PDA

View Full Version : Did not Les Miles show his incompetence today...

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:26 AM
...I think he is still a little brain damaged..

VA Sooner
11/22/2009, 01:27 AM
Missed the game... only heard about the botched 4th quarter play.

En_Fuego
11/22/2009, 01:49 AM
Let's all bad mouth Lester since we are 11-0

rainiersooner
11/22/2009, 01:51 AM

Shut up man. It's called schadenfreude, and right now it feels good.

nighttrain12
11/22/2009, 01:57 AM

Have you not seen the 8,000+ posts of us bad mouthing our own team also?

Les 'Nessman' Miles not calling a timeout sooner on the play before that long pass completion was just stupidity defined.

SCOUT
11/22/2009, 02:21 AM

I am pretty sure that Lester is not the only coach to be called out.

sooner59
11/22/2009, 04:01 AM
I actually don't think Lester called that last play. It was hurried and after it was over his QB came over to him and he couldn't believe it. The QB didn't know what was going on and Lester was really embarrassed at his QB in the post-game interview. He knew his kicking team wasn't going to make it out (which was his fault), but the spike was retarded. His QB HAD to go for the TD. What a hilarious shame. I laughed quite hard for several minutes.

King Barry's Back
11/22/2009, 05:20 AM
Les likes to live on the edge. It paid off time and time again during their NC year, so good on him.

But you can't take the 1-8 gambles and win very often. More like only once in eight tries, so his style is going to come up short more often than not.

But if he can keep winning in the SEC, I'll keep my 6-5 mouth shut.

fadada1
11/22/2009, 07:49 AM
i'm sure lsu's QB didn't go lsu on an academic scholarship. that being said, i'm sure les didn't get into michigan on academics either.

Sooner70
11/22/2009, 08:36 AM
Paper today sez Lester self proclaimed and confirmed his incompetence and took the blame. "The clock ran down, timeouts were being called verbally, and I didn't relate that to the official apparently, and that was the mistake."

Rogue
11/22/2009, 11:29 AM
Les is crazier than hell. Yup, they made a mistake and he did the right thing by owning the mistake rather than letting it fall to the kids.

And, LSU covered the 4 point spread that Ole Miss was favored by. ;)

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 11:32 AM
The only thing they could have done was, on a very quick snap, run a play...they probably do not game plan for that situation...

steebu
11/22/2009, 12:33 PM
The only thing they could have done was, on a very quick snap, run a play...they probably do not game plan for that situation...

We all know Les Miles is a lying sack of crap, but now we have indisputable video evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9kfnJvB6Q

Jordan Jefferson said he got a signal call to spike it, and guess who gave the signal call? Watch the video. Then watch as Les throws his QB under the bus.

Sheesh.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:36 PM
Les lied...

badger
11/22/2009, 12:39 PM
was he SKIPPING down the sidelines earlier in that video, or was his foot asleep?!

EDIT: Also, Ole Miss got embarrassed by these guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkvRywf4vw) before the game. Definitely NSFW - there's a lot of bad words used. It's a video of the klansmen protest.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:39 PM
He was skipping like a crazy man...

Jacie
11/22/2009, 12:50 PM
It happened to Les Myles which makes us feel good. But consider the situation. On the road, home crowd making so much noise verbal communication was all but impossible on the sideline or the field, they were trying to get in position to kick a field goal with time running out and Les is getting information through his head set, keeping an eye on the game clock, who is on the field for them and make the correct call all at the same time. I bet most coaching staffs would have trouble getting it right under those circumstances. That it sometimes happens is more likely a lucky accident than by design.

badger
11/22/2009, 12:55 PM
:les: BUT I'M THE HEAD COACH! I'M THE HEAD COACH!

ouwapiti
11/22/2009, 12:59 PM
nighttrain......les "nessman' miles!!!!classic....what a perfect fit

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2009, 01:04 PM
What I didn't understand about the situation was how LSU could get off a play of any type under the situation. The clock stopped for a 1st down and it looked like the refs were holding the clock until LSU was ready. I would think they would set the chains and wave their arms to start the clock and it would be over before a snap was possible. They certainly should not have had time for the fg team to get on the field and set.

steebu
11/22/2009, 04:14 PM
:les: BUT I'M THE HEAD COACH! I'M THE HEAD COACH!

THAT'S the key! He's the head coach! He's supposed to take responsibility for what happens on the field, because ultimately HE'S responsible!

"I don't know who told him to clock it."

We can sit here and debate all day about whether they should've run another play or kicked it or whatever. The bottom line is he almost blamed his QB ("obviously he felt like ..."), almost blamed his assistants ("I'm listening to the headphones ..."), but never once took responsibility for the result. VIDEOS CLEARLY SHOW HIM SKIPPING GAILY DOWN THE SIDELINES SIGNALING FOR A CLOCK! YOUR QB EVEN SAID HE GOT A CLOCK SIGNAL FROM THE SIDELINE! BE A FREAKING MAN AND ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG!