PDA

View Full Version : 103-16-7 (remind your State buddies today!)

SeattleOUstudent
11/22/2009, 10:29 AM
We're angry. We're at home. Sam will be honored. Watch out, little brother....big brother wants to kill. :pop:

Side note, why is this game even slated as a "rivalry"? 80% victory margin doesnt paint much of a OU-OSU picture to me.

SoonerBorn
11/22/2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?oppid=23

The series is actually 80-16-7. There's been 103 games. OSU last won the game in 2002 - had the HDDVD/Blu-Ray war even started then? :)

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 11:02 AM
Why would Sam be honored, he's is not a senior...

colinreturn
11/22/2009, 11:10 AM
Why would Sam be honored, he is not a senior...

came here to say the same thing

OSUAggie
11/22/2009, 12:08 PM
This thread is great.

MyT Oklahoma
11/22/2009, 05:03 PM
Sam is a Senior. He was a redshirt freshman and is set to graduate this spring after 4 years at OU.

soonerboy
11/22/2009, 06:40 PM
actually no hes not they didn't honor matt leinart, or jason white their fourth years of academic college they only honor them their last eligible football year.

bringit
11/22/2009, 08:06 PM
This thread is great.

not quite as great as 80-16-7 :D

rainiersooner
11/22/2009, 10:52 PM
actually no hes not they didn't honor matt leinart, or jason white their fourth years of academic college they only honor them their last eligible football year.

OU didn't honor Matt Leinart? Weird.

I would think this is not a matter of constitutional or statutory law and that we could, you know...make up the rules. Honor the son of a bitch: Gresham too. It would be a good lift for the fans, the team, and the program. Kind of like playing a House of Pain song, but, you know...better.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/22/2009, 11:52 PM
OU didn't honor Matt Leinart? Weird.

I would think this is not a matter of constitutional or statutory law and that we could, you know...make up the rules. Honor the son of a bitch: Gresham too. It would be a good lift for the fans, the team, and the program. Kind of like playing a House of Pain song, but, you know...better.

well gresham is a senior so no question about him being honored

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 11:55 PM
Bradford will not be introduced with the seniors...

badger
11/23/2009, 09:58 AM
This thread is great.

:mad: Don't you have some...

(pick a aggy rival smear card... any card)

-sheep to love
-poke to choke
-orange to blind children with
-wheat to wave
-most powerful offense in the universe to exaggerate
-lack of defense to overlook
-hair gel to give to Gundy
-stunned aggies to imitate

???

:D Happy Bedl@m week, OSUAggie. You are braver than most of your orange-clad fans coming here.

rawlingsHOH
11/23/2009, 10:04 AM

Not neccessarily. There have been cases here where senior students, with junior eligibility, have been honored.

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 10:05 AM
well gresham is a senior so no question about him being honored

yeh there is really...he still has another year of eligibility.

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 10:07 AM
This thread is great.

psssst hey ckickenpoker, how many times you think manscara gets hit this week?

NorthernIowaSooner
11/23/2009, 10:11 AM
yeh there is really...he still has another year of eligibility.

either way he is a senior that they will honor, he wont make his NFL or come back decision before saturday. they arent going to not do it b/c he might come back, i think they'd rather honor him twice if he comes back than not do it at all so there is no question that they will honor him on senior night.

Jello Biafra
11/23/2009, 10:44 AM
either way he is a senior that they will honor, he wont make his NFL or come back decision before saturday. they arent going to not do it b/c he might come back, i think they'd rather honor him twice if he comes back than not do it at all so there is no question that they will honor him on senior night.

no. just pointing out there was some discussion about him coming back and he could, in fact, do so. he won't. we will honor him. hes already reported he is leaving.

King Barry's Back
11/23/2009, 10:54 AM
Haven't we honored guys twice before? Sent a guy out with his parents, and then he came back, and went through it again?

Seems like I remember that, but maybe it was a dream?

I haven't been to a senior night game in, what, 15 years?

badger
11/23/2009, 11:42 AM
Haven't we honored guys twice before? Sent a guy out with his parents, and then he came back, and went through it again?

Seems like I remember that, but maybe it was a dream?

I haven't been to a senior night game in, what, 15 years?

I would say that the closest example to this was last basketball season, when the fans honored Blake Griffin on senior night... but that was only because older brother Taylor was graduating, so it was really convenient :D

stoopified
11/23/2009, 11:48 AM
well gresham is a senior so no question about him being honoredSam and Gresham are both 4th yr students at OU and therefore are technically qualified to be honored as seniors,even though they have a year of eligibity left.JW was not honored as a 4th or 5th yr. senior because OUknew he was coming back If Sam or Jermaine are not honored it is because they have decided to come back(very doubtful but possible).

sooner59
11/23/2009, 01:54 PM
We honored Carl Pendleton a few years ago when we knew he wasn't coming back, because he was focusing on school and taking care of his little brother.

soonerborn45
11/23/2009, 06:30 PM
Jason White was honored twice I remember. 03 he was honored because it was not known if he would be coming back because he didn't apply for the hardship until after the season.

OSUAggie
11/23/2009, 07:11 PM
psssst hey ckickenpoker, how many times you think manscara gets hit this week?

Hopefully he doesn't play. Tired of watching the opposing defenders run the other way with his errant passes in big games. And goalline fumbles.

(I assume manscara is Robinson)

S008NER
11/28/2009, 04:19 PM
81-16-7

bringit
11/28/2009, 04:29 PM
81-16-7

owned

the_ouskull
11/28/2009, 05:09 PM
Happy Bedl@m week, OSUAggie. You are braver than most of your orange-clad fans coming here.

It's a common mistake, so I won't chastise, but "dumb" is often confused for "bravery." Don't be fooled by the actions of this Ag in the wild. Gluttony is still a sin, even when it's for punishment, and not calories.

the_ouskull

SoonerBorn
11/28/2009, 05:16 PM
My Facebook status posted just before the game: "OSU ought to win today. In fact, if I were an O-State fan, I'd be embarrassed if OSU didn't win. But, wandering into a place that's home to the nations longest active home win streak, a place OSU has only managed a victory 8 times ever, a place where this season OU has beaten their opponents 249-47, into a stadium filled with tradition - not empty seats - well, you just have to wonder."

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2009, 05:19 PM
LOL...Too true