View Full Version : Latest Bowl Projections 11/22/09

Blues1
11/22/2009, 01:54 PM
Latest Bowl Projections

Here Comes The Sun ~ Little Darlin'
vs Guess Who.....??

Link
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Pray for Norte Dame to Win one more game.... :)

Now What...?

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 02:03 PM
Latest Bowl Projections

Here Comes The Sun ~ Little Darlin'
vs Guess Who.....??

Link
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Pray for Norte Dame to Win one more game.... :)

Now What...?

Getting beat by 'SC is the worst scenario I could imagine. The beat-downs that 'SC took this year were from an option run team (ducks) and a power run team (Stanford). We can't run. Petey's record when he has weeks to prepare is impeccable - ours, I don't want to go into that. Sigh, I guess adversity is also opportunity.

tanjou
11/22/2009, 02:09 PM
I would like a win over OSU primarily to reduce the chances of this happening.

It's not a game even worth playing.

King Barry's Back
11/22/2009, 02:43 PM
Throughout Oklahoma's illustrious history, two teams have freaking owned us -- Notre Dame (1-8) and Southern California (2-6-1).

Is one of them going to catch us at our weakest, again? Geeze, if it has to be, I hope it's the domers. I think they are falling apart and we might be able to beat them.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 02:49 PM
Throughout Oklahoma's illustrious history, two teams have freaking owned us -- Notre Dame (1-8) and Southern California (2-6-1).

Is one of them going to catch us at our weakest, again? Geeze, if it has to be, I hope it's the domers. I think they are falling apart and we might be able to beat them.

We match up better against ND. We would need to transmorgrify into a running team to scare 'SC.

OU GENO
11/22/2009, 04:38 PM
What if OU beats oswho?

MyT Oklahoma
11/22/2009, 04:41 PM
No offense to anybody but I would really prefer not to go to any bowl this year.

JLEW1818
11/22/2009, 05:12 PM
I aint driving to El Paso

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 05:13 PM
No offense to anybody but I would really prefer not to go to any bowl this year.

I see where you're coming from, but the extra practice you get for going to a bowl makes it worthwhile.

Of course the beatdown we'll probably receive might nullify that benefit. ;) :D

SPuL
11/22/2009, 06:20 PM
sun bowl? wow...

and to think I counted down the days to this season from the day Bradford and Gresham announced that they were coming back...

:(

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 06:33 PM
I think there are a few players on our Team that deserve to get a chance to play in a bowl. I think it's pretty selfish of Fans to say they don't think we ought to go to a Bowl when some of these kids have had to endure what they have this season.

I hope they not only get to one...but I hope it puts an end this the the post season blues we have experienced.

Beating Aggie again would probably be good for some of the guys heads that are leaving. It would also shut the "They quit" folks the hell up. If they quit...they won't be on the sidelines Saturday.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 07:04 PM
sun bowl? wow...

and to think I counted down the days to this season from the day Bradford and Gresham announced that they were coming back...

:(

I think that's how most of us feel (except for those who think the OU uniform has magical powers). I was fully prepared for a totally rebuilding of the offense this year. Then Sam and Gresh come back and I'm thinking... Well, IF the O-line can gel soon enough and IF the receivers can mature soon enough, and the solid D can keep us in games, then we'll be really good by the end of the year. Hard to reset expectations after that, but the truth is we never really had either of those players and we were in total rebuilding mode. Then the injuries really hampered any progress on the O-line and the new receivers were frankly, a bust.

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 07:08 PM
Those white unis definitely don't have magical powers....lol

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 07:11 PM
Those white unis definitely don't have magical powers....lol

No, but they were lighter and more comfortable to wear during the azz kicking.

TMcGee86
11/22/2009, 07:23 PM
just figures we would go to the worst bowl in stoops tenure and we dont get to play a navy or michigan state like tech or a&m would, instead we have to play SC again.

well, considering how this season has gone, it would be fitting.

kevpks
11/22/2009, 08:32 PM
I'll be excited for the bowl game regardless. It is a Sooner football game. That alone puts my excitement level at an 85-90 on a 100 point scale. Any other variables will only increase it. I would look forward to a matchup with USC. That game would have a ton of coverage, for a Sun Bowl anyway.

misplaced_sooner
11/22/2009, 08:35 PM
Not USuCk. Please... Bob may curl up in the fetal position by halftime. But, it should be a lack luster, low offense game.

yermom
11/22/2009, 08:50 PM
I aint driving to El Paso

dude. it takes forever.

i can't believe how low we are in the pecking order this year. likely Texas, Mizzou, OSU, Nebraska and Tech above us

i don't really even know the pecking order for the bowls that low

i guess that is projecting us and KU to lose though. so it could be different

SPuL
11/22/2009, 09:51 PM
I think that's how most of us feel (except for those who think the OU uniform has magical powers). I was fully prepared for a totally rebuilding of the offense this year. Then Sam and Gresh come back and I'm thinking... Well, IF the O-line can gel soon enough and IF the receivers can mature soon enough, and the solid D can keep us in games, then we'll be really good by the end of the year. Hard to reset expectations after that, but the truth is we never really had either of those players and we were in total rebuilding mode. Then the injuries really hampered any progress on the O-line and the new receivers were frankly, a bust.

Exactly man. It's just tough. Like honestly I've never looked forward too and been more excited for a season for any sport team I follow. So for it to end up this way is a huge blow, disappointment wise.

Oh well. Heres hoping next year is completely the opposite. :D

TMcGee86
11/23/2009, 12:55 PM
how the bleep does Missou get to play a Big10 cream puff and we get stuck with Cal?

are we seriously the #7 team in the Big12? This year has gone from suck to blow.

SpiderInMyPeanuts
11/23/2009, 01:00 PM
Isn't is like a 9 hour flight to El Paso?

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 01:10 PM
just figures we would go to the worst bowl in stoops tenure and we dont get to play a navy or michigan state like tech or a&m would, instead we have to play SC again.

well, considering how this season has gone, it would be fitting.

~~~~~~~~~

how the bleep does Missou get to play a Big10 cream puff and we get stuck with Cal?

are we seriously the #7 team in the Big12? This year has gone from suck to blow.
I agree with the theme of those 2 posts. Then again, our recent history suggests we'll get hammered in the bowl game whether we play a David or a Goliath. :rolleyes:

Sooner98
11/23/2009, 01:38 PM
USC would run us off the field in the Sun Bowl. Seriously, it might make the 55-19 game look like a nail-biter.

TahoeSOONER
11/23/2009, 01:44 PM
SC isn't running anyone off the field but it would be a tough one.

I hope it comes together because it would give this team something to get up for.

Sooner98
11/23/2009, 01:53 PM

I hope it comes together because it would give this team something to get up for.

This team is incapable of getting up for any game played away from Norman, Oklahoma, let alone a bowl game.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2009, 01:55 PM
So are a bunch of you guys just not gonna watch or will you be actively cheering against the Sooners?

The only thing more disappointing than the season is a rather loud and obnoxious part of the fan base.

Blues1
11/23/2009, 01:57 PM
Me Thinks OU vs ND would better for our Program ~ At this time...

A 6 and 6 team facing another 6 and 6 team would at least put both teams on a equal basis --- And The Press would eat it up in some way - Even IF it was on the Negative Side -- "Two Old Time National Powers Play for Pride" etc etc......I guess I've already accepted a loss in Norman - Sad Again ~~ :(

IF we beat oSu then Bring On USC ....jmho....

starclassic tama
11/23/2009, 03:13 PM
kicking notre dame's *** would be a GREAT way to finish the season.

sooner ngintunr
11/23/2009, 03:24 PM
USC would run us off the field in the Sun Bowl. Seriously, it might make the 55-19 game look like a nail-biter.

Yeah because this year their offense is sooo great.:rolleyes:

King Barry's Back
11/23/2009, 03:28 PM

Give them something to "get up for"? I'm just afraid it's the kind of game that they would "give up for."

Geeze. I don't see how we could win. And playing out there in the desert, far far from Norman, it would be tough to avoid being embarrassed.

Well, if that's who we have to play, so be it. Better than losing to Boise again. Kind of.

Maybe the time off will do them some good, and they'll play great.

rawlingsHOH
11/23/2009, 03:49 PM
Give them something to "get up for"? I'm just afraid it's the kind of game that they would "give up for."

Geeze. I don't see how we could win. And playing out there in the desert, far far from Norman, it would be tough to avoid being embarrassed.

Well, if that's who we have to play, so be it. Better than losing to Boise again. Kind of.

Maybe the time off will do them some good, and they'll play great.

Amazing we played Miami so close. Being so far from Norman an all.

TUSooner
11/23/2009, 04:10 PM
kicking notre dame's *** would be a GREAT way to finish the season.

Yeah but.... I can see the scenario: Weis is fired but is allowed to coach one last game against the "mighty" Sooners of OU. ND's motivation: "Win one for the Fat Guy!" OU's motivation? "Geez guys, let's try not to look like old crumbly dog turds in another bowl game."
A familiar scenario? Like say....Cinderella vs the Step Sisters? David vs Goliath? WVA Team Jilted by Coach vs Stoic Uninspired Red Punching Bag? Sweet Little ol' Boise St Smurfs vs the Evil Crimson Empire?

No thanks! :eek: ;)

Sooner98
11/23/2009, 06:25 PM
So are a bunch of you guys just not gonna watch or will you be actively cheering against the Sooners?

The only thing more disappointing than the season is a rather loud and obnoxious part of the fan base.

Being disgusted with the current state of the program, and with their complete inability to beat a good non-conference opponent (especially away from home), does not mean I will ever actually cheer against them.

PDXsooner
11/23/2009, 11:14 PM
.I guess I've already accepted a loss in Norman - Sad Again ~~ :(

come on blue!! you're better than that!!! keep rockin'!!!

sooner59
11/24/2009, 12:27 AM
I guess I've already accepted a loss in Norman - Sad Again ~~ :(

Not only will we beat osu, we will cover the spread. And not only will we cover the spread, it will likely be a double digit win. If I'm wrong, I eat every bit of crow you can throw at me. I just have a feeling.