PDA

View Full Version : At this point here is the perfect storm...

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:14 AM
...Alabama beats Florida and then Alabama beat texas...

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 12:15 AM
I'd settle for that.

JLEW1818
11/22/2009, 12:17 AM
as long as the horns lose

sooner59
11/22/2009, 12:18 AM
No.

Ingram wins the Heisman, preventing any whorn or gaytor from winning it.

AND Bama beats Florida and Texas.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:19 AM
The Horns will lose it is just a question of who they lose to...

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 12:19 AM
No.

Clint Ingram wins the Heisman, preventing any whorn or gaytor from winning it.

AND Bama beats Florida and Texas.

Mark Ingram

edit...HaHa, caught it before you edited it. :D

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:22 AM
Yes, part of the perfect storm that we now deserve..

boomerborn79
11/22/2009, 12:30 AM
wouldn't it be nice if Pelini could some how beat uterus, then TCU plays Bama. If TCU won we could all call the whole football season a wash and forget about it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/22/2009, 12:32 AM
Ain't nothing perfect about Bama winning another title...GO GATORS-FU!!!

prrriiide
11/22/2009, 12:33 AM
wouldn't it be nice if Pelini could some how beat uterus, then TCU plays Bama. If TCU won we could all call the whole football season a wash and forget about it.

There is a VERY good chance the Fuskers beat texass. That defense is possibly the best in the country, at least right now. I haven't seen anyone playing better. I look for them to SHUT DOWN Pony Boy & Co.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:36 AM
gators winning is not acceptable...

11/22/2009, 12:39 AM
gators winning is not acceptable...It's not good. But, to me it's better than whorns or bammers.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:43 AM
It's not good. But, to me it's better than whorns or bammers.

no, gators need to be xxedd out...

11/22/2009, 12:45 AM
no, gators need to be xxedd out...Tag, you're it. I say FU!

boomerborn79
11/22/2009, 01:07 AM
Tag, you're it. I say FU!

NO fu....

VA Sooner
11/22/2009, 01:16 AM
I vote for Neb beating Texas, Bama beating Florida then losing to TCU.

Go Frogs.

And shut out Boise St from the mix.

That's what I want for Christmas.

11/22/2009, 01:21 AM

Go Frogs.

That's what I want for Christmas.a MUCH better storm than freakin' bama winning YET ANOTHER NC...No! thankew. You kids don't remember when bama was really dominant, and now, with a fired-up and talented Saban as their coach, the bammers are a headache waitin' to happen.
Better yet, have Boise or Ga Tech somehow back in(TCU is too close to OU, and are recruiting rivals)Boise State vs Ga Tech for the NC-there ya go!

Jdog
11/22/2009, 01:26 AM

Go Frogs.

That's what I want for Christmas.

GO HORNY TOADS!!!!!!!!

SoonerInFla
11/22/2009, 03:25 AM
I'm hoping for more chaos.

FSU beats UF
Auburn beats Bama.
texasss loses to Nebraska, not once but twice.
BCS Championship...TCU vs. CINCY

sooner59
11/22/2009, 03:56 AM
We need a new thread with a poll.

I bet a majority would rather see Bama win it all than the gaytors.

General Applewhite
11/22/2009, 08:24 AM
Bama is incapable of beating Texas. It has always been so......

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 11:36 AM
Texas could lose to Nebraska, Texas is not that good...

boomerborn79
11/22/2009, 11:42 AM

I know t***s SUCKS

RedstickSooner
11/22/2009, 12:10 PM
Of the two, I'd probably prefer Bama won (if my choice is between Bama and Florida) because whichever team wins gets a boost in recruiting, and Saban doesn't *need* that boost. He's probably the best recruiter in all of college ball -- while Urban seems to do a better job of actually coaching kids up.

Giving better athletes to Urban would make them incredibly hard to beat, while even with his all-world athletes, Saban is beatable. Hell, we almost beat him in 2003 with half a QB and the heart of our defense torn out and then hurriedly sewn back in.

Jacie
11/22/2009, 12:27 PM

The loss should have come a few weeks ago. They have improved since then and are on a roll. Do you think the nebbish can beat em? I don't. A quality opponent in a bowl game you are thinking, well, anything can happen between two teams after a month off and then playing in the hype of a BCS bowl.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:28 PM
The loss should have come a few weeks ago. They have improved since then and are on a roll. Do you think the nebbish can beat em? I don't. A quality opponent in a bowl game you are thinking, well, anything can happen between two teams after a month off and then playing in the hype of a BCS bowl.

Rolling against Kansas...right...

bluedogok
11/22/2009, 12:31 PM
Ain't nothing perfect about Bama winning another title...GO GATORS-FU!!!
Bammer already has eleventy-billion titles so what's one more? To me it is better than Saint Tebow and Pope Urban winning one.

11/22/2009, 12:37 PM
Bammer already has eleventy-billion titles so what's one more? To me it is better than Saint Tebow and Pope Urban winning one.You will have seen the creation of a new, revived monster, that's all. Sorta like if notre Dame started winning big, again. We're still ahead of FU in titles, and I DON'T think bammer has as good a chance of beating tx, compared to FU.

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:38 PM
I hope Florida does not win it, I literally may puke if they do...

bluedogok
11/22/2009, 12:39 PM
You will have seen the creation of a new, revived monster, that's all. Sorta like if notre Dame started winning bid, again. We're still ahead of FU in titles, and I DON'T think bammer has as good a chance of beating tx, compared to FU.
Bama is going to become a monster anyway with Saban there...I would rather see Florida drift off into non-importance like they used to be.

11/22/2009, 12:42 PM
Bama is going to become a monster anyway with Saban there...I would rather see Florida drift off into non-importance like they used to be.2 hideous monsters in the SEC instead of just one! SECSECSECSECSECSECSECUGH!

bluedogok
11/22/2009, 12:54 PM
I think Florida could drop a little in stature with the Bama-Saban combination. They are already not as good this season with Harvin gone, just think of when the seniors they have are gone, Meyer recruited them when Saban was with the Dolphins. To me Bama is the traditional program in the SEC, Florida is a "new power" down there. Plus the Bama people that I have known are less obnoxious than the Florida alums that I have known...they remind me of OSU fans.

11/22/2009, 01:02 PM
I think Florida could drop a little in stature with the Bama-Saban combination. They are already not as good this season with Harvin gone, just think of when the seniors they have are gone, Meyer recruited them when Saban was with the Dolphins. To me Bama is the traditional program in the SEC, Florida is a "new power" down there. Plus the Bama people that I have known are less obnoxious than the Florida alums that I have known...they remind me of OSU fans.Saban might be the reincarnation of Bear Bryant. you WON'T like it. My main thing is, right now, i think FU has a better shot at beating tx than bama has, which is the most important consideration for me.

bluedogok
11/22/2009, 01:24 PM
I think either team is a pick'em against the Whorns and both have a good shot at beating them. It's just too bad the game isn't in New Orleans or Florida this year.

The difference is Saban can't "dominate" football quite like the preeminent programs in Bear's day, there are too many players out there now. Will they be good and dominant, probably...but I think they can do that whether they win the MNC this season or not but it's not like they are going to go on a 10 year run of championships or anything like that. It requires a bunch of luck in terms of injuries, calls and bounces going your way 90% of the time to win it all and I don't see that happening for anyone every season. It hasn't so far.

Everyone seemed to think that USC was going to dominate like that every season with Petey there and a weaker conference (for the most part), they had a nice little run but they seem to be going through the same issues that we did a few years ago after losing assistants.

I still think ultimately it comes down to the players, too many of the players these days seem to cower in the face of adversity and fail to respond. It seems much different than the era in which most of us grew up.

King Barry's Back
11/22/2009, 02:15 PM

[little arrows pointing up]
this

East Coast Bias
11/22/2009, 09:06 PM
Neb will get smoked by texas. -News flash- they are not a good team. Judging defensive prowess based on how teams perform against our offense is a flawed concept.

freakhorn
11/23/2009, 02:19 PM

good enough to be 11-0. Texas by 24 over the holers. if tt can put 31 on them in Lincoln, this is a run away for horns. gear up for another Texas national championship. neither sec team will run the ball on them if they pass it plays right into their hands.