PDA

View Full Version : For not being a Talking-Head-Fan

AzianSooner
11/22/2009, 09:55 PM
I know each of you, poster in soonerfans, is very knowledgeable, hightly analystical, and keen observation about college football. So, why don't you use your skill to help the OU football coaching staff to validate their gameplane or adding some "wrinkle" ideas each week?

The helping things can be:

1. Watching the opponent team and do some analysis, point out their weakness or something work/ not work.

2. Posting infomation about opponent player (statistic info, playing skill, weakness..)

3. Propose a trick play or idea that you think it should work.

4. Make it a topic on here every week and hope everyone can chip in their obseravation.

Who know..

TXBOOMER
11/22/2009, 10:03 PM
LOL

Leroy Lizard
11/22/2009, 10:04 PM
I know each of you, poster in soonerfans, is very knowledgeable, hightly analystical, and keen observation about college football.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Cough, cough.

Where was I?

Oh, yeah....

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

OKC-SLC
11/23/2009, 01:04 AM
I know each of you, poster in soonerfans, is very knowledgeable, hightly analystical, and keen observation about college football.

someone set us up the bomb.

Soonerus
11/23/2009, 01:09 AM
This is a trick...

soonerboy
11/23/2009, 07:11 AM
okay im going to pretend for a second you're being serious-because they dont care what we think, now im going to reality-good joke man lol

gaylordfan1
11/23/2009, 08:44 AM
YES, TELL ME HOW TO PREPARE!!!![hairGel]

ouwapiti
11/23/2009, 08:55 AM
I know each of you, poster in soonerfans, is very knowledgeable, hightly analystical, and keen observation about college football. So, why don't you use your skill to help the OU football coaching staff to validate their gameplane or adding some "wrinkle" ideas each week?

The helping things can be:

1. Watching the opponent team and do some analysis, point out their weakness or something work/ not work.

2. Posting infomation about opponent player (statistic info, playing skill, weakness..)

3. Propose a trick play or idea that you think it should work.

4. Make it a topic on here every week and hope everyone can chip in their obseravation.

Who know..
hmmm...from that first paragraph i'd say you might've missed some english classes????

OUmillenium
11/23/2009, 10:10 AM
I would love to...as soon as my $4 million dollar check is received.

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 10:15 AM
Ya Know we REALLY do have some some stupid bastards on this Board

AzianSooner has been a member of this board forever.

He was a Foreign Student at OU. Is Cambodian, and Lives in Cambodia.

You TARDS who want to try to Make fun of him can kiss my asz.:mad:

fadada1
11/23/2009, 10:19 AM
bring back the wishbone, fumblerooski, and crankback blocks.

YWIA

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 10:27 AM
Is this an example of "irony"? I love it.
But our special expertise can only be revealed AFTER the game. Sorry!

Partial Qualifier
11/23/2009, 10:51 AM
I don't think the nature of AzianSooner's post is crazy, although the assumption that this place is loaded with football knowledge might be. ;)

But playing devil's advocate, if we fans could orchestrate something labor-intensive, which the coaching staff may not have time for -- e.g., going through 2 or 3 years worth of opponent's tape and doing trend analysis on situational play-calling or something, that *might* be of some use to the staff.

...no? ;)

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 02:59 PM
Okay, here is the expertise I have managed to dredge up from the posters on this board.

1. If a run is called and it goes for a TD, it was a good play. (Never a great play, because KW is the OC.)

2. If a run is called and it doesn't work, we should have passed. (And KW should be run out of town.)

3. If instead a pass is called and it doesn't work, we should have run. (And KW should be run out of town.)

4. If OU is getting beat, the announcers are doing a terrible job.

5. If OU is getting beat, the network is showing too many flashback clips of the opposing team.

6. If OU is getting beat, the fans of the opposing team in my section are classless jerks.

7. If the offense is struggling, then that is because we didn't "scheme" right.

8. If the team is underperforming, that is because the coaching staff is lazy.

9. If a run is called and it gets stuffed, that is because KW is too predictable.

10. If instead a pass is called and it gets stuffed, that is because KW is too predictable.

Does that sum it up?

boomerborn79
11/23/2009, 03:13 PM
Okay, here is the expertise I have managed to dredge up from the posters on this board.

1. If a run is called and it goes for a TD, it was a good play. (Never a great play, because KW is the OC.)

2. If a run is called and it doesn't work, we should have passed. (And KW should be run out of town.)

3. If instead a pass is called and it doesn't work, we should have run. (And KW should be run out of town.)

5. If OU is getting beat, the network is showing too many flashback clips of the opposing team.

6. If OU is getting beat, the fans of the opposing team in my section are classless jerks.

9. If a run is called and it gets stuffed, that is because KW is too predictable.

10. If instead a pass is called and it gets stuffed, that is because KW is too predictable.

Does that sum it up?

Yup, us poster's on here are all full of crap. We all know nothing about football. We should just stop posting. Why are we complaining about a 6-5 season. Let's here your thought's on what we should post about.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 03:20 PM
I hope OUSkull doesn't see that last post. He'll blow a gasket. lol

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 03:26 PM

Does that sum it up?

so, you tell us, fuggtard, what do YOU think is going to be run when a single back is 8 yards off the LOS with a single tight end and multiple receiverS?

what do YOU think we're going to run 9 out of 10 times if the down/distance is 3rd and about 2 or 3?

what do you think we are going to run when you see a twins set out wide?

i can tell you what would be run more than 75% of the time. as would most of the posters on this board.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 03:42 PM
I was better at guessing during the Switzer era. lol

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 04:06 PM

And so were the opposing teams, for what good it did them ;)

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 04:39 PM
I hope OUSkull doesn't see that last post. He'll blow a gasket. lol

I think I'll PM it to him. :D

StoopTroup
11/23/2009, 04:44 PM

Did you see some of the Seasons that Switzer guy posted? Man...he's lucky he was there after 1981. 7-4-1! Are you kidding me! We're about Championships here at Oklahoma! That will never do!

:pop:

ocsooner
11/23/2009, 04:51 PM

Does that sum it up?

You forgot:

11. Someone gets injured, our strength/conditioning coach is too hard/soft on the players. And KW sucks.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 04:55 PM
I think I'll PM it to him.

Me think that right theres a good idea's.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 06:04 PM
what do YOU think we're going to run 9 out of 10 times if the down/distance is 3rd and about 2 or 3?

It's interesting that you don't bother telling us what the play call is? Why is that?

What do you think it is? Will you answer?

I don't have play-by-play stats for the Tech game, as ESPN doesn't provide them. I do have them for the Nebraska game.

We only faced one instance of 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 the entire game. Who wants to guess the call?

We didn't have any 3rd-and-2 or 3rd-and-3 plays against Texas. We did have one 3rd-and-1. Want to guess the call?

We had three 3rd-and-short plays against Miami. Want to guess the calls?

We had two 3rd-and-short plays against BYU, with one of those on BYU's goal line.

Want to guess the call?

We've been through this before. Every time a nitwit comes in and claims that we run a certain play too many times in a certain situation, the statistics never jive.

i can tell you what would be run more than 75% of the time. as would most of the posters on this board.

Okay, on 3rd-and-2 or 3rd-and-3, what did we run? Put it right here. Do it!

C'mon, mister play predictor, what did we run?

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 06:08 PM
And so were the opposing teams, for what good it did them

But... but... we couldn't have won, because the experts in here have told us that the real key to winning at football is to call the play that no one expects.

3rd-and-2? Throw the bomb.
3rd-and-25? Quarterback sneak.
1st-and-goal? Quick kick.

NOT ALL PLAYS ARE DESIGNED TO FOOL THE OPPONENT.

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2009, 03:34 AM
No takers, heh?

soonerhubs
11/24/2009, 09:51 AM
Put Gerald McCoy in as Half-Back with Tress Way in as Fullback. I call this play, the broken back, but it takes time to develop, and no one will ever expect it!

YWIA.

;)