PDA

View Full Version : NotreDame ...

AzianSooner
11/22/2009, 06:39 PM
If Notre Dame decides to hire a new coach, is there any one from OU coaching staff posibily being invited to be in that team?

Just wonder.

OUHOMER
11/22/2009, 06:44 PM
only Bob, So the real answer is NO

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 06:51 PM
Kind of depends on who they hire.

They tried hiring by the pound...maybe this time they'll get a skinny guy.

AzianSooner
11/22/2009, 07:27 PM
Well, if they hire Mangino insteads of his twin bro, ND might have a ton of success by now.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 07:41 PM
Can I hope they just hire the entire OU coaching staff? ;) :D

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 08:14 PM
Now that would be some funny stuff

ND fire weis , KU fire MM
ND Hire MM and he Brings em Back :D

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 08:21 PM
If I was them....

I'd hire Mike Stoops

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 08:24 PM
If I was them....

I'd hire Mike Stoops

Have ya read the Cats boards ?

When Cats went up , Man, Mike an Mark were the greatest since sliced bread
After the ducks came back an won
Those boys needed run outta town

Kinda Like our Board here :eek:

Husker In Oklahoma
11/22/2009, 08:40 PM
Can I hope they just hire the entire OU coaching staff? ;) :D

Stupid statement. You will not get a better coach than Bob Stoops. Be careful what you wish for............it could come to fruition!! :pop:

Sooner Eclipse
11/22/2009, 08:53 PM
Stupid statement. You will not get a better coach than Bob Stoops. Be careful what you wish for............it could come to fruition!! :pop:

Curly's only kidding (for the most part).

funny thing is a good portion of the ND fans seem to think that Bob Stoops is under pressure from the power brokers at OU. One guy I work with seems to think all they have to do is ask and Bob Stoops will leave for ND. He seemed normal, intelligent and rational up to the point he shared this info w me.

Sabanball
11/26/2009, 11:05 AM
They might be interested in Bob if Urban Meyer turns them down, but I just don't see Bob ever going to South Bend. OTOH, if UM were to accept the Notre Dumb job, then I COULD see Bob going back to Gainesville--in fact, I honestly think that's the only other college job that could ever lure him away from you all. The thinking with some people that I know is that your AD Joe Castiglione may be thinking of leaving sometime in the near future and that, if that happened, Bob may start looking around. What do you all think? We all know how the rumor mills start working this time of year, but since I don't think Urban will leave Florida, at the end of the day I really don't see Stoops going anywhere.

Jello Biafra
11/26/2009, 11:38 AM
speaking of getting up and leaving, its about time for saban to hire out a moving crew isnt it?

Sabanball
11/26/2009, 11:43 AM
speaking of getting up and leaving, its about time for saban to hire out a moving crew isnt it?

Lol...well, not quite, if the past is any indicator. He's only in his third year here. He was at Mich St and LSU for 5yrs each. So maybe we've got him for...two more years.;)

Seriously, I really dont buy in to the Stoops rumors, BUT...if he did leave, I think Brian Kelly would be a great replacement. He seems to have the golden touch wherever he's been.

Sooner Eclipse
11/26/2009, 11:48 AM
Unless Bob starts laying multiple sub .666 seasons, he is under no pressure from anyone that matters in this administration. If he does do that, and JC moves on, he MIGHT have an issue depending on who they hire as the new AD.
As for FLA, i don't think the admin (as well as the fans) are as enamored with Bob as they once were. UM has spoiled them. There is almost no reason for Bob to go to ND that makes sense. And Urban is in almost the exact same position. Ego is the only reason either of them go, and their financial advisors would kick them in the nuts if they did.

OklahomaRed
11/26/2009, 11:55 AM
They ought to hire Chuck!

Sabanball
11/26/2009, 12:07 PM
Unless Bob starts laying multiple sub .666 seasons, he is under no pressure from anyone that matters in this administration. If he does do that, and JC moves on, he MIGHT have an issue depending on who they hire as the new AD.
As for FLA, i don't think the admin (as well as the fans) are as enamored with Bob as they once were. UM has spoiled them. There is almost no reason for Bob to go to ND that makes sense. And Urban is in almost the exact same position. Ego is the only reason either of them go, and their financial advisors would kick them in the nuts if they did.

That's sort of my train of thought too, SE, regarding Bob's future. Only three subpar(by OU standards) seasons, scattered out(99, 05, 09) in eleven yrs while in the NC hunt all the other years is nothing short of an amazing run. If he ever leaves, and that's a big IF, I think it would only be because of being intrigued with the Florida job, certainly not because of pressure in Norman. And who's to say Bob would be a shoe-in at Florida anyway? With the Utah connections the Florida president has, they might vy for Willingham--yet another obstacle that will probably ever keep the 'Stoops to Florida' hypothesis from ever seeing the light of day.

Personally, I hope he stays put and always remains a Sooner. I don't want to have to face him and recruit against him here in our conference.

Sooner Eclipse
11/26/2009, 12:12 PM
That's sort of my train of thought too, SE, regarding Bob's future. Only three subpar(by OU standards) seasons, scattered out(99, 05, 09) in eleven yrs while in the NC hunt all the other years is nothing short of an amazing run. If he ever leaves, and that's a big IF, I think it would only be because of being intrigued with the Florida job, certainly not because of pressure in Norman.

Personally, I hope he stays put and always remains a Sooner. I don't want to have to face him and recruit against him here in our conference.

Thanks.... I got the impression that you thought UM is more likely to skip to ND. Any particular reasons?

SoonerLB
11/26/2009, 12:12 PM
In the words of Henny Youngman, "Take Kevin Wilson...........PLEASE!!!"

Sabanball
11/26/2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks.... I got the impression that you thought UM is more likely to skip to ND. Any particular reasons?

I think the CW for a while was that UM would take the Notre Dame job for several reasons--supposedly a lifelong dream, graduation of Tebow, etc. But, frankly, I just don't see it happening. Not that his vehement denials recently have affected me(that's just typical 'coachspeak'--what else do you expect him to say?), but why would he want to leave warm, sunny Florida and that program, with all that it offers, to go to dreary, cold, northern Indiana, where you rely on catholic kids from Chicago and the rustbelt states to recruit? Even if they offered to pay him $6mil/yr, what can a guy making that much money do that a guy making $4mil/yr CAN'T do? Nothing, for all practical reasons. Again, I just don't see it happening...

Blues1
11/26/2009, 01:56 PM
New Rumors Won't Quit.....
The Lastest....

LINK

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/25/stoops-to-irish-rumor-continues-to-percolate/

lexsooner
11/26/2009, 02:24 PM
Why do some people think ND is still a job on par with OU, USC, Fla, et.? The program has fallen to second or third tier status, the academic standards make it hard to recruit . . . and, the factor making ND no longer a top notch program which nobody wants to discuss publically is the fact African Americans so dominate college football today, esp. at the skill positions, but ND does not hold as much appeal for these athletes as it did for the Kowalskis and O'Briens and Georgavics of the past.

lexsooner
11/26/2009, 02:28 PM
Did anyone watch the ND-UCONN game where they showed a clip of Charlie when he accepted the ND job five years ago? Then they showed him on the sidelines live. The dude has gotten much bigger and heavier in the last five years, maybe fifty pounds, definitely more than one pound gained per each win at ND! His Irish sweat shirt was so big it could clothe a family of ten in Mumbi if it was cut up.

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2009, 02:55 PM
I hate Notre Dame, but I'm not certain how bad I want them. Ten years ago, multiple winless seasons would have suited me just fine. But the program is so tradition-rich that I'm not so sure anymore.

So how do we want them? Well done?