PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like seeing the UNC's Roy Williams...

IronHorseSooner
11/21/2009, 08:52 AM
get his head handed to him?

He's the :mack: of college basketball. Recruit star players, just hope they perform well, and don't do any coaching. With the talent that he has had at UNC and KU, he should have had about 7 national titles. I remember year after after, Kelvin and even Eddie would out-coach him. I just enjoyed watching my most recent alma mater, Syracuse, just throat punch them on National TV last night, right in front of the biggest ACC homer, Dickie V. Boeheim outcoached him from start to finish. Man, it was fun to watch!

1890MilesToNorman
11/21/2009, 08:55 AM
I caught the last 6 minutes of the game and I enjoyed it. :D

bluedogok
11/21/2009, 09:45 AM
Recruit star players, just hope they perform well, and don't do any coaching. With the talent that he has had at UNC, he should have had about 7 national titles
Remove the KU out of that and you could be talking about either Roy or Dean Smith...To me it applies to both. After all the joke was who is the only person that could keep Michael Jordan under 30 points a game? That would be Dean Smith.

Curly Bill
11/21/2009, 11:57 AM
Yup, I've always hated UNC, and yeah neither Dean Smith nor Roy are especially good coaches.

sooner518
11/21/2009, 12:18 PM
hes won 2 NCs in the past 4 years. not sure I'd call him overrated

Curly Bill
11/21/2009, 02:21 PM
hes won 2 NCs in the past 4 years. not sure I'd call him overrated

Having the best talent in the country coming to your team every season can do that for a guy.

I'm not even sure I'd say he's overrated, I think most knowledgeable people know how he's won those NC's.