PDA

View Full Version : Sooners are 8 1/2 point favs / Zac should play for Aggies

nighttrain12
11/23/2009, 04:44 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/odds

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-OU-OSUarrives&prov=ap&type=lgns

QB Robinson resumes throwing for No. 11 Cowboys

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP)—Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy says injured quarterback Zac Robinson has resumed throwing and should play for the 11th-ranked Cowboys on Saturday at Oklahoma.

Gundy said Monday that Robinson was throwing the football over the weekend after missing Oklahoma State’s game last Thursday with injuries to his head and shoulder. Gundy says Robinson should be at “full speed” in practice and play against the Sooners (6-5, 4-3 Big 12) in the annual OU-OSU rivalry game.

A win by the Cowboys (9-2, 6-1) could earn them an at-large bid to their first BCS bowl in school history.

KantoSooner
11/23/2009, 05:24 PM
We're 8.5 point favorites?

This.....does......not......compute.

yermom
11/23/2009, 05:30 PM
Vegas knows better than to bet against us at home...

it seems a little high to me though

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 05:35 PM
Wow! I think the line will move pretty rapidly over the next few days.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 05:36 PM
The pokes have a lot more to play for than we do, unfortunately. They have a potential Fiesta bid on the line. On top of that, they may just be better than us this year. But even if they are, it is not be enough to ensure a win and we should have a chance if we come out strong. Good test for the coaches this week to sell our home field streak or in-state supremacy or whatever else they can make up to get the kids to focus.

Boomer.....
11/23/2009, 05:50 PM
It's off the board now.

VA Sooner
11/23/2009, 08:52 PM
Play the part of the underdog, Boyz.

Time to Choke the Pokes! 8.5 is a gift... kill 'em by 25.

Sorry... just trying to get back into the mood of football.

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 09:20 PM
Would seem they are trying to inspire the Sooner Folks who have bet on us to lose every week to put up or shut up.

Lay your dough on aggie on the road...then if Bob schools Gundy you can be really pissed.

Crimsontothecore
11/23/2009, 09:37 PM
Vegas knows that osu has not only had a soft schedule but they have played eight home games. Against quality teams they have lost (Houston and Texas) even though they played both games in stillwater. They did manage to beat tech but it wasn't easy and again, it was in stillwater. They did win in college station but a&m isn't exactly tough to beat. Even the Georgia win isn't that impressive since they are now .500 in conference and 6-5 overall.
When it's all said and done, the aggies have only played one team with a defense comparable to OU and that was Texas. The horns brutalized osu in their own house. Even Colorado dang near won last week in stillwater.
All said I think we win by a comfortable margin.

nighttrain12
11/23/2009, 10:17 PM
It won't let me correct the original subject line. That link I posted has 2 sportbooks listing OU as 10 point favorites and the first one they had list as 8 1/2 point favorites.

Home field as we know is huge in college football. That's what the point spread shows. I personally would take OSU + the points if forced to bet. We know OSU will be up for this game but I am not 100% sure the Sooners will be. I'll be there rooting the Sooners on though!

Boomer Mooner
11/23/2009, 10:22 PM
It's OUr turn to be the spoilers. No way we let the sheep humpers go to their first BCS bowl game.

btk108
11/23/2009, 10:24 PM
I'm hoping for another fan showing like we had last year against Tech. This season is what we've been dealt and we can bitch and whine till the cows come home without having any influence on the outcome. All the players will eventually leave and inevitably we'll get a new batch. Things may turn out this way again in the future. But WE will forever be fans and OUr support of the Sooners is the only thing we can control. See you on Saturday, BOOMER!

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 10:27 PM
I'm hoping for another fan showing like we had last year against Tech. This season is what we've been dealt and we can bitch and whine till the cows come home without having any influence on the outcome. All the players will eventually leave and inevitably we'll get a new batch. Things may turn out this way again in the future. But WE will forever be fans and OUr support of the Sooners is the only thing we can control. See you on Saturday, BOOMER!

Heh I told My Son to make sure Him and the Granddaughter were Loud as Hell when da sheepsters are on O

btk108
11/23/2009, 10:29 PM
I'll yell for ya, vet.;)

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 10:30 PM
I'll yell for ya, vet.;)

Hell Ya prolly be able to Hear Me from My Shack :D

TheHumanAlphabet
11/23/2009, 10:31 PM
OSU is going to smoke us so bad... 6-6 Baby - Houston Bowl?

Peeb
11/24/2009, 12:40 AM
xxxx

JLEW1818
11/24/2009, 12:44 AM
10 point favs by most

http://www.madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

MarylandSooner
11/24/2009, 05:29 AM
"10 point favs by most"

we have had a hard time scoring ten points lately let alone winning by ten.

OklaPony
11/24/2009, 09:17 AM
This has more to do with the amount of money predicted to be bet on OU as opposed to OSU. It's no so much about who is the better team. It'll be interesting to see how the line moves during the week.

rawlingsHOH
11/24/2009, 09:45 AM
The pokes have a lot more to play for than we do, unfortunately. They have a potential Fiesta bid on the line. On top of that, they may just be better than us this year. But even if they are, it is not be enough to ensure a win and we should have a chance if we come out strong. Good test for the coaches this week to sell our home field streak or in-state supremacy or whatever else they can make up to get the kids to focus.

I hope the Big 12 officials don't know this. I remember Texas/Kansas 2004.