Surely he didn't let a little neg fest over his plan to root for Texas run him off, because that would be ridiculous.

There's a joke in there that even I'm not touching. I wish I had Daniel Tosh's testicular fortitude. I'm another shot of Ny-Quil away from making the requisite "blown away by our emotional outpouring" and "flooded by emotions" jokes.

Crap, I did it anyway, didn't I? God bless the night-time, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, achy, stuffy head, fever, so I can talk sh*t medicine. Oh, and f*ck Tejas and any so-called Sooner who would root for them right in the goat *ss.

the_ouskull

gotpoi73
12/8/2009, 01:11 AM
sooner born
sooner bread
when i die
i'll be sooner dead....
tuck fexas
roll tide!!!!

jdsooner
12/8/2009, 02:03 AM

Maybe you can get the refs to give you some extra time to get that winning field goal. If not, Mack can just pout a lot. And congratulations on winning the 2008 Big 12 South Championship.:texan:

tbl
12/8/2009, 09:49 AM
sooner bread

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/facepalm.jpg

abOUtwinning
12/8/2009, 10:02 AM
I look forward to Bama smacking saxet...
and the icing would be to see Colt weeping on the sidelines like Timmy...

sooneron
12/8/2009, 10:27 AM
Guys, texas is so in this game! I mean they beat our second string offense by a field goal- just imagine what they'll do to...

oh nevermind. I was going to say that after the national spanking they will return to some mediocrity and break :mack:s 10 win season streak, but they have yet another gutless ooc schedule coming up in 2010, so :mack: has ensured that it will remain intact... well, maybe

gotpoi73
12/8/2009, 03:36 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/facepalm.jpg

good at football and delicious

SeattleOUstudent
1/5/2010, 12:55 PM
Dallas is starting to look like Bama West. I wish I had a Bama shirt to wear on Thurs. I hate you Texas. Forever.

soonerhubs
1/5/2010, 01:02 PM
sorry horn hater, horns will not roll over and die like your gutless team did. texas d and some bribed officiating crew, like all season,will keep them in this game and it will be low scoring. best kicker will win it for their team.

Fixed. :D

TexasLidig8r
1/5/2010, 04:36 PM

Pullleeezzzee...

Hypesman quality running back???

The next top 10 rushing category Ingram appears in will be his first top 10 rushing category.

Would that "Hypesman" quality include:

56 yards against Florida International?

91 yards against North Texas State?

50 yards against Arkansas?

102 yards against Chattanooga Choo Choo?

30 yards against Allbarn?

GKeeper316
1/5/2010, 04:39 PM
Pullleeezzzee...

Hypesman quality running back???

The next top 10 rushing category Ingram appears in will be his first top 10 rushing category.

Would that "Hypesman" quality include:

56 yards against Florida International?

91 yards against North Texas State?

50 yards against Arkansas?

102 yards against Chattanooga Choo Choo?

30 yards against Allbarn?

whatever gets you through the night, princess.

cows are gonna get smashed. cant wait to see it.

ROLL TIDE!

JLEW1818
1/5/2010, 04:39 PM
he did okay against Florida ...

oudavid1
1/5/2010, 05:45 PM
As an OU fan i like the SEC more than i like texas, why the hell would i ever want people in Burnt Orange to be happy?? The SEC is 1000 miles away, do you really wanna listen to Texas brag about there 3-Point win over OUs second string, oh and texas does not have a good defense, you gave up 17 points to Colorado at home, you cant beat a team (Alabama) that will go up by 14 and run the ball (and the clock)

Collier11
1/5/2010, 05:46 PM
Plus, who gives a sh*t about the SEC but we as OU fans get along with the Bama fans for the most part.