PDA

View Full Version : Kan - Colo ~ ND ~ Who do they Raid...??

Blues1
11/23/2009, 12:39 PM
I don't see a lot of **Head Coaches** Open for another Jobs at
Kan ~ Colo ~ ND...

1. Florida (11-0) ~ Why would he Give Up at Florida (Doubtful Unless he's Nuts)
2. Alabama (11-0) ~ No Way
3. Texas (11-0) ~ No Way
4. TCU (11-0) ~ Maybe, But I wouldn't
5. Cincinnati (10-0) - (Money Honey - But Not for Kan or Colo)
6. Boise State (11-0) ~ I don't think So ~~~ But...?
7. Georgia Tech (10-1) ~ Not Kan or Colo...
8. Oregon (9-2) ~ Not Kan or Colo...
9. Pittsburgh (9-1) ~ Doubtful ~ But...?
10. Ohio State (10-2) ~ NO WAY
11. Iowa (10-2) ~ Maybe ND
12. Oklahoma State (9-2) ~ Boone Would Kill Him... :)
13. Penn State (10-2) ~ NO F****** Way
14. Virginia Tech (8 -3 ~ (Same as Above)
15. LSU (8-3) ~ Maybe ND But Doubtful
16. Oregon State (8-3) ~ Mike Riley Maybe ND
17. Miami, Fla. (8-3) ~ VERY DOUBTFUL
18. Clemson (8-3) ~ WHO KNOWS...?
19. BYU (9-2) ~~ Probably Not
20. USC (7-3) ~~~ No way....
21. Utah (9-2) ....?
22. California (8-3) ~ Maybe ND...?
23. Houston (9-2) ...I wouldn't leave Texas ~ But..?
24. North Carolina (8-3) .. ND Only....
25. Mississippi (8-3) ~ Not for Kan or Colo....

Oklahoma --- or Assistance Coaches -- Here we Go Again ~~ :)
I wouldn't think our Assistance Coaches have a lot of Star Power Right Now...But Maybe Kan ~ COLO --- ??

Others Who Might Want to Move ~ Turner Gill - UCONN Coach ~ Navy Coach ~ Stanford Coach ~ Washington Coach for maybe ND ...??

Your Turn......

TXBOOMER
11/23/2009, 01:58 PM
ND or aTm should go after Patterson at TCU. I hope they don't because i hate ND and aTm is in our conference.

Sasakwa
11/23/2009, 02:00 PM
Colorado should go after the Boise coach, that worked out well for them last time.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 02:06 PM
ND wants Kelly from Cincy
Not sure who Col or KU could pull, KU being the better job they might go after Patterson but he seems to like TCU?

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 02:20 PM
I don't really care who coaches any of those teams.

Sasakwa
11/23/2009, 02:47 PM
Turner Gill to Kansas

King Barry's Back
11/23/2009, 04:04 PM
Turner Gill to Kansas

Hasn't Turner Gill barely won a game this year?

Collier11
11/23/2009, 04:14 PM
He won the conference last year at BUFFALO, he 4-7 this year at BUFFALO, 5 of those losses are by a TD or less

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 04:15 PM
I wish all three would just musical chair their azzes to one of the others.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 04:15 PM
AT BUFFALO

OUstud
11/23/2009, 04:27 PM
KU should hire the other renaissance man from the MAC, Al Golden.

tanjou
11/23/2009, 04:31 PM
The news is that Notre Dame's most sought after prospects are established Division I head coaches with championship experience. If one of those prospects doesn't pan out, the likes of Patterson and Kelly are likely next.

It's sounding like we should expect Notre Dame to hire someone big. They're expected to be spending somewhere in the 40-60 million dollar range for the buyout of Weis and his staff (that's a 10 year contract, remember) and the signing of a new coach. The president has publicly stated a renewed emphasis on the football program and the AD has stated as much as well.

Kind of interesting, but ultimately pretty sad because Notre Dame seems to be a career ender these days.

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 05:06 PM
I don't really care who coaches any of those teams.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jacie
11/23/2009, 07:37 PM
The news is that Notre Dame's most sought after prospects are established Division I head coaches with championship experience. If one of those prospects doesn't pan out, the likes of Patterson and Kelly are likely next.

It's sounding like we should expect Notre Dame to hire someone big. They're expected to be spending somewhere in the 40-60 million dollar range for the buyout of Weis and his staff (that's a 10 year contract, remember) and the signing of a new coach. The president has publicly stated a renewed emphasis on the football program and the AD has stated as much as well.

Kind of interesting, but ultimately pretty sad because Notre Dame seems to be a career ender these days.

Isn't there a seminar or a class they could send him to, something like Coaching 101, so he could learn how? That would be a whole lot cheaper than 40-60 million dollars! How did they dig themselves into a hole that deep?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2009, 08:01 PM
I hope Patterson takes a job far from our recruiting base, so TCU could get back to being the TCU we all know and love-peers with Baylor. KU should hireTyrone Willingham, and CU should get Howard Schnellenberger.

tanjou
11/23/2009, 10:11 PM
Isn't there a seminar or a class they could send him to, something like Coaching 101, so he could learn how? That would be a whole lot cheaper than 40-60 million dollars! How did they dig themselves into a hole that deep?
Hired an alum who wanted to be there and went 10-2 and went to a BCS game in his second season and signed a top 5 recruit class. After Davie and Willingham they thought they were in the promised land and signed him to a contract so large there was no way it could be bought out.

Except by themselves, of course.

royalfan5
11/23/2009, 10:15 PM
Colorado will hire an assistant with West Coast and/or CU ties. Eric Bienemy is who I think will emerge.

KU will take a run at Kevin Sumlin.

Notre Dame hands Brian Kelly a contract and tells him to fill in the numbers.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 10:17 PM
I do not anymore of Stoops ex-coaches in the Big 12 dammit. Besides, ive heard that they will go after Patterson if Mangino gets fired

bluedogok
11/23/2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think Colorado will change coaches, they are still paying off Barnett and his staff, they don't have the money (or "wanna win" donors) to be paying for three football staffs at once (and a basketball staff) and there is a large contingent of the administration which wishes they would get rid of athletics entirely. Baylor is more willing to spend money on athletics than Colorado is.

tulsaoilerfan
11/24/2009, 08:42 AM
ND wants Kelly from Cincy
Not sure who Col or KU could pull, KU being the better job they might go after Patterson but he seems to like TCU?

Patterson would be a fool to leave TCU for KU; basketball will always be number 1 at KU

tanjou
11/24/2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think Colorado will change coaches, they are still paying off Barnett and his staff, they don't have the money (or "wanna win" donors) to be paying for three football staffs at once (and a basketball staff) and there is a large contingent of the administration which wishes they would get rid of athletics entirely. Baylor is more willing to spend money on athletics than Colorado is.
There have been strong rumors that a group of Colorado boosters are prepared to finance the buyout. First mention I heard of it was by Fowler last Thursday night, then a story over the weekend.

There are administrators at every school that would like to get rid of athletics. It will never happen anywhere.

e: here's a bit about it and the support for the buyout

http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_13839044

tulsaoilerfan
11/24/2009, 10:09 PM
If i was a betting man i would say both KU and CU will have new coaches by mid December

HToady
11/24/2009, 11:13 PM
Coach Fran is from Kansas!

Gary Patterson passed on his KSU alma mater last year. Doubtful he would go to their rival.

Also, only one in his conference that recruits in Texas. That's a sure deal!

bluedogok
11/24/2009, 11:32 PM
There have been strong rumors that a group of Colorado boosters are prepared to finance the buyout. First mention I heard of it was by Fowler last Thursday night, then a story over the weekend.
It will take something like that to get it done, the school would never do it on its own.

The rumor down here is Fran will end up back at Texas State-San Marcos, it was Southwest Texas State when he was there before. They have been looking to move up to DI-A from DI-AA and have already been upgrading facilities.

I would also be suprised if Patterson leaves TCU for anything other than a top tier program, even then he might not leave. Just like Fran found out, bigger isn't always better, he seemed to be much better suited to a TCU than a Bama or A&M and I think Patterson (and Peterson at Boise) may be a little bit of the same way. They are the big dogs in their respective conferences and for Patterson he can win with the Texas recruits that he gets.