PDA

View Full Version : How to tell your team didn't meet expectations...

colleyvillesooner
11/23/2009, 04:43 PM
I'm going to have to take off work to watch our ****ing bowl game.

Sun Bowl
12/31/09
Noon kickoff

NormanPride
11/23/2009, 04:47 PM
Just work, it will be less painful.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 05:39 PM
You have to deselect the "Top-25" option on the ESPN score menu.

VA Sooner
11/23/2009, 05:44 PM
Ouch.

So true... having to take off work myself to make sure I can watch the game.

But that's OK... if we win, it will make up for the lousy, injury-filled season cursed by the football gods this year by throwing a redshirt freshman under the bus behind an o-line put together by third-string and fourth-string players and band members while the Sooner Nation goes up in arms trying to fire every coach, assistant, athletic director, and water boy within range of Norman after every road game.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 05:54 PM
Ever other thread title on the message board contains the word "fire".

Chuck Bao
11/23/2009, 06:02 PM
I got a rare chance to see an OU game on my cable TV in Asia and I stopped watching the Texas Tech game in the second half and instead listened to Bob Barry. Although his commentary is frustrating at times, his frustration seemed to match my own.

Before the season started, I was all prepared to arrange a stop-over in Los Angeles for a national championship game during my semi-annual trip home. It looks like I'll have to wait another four years for that chance.

Soonerus
11/23/2009, 06:07 PM
I think kickoff is noon, mountain time...11:00 here...

Chuck Bao
11/23/2009, 06:16 PM

That's pretty funny. Mountain-time fans get a jump on plains-time Sooner fans. Or, the Earth could have reversed its spin.

OUMallen
11/23/2009, 07:06 PM
...I can't sell my extra season tickets.

Scott D
11/23/2009, 07:29 PM

you fail at international time zones.

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 07:43 PM
You have to deselect the "Top-25" option on the ESPN score menu.

True dat. :D

And you don't have to worry about the national sports media dissing your team, because they never even mention it.

EDIT: And Noon MST = 1PM CST ;)

MamaMia
11/23/2009, 08:18 PM
You know your team didn't meet expectations when... you need some extra OU/oSu tickets scanned for the Sooner Club points and your friends, who were gracious enough to pay face value for 2 of your extra OU/oSu tickets, make you pick up the dinner tab for "doing them a favor." :O

meoveryouxinfinity
11/23/2009, 08:25 PM
...when OSU has a better record

meoveryouxinfinity
11/23/2009, 08:27 PM
...when you'd rather talk about New Moon than OU football.

STFU i'm a chick.

Scott D
11/23/2009, 08:29 PM
you better be a chick, because if a guy is thinking that way he should be considering how to score a date with Adam Lambert.

okiedokie
11/23/2009, 09:50 PM
when your already thinking about next season .......

colleyvillesooner
11/23/2009, 10:00 PM
You know your team didn't meet expectations when... you need some extra OU/oSu tickets scanned for the Sooner Club points and your friends, who were gracious enough to pay face value for 2 of your extra OU/oSu tickets, make you pick up the dinner tab for "doing them a favor." :O

I would just have the ticket scanner scan 2 tickets each. I had to do that for the A&M game. Didn't make it town in time to come to the TG to give my one extra to someone.

boomerborn79
11/23/2009, 10:20 PM
Now that's funny. My wife went to see it during the game. She came back all happy and I'm pissed about the game. My daughter say's I told you you should have come.

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:33 AM
You spend every Sat. On the couch with a Blanket over yer head

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2009, 07:08 AM
The talking head on ESPN don't say anything about your team that annoys you (or even mention it).

MrJimBeam
11/24/2009, 07:26 AM
.... when you start listing things that are more important than OU football.

Your mom and dad's health
Repairing your driveway
Taxes
Health care reform
Obama
Newclear weapons
Army Psychologist
1/2 penny over plan at work
That irregular shaped mole on your forearm

This succs

soonerboy
11/24/2009, 07:34 AM
when thinking about going to the game and seeing all those fair weather fans gone kinda puts a smile on your face :)

TUSooner
11/24/2009, 08:58 AM
You know your team didn't meet expectations when...

Your only remaining interest in the BCS blather is considering which team you DON'T want to win the MNC.

schlanker
11/24/2009, 02:28 PM
Its sweet that it is a noon game. I can catch the last flight on Southwest and be back in Dallas to party on new years eve. Heres hoping it is against Notre Dame.

Blues1
11/24/2009, 02:36 PM
I've Always Watched "The Sun Bowl" -

One reason it is a *Older Established Bowl Game* and does have some Real Tradition (No Matter who is Playing) - #2 - It does have some exciting games to watch as well last minute heroes -- It seems Like a FUN Game for those who promote it and for those who attend -- I will be there watching IF OU is there or Not.....

Keep Rockin' Sun Bowl ~~~~ :)

ocsooner
11/24/2009, 02:41 PM
You start thinking about Basketball before the end of November.

King Barry's Back
11/24/2009, 03:14 PM
Agree with Blues on the Sun Bowl. Never attended the game, but remember many times half-way watching it on the corner TV at work.

About ten years ago I spent a week in El Paso on business. Had all my evenings free.

Really enjoyed it. FABULOUS Mexican food. Good barbecue.

Told myself "If OU ever goes to the Sun Bowl, I'm coming back!"

Well, now I can't make it.

goingoneight
11/24/2009, 05:22 PM
I painted my kitchen walls last Saturday at halftime. Never tuned back in.

I'm doing tile this weekend, but at least we'll win... so the fear of embarassment won't deter me from the TV. Maybe I can start at halftime again... this time for the right reasons.

Scott D
11/24/2009, 05:30 PM
.... when you start listing things that are more important than OU football.

Your mom and dad's health
Repairing your driveway
Taxes
Health care reform
Obama
Newclear weapons
Army Psychologist
1/2 penny over plan at work
That irregular shaped mole on your forearm

This succs

well having a lot of that stuff snowball on you from the beginning of the year can also put the time you spend agonizing over sports teams you have loyalty to can change your perspective on what's important also.

Salt City Sooner
11/24/2009, 07:16 PM
your TV screen has more divots in it than a golf course....:eek:

boomerborn79
11/24/2009, 10:35 PM
I painted my kitchen walls last Saturday at halftime. Never tuned back in.

I'm doing tile this weekend, but at least we'll win... so the fear of embarassment won't deter me from the TV. Maybe I can start at halftime again... this time for the right reasons.

That's funny, I dusted my entertainment system:D