PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listening to the SA

beer4me
11/20/2009, 10:41 AM
BBJ and Murdock getting into it big time

laughing MAO:D :D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2009, 10:42 AM
throw james hale in there and get the worst limp wristed pillow fight in history

Jello Biafra
11/20/2009, 10:43 AM

about? im guessing who can eat the most hotdogs...upchurch can back me up on this ;)

Jello Biafra
11/20/2009, 10:43 AM
throw james hale in there and get the worst limp wristed pillow fight in history

i heard BBJ hits like a wet sock.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2009, 10:53 AM
all three of those doosh rockets probably do....

posts like this is probably why I can't post on JH's board... I used my name from here and it was never approved

44BluesExplosion
11/20/2009, 11:15 AM
The difference is simple.

If you ask Stoops if they have overcome injuries this year and if he answered honestly, he would say, "No, we've lost 4 games that we should have won."

If you asked Gundy the same, he'd say they had.

I've never understood the OU/OSU rivalry. It's not a rivalry. It's a mediocre college football program against one of the nation's best. To me, "bedlam" is a media created event that has no real stones behind it.

This "argument" on the air is nonsense.

Boomer.....
11/20/2009, 11:19 AM
about? im guessing who can eat the most hotdogs...upchurch can back me up on this ;)

BBJ is standing up for aggie saying that the come from behind win over Colorado was more impressive than anything OU has done this season. He keep asking CM to tell him the last time OU had a come from behind victory and he couldn't.

What he doesn't realize is that we win so many more games than aggie that we are almost never behind.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2009, 11:32 AM

http://ninesisters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rofl-mao.jpg

Spanish Sooner
11/20/2009, 11:36 AM
BBJ is standing up for aggie saying that the come from behind win over Colorado was more impressive than anything OU has done this season. He keep asking CM to tell him the last time OU had a come from behind victory and he couldn't.

What he doesn't realize is that we win so many more games than aggie that we are almost never behind.

2006 vs Texas Tech in Norman, 24-17 at the half, we won 34-24 holding them scoreless in the second half.

2007 vs Missouri, down 24-23 at one point in a game that Missouri "gave away" so they say, win 41-31.

2008 Bedlam OSU led 10-7 in the first

Its hard to come from behind, when for the last 5 years you have won most your games in blow outs. Not to mention, a 14-10 point halftime score is still anyones game, its not like OSU was down by two touchdowns three times in one game, or had to pull a miraculous leachesque comeback and comeback from being down 38-14, the most they were down was 21-10

Collier11
11/20/2009, 11:41 AM
they are both fruitcakes

And coming from behind at home against a 3-7 Colorado team is not impressive...at all

beer4me
11/20/2009, 11:46 AM
http://ninesisters.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rofl-mao.jpg

Good one :D

olevetonahill
11/20/2009, 11:56 AM
Has the SA said anymore about ND lookin at Josh ?

Boomer.....
11/20/2009, 11:59 AM
I haven't heard anything about that.

olevetonahill
11/20/2009, 12:02 PM
I heard a rumor about it
Then some one said they heard the SA talking about it

beer4me
11/20/2009, 12:34 PM
I heard a rumor about it
Then some one said they heard the SA talking about it

They talked about it a couple of days ago but I haven't heard them talking about it since.

olevetonahill
11/20/2009, 01:03 PM
They talked about it a couple of days ago but I haven't heard them talking about it since.

Wonder if ND changed their minds or Just trying to keep it on the QT ?

TopDawg
11/20/2009, 06:06 PM
Its hard to come from behind, when for the last 5 years you have won most your games in blow outs. Not to mention, a 14-10 point halftime score is still anyones game, its not like OSU was down by two touchdowns three times in one game, or had to pull a miraculous leachesque comeback and comeback from being down 38-14, the most they were down was 21-10

Yeah...it's not like they were behind 35-14 on the road at the start of the third quarter and came back to win 38-35. Texas did that a few years ago to someone.

A couple of years before that Texas was behind something like 28-9 on the road and then came back to win 47-28.

Now THOSE are comeback wins.

Coming back from a 21-10 deficit at home is child's play.

stoopified
11/20/2009, 07:18 PM
they are both fruitcakes

And coming from behind at home against a 3-7 Colorado team is not impressive...at allTrue dat.

okiewaker
11/20/2009, 07:23 PM
I can't hardly listen to that station anymore especially now that Craig Humphreys is only on when the Thunder play. I thought Craig was the best of the bunch.

beer4me
11/20/2009, 07:57 PM
I can't hardly listen to that station anymore especially now that Craig Humphreys is only on when the Thunder play. I thought Craig was the best of the bunch.

Yea I like Craig also, but I like the hour or two that Pat Jones is on too, that guy just cracks me up for a aggie, would love to sit down with him and have a beer and talk about motorcycles or sumptn.

Collier11
11/20/2009, 08:02 PM
I am just amazed at all the people who bitch about the SA and how bad it is yet they continue to dominate the ratings, for so many people who hate that station there sure are a bunch that listen :D

beer4me
11/20/2009, 08:09 PM
I am just amazed at all the people who bitch about the SA and how bad it is yet they continue to dominate the ratings, for so many people who hate that station there sure are a bunch that listen :D

I don't bitch about the station I listen a lot, but do bitch about a few of the folks on there.

For the most part it's pretty cheap amusement for me :P

Collier11
11/20/2009, 08:10 PM
Im with ya, I enjoy it, there are far too many commercials and stupid discussions that have nothing to do with sports, I still enjoy most of it and if I dont I change the station

beer4me
11/20/2009, 08:13 PM
Im with ya, I enjoy it, there are far too many commercials and stupid discussions that have nothing to do with sports, I still enjoy most of it and if I dont I change the station

Hear yah bro the commercials are long as hades aint they!! Althought that ain't all bad gives me time to answer phone calls and go to the head ;) :D

okiewaker
11/20/2009, 08:34 PM

That would have to do with not so many choices. I mean we got WWLS, KREF, and a new one with Jenni Carlson. I like to listen to KREF from 7am to 10am, then I switch to WWLS from 10am to 11am, mainly just to hear Jones, from then on pretty much sucks on all the stations. I still will tune in, but change channels, to hear sports.

TopDawg
11/21/2009, 10:56 AM

Craig "But, But" Humphreys?

okiewaker
11/21/2009, 11:07 AM
Craig "But, But" Humphreys?

What? did I spell his last name wrong. Thanks for clearing that up. Traber sounds like Vito Corleone this morning.

TopDawg
11/23/2009, 10:37 AM
No. For all I know, I spelled it wrong. It just cracks me up that he's always saying "But, but."

Actually, it's more like "butbut"...all one word. Listen next time he's on the air.

SoonerMavrick25
11/23/2009, 11:38 AM
I listen all the time to the sports animal... Well when the wife isn't in the car... But I enjoy it for the most part... I however wish the "Thunder Forecast" actually had people that knew about the NBA talking about the NBA other then the owner of the station or whatever Craig is running the show. I can't stand to hear him talk.. to be honest.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2009, 12:02 PM
I hardly ever listen anymore...just cant handle it

Jdog
11/23/2009, 02:08 PM
they are both fruitcakes

And coming from behind at home against a 3-7 Colorado team is not impressive...at all

we should know

Jdog
11/23/2009, 02:12 PM

Remember - BBS didn't not like Switzer - and in the early 70s BBS left OU to go to Stillwater to call the Chokes football games. It wasn't until Gary Gibbs took over reins that BBS returned to Norman to call OU games.