PDA

View Full Version : The Season

Leroy Lizard
11/22/2009, 01:37 AM
Other than SUC SUCKING, is there anything good we can say about this season?

Jdog
11/22/2009, 01:38 AM
Other than SUC SUCKING, is there anything good we can say about this season?

NOPE

En_Fuego
11/22/2009, 01:39 AM
Yes.....Kevin Wilson and Cale Gundy have been exposed.

ouwasp
11/22/2009, 01:42 AM
yeah, ND sux as well, but that's almost a given...

*Shipley and McCoy are finally seniors
*Tebow's a sr
*Alabama, which has become almost a 2nd fave (except for their coach) is still doing well.
*No Big 11 pretender is still gloating over their powerful team.

This season is almost over. That's definitely good.

rainiersooner
11/22/2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I can't really think of any. It has been a giant suckfest.

boomerborn79
11/22/2009, 01:51 AM
I switched to Geico and saved over 15% on my car insurance. My 6 yr old taught my 3 yr old to say sucks everytime he here's *****. Finally, backups got alot of playing time, and so did their back-ups. Oh, one last thing we have found field goal kicker.

OKC-SLC
11/22/2009, 01:56 AM
No one died.

Yet.

nighttrain12
11/22/2009, 03:34 AM
Yes, we have finally found our kicker, that is the one good thing. Now we need to find a QB that doesn't look destined to be average.

sooner59
11/22/2009, 03:50 AM
Yes.....Kevin Wilson and Cale Gundy have been exposed.

What has Cale Gundy done? He has done his job year in and year out with the RBs. This year we are devastated on the o-line with injuries and there are no holes, and all of a sudden he isn't doing his job because there is nowhere for his runningbacks to go? He looked fine with the same RBs last year. I have no idea where this comes from. He recruits great RBs and coaches them well. The blocking and running is out of his hands.

King Barry's Back
11/22/2009, 05:17 AM
Yes, we have finally found our kicker, that is the one good thing. Now we need to find a QB that doesn't look destined to be average.

Ever think about that kicker? If we had found our kicker in August, like we should have, there's a real possibility we could have gone to Lubbock with one, or even no, losses.

Think about that. With all our personnel issues, if we'd had a kicker, we likely would have beaten BYU, and probably Miami. And Nebraska likely would have lost 12 or 15 to ten. A couple of field goals against TX might have been enough in the Cotton Bowl.

We were that close to a special season.

In that situation, I wonder what the Sooner mindset would have been for the trip to Lubbock?

spatton713
11/22/2009, 05:44 PM
nothing good

cherokeebrewer
11/22/2009, 06:20 PM
No one died.

Yet.

I'll go with this and "This season is almost over"

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 06:21 PM
Yes....

Some Fans have been exposed.

Blues1
11/22/2009, 06:26 PM
Ever think about that kicker? If we had found our kicker in August, like we should have, there's a real possibility we could have gone to Lubbock with one, or even no, losses.

Think about that. With all our personnel issues, if we'd had a kicker, we likely would have beaten BYU, and probably Miami. And Nebraska likely would have lost 12 or 15 to ten. A couple of field goals against TX might have been enough in the Cotton Bowl.

We were that close to a special season.

In that situation, I wonder what the Sooner mindset would have been for the trip to Lubbock?

Yep ~ Agreed - We would have won those games with Field Goals ( and with my idea of a running qb) -- How many 3rd or 4th and Shorts did we Not Make...? - I just know The Offense sucked too many times when we were SO Close to a First Down or a TD inside the red zone...

Leroy Lizard
11/22/2009, 07:00 PM
This year we are devastated on the o-line with injuries and there are no holes, and all of a sudden he isn't doing his job because there is nowhere for his runningbacks to go? He looked fine with the same RBs last year. I have no idea where this comes from. He recruits great RBs and coaches them well. The blocking and running is out of his hands.

I agree, but I find it strange that the other coaches are not given the same latitude.

If we are going to point our finger at KW and BV, why not Josh Heupel? Cale Gundy? Where does it end?

StoopTroup
11/22/2009, 07:09 PM
I agree, but I find it strange that the other coaches are not given the same latitude.

If we are going to point our finger at KW and BV, why not Josh Heupel? Cale Gundy? Where does it end?

Stoops?

boomerborn79
11/22/2009, 08:25 PM
Stoops?

^^^Yes. We are not the only school to loose starters to injury. Cinci lost there Qb there 10-0. The head coach has to make a call if the team scheme needs changing. I think the coaches decided to stick with what they had win or loose and failed to make the changes that Landry and the O-line needed. I think they figured if we can't win the BCS, or the Big 12 then lets get ready for next year. After the t***s game we became very vanilla. I think the players new that. Thats why the lack luster performance.

TAFBSooner
11/22/2009, 08:42 PM
Lester State U has lost three games so far.

Leroy Lizard
11/22/2009, 09:44 PM
We are not the only school to loose starters to injury. Cinci lost there Qb there 10-0. The head coach has to make a call if the team scheme needs changing. I think the coaches decided to stick with what they had win or loose and failed to make the changes that Landry and the O-line needed. I think they figured if we can't win the BCS, or the Big 12 then lets get ready for next year. After the t***s game we became very vanilla. I think the players new that. Thats why the lack luster performance.

What changes were needed and on what authority are you basing your opinion?

In what way did we become vanilla?

Your entire post is pure conjecture based on nothing.

BTW, can you please use the words "lose" and "loose" correctly? (And "new" and "knew")

TXBOOMER
11/22/2009, 09:51 PM
Nothing good has came out of this season. It is the most disappointing in the Stoops era. Injuries, Road Effort, Lack of Improvement etc. etc. etc.

okiedokie
11/22/2009, 09:54 PM
I posted more because i could not stand the old regime...hee hee

boomerborn79
11/23/2009, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy Lizard;2773612]What changes were needed and on what authority are you basing your opinion?

In what way did we become vanilla?

Your entire post is pure conjecture based on nothing.

BTW, can you please use the words "lose" and "loose" correctly? (And "new" and "knew")[/QUOTE

What changes were needed-I think wth a freshman QB and a new line every week. We should have slowed the game down, not gone no huddle,used easier blocking schemes, change the offense to fit our needs. Who's authority- seriously. Vanilla- I feel like they put a great game plan together for texas and after that they just wanted to get through the season relying on defense to win the game. I don't feel they put Landry in positions to win.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2009, 02:14 AM
What changes were needed-I think wth a freshman QB and a new line every week. We should have slowed the game down, not gone no huddle,used easier blocking schemes, change the offense to fit our needs.

Would you know a blocking scheme if you saw it? I don't know much about blocking schemes, but at least I don't pretend to know.

Seriously, do you have the football knowledge to look at the blocking schemes of our OL and determine that they are too difficult? What blocking scheme should we run in your opinion?

I especially liked your comment that we need to suit the offense to our needs. What a non sequitur. It's like saying, "We need to change the offense to produce more points." Yeah, sure. Who wouldn't disagree with that? But it hardly speaks of a helpful opinion.

Vanilla- I feel like they put a great game plan together for texas and after that they just wanted to get through the season relying on defense to win the game.

So specifically how did our game plan differ between yesterday and the Texas game?

I know, I know. "The game against Texas was, like, way better dude because, like, we gained some yards and the one yesterday, like, didn't. We need to, like, put in a way better plan, dude, one that, like, makes a lot of yards and, you know, fits our needs. Ya' know, dude?