PDA

View Full Version : You guys were right

LSUdeek
11/21/2009, 07:42 PM
At least we got a conference and national title out of Less. :les:

nighttrain12
11/21/2009, 07:49 PM
Why didn't the QB at least throw the ball in the end zone trying to complete it on the last play instead of spiking it?

thesnowbishop
11/21/2009, 08:20 PM
Dang man, how many dollar bills were cast aside on that last series in lieu of Richrod/Weiss' final plugs.

I now do fully question the metal plate in the head thingy that Les has going on. God bless the let her rip.

TXBOOMER
11/21/2009, 08:21 PM
You guys should fire his rear and bring in Gary Patterson at TCU. With those athletes you guys have and his defensive scheme you may never give up a point.

soonervegas
11/21/2009, 08:23 PM
LSUDeek -

You got a national title out of Saban's recruiting and a gift wrapped home game against OSU.

I shrudder to think what Saban is going to do with Bama......national title wise.

LSUdeek
11/21/2009, 08:54 PM
He's going to lose again this year. I don't expect Bama to win any conference or national titles until Meyer geaux's.

Most people wanted Rich Rod here when Les was supposed to be leaving in 2007. Recall he verbally agreed to a deal at Bama and then backed out at the last second. How's RR looking now?

I can't really say I know of an available and up-and-coming coach that would DEFINITELY be better.

delhalew
11/21/2009, 09:11 PM
Patterson...dude is amazing.

RedstickSooner
11/21/2009, 10:06 PM
At least we got a conference and national title out of Less. :les:

LSU got those out of Saban -- which is why Skip should've just paid the man, rather than calling his bluff and forcing Saban to jump to the NFL.

It never ceases to amaze me that nobody rails against the worst thing Skip Bertman ever did to LSU: Refusing to meet Saban's constant demands for further pay raises. I seem to be the only person in the state who believes Saban would've been worth every dime.

With Saban at the helm, LSU would've become the SEC's juggernaut, no matter what Urban did -- because he would've continued to build on the recruiting powerhouse he built, one good enough to make LSU competitive years after Saban left.

TUSooner
11/21/2009, 10:39 PM
LSUDeek -

You got a national title out of Saban's recruiting and a gift wrapped home game against OSU....

Good summary. :D

I actually like Miles, sort-of, but he sent his brain to an early shower in this one. With 9 seconds left, the idea of a 1st down and a quick FG should at least cross your mind. Of course, Ole Miss never should have let it get that close.

LSUdeek
11/21/2009, 11:39 PM
LSU got those out of Saban -- which is why Skip should've just paid the man, rather than calling his bluff and forcing Saban to jump to the NFL.

It never ceases to amaze me that nobody rails against the worst thing Skip Bertman ever did to LSU: Refusing to meet Saban's constant demands for further pay raises. I seem to be the only person in the state who believes Saban would've been worth every dime.

Bertman has an ego issue. He hired a subservient coach to replace him in Smoke Laval, who promptly proceeded to run the baseball program into the ground. He got the Mainieri hire right, though. I think the decision to hire Miles might have been similarly motivated.

On Saban, not too many of us were happy with the 2004 sseason. Many showed up out of shape after the offseason hangover and we had a subpar 9-3 final record.

Saban hasn't stayed anywhere longer than 5 years. I suspect from the 2004 results that the players might have been getting tired of his act. I am interested to see how long he stays at Bama and his long term results.