PDA

View Full Version : Scorched Earth!!!

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:18 PM
To be honest this is the best scenario for the end of the season. We need a beat down next week @ the hands of OSU, and follow that up with a stinker of a bowl game to complete the mission. Why? Because a glimmer of hope, an ounce of promise heading into next year will only cement the excuses we have been giving ourselves the entire year, that it is only the injuries that are causing this ineptitude.

The infection is much deeper than that, because the wounds stink of death, and amputation is the only logical answer. I have no idea what the real issues are, but a couple of more embarrassing losses just might humble Stoops enough to make changes to his entire regime.

A big win saturday, and a victory over a equally tormented USC in the sun bowl will only make things worse for the Program. Just like a good soldier, my TEAM comes before anyone else; before Stoops, Kevin Wilson, BV, and Landry Jones, and if it takes sacrificing these guys in the last 2 games in order for us to rebuild the Sooner Country count me in.

colinreturn
11/22/2009, 03:20 PM
i cheer for oklahoma to win games.

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 03:22 PM
Me thinks you need to step back from the crack pipe :eek:

StoopTroup
No way I'm doing anything like that. Give up your tickets. Send someone who'll cheer for OUr Team.

That's sucks bevo balls and sounds pretty aggie.

Curly Bill
I've been thinking much the same thing as the OP. Ending the season with a modicum of success will only enable us to justify not changing anything before next season.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:23 PM
i cheer for oklahoma to win games.

It will hurt me more than it does them, but it's for the better.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 03:23 PM
Stupidest **** I've ever heard.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 03:24 PM
AGGIE DEATH!

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:25 PM
No way I'm doing anything like that. Give up your tickets. Send someone who'll cheer for OUr Team.

That's sucks bevo balls and sounds pretty aggie.

Well, yesterday we sucked raider balls.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 03:25 PM
Stupidest **** I've ever heard.

Yeah right, you've been here a while. You've heard dumber things. :rolleyes:

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:27 PM
So stooptroup, you really want things to remain the same? Let's take this season out of the equation, you want things to be the same way they have been in our last 5 BCS bowl game? There is a problem Stoop, and no one can put their finger on it.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 03:30 PM
ST knows things are messed up, he just can't stand to see his namesake roughed up by us commoners. ;) :D

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:30 PM
They gave up yesterday, coach Wilson said the players don't listen anyway, Broyles said "it's a long season man." I take serious issues with that. I played on a High School team that went 0-10, and we still played hard every down!!

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 03:35 PM
They gave up yesterday, coach Wilson said the players don't listen anyway, Broyles said "it's a long season man." I take serious issues with that. I played on a High School team that went 0-10, and we still played hard every down!!

Al Bundy ? Is that really You ?

Not sayin Things aint broke
Just sayin I dont want the Sooners to lose anymore
Big Dif.

btk108
11/22/2009, 03:37 PM
:pop:

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 03:39 PM
Big Dif.

What I'm saying is that if we don't fix things you can expect to see those losses becoming more and more common. As stubborn as Bob is, if we end the year in a good way you know he won't change anything, and if we don't make some changes I don't see next season being much different than this one. :(

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 03:40 PM
There is no way anyone who was sitting in the stands in Norman while Bob dropped one to aggie 16-13 that anyone in their right mind would root for aggie to beat us this weekend.

Losing a Road Game or even most of them...I can take that. Losing one at Home. I'll never accept that.

Anyone who thinks losing a game or any game for that matter...will make things better....is seriously in need of taking some time off from anything Sooner. Maybe show up with some aggie gear at the Tailgate too. We'll post them on the website.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 03:42 PM
There is no way anyone who was sitting in the stands in Norman while Bob dropped one to aggie 16-13 that anyone in their right mind would root for aggie to beat us this weekend.

Losing a Road Game or even most of them...I can take that. Losing one at Home. I'll never accept that.

Anyone who thinks losing a game or any game for that matter...will make things better....is seriously in need of taking some time off from anything Sooner. Maybe show up with some aggie gear at the Tailgate too. We'll post them on the website.

LOL, if they're not the same kind of fan you are they need to show up in aggie gear. Come on ST, that's rich.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 03:42 PM
What I'm saying is that if we don't fix things you can expect to see those losses becoming more and more common. As stubborn as Bob is, if we end the year in a good way you know he won't change anything, and if we don't make some changes I don't see next season being much different than this one. :(

I don't think the results from the final 2 games will sway Bob's opinion of this year - that is set in stone (I admit, I might be naive on this). Regardless, I can't route against OU anytime they hit the field - just not wired that way.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 03:43 PM
Sometimes you have to get worse before you can get better boys, that's all I'm saying.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:43 PM
Anyway, I have always been positive about wins and losses, but players rolling their eyes and walking away from authority, running the same 5 plays ad nauseum, and guys laughing after the game is too much for me. I have watched this team play every game, I have watched every spring and preseason video on soonersports, and I read every article on these sooners, so the "your not a true fan" wont fly with me. Things must change, and the policy I have laid out is the best way imo.

I knew I would ruffle feathers, but 2 more of those stinkers will ruffle alot more. Bottom line the players don't care nearly as much as we do at this point.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 03:44 PM
I don't think the results from the final 2 games will sway Bob's opinion of this year - that is set in stone (I admit, I might be naive on this). Regardless, I can't route against OU anytime they hit the field - just not wired that way.

That's very possible, he's as stubborn and arrogant as they come. ;)

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:46 PM
Al Bundy ? Is that really You ?

Big Dif.

I went to Will Rogers my senior year, after going 10-0 @ BTW with Demond and RW my junior year.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 03:47 PM
Players socializing with opponents after the game doesn't bother me a bit. When it's over, it's over and nothing can change it and you never know who is going to be a teammate in the future. The best players in the NFL who have just completed an epic game that is heartbreaking for the losers still chat with each other afterward.

cherokeebrewer
11/22/2009, 03:47 PM
I would much rather beat pokie state and if we do go to a bowl game, I'd like to win that one too...

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 03:51 PM
Players socializing with opponents after the game doesn't bother me a bit. When it's over, it's over and nothing can change it and you never know who is going to be a teammate in the future. The best players in the NFL who have just completed an epic game that is heartbreaking for the losers still chat with each other afterward.

2005 we lost to TTech, and AD was over on bench with his head down after the game, you know why? because he laid it on the line for his team, he didnt have the energy to laugh it up Cory Brandon.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 03:57 PM
2005 we lost to TTech, and AD was over on bench with his head down after the game, you know why? because he laid it on the line for his team, he didnt have the energy to laugh it up Cory Brandon.

Every player reacts differently because they are still people. I've seen players put everything they have on the line in a losing effort all the time and still chat afterwards. I've seen others head straight to the locker room. I see no reflection on their character either way.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 04:17 PM

So we should root for OU to lose because of Brandon's supposed attitude problem. Maybe the perfect cheer will turn him around...lol

http://www.wevegotthekeys.com/key-west-blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/snlcheerleaders.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rainh2o/bad%20threads/Gay%20Thread%20congrats.jpg

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 04:51 PM
Gayest most desperate thread ever.

"I'll sell my sOUl so Bob will win us one more MNC"

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:00 PM
I played on a High School team that went 0-10, and we still played hard every down!!

Congratulations on sucking!

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:04 PM
Congratulations on sucking!

You meant to write this to our team right?:D

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rainh2o/bad%20threads/Gay%20Thread%20congrats.jpg

How very original to search google images for the keywords "Gay thread", and then stumble across knight rider and different strokes, and then tell yourself, "this has great potential to be a killer post!"

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:07 PM
I realy don't see how this is coming from a Sooner fan.

A) Lose to OSU?! You WANT to lose to OSU?! I mean, I could MAYBE understand your viewpoint if it were another team...but OSU?!

B) Lose ANOTHER bowl game...and to USC?! Have you not heard enough bowl jokes as an OU fan? As if the bowl wasn't enough you had to say USC?!

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:07 PM
Gayest most desperate thread ever.

Stoop, I know it seems that way, but it will work Stoop, just trust me.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 08:08 PM
Not gonna happen.

AGGIE DEATH!

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:09 PM
You meant to write this to our team right?:D

Yes, your team sucked.

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:10 PM
AGGIE DEATH!

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:10 PM

A) Lose to OSU?! You WANT to lose to OSU?! I mean, I could MAYBE understand your viewpoint if it were another team...but OSU?!

B) Lose ANOTHER bowl game...and to USC?! Have you not heard enough bowl jokes as an OU fan? As if the bowl wasn't enough you had to say USC?!

I dont want us to lose to OSU. Just like I didnt want us to lose to NEB, TX, TT, BYU, and Miami. This is about getting some stubborn coaches to do something that turns this program around. It's really more about what it would take to get them to see things differently than cheering for OSU.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:11 PM
Yes, your team sucked.

The years before my teams went 19-1 in the regular season.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/22/2009, 08:14 PM
How is purposely losing games ever a good idea? There are several people who have fallen off the bandwagon here, huh? Geez. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard, you never root for OU to lose to OSUcks. This coaching staff has been one of the best this decade. Who are you going to get to bring in? Just count this as a bad year and then restart next year. If it continues, then you can call for coaches heads, but at this point, it is mute.

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:15 PM
I dont want us to lose to OSU. Just like I didnt want us to lose to NEB, TX, TT, BYU, and Miami. This is about getting some stubborn coaches to do something that turns this program around. It's really more about what it would take to get them to see things differently than cheering for OSU.

I would rather lose to any of those teams other than Texas. I'm guessing you don't live in Oklahoma?

As for turning the program around...that would make us go the wrong way. Before this season, didn't we have the most wins of any team over the last ten years? If we didn't have all the major injuries we would still be one of the top few teams. We don't need some major reconstruction for this program. We just need to learn how to play bowl games.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:16 PM
Where do you guys get that I am "rooting" for OSU?

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:17 PM

I wasn't talking about those.

Eielson

Probably the part where you want them to win.

olevetonahill

BY sittin on yer fatass wanting OU to lose
Go figure :rolleyes:

adoniijahsooner
To be honest this is the best scenario for the end of the season. We need a beat down next week @ the hands of OSU, and follow that up with a stinker of a bowl game to complete the mission. Why? Because a glimmer of hope, an ounce of promise heading into next year will only cement the excuses we have been giving ourselves the entire year, that it is only the injuries that are causing this ineptitude.

You see, nowhere did I say I am rooting for OSU.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 08:19 PM
BY sittin on yer fatass wanting OU to lose
Go figure :rolleyes:

I said it was the best scenario, and that is all I said.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 08:20 PM

You should have started this before the Jerry World fiasco. Then we might have lost only one game.

This is all your fault.

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 08:21 PM

So let me unnersatnd here

The 2 years prior to YOU playin yer H/S team went 19-1
The year you show up they Sucked all to hell :eek:

Way to Prove you aint got a clue :P

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 08:22 PM

Again....his fault.

I see a pattern!

BANE HIM!

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 08:27 PM
Again....his fault.

I see a pattern!

BANE HIM!

Yup since he joined the Board
we lost a MNC game
and Now this, after he starts postin a bunch

Im with you ST . I think hes a jinx :D

Eielson
11/22/2009, 08:27 PM
I said it was the best scenario, and that is all I said.

Generally when people are fans of a team, they want the best case scenario to happen. Your best case scenario involves us losing to OSU.

If A=B, and B=C, then A=C.

recemp
11/22/2009, 08:42 PM
If going 7-5 or 8-5 is a successful year - this isn't Oklahoma anymore.
Remember the preseason chat when we (me too) castigated that ESPN guy for suggesting that we were going to lose 4?
This is the worst year Stoops has had and he knows it. Yes, he is stubborn and arrogant but he knows W-L's as well as we do.
I'm driving down to see us beat OSU and if we play SUC in El Paso - I hope to be there too.

olevetonahill
11/22/2009, 08:59 PM
If going 7-5 or 8-5 is a successful year - this isn't Oklahoma anymore.
Remember the preseason chat when we (me too) castigated that ESPN guy for suggesting that we were going to lose 4?
This is the worst year Stoops has had and he knows it. Yes, he is stubborn and arrogant but he knows W-L's as well as we do.
I'm driving down to see us beat OSU and if we play SUC in El Paso - I hope to be there too.

Good Post
Spek :cool:

soonervegas
11/22/2009, 09:31 PM
I am torn right now on this is it the coaches or not argument. All I will say is there is 10-15 coachings staffs (maybe more) that could have produced what we have seen the last 5 years. We are OU. Winning didn't start with this staff.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 09:41 PM
I am torn right now on this is it the coaches or not argument. All I will say is there is 10-15 coachings staffs (maybe more) that could have produced what we have seen the last 5 years. We are OU. Winning didn't start with this staff.

Here we go again.

Who are they?

Let's break em down.

One through fifteen.

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2009, 10:09 PM
How very original to search google images for the keywords "Gay thread", and then stumble across knight rider and different strokes, and then tell yourself, "this has great potential to be a killer post!"

http://my-two-cents.net/forenpix/thread-is-gay.jpg
http://motleycrow.com/ImageHost/gay_thread232.jpg
http://super-genius.org/images/thread_is_gay.jpg
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/thread%20sucks/Thread-Gay-Alf.jpg
http://premium1.uploadit.org/DJShamrock/Thread-Gay-Disturbing-copy.jpg
http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/data/500/medium/gay_thread.jpg
http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/this_thread_is_still_gay.jpg
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/relationships/41948d1242898410-question-gays-bis-would-you-go-ats7320_gay_thread.jpg
http://lupinbebop.viperslayer.net/Burn/Gay%20thread.jpg
http://wackyiraqi.com/wtf/batman_gay_thread.jpg
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/1/5/8/0/castthegay.jpg

There you go...consider this a light sampling...especially after that bull**** you spewed in the OP!

Eielson
11/22/2009, 11:07 PM
Here we go again.

Who are they?

Let's break em down.

One through fifteen.

I'll start this off.

1. Charlie Weis

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 11:18 PM

I went to BTW in 93 an 94. During those years we went 19-1, while I was on that team. Also, I won the 100 meter state championship twice, and the 200m championship once, and our relay team that consisted of Aaron Lockett, Demond Parker, and RW Mcquarters, with me anchoring still hold the State meet record, so dont act as though I dont know about winning.

I went to will rogers high my senior year and we went 0-10, but gave maximum effort in every game, including one in which I had 300 rushing and 5 touchdowns against a Seth Littrell led Muskogee team. I hate quitters and that is my only concern with this team right now.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 11:20 PM
You guys don't have to agree with what I'm saying, and that is fine.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 11:21 PM
You guys don't have to agree with what I'm saying, and that is fine.

I agree with ya, and I'm the only one on here that knows what he's talking about. ;)

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 11:27 PM
Yup since he joined the Board
we lost a MNC game
and Now this, after he starts postin a bunch

Im with you ST . I think hes a jinx :D

Sorry, but I joined in 07. That was after 2 nc losses to LSU and USC, and that was after the 8-4 season of 2005.

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with ya, and I'm the only one on here that knows what he's talking about. ;)

Glad someone has my back.:D

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 11:30 PM
Like you, I don't want Bob to be provided an excuse to stay the course. I think he needs to be shaken out of the status quo.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 11:39 PM
Stoops will do whatever is necessary...

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 11:41 PM
Stoops will do whatever is necessary...

To keep his friends around him, or whatever is necessary to help the football team?

..cause there is a difference.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 11:43 PM
To win...

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 11:43 PM
To win...

I hope you're right. ;)

tommieharris91
11/22/2009, 11:56 PM
I think we need to see what Herm Edwards has to say about this thread.

IMk5sMHj58I

adoniijahsooner
11/22/2009, 11:59 PM
I think we need to see what Herm Edwards has to say about this thread.

IMk5sMHj58I

I'm off to win a paycheck tonight, so I'll see you guys later.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 12:16 AM
Like you, I don't want Bob to be provided an excuse to stay the course. I think he needs to be shaken out of the status quo.

I kinda understand the whole scorched earth aspect, but I think the earth has been scorched enough. Saturday should have been plenty of a wake-up call for everyone associated with the team - especially the young players. I'm not talking about the performance on the field; I'm talking about playing a game that really doesn't matter. When you're in the hunt for a championship, every game matters and it should feel just plain wrong when it doesn't. The coaches have been around enough to see both sides and work to get back on track.

kevpks
11/23/2009, 07:49 AM
So if we win Saturday will some of you Sooner "fans" be disappointed? It is time to stop worrying about injuries, assistant coaches, curses, cosmic alignments, and whether a losing season would save us from our apparent mediocrity. It is time to kick Puke State a$$ up and down Owen Field.

CincySooner
11/23/2009, 08:58 AM
I, for one, will never root for Oklahoma to lose.

They're my team, 12-0 or 0-12.

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 09:22 AM
I, for one, will never root for Oklahoma to lose.

They're my team, 12-0 or 0-12.

This ^^^^

I have never rooted against OU. I once thought that the beatdown by BYU in the Copper Bowl would lead to good. It led to Smellsofbourbon.

OU winning >>>>>>> OU losing, every time

Blues1
11/23/2009, 11:25 AM
Scorched Earth....
My Guess is We might (I said Might...?) Have Scorched Earth Like it or Not...

How many times have we said 6 and 6 teams really Don't belong in a Bowl game - That was for teams Like North Texas ~~~

The Problem is ~ a 6 and 6 team can End Up 6 and 7 after a Bowl Game (IF) that happens ...?? ~ I have a feeling The Earth around Norman will be Scorched.....

In the meantime ~ There's Still a Chance for a 8 and 5 Season ~
Gotta Keep Rockin'

Sooner in Tampa
11/23/2009, 12:19 PM
This has been the most disappointing season since the 90's---that being said...no way in hell do I root for OU to lose...that's blasphemy!!!

delhalew
11/23/2009, 12:20 PM
If the defense has decided this season is over you may get your wish.

Standing around watching guys run by you is group that no longer gives a damn.

stoopified
11/23/2009, 12:23 PM
Stupidest **** I've ever heard.Exactly what i was thinking!

tanjou
11/23/2009, 12:24 PM
You may as well get on board because this is what's going to happen.

Look on the bright side: it will mean new possibilities next season, rather than the yearly letdown we've come to expect.

Hopefully. (the best word in a Sooner fan's vocabulary)

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/23/2009, 02:19 PM

Well, He went to Will Rogers so he all he's used to is rooting for the other team because he already knows that WR is about as good as Tennell is at catching a TD.

Uncle Ernie
11/23/2009, 02:27 PM
AGGIE DEATH!

Death by Gundy! The joke not the OSU coach.............. Wait a minute!

Anyway what someone said. Sooners don't cheer against the team. This ain't the f*ckin' NFL with draft picks. Net yet at least.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 02:29 PM
Wow...I think I may have changed my mind about that other thread being the worst ever...

Maybe I'll just call this one the most stupid thread ever and save worst for the other one. Yeah, that works.

KantoSooner
11/23/2009, 02:51 PM
I really can not believe that anyone on this thread honestly believes that losing to OSU, and maybe in a bowl game would be good. If you believe this, you must believe that somehow Stoops (in particular, the other coaches, too, but Stoops in particular) thinks this season has been just fine and that a minor tweak here or there will make it all better.
Does anyone really believe he is that stupid? Really? If so, you must take the logical step and hope he leaves. Anyone really want that? Who, then, to replace him?
I don't have all the answers, and quite possibly neither does Stoops, but to wish for the team to get beaten, badly, so that 'the message' gets through is reminescent of a kid smacking his head against the wall in frustration.

This has been a terrible season. I'm hoping we finish strong and move into the spring with a chip on our shoulders. There is no need for dissension in the ranks.

tanjou
11/23/2009, 04:26 PM
After every big season ending loss the response is: "Well, they'll work in spring and summer with revenge in mind, get better and stronger, and put it all together next season!"

And after seasons like this one (and in 05), the response was the same: "Well let's hope they finish strong and go bring that enthusiasm into the spring!"

The coaching staff cannot make the small adjustments that everyone hopes for or thinks are sufficient. They've had chances, under varying circumstances. It hasn't happened. All I can figure now is to hope for results from the current plan of action to be so goddamn terrible that Stoops recognizes that large, program-wide changes have to be made.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to beat OSU and the whomever we get in whatever bowl. But I don't see those as very likely (possible, but not likely). If we don't beat them, I hope huge changes are made at fundamental levels. If we beat them, I hope the only thing Stoops remembers is how awful this season was and then makes those very same changes. No excuses for anything, for injuries, for transfers, for dropped balls.

Enthusiasm, motivation, determination. Oklahoma hasn't had those things in a long time, and it's very obvious. If you don't see it, it's simply because you do not want to.

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2009, 05:24 PM
You know what's really disturbing? It's the fact that everytime someone gives an opinion about how they feel, a bunch of guys lose their mind and start calling people stupid and dumb. For all of your faith and hope, the same groundhog day repeats itself every year.

You know Mack Brown got tired of finishing 11-1, so he made changes to his staff. Hell, I have even heard Texas fans say they don't want things to get too bad, because Bob may change things. They enjoy the current state we are in, and we are a gazing stock for the football world to giggle and laugh at every Jan. Except for this year when the laughing began in Sept and has snowballed into a loud roar.

All you have to do is look at life to realize that crisis is the only thing that can bring about change. A person has to see that his position is hopeless in order for him to seek the change he needs to rebuild his life. If a person is drowning allow them to go under, or he will kill you along with himself. Bob Stoops is still saying it's on the players, the players are saying that they werent prepared and Kevin Wilson is mumbling something about "bubble screen left, bubble screen right, and umm....throw in a another bubble screen in order to throw them off....no one will ever see it coming, hehehe."

AlbqSooner
11/23/2009, 09:52 PM
Couple of things I can't believe:

1. I can't believe I read every post in this thread. I did.

2. I can't believe I am hearing people who consider themselves Sooner fans saying that the best scenario for ending this season is to suffer two beat downs - one by pokie state.

I have cheered for the Sooners since they were in the process of winning 47 games in a row. I cheer for them today. In between I have had to suffer the disappointments that came with Gomer Jones being head coach, Barry Switzer being 8-4, Gibbs, Smelly and Blake. I have NEVER considered a beat down of the Sooners the best scenario or even a serious consideration.

Despit what happened with Gomer; despite what happened with Switzer in the early 80's; despite Gibbs, Blake and Smelly; even despite Stoops losing 5 BCS games, OU is AT THIS MOMENT one of the winningest programs in the history of the game. They are also on of the winningest programs of THIS century.

Wish for a beatdown by the other State university? Wish for a bowl humiliation? You have to be kidding. You have to be delusional. I will not say you are stupid, because that apparently offends you. However, I have seen some really smart people come up with some REALLY dumb ideas. For your sake I hope you are not serious.

Oh, and to say you are not rooting for the sheephumpers, but thinking that having them administer a beat down to the Sooners would be a good thing is logic that is beyond flawed. Do you want what is best for the Sooners? If you do, then according to your logic the sheephumpers need to beat the Sooners by a humiliating margin. Surely you would be cheering for the best that could happen to OU. Hence, according to your logic you would be cheering for the pokies. Deer Lowered!

From your avi and you signature, you seem to be an individual of faith. Try to carry that into your earthly life.

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 09:56 PM
Hey, I bitch about the team plenty. But the whole scorched earth concept is revolting. If anything, this season should make Sooner fans savor every single win.

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 09:57 PM
Naw Albq
They be STUPID

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2009, 10:02 PM
oops wrong thread.

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2009, 10:06 PM
You guys are disgusted, but i never hear you place that disgust towards the guys you depend on to make you proud every sat. You save your anger for the posters, because it's easier to ignore the problem that you know will never change unless something astronomical happens.

SoonerBacker
11/23/2009, 10:09 PM

2. I can't believe I am hearing people who consider themselves Sooner fans saying that the best scenario for ending this season is to suffer two beat downs - one by pokie state.

I have cheered for the Sooners since they were in the process of winning 47 games in a row. I cheer for them today. In between I have had to suffer the disappointments that came with Gomer Jones being head coach, Barry Switzer being 8-4, Gibbs, Smelly and Blake. I have NEVER considered a beat down of the Sooners the best scenario or even a serious consideration.

Despit what happened with Gomer; despite what happened with Switzer in the early 80's; despite Gibbs, Blake and Smelly; even despite Stoops losing 5 BCS games, OU is AT THIS MOMENT one of the winningest programs in the history of the game. They are also on of the winningest programs of THIS century.

Wish for a beatdown by the other State university? Wish for a bowl humiliation? You have to be kidding. You have to be delusional. I will not say you are stupid, because that apparently offends you. However, I have seen some really smart people come up with some REALLY dumb ideas. For your sake I hope you are not serious.

Oh, and to say you are not rooting for the sheephumpers, but thinking that having them administer a beat down to the Sooners would be a good thing is logic that is beyond flawed. Do you want what is best for the Sooners? If you do, then according to your logic the sheephumpers need to beat the Sooners by a humiliating margin. Surely you would be cheering for the best that could happen to OU. Hence, according to your logic you would be cheering for the pokies. Deer Lowered!

From your avi and you signature, you seem to be an individual of faith. Try to carry that into your earthly life.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS RIGHT ON!
oSuCKS!

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2009, 10:14 PM

My faith has nothing to do with how I feel about football, it only relates to how I treat my family and those I come in contact with. If Jesus was concerned about sports the schools of faith would be the powerhouses.

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 10:15 PM
You guys are disgusted, but i never hear you place that disgust towards the guys you depend on to make you proud every sat. You save your anger for the posters, because it's easier to ignore the problem that you know will never change unless something astronomical happens.

WE are DISGUSTED with Band wagon type Fans, who Spew Nonsense on the Board
See cause Them we can do something about
Bitching and Moanin about the Team and or Coaches aint gonna do a damn bit of good . Cause they aint gonna listen to us .

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2009, 10:23 PM
Bitching and Moanin about the Team and or Coaches aint gonna do a damn bit of good . Cause they aint gonna listen to us .

So what is the board for? Seriously, should we all say and think the same things? I have always been a singular individual, and my mind is a free mind. I also don't push or belittle people who don't agree with me, because we are free men.

As far as bandwagon, Olevet I am here every week, and If I care enough to spend time on this board it's because I care about these sooners. I even know the backgrounds of people who never see the field, such as Hutchins, Winchester, and Desmond Jackson. In fact, I havent watched any other sports team play a game in almost 2 years. The only team I follow is this football team, no one else.

olevetonahill
11/23/2009, 11:21 PM
So what is the board for? Seriously, should we all say and think the same things? I have always been a singular individual, and my mind is a free mind. I also don't push or belittle people who don't agree with me, because we are free men.

As far as bandwagon, Olevet I am here every week, and If I care enough to spend time on this board it's because I care about these sooners. I even know the backgrounds of people who never see the field, such as Hutchins, Winchester, and Desmond Jackson. In fact, I havent watched any other sports team play a game in almost 2 years. The only team I follow is this football team, no one else.

Bro THIS board is for Discussion Not Dissection .

WE as Fans On a Message board can only say how we feel , Which is a good thing . But If you really feel that the Team should Get Blown out in the last 2 games then that aint good .

Now If you Really have Inside connections Great share em if ya want
Just dont be all CK and debbie downer

My main point being WE as FANs on a message board CANT do a damn thing about how the team performs.

I will Bitch about Refs. I will bitch about Just about every thing . But you will Never hear me say I hope our Team loses :eek:

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2009, 11:33 PM

Some us realize we are passive observers of an entertainment product. We watch the drama unfold whether it be triumph, tragedy or comedy. If you are a million dollar alumni contributor you have some say, a season ticket holder a tiny bit of say and the rest of us - none at all. Since I have none at all, I cheer when thing go well, bum out a bit when they don't and watch with interest how the powers that be react. I also sit back and get a kick out of those that get so balled up in it (like you).

olevetonahill
11/24/2009, 12:17 AM
Some us realize we are passive observers of an entertainment product. We watch the drama unfold whether it be triumph, tragedy or comedy. If you are a million dollar alumni contributor you have some say, a season ticket holder a tiny bit of say and the rest of us - none at all. Since I have none at all, I cheer when thing go well, bum out a bit when they don't and watch with interest how the powers that be react. I also sit back and get a kick out of those that get so balled up in it (like you).

What this dude said :cool:

tanjou
11/24/2009, 09:37 AM
You're too invested in football! No you are! NO YOU ARE

NO I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND JUST HOW LITTLE I CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL

tanjou
11/24/2009, 09:38 AM
See how little football affects me? And how impartial and uninvolved I am?

...just gonna post one more time to show 'em... yeah.

adoniijahsooner
11/24/2009, 07:02 PM

3 1/2 hours watching football every saturday is a little more than passive observation; and considering you have more posts than I do, I would say that you are just as "balled up in it" as I am. Stop acting pious and pretending you are blasé when it comes to Sooner football, because if that was the case you wouldnt be frequenting a message board.

Curly Bill
11/24/2009, 10:59 PM

I've been a fan a long time and I think some pretty big changes need to be made. Does that make me a bandwagon fan?

Crucifax Autumn
11/25/2009, 12:03 AM
No, you bitch all the time, not just when we suck! lol

kevpks
11/25/2009, 12:08 AM
I've been a fan a long time and I think some pretty big changes need to be made. Does that make me a bandwagon fan?

No, I don't think so. I respectfully disagree that big changes need to be made but I can see how some new blood could be a good thing, and I can't say I'd be heartbroken if some assistants took jobs somewhere else. Our underachievement on special teams is the most glaring to me. The return game used to be such a strength for us. We also used to block more kicks. I give Wilson a pass because of his success overall and the injuries. The defense has made great strides over the past few years in my opinion. I wish we were a bit more clutch on D though. There have been a few key scoring chances on D that would have won some games if we could have cashed them in.

Lastly, if Brent or KW does leave I hope we have the sense to raid someone else's staff to get the best coordinator available rather than promoting from within.

Curly Bill
11/25/2009, 12:13 AM
No, you bitch all the time, not just when we suck! lol

That's right, strive for perfection! :D

PLaw
11/25/2009, 12:14 AM
A good Sooner loss?? NEVAR!!

The best scenario is to beat OSU back into last week and hang half a hundred a bowl game.

No right thinking Sooner would ever imagine a loss to the pokes as being good,

Curly Bill
11/25/2009, 12:15 AM
Lastly, if Brent or KW does leave I hope we have the sense to raid someone else's staff to get the best coordinator available rather than promoting from within.

I hope they do leave, but it is a scary thought that we'd simply promote somebody up the chain. Maybe in Heupel's case at least it might work out OK.

Soonerus
We'll beat the aggies by 35....

Curly Bill
Well beat the aggies by 35....

We won't even score 35, little on beat'em by 35. :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2009, 12:27 AM
3 1/2 hours watching football every saturday is a little more than passive observation; and considering you have more posts than I do, I would say that you are just as "balled up in it" as I am. Stop acting pious and pretending you are blasé when it comes to Sooner football, because if that was the case you wouldnt be frequenting a message board.

There is nothing in the world more passive than watching TV. But you are correct that posting on this board is at least an activity. I enjoy OU football as we all do (or at least I *think* we do here). But I do realize I am a passive observer and have absolutely zero control over what happens on the field. But that doesn't bother me as I expect none. I see it as play or maybe more like an improv. There are settings and actors and directors and rules, and then the story unfolds. What I get it kick out of is people expressing outrage and the call to *do something* if they don't like the story. There is some real football discussed here on occasion and I appreciate it. But the signal to noise ratio is pretty low this season, so I must be content to augment the game experience by reading some of the humorous angst expressed here.

Desert Sapper
11/25/2009, 01:45 AM
Look, I appreciate your bizarre (if misguided) logic that losing some more football games in a very disheartening season will somehow lead to greater success down the road. I happen to disagree with it.

I also happen to be home on midtour leave and intend to attend the festivities in Norman on Saturday. So regardless of your thoughts about what one loss or another might do for this, that, or the other thing, I would appreciate it if you would still cheer as loud as possible on Saturday.

Please, for those of us that can't be at every game, for those of us that DO think that one win in a season of few DOES count, for those of us that will be at the game (and don't get to go to very many), pull for the Sooners and cheer them on to victory.

I would appreciate it if the Sooners could kick the everloving **** out of the pokes on Saturday and not **** up what would otherwise be a decent Thanksgiving week.

Thanks.

adoniijahsooner
11/25/2009, 01:50 AM
There is nothing in the world more passive than watching TV. But you are correct that posting on this board is at least an activity. I enjoy OU football as we all do (or at least I *think* we do here). But I do realize I am a passive observer and have absolutely zero control over what happens on the field. But that doesn't bother me as I expect none. I see it as play or maybe more like an improv. There are settings and actors and directors and rules, and then the story unfolds. What I get it kick out of is people expressing outrage and the call to *do something* if they don't like the story. There is some real football discussed here on occasion and I appreciate it. But the signal to noise ratio is pretty low this season, so I must be content to augment the game experience by reading some of the humorous angst expressed here.

seriously, it was a thread idea about what crossed my mind. What is equally funny is watching a team quit and get rolled over, and then have the fans stand watch like communist to make sure no one says anything about it. So a real football discussion consist of what? At first I was with the whole positive thinking scenario before i saw this team lift up their skirt @ Texas Tech. This is a thread I started earlier in the season......

StoopTroup & Soonerus resistance is futile; we have been overrun!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The inmates have taken over the asylum, and soonerfans have been reduced to a bunch of people creating endless threads about who should be fired and how the team sucks. it doesnt matter what you say, nor does it make a difference if you point out that we loss 2 games by 1 point to rank teams, because they have the scent of blood in their nostrils, the smell is intoxicating, and their appetite is insatiable.

Watch them as they eat and gnaw on our young men; who although they were down 21-10 fought back to give themselves a chance to win; Look at the way they ignore the injuries to Tom Wort, Jermaine Gresham, Sam Bradford, and Ryan Broyles; and finally marvel at how they ignore the Miami and BYU programs proud history and determination to make plays as well.

I fear for all soonerfans who must read the ignorant babble that is so void of life and hope. These guys probably curse at a beautiful sunrise and rejoice on a stormy day, so it will do you no good ST and Rus to try and reason with them. Wave the crimson flag and despair for we are doomed.

See I was on the hiphip hooray bandwagon, until I kept hearing the same excuses after every game. Until people started saying that they are only 18-22 old kids who need a break. Really? We are going to hold these "kids" hands and tell them they are all winners?

You guys can say you have no control over what happens on the football field, but you have the audacity to try and tell me what I can and cannot write.

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2009, 04:33 AM
We are going to hold these "kids" hands and tell them they are all winners?

Why do we have to tell them anything?

Crucifax Autumn
11/25/2009, 04:35 AM
We won't even score 35, little on beat'em by 35. :rolleyes:

We'll score 28 and beat 'em by 40! :confused:

adoniijahsooner
11/25/2009, 05:29 AM
Why do we have to tell them anything?

Your right, words mean nothing. We can just show them this new motivational advertisment I came across on a horn board.:O

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/notnert427/taunting.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
11/25/2009, 06:03 AM
hmmm...holding out his arm behind to push the guy away and holding ball forward to cross the goal line sooner. Doesn't jibe with some of the descriptions of that play I've seen around the boards. hmmmm...

Desert Sapper
12/2/2009, 12:41 AM
Hurray for shutouts! My Thanksgiving week home on midtour leave was capped with a brilliant performance for the ages by our Sooner D in front of more than 85,000 screaming fans. Yes, some things are bigger than setting the stage for the future. A big performance at home against a ranked rival and a shutout is one of those things. Boomer!

PLaw
12/2/2009, 09:09 AM

My friend, you have way too much time on your hands.

BOOMER