Paul Thompson - junior
11-for-26, 42.3%, 109 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 69.8 rating

Nate Hybl - junior
246-for-412, 59.7%, 2409 yards, 14 TDs, 13 INTs, 113.7 rating
Jason White - sophomore
73-for-113, 64.6%, 681 yards, 5 TDs, 3 INTs, 124.5 rating

SoonerMavrick25
11/23/2009, 02:00 PM
Can you tell me those stats minus home games??

rawlingsHOH
11/23/2009, 02:04 PM
OU certainly struggles away from home. Though I would be surprised if someone dare put that soley on Landry, since the stigma has been around for a few years now.

NormanPride
11/23/2009, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Despite the fact that Sam isn't a senior, and Paul played in like one game where the whole offense stank... Jason also got injured in 2001 and couldn't finish the season. What is your point with all this?

OUDoc
11/23/2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Despite the fact that Sam isn't a senior, and Paul played in like one game where the whole offense stank... Jason also got injured in 2001 and couldn't finish the season. What is your point with all this?

That the second QB listed was the better QB. ;)

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 02:30 PM
I thought it had something to do with the brewing process of Natty Light.

rawlingsHOH
11/23/2009, 02:34 PM
Sorry about the mistake, senior student, junior eligibility.

I listed the QBs that took snaps in the 01, 05, and 09 seasons. The seasons our offenses struggled the most under Stoops. And not coincidently, coming off national title apperances. With heavy senior and injury losses.

What is your point with all this?
Sam Bradford, 134.5 rating
Landry Jones, 131.7 rating
Jason White, 124.5 rating
Nate Hybl, 113.7 rating
Rhett Bomar, 113.5 rating
Paul Thompson, 69.8 rating

Jones is fine.

OUDoc
11/23/2009, 02:37 PM
The only thing I see is that the first QB listed was highly criticized/unappreciated during his playing days at OU and the second one listed had songs written about him.

Did I win anything?

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 02:51 PM
facts are facts. don't bother posting any of this crap. noones buying it.
no matter what happens from here on out, this season will go down as the worst in OU football history for some people. noone remembers the kings final day on campus. noone remembers losing to BYU in the copper bowl...noone remembers standing at the colorado game in 1995 getting all over colorado and ending up losing that game. noone remembers the pokes making phucking coins for the 12-0 shutout they handed us. noone remembers the 16 penalties a game during the john blake years. noone remembers several players walking off the team because boo was asked to leave. noone remembers the players getting together and deciding to stay on the team. noone remembers how happy we were to lose the bowl game in 1999 on a deep pass in the last few seconds to deuce mcallister...because we were on the way back.

people...this has EVERY thing to do with the youth of this offense and the injuries in which these kids are asked to play too early. jones wasnt ready. thats why sam came back. the WRs are young and with sam in there and gresham in there, we wouldn't have to worry about the lack of experience at oline and the lack of experience at reciever. because teams will have to respect the pass as much as the pass, they wont be able to pin their ears back.
the line is unsure of what they are doing, who they are suppose to block and the injuries are piling up. the coaches are scrambling trying to make plays happen but the more they pile on them, the more confused they get about the block and who to block. they are thinking about all of this presnap and next thing you know, boom! false start so now they stand back and make sure they are not off sides next time and because they are a split second too late getting off the ball, they get beat to the corner on a blitz so they have to hold the jersey.....

snowball people. sit down, shut up and clap. clap like your crotch is on fire and the wind from the clapping is putting it out. these young kids need us to be there and to be positive. i beg you, shut up or leave. there are plenty of people standing behind you waiting on your tickets.

TXBOOMER
11/23/2009, 02:54 PM
Like the old saying goes "Statistics can be deceiving". Landry is not solely to blame for these terrible offensive performances on the road. But, QB is the glamour position. If your QB can't scramble around and make plays or put it on the money when the heat is turned up they won't be recognized as being very good regardless of stats. As far as those stats. go 20 of his TD's and most of his completions and yards were against Tulsa and Tator State, aTm, Kansas and KSU. The perspective is he is really good against questionable defenses at home and really bad on the road against average or better defenses. With that being said, I really hope the dude lifts weights, runs, improves accuracy and is a stud next year. That goes for the rest of the O as well.

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 03:00 PM
If your QB can't scramble around and make plays or put it on the money when the heat is turned up they won't be recognized as being very good regardless of stats.

the thing is, i think he is asked to stand in the pocket and make the read. the internal timer in his head is chiming loudly and when he gets to a point in which he thinks hes about to be hit, he winds up and rifles it.

josh didnt do this because his offense wasn't a quick hit type offense. this one is. jason whites offense wasn't a quick hit offense but sams was. see what im saying? i dont know, maybe we should have him roll out and see if he can hit some targets better. he's not short but maybe he just cant see all the receivers yet.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 03:04 PM
noone remembers the kings final day on campus. noone remembers losing to BYU in the copper bowl...noone remembers standing at the colorado game in 1995 getting all over colorado and ending up losing that game. noone remembers the pokes making phucking coins for the 12-0 shutout they handed us. noone remembers the 16 penalties a game during the john blake years. noone remembers several players walking off the team because boo was asked to leave.

Noone remembers the lyrics, "Something tells me I'm into something good."

Everybody sing now!

"Something tells me I'm into something good."

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 03:09 PM
Noone remembers the lyrics, "Something tells me I'm into something good."

Everybody sing now!

"Something tells me I'm into something good."

i remember the lyrics to "caught in a mosh" when talkign to you....

"talking to you is like clapping with one hand"

King Barry's Back
11/23/2009, 03:13 PM
The only thing I see is that the first QB listed was highly criticized/unappreciated during his playing days at OU and the second one listed had songs written about him.

Did I win anything?

Yeah. I'll write a song about you.:D

NormanPride
11/23/2009, 03:24 PM
They call him Dr. Jellyfinger...

OUDoc
11/23/2009, 03:27 PM
I've got my backup singer.

http://www.webbnow.com/fletch%20moon%20river.jpg

rawlingsHOH
11/23/2009, 03:43 PM
Like the old saying goes "Statistics can be deceiving". Landry is not solely to blame for these terrible offensive performances on the road. But, QB is the glamour position. If your QB can't scramble around and make plays or put it on the money when the heat is turned up they won't be recognized as being very good regardless of stats. As far as those stats. go 20 of his TD's and most of his completions and yards were against Tulsa and Tator State, aTm, Kansas and KSU. The perspective is he is really good against questionable defenses at home and really bad on the road against average or better defenses. With that being said, I really hope the dude lifts weights, runs, improves accuracy and is a stud next year. That goes for the rest of the O as well.
Similar to what some said about Bradford in 2007.

Common sense says, of course your stats are going to be better against bad teams.

tommieharris91
11/23/2009, 03:48 PM
You should take a look at some of The Idiot's passing lines. You should also then realize that we might not have been bowl eligible without AD's contributions.

rawlingsHOH
11/23/2009, 03:53 PM
You should take a look at some of The Idiot's passing lines. You should also then realize that we might not have been bowl eligible without AD's contributions.

I can only imagine the man-crushing that would have been going on if his stats were even remotely close to Landry's, in 05.

SoonerMavrick25
11/23/2009, 04:06 PM

Thanks tommie.. I wasn't being smart ***... I just didn't want to look and add them up.

Who to you has more upside? Bomar or Jones?

VA Sooner
11/23/2009, 04:11 PM
no matter what happens from here on out, this season will go down as the worst in OU football history for some people. noone remembers the kings final day on campus. noone remembers losing to BYU in the copper bowl...noone remembers standing at the colorado game in 1995 getting all over colorado and ending up losing that game. noone remembers the pokes making phucking coins for the 12-0 shutout they handed us. noone remembers the 16 penalties a game during the john blake years. noone remembers several players walking off the team because boo was asked to leave. noone remembers the players getting together and deciding to stay on the team. noone remembers how happy we were to lose the bowl game in 1999 on a deep pass in the last few seconds to deuce mcallister...because we were on the way back.

people...this has EVERY thing to do with the youth of this offense and the injuries in which these kids are asked to play too early. jones wasnt ready. thats why sam came back. the WRs are young and with sam in there and gresham in there, we wouldn't have to worry about the lack of experience at oline and the lack of experience at reciever. because teams will have to respect the pass as much as the pass, they wont be able to pin their ears back.
the line is unsure of what they are doing, who they are suppose to block and the injuries are piling up. the coaches are scrambling trying to make plays happen but the more they pile on them, the more confused they get about the block and who to block. they are thinking about all of this presnap and next thing you know, boom! false start so now they stand back and make sure they are not off sides next time and because they are a split second too late getting off the ball, they get beat to the corner on a blitz so they have to hold the jersey.....

snowball people. sit down, shut up and clap. clap like your crotch is on fire and the wind from the clapping is putting it out. these young kids need us to be there and to be positive. i beg you, shut up or leave. there are plenty of people standing behind you waiting on your tickets.

Well said.

Soonerwake
11/23/2009, 04:13 PM

This is the best post I have read in a while.

I love OU football, always have, always will. As much as I hate to lose, I hate the continued bitching and moaning even more. We got whooped. Done, now let's beat up on little brother.

Back to the MNC game next year.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks tommie.. I wasn't being smart ***... I just didn't want to look and add them up.

Jones, by far, as long as he gets all his spending money from his parents. ;)

tommieharris91
11/23/2009, 04:25 PM

I personally think Landry is a better fit for what Wilson wants in a QB. I also think Landry is more accurate than Bomar ever was. I mean, Bomar put up a 5/13, 50 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT performance in Norman. Bomar clearly had the better wheels though (pun intended).

TXBOOMER
11/23/2009, 05:24 PM
I liked the imrpovement Bomar had throughout the year. I also liked his grit in the last bowl game we won. He proved to be a dumba$$, like his dad. I like his football upside better but his dishonesty and ego suck.

TXBOOMER
11/23/2009, 05:25 PM
Also, I think Bomar is the Giants emergency QB and their practice squad QB. Not that that makes a big ****.