PDA

View Full Version : Murray #7

okiedokie
11/21/2009, 04:02 PM
not just in this game but all games...... good for two yards and fall down......well I guess he usually has one game a year that he comes out of his shell.:bsmf:

MyT Oklahoma
11/21/2009, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see you do better.

okiewaker
11/21/2009, 04:10 PM
I think tacklers got in his way but that's just me.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/21/2009, 04:11 PM
Did the first time this gay *** thread got deleted not give the hint?

Suck a root, troll.

okiedokie
11/21/2009, 04:15 PM
Murray is not all he is hyped to be and you need to realize that......I could probably match his total yards today....

Hey fireman, who's trollin when you know what posts are deleted when?? duh:pop:

Tulsa_Fireman
11/21/2009, 04:18 PM
Keep posting, champ.

Between the neg, the failburgers you're grilling with punctuation, and the mindnumbingly retarded statements you're making, you're already knee deep in the jackass hole and don't even realize you're the one holding the shovel.

okiedokie
11/21/2009, 04:28 PM
thanks , I will. That is the purpose of these boards is it not? not sure why I would get neg when you are the one name calling?

keep it up...go slide down a pole somewhere..I think you like it :)

anyways, play Brown more or go to the backups for more practice....

sooners2win
11/21/2009, 04:30 PM
Dude, Chris Brown has drove me crazy all year, I would much rather see 7, and 23......and 26 when healthy.

Uncle Ernie
11/21/2009, 04:35 PM
Keep posting, champ.

Between the neg, the failburgers you're grilling with punctuation, and the mindnumbingly retarded statements you're making, you're already knee deep in the jackass hole and don't even realize you're the one holding the shovel.

How true TTown Fireman. This is where the fair-weather rats abandon the cheese as it were. What does it take to be a Sooner fan? If you have to ask you ain't one. Okie Dokie?

11/21/2009, 04:45 PM
mmmmmmmmm... mindnumbingly retarded statements.

okiedokie
11/21/2009, 04:50 PM
sooner born and sooner bred and when I die i'll be sooner dead...:-)

Uncle Ernie
11/21/2009, 04:52 PM
mmmmmmmmm... mindnumbingly retarded statements.

Thank you Og.

jumperstop
11/21/2009, 05:03 PM
gah...everyone needs to get along. And fireman, you shouldn't hop on someones back for their opinion. Murray seems to duck his head a bit soon sometimes, but it is not like he has a **** ton of running room.

KingWKB
11/21/2009, 05:07 PM
Get Murray the ball in space and there is no one like him in the country (watch the A&M game). But run him between the tackles and he becomes very average, especially with a very mediocre Oline.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 05:08 PM
gah...everyone needs to get along.

Don't ya think you should have stopped with the above stmt then?

TXBOOMER
11/21/2009, 05:09 PM
I think tacklers got in his way but that's just me.

In BUNCHES!

jumperstop
11/21/2009, 05:18 PM
Don't ya think you should have stopped with the above stmt then?

All i'm saying is everyone was having a good discussion until Fireman started calling names. This whole site is about peoples opinions(no matter how stupid, lid is allowed to post on here), we shouldn't resort to name calling when you disagree with someone.

delhalew
11/21/2009, 05:23 PM
Fireman called him names because the OP IS A TARD!!!!!

Murray is one of the only guys out there busting his @ss for the team.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 05:28 PM
All i'm saying is everyone was having a good discussion until Fireman started calling names. This whole site is about peoples opinions(no matter how stupid, lid is allowed to post on here), we shouldn't resort to name calling when you disagree with someone.
He didn't call him a name.

He called him Champ.

Sarcastic more than likely . A name would be like calling him a dumb***. Although...dumb*** might have fit better than Champ.

jumperstop
11/21/2009, 05:29 PM
Fireman called him names because the OP IS A TARD!!!!!

Murray is one of the only guys out there busting his @ss for the team.

I'm pretty sure most of the players for our team are busting thier ***, they just suck too much sometimes. And dude is entitled to his opinion without being called a troll. I just hate how mean some people on this board get after we lose. We should have practice with the post game discussions with all the lossing has been going on.

jumperstop
11/21/2009, 05:31 PM
Suck a root, troll.

That's what I read...

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 05:35 PM
That's what I read...

Maybe a Mod can shed some light on this.

Is this the 2nd "Murray #7" thread?

If it was....then indeed....Troll fits.

Jumper...I believe Fireman was indeed correct that this was the Troll's 2nd thread. The first one is a memory.

delhalew
11/21/2009, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the players for our team are busting thier ***, they just suck too much sometimes. And dude is entitled to his opinion without being called a troll. I just hate how mean some people on this board get after we lose. We should have practice with the post game discussions with all the lossing has been going on.

Most times I agree, but you should go back and read that crap again...really.

gaylordfan1
11/21/2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Calhoun ran for 18 yrds on two plays..... with 30 sec left in the game. He def should have started! Wait, that was sarcasm! Murray is a great back. If I'm not mistakin, that was just a all around bad offensive/defensive performance. It's hard to break a lot of runs with a damaged o-line.

StoopTroup
11/21/2009, 05:40 PM
Also...the word noob comes to mind.

What's funny is when our Team loses another Road Game and some guy with 10 posts comes on the board with a post about a player.

When you do this...people are very emotional about losing. We don't usually lose and especially not like we did today.

Noobs really ought to join in posts not start Threads bagging on a player.

Noob/Troll...I'd say Fireman is right on the money.

OUmillenium
11/21/2009, 05:44 PM
I was pissed that they were not giving Murray tons of touches in the 1st half. I went to a HS bask scrimmage at halftime, thankfully.

okiedokie
11/21/2009, 11:43 PM
I am sure there are tons of walk on players that bust their *** in practice as well, that does not make them a great player.

My sig will now be....
Be careful, opinions are not tolerated on this board. Pls see above.

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 12:31 AM
My posts bagging on peeps are tolerated just fine. Of course I managed to fit in around here first, see how things operate so to speak, before raising as much hell and bagging on players and coaches as I do now.

Some of the new guys should try it.

westcoast_sooner
11/22/2009, 12:40 AM
IMO, anyone ragging on Murray just needs to take a look in the mirror. To me, the guy has been an awesome player for the Sooners. I'll remember DeMarco along with a lot of the other Sooner greats.

To me, the guy has been the epitome of what it means to be a Sooner. He's fought through injury after injury, and worked through all the rehab he needed to do in order to be a difference maker.

To me, when DM gets a little help, he is one of the most electrifying players we have seen since Stoops has been in Norman.

The guy is an AWESOME Sooner.

En_Fuego
11/22/2009, 12:50 AM
ala Reggie Smith.....Over Hype and No Action

Curly Bill
11/22/2009, 12:52 AM
Murray has been a fine player for OU, but that being said: if he was half as good as some on here proclaim him to be he'd have 7 Heismans by now. :P

Soonerus
11/22/2009, 12:55 AM
Murray may be over-estimating himself...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/22/2009, 01:14 AM
mmmmmmmmm... mindnumbingly retarded statements.huh?.......uh, ...what?

badger
12/16/2009, 06:51 PM
Update: Murray is still considering the NFL.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091216_92_0_NORMAN499065)

My guess is he won't declare till after the bowl.

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2009, 06:57 PM
I've had a feeling all along that DM would leave - still hope I'm wrong. Missing DM has been a huge void in the last 2 bowl games. Not sure it would have been enough against WVU since so many other guys were out, but last year -- oh, what might have been. Hope DM tears it up in the Sun bowl.

gaylordfan1
12/16/2009, 10:30 PM
That SUX! We need his leadership in the backfield next year to keep our new pups in line!

swardboy
12/16/2009, 10:53 PM
I've had a feeling all along that DM would leave - still hope I'm wrong. Missing DM has been a huge void in the last 2 bowl games. Not sure it would have been enough against WVU since so many other guys were out, but last year -- oh, what might have been. Hope DM tears it up in the Sun bowl.

Totally agree about last year. He seemed to be over the previous injury and was running with abandon. Big missing part against Florida. Gah, we were so close.............

rawlingsHOH
12/16/2009, 11:01 PM
I think Murray is close to graduating already. Anyone know if he's on schedule for May?

JLEW1818
12/16/2009, 11:03 PM
nothing against him... but he won't be drafted in the first 2 rounds ....

sooner59
12/16/2009, 11:12 PM
You're right. He is likely a 3rd rounder. I think if he came back and had a solid year, he could move back up to mid 2nd round or so. Quite a bit of $$$ from a team's 2nd pick and their 3rd or 4th.

picasso
12/16/2009, 11:51 PM
Murray is not all he is hyped to be and you need to realize that......I could probably match his total yards today....

Hey fireman, who's trollin when you know what posts are deleted when?? duh:pop:

He'd stomp a hole in your head. Bigger than the one that's already there.

sooneron
12/16/2009, 11:59 PM
Someone's daddy should have worn a rubber...

BoulderSooner79
12/17/2009, 12:06 AM
nothing against him... but he won't be drafted in the first 2 rounds ....

I'll take that one :)

OUmillenium
12/17/2009, 11:09 AM
IMO, anyone ragging on Murray just needs to take a look in the mirror. To me, the guy has been an awesome player for the Sooners. I'll remember DeMarco along with a lot of the other Sooner greats.

To me, the guy has been the epitome of what it means to be a Sooner. He's fought through injury after injury, and worked through all the rehab he needed to do in order to be a difference maker.

To me, when DM gets a little help, he is one of the most electrifying players we have seen since Stoops has been in Norman.

The guy is an AWESOME Sooner.

I agree. DeMarco and Broyles were the only reason to watch our offense after the injury snowball hit us.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2009, 11:36 AM
i vote this thread as the most fagtastic thread of this miserable 2009 football season.

KantoSooner
12/17/2009, 11:39 AM
i vote this thread as the most fagtastic thread of this miserable 2009 football season.

You are correct.

badger
12/17/2009, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry for resurrecting it... I wanted to post that link but didn't want to start a new thread on it. :(

ndpruitt03
12/17/2009, 11:56 AM
I think Murray has been used pretty poorly just like AD was used bad at OU.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2009, 12:05 PM
I think Murray has been used pretty poorly just like AD was used bad at OU.

heh look...another Offensive co ordinator ;)

so, just for shiites and giggles, how would you have used murray?

Widescreen
12/17/2009, 12:08 PM

I would've used him in that way that scores lots more touchdowns.

ndpruitt03
12/17/2009, 12:10 PM

I would have thrown the ball more for one thing. There was really only one game threw him the ball like they should and he got a ton of yards.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2009, 12:17 PM
I would have thrown the ball more for one thing. There was really only one game threw him the ball like they should and he got a ton of yards.

so, what if the defense actually game planned like we were going to throw the ball to murray and they covered him like a sheet?

throw downfield? yeh did that. and our receivers werent catching....

run draws? yeh did that too. sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt.

think our line play had anything to do with limits that were placed on murray?

and how bout AD? how would you have used him?

rawlingsHOH
12/17/2009, 01:00 PM
just like AD was used bad at OU.
I'd say they over-ran him a bit. But I don't think there is a whole lot to complain about there. He was on his way to a MONSTER season in 2006, before the injury. They used him in motion, they flexed him out.

In 2005, the nagging ankle hurt things. I would agree they probably should have just shut him down, starting the UCLA game, and let that heal properly. Hindsight 20/20.

ndpruitt03
12/17/2009, 01:04 PM
What they did with AD is they put him about 10 yards back with no full back and rarely used play action from that set and all teams had to do was blitz from the edge and he had so many no gains or losses because of that formation because everyone knew he was getting the ball and there were no blockers to keep them from getting to him. Now our game plans with Murray weren't near as bad as that one was but they were still bad.

Jello Biafra
12/17/2009, 01:15 PM
What they did with AD is they put him about 10 yards back with no full back and rarely used play action from that set and all teams had to do was blitz from the edge and he had so many no gains or losses because of that formation because everyone knew he was getting the ball and there were no blockers to keep them from getting to him. Now our game plans with Murray weren't near as bad as that one was but they were still bad.

actually it was typically 8 yards (i counted on many occasions) and it gives better vision at what hole HE was going to pick. when you have a horse like peterson, it gives you that option. if you lined him up as a single back, most teams knew they were going to go to him but when they DIDNT wow big gains...

rawlingsHOH
12/17/2009, 01:21 PM

Wow, I remember JD Runnells leading the way a LOT for him.

In 2006, that was cut down a little, as we used more TE and a little less FB, but not entirely.

ndpruitt03
12/17/2009, 01:27 PM
Wow, I remember JD Runnells leading the way a LOT for him.

In 2006, that was cut down a little, as we used more TE and a little less FB, but not entirely.

When Runnels was in AD wasn't 10 yards back he and he usually got better runs.

westcoast_sooner
12/19/2009, 06:19 PM
AD lined up 8 yards deep and said it gave him better vision and just a little extra time to pick a hole. DeMarco isn't the same type runner as AD, for anyone who has watched both. Murray's style has also changed since he's been in Norman - possibly due to injury, but just as likely since he's gotten bigger and stronger.

I'll admit, I've been a fan of this kid's since he announced his commitment to OU. But, I think he would do well with one more season in the Sooner backfield. If he declares for the NFL, I'll wish him luck and will hope he succeeds at the next level.

picasso
12/20/2009, 11:35 AM
Let's go back to the original post.

Completely stupid.

picasso
12/20/2009, 11:37 AM
Here ya go smart guy:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=2&articleid=20091220_92_B1_DeMarc522773

olevetonahill
12/20/2009, 12:02 PM
Here ya go smart guy:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=2&articleid=20091220_92_B1_DeMarc522773

Good jorb Bro

ndpruitt03
12/20/2009, 12:06 PM
If he stays another year he will shatter Steve Owens 40 year old career TD record

boomermagic
12/21/2009, 11:42 AM
I like Murray but I do think his injuries have taken a toll on his ability. He is not as much of a breakaway threat as he once was.. He is however a very good rb and a great Sooner..

Go Down, Moses
12/21/2009, 11:51 AM
I like Murray but I do think his injuries have taken a toll on his ability. He is not as much of a breakaway threat as he once was.. He is however a very good rb and a great Sooner..

No kidding.

What the hell kind of dumb thread is this?

rawlingsHOH
12/21/2009, 11:57 AM
If he stays another year he will shatter Steve Owens 40 year old career TD record

He'd be on pace to break it by 1.

Of course, Owens did it only 3 seasons, also.

picasso
12/21/2009, 01:24 PM
Of course, Owens did it only 3 seasons, also.

And of course with a lot more carries.

rawlingsHOH
12/21/2009, 01:28 PM
And of course with a lot more carries.

Yep, he was the entire offense in those days.

boomermagic
12/21/2009, 03:14 PM
No kidding.

What the hell kind of dumb thread is this?

Your posting on it !

spatton713
12/21/2009, 09:09 PM
i thought he was going to be one of the best ever when he first came, then the injuries...i kinda wrote him off....sorry I did hes slowly come on strong and if he stays next year could be his breakout year...what a stud

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2009, 11:39 PM
i thought he was going to be one of the best ever when he first came, then the injuries...i kinda wrote him off....sorry I did hes slowly come on strong and if he stays next year could be his breakout year...what a studAs a freshman, before that Txtech game injury, he was as good as anyone we've ever had, with the possible exception of M. DuPree.

oufreak
12/22/2009, 12:46 PM
When AD was here he was getting all the snaps just about. I think it will be hard for anyone to get stats going when the coaches are splitting the carries. I wish it would be more like 75% carries. If Demarco would get more carries, as we all know he will make some big plays eventually. It is like AD in the NFL 2,1,-1,26, etc. Demarco is a remarkable back and we should be lucky to have him.

rawlingsHOH
12/22/2009, 01:07 PM
When AD was here he was getting all the snaps just about. I think it will be hard for anyone to get stats going when the coaches are splitting the carries. I wish it would be more like 75% carries. If Demarco would get more carries, as we all know he will make some big plays eventually. It is like AD in the NFL 2,1,-1,26, etc. Demarco is a remarkable back and we should be lucky to have him.
He can't handle that. Body breaks down.

rawlingsHOH
12/22/2009, 01:08 PM
As a freshman, before that Txtech game injury, he was as good as anyone we've ever had, with the possible exception of M. DuPree.

And the legend grows. LOL