PDA

View Full Version : Rant Thread!!

soonersam
11/21/2009, 05:41 PM
I'm 33 now and understand that not every season will end with playing for the NC, but the losses this year really have bothered me. This isnt a bash Bobby soap box rant but where is the passion and emotion. I hate to quote a movie but "motion creates emotion" (boiler room). It doesnt take Ken Jennings to see that OU got every bad break possible this season but I never thought I would see OU play so flat under Stoops. Maybe my expectations are high after the first 4 years but it seemed the coaches pride, anger and passion bled all over the program and the players ate it up!!!

Kudos to Josh! He looks like he's coachin on the edge!

delhalew
11/21/2009, 05:44 PM
It's hard to understand for me. I don't understand how Sooners could lose their fire.

I think you're right about Josh also.

Blues1
11/21/2009, 05:44 PM
Face the facts ~ Sorry to Say but --- LJ will never take this team to a bcs bowl or to a Big 12 Championship game.....Not next year or 2011 JMHO....!

mightysooner
11/21/2009, 05:46 PM
Something happens to our team on the road. I don't know what it is but you don't see flat performances at home. It's like they only have confidence at Norman and play like waginas on the road.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 05:50 PM
No doubt Josh is a good Coach. Do you think maybe he's a tad disappointed with Landry? I'd be full of emotion too if the Freshman QB I had was struggling on the road again.

I'm betting Stoops may not feel the same way right now. I think we all expect more, especially when Sam is sitting there as a resource.

Jay Norvell is still suspect in my mind. I think the receivers have all made it very hard on Landry and it looks like even had Sam stayed healthy...we would have still struggled in the passing game.

I hope Josh keeps his head on straight. Landry is really struggling.

soonersam
11/21/2009, 05:52 PM
Its just so hard to watch the Jekyll and Hyde show!!!

They could beat the New England Patroits by 24 @ home but lose by 17 @ Jenks

mightysooner
11/21/2009, 05:52 PM
I can't criticize Norvell. He's put good receivers on the field every year for us. This class of receivers has no talent and just shouldn't be playing D-1 football.

soonersam
11/21/2009, 05:56 PM
I can't criticize Norvell. He's put good receivers on the field every year for us. This class of receivers has no talent and just shouldn't be playing D-1 football.

I disagree.. They just dont have any confidence away from home. Broyles has the hands and the speed but he and Murry just havent delivered on 3rd downs and clutch situations!

gaylordfan1
11/21/2009, 05:58 PM
This spring will be interesting.......

Landry will have to earn his position fighting against Allen and Bell.

Come one and come all offensive linemen! We can use u!

mightysooner
11/21/2009, 05:59 PM
Wasn't talking about Broyles. He's an obvious talent. But even at that he's inconsistent and disappears in games.

I'm talking about every other receiver on the roster. Not one of them showed any emergence this year or improved play. Murray isn't a WR so Norvell isn't his coach.

gaylordfan1
11/21/2009, 06:00 PM
I disagree.. They just dont have any confidence away from home. Broyles has the hands and the speed but he and Murry just havent delivered on 3rd downs and clutch situations!

I do feel the DC of our opposing teams know that Broyles and Murray are our only two threats.... Stop them and we are screwed!

mightysooner
11/21/2009, 06:00 PM
If I'm Stoops I go Juco shopping for a pair of tackles for the O-line. We have serious lack of talent issues in our young linemen.

gaylordfan1
11/21/2009, 06:01 PM
Wasn't talking about Broyles. He's an obvious talent. But even at that he's inconsistent and disappears in games.

I'm talking about every other receiver on the roster. Not one of them showed any emergence this year or improved play. Murray isn't a WR so Norvell isn't his coach.

I think Miller has stepped up.

mightysooner
11/21/2009, 06:09 PM
I think Miller has stepped up.

When though? He's had a good snag here and there but has he proven to be a force on the field? Has he showed even a glimmer of greatness? Not that I've seen yet. Not to say that he won't but you'd think at least ONE of these young guys would've stepped up and represented this season with the opportunity to play.

Tenell just flat out stinks. I don't know what his problem is but if there's a DB within 5 feet of him he won't make the catch.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 06:18 PM
Exactly how many years has he been doing doing this great job for us?

Seriously...he's struggling.

Curly Bill
11/21/2009, 06:22 PM
I think Norvell is another example of where our past talent has obfuscated the fact that he's not an especially good coach.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 06:22 PM
If I'm Stoops I go Juco shopping for a pair of tackles for the O-line. We have serious lack of talent issues in our young linemen.

You do realize that Coaches shop 24/7 every day of the year right?

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 06:23 PM
I think Norvell is another example of where our past talent has obfuscated the fact that he's not an especially good coach.

There you go.

He just hasn't been a good fit.

Curly Bill
11/21/2009, 06:23 PM
I think our shopping habits have been fine. I'm not as keen on how we've developed the merchandise.

OK2LA
11/21/2009, 06:54 PM
Humble pie . . .

tastes like shiot.

Thanks for serving it up Miami, BYU, Nebbish, Tech, Tejas, and dare I say aggie . . . ?

tulsaoilerfan
11/21/2009, 07:04 PM

Miller is pretty good, Reynolds shows potential, but Tennell should never see the field; i've never seen a WR drop so many passes that hit him right in the hands; why on Earth do we keep throwing to him?

westcoast_sooner
11/21/2009, 07:06 PM
Broyles and D Miller have been the bright spots of the season as far as the receiving corps are concerned. Jaz Reynolds might be a player. Tennell and Kenney have both been disappointments. And Caleb was making strides to have a good season, but either he's injured or just not seeing the field - not sure what's going on with him.

OK2LA
11/21/2009, 07:09 PM
Ask yourself what would happen to Florida if they lost Tebow and Demps? What would happen to Texas if they lost McCoy and Shipley? What would happen to Bama if they lost McElroy and Ingram? That's not even including the O-line departures and injuries to said line as well during the year.

All that considered - I'm not all that surprised that we are where we are.

That being said - it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

soonerborn45
11/21/2009, 07:10 PM

This is his second year as a coach here at OU. Last year were not recievers that he developed. That was Kevin Sumlin. This year is his first year to show recievers that he has developed and they are terrible. They do not help Landry one bit by dropping balls and not getting open on their routes. So basically no Jay Norvell has not put good receivers on the field for us every year since he has only been here for a year and half.

tulsaoilerfan
11/21/2009, 07:11 PM
Considering Bama has a new QB this year and some new starters on the line and have done quite well i think they would be okay

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 07:16 PM
This is his second year as a coach here at OU. Last year were not recievers that he developed. That was Kevin Sumlin. This year is his first year to show recievers that he has developed and they are terrible. They do not help Landry one bit by dropping balls and not getting open on their routes. So basically no Jay Norvell has not put good receivers on the field for us every year since he has only been here for a year and half.

Thank you. I get tired of explaining that.

tulsaoilerfan
11/21/2009, 07:17 PM
Thank you. I get tired of explaining that.

Honestly i didn't know Norvell was only in his second season; i don't keep up with the coaches all that well outside of the 1 or 2 i'm always bitching about:D

King Barry's Back
11/21/2009, 07:37 PM
Miller is pretty good, Reynolds shows potential, but Tennell should never see the field; i've never seen a WR drop so many passes that hit him right in the hands; why on Earth do we keep throwing to him?

1. He's the only one open?

- or -

2. More likely, Landry can't throw every pass to Broyles, and he doesn't look past Tennell. Tennell is a serious liability, and Landry needs to develop before August.

I Am Right
11/21/2009, 07:41 PM
Tennell-aka -pooh- aka-can't catch the freaking ball.