PDA

View Full Version : Something to make us feel better

Boomer38Sooner
11/22/2009, 10:38 AM
We all know that this year has sucked. And it feels like we're all alone in the world of college football when it comes to perennial powerhouses having horrible luck and horrible seasons... WE ARE NOT ALONE!

Look at Georgia.... Preseason top 15 - 6-5

AND I think that their season is worse off than ours because they have had 2 blowout losses and we've only had one.

This may sound dumb but it makes me feel a little bit better about OU

fadada1
11/22/2009, 10:50 AM
this season reminds me of a tennessee team from a few years back. i think they stated the season in the top 3, and didn't make a bowl game.

unfortunately, seasons like this happen to everyone from time to time.

Johnny Utah
11/22/2009, 10:56 AM
Good points that I can relate to since I live in the Atlanta area. Additionally UGA just lost at home to KY (which it never has before), and lost its mascot which was only 4 yrs old. Where UGA might have a little more wiggle room with its fans, boosters, etc, is that it has historically played pretty well in its out-of-conference games on the road against good opponents, and is 8-2 in its last 10 bowl games. Although there is plenty of discussion in the local media I fully expect to continue to see the UGA flags flying around here.

cherokeebrewer
11/22/2009, 10:58 AM
Gosh, I feel so much better now...

boomerborn79
11/22/2009, 11:12 AM
Gosh, I feel so much better now...

:D Put a smile on. Misery loves company, Suc is bad too, ND still sucks, Tennessee is still down. I know doesn't make me feel any better either.

Jacie
11/22/2009, 12:38 PM
While a lot of Sooner fans get their yucks from seeing the Golden Domers suffer, take note of this. An article about who might replace ND coach Charlie Weis (Aside: his buyout clause may be as much as $18 BIG ONEs!) included the name Bob Stoops.

We like to think he would be loyal and remain a Sooner having squelched the rumors of potential offers before but wait, rumors of Bob leaving OU would surface after Oklahoma had done something good like a National championship or even an 11-win season. But now the situation is very different. The entire coaching staff is taking heat from OUr team's 6-5 record and an offer of what was once the premiere coaching job in Division 1 football is still nothing to sneeze at. The coming off season could see the end of the Stoops era at Oklahoma what with the turmoil of a season once full of promise knocked it's a** after losing Bradford, Gresham, et al . . .