PDA

View Full Version : Wait a second, Coach Who?

the_ouskull
11/19/2009, 09:00 PM
Listen to this interview with Brandon Jennings immediately following his 55-point game the other night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pK7IPsv2mo&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, THAT Coach Sampson... b*tches... :D

the_ouskull

okienole3
11/19/2009, 09:40 PM
I like that guy a lot. Jennings, not Sampson.

the_ouskull
11/19/2009, 10:44 PM
I like Sampson a lot. Jennings is cool too. He seems to be "getting it," although he has hired a P.R. firm to help him with interviews, etc... so that's helped. He's come a long way in the last few months already, and will only get better as he learns to let his game do more and more of the talking.

But yeah, I like Sampson a lot, too, and it's good to see him get the credit he deserves from a player under no obligation to give it. Another interview, a separate one, from NBAtv.com, had him doing the same thing...

...although he did say "Calvin," and not "Kelvin," which mortifies me.

the_ouskull

okienole3
11/19/2009, 11:09 PM
The PR firm is good because he gave a great interview. He didn't say Calvin Simpson did he?

I like Sampson too, but it was time for new blood to come into the program. Still think it is funny that he is getting credit for something offensive. :) Wonder if he still practices the bubble drill

OUstud
11/19/2009, 11:23 PM
Ever since I saw Jennings in the McD AA game a few years ago, I knew he'd be a star. Dude's got serious game. Wish he'd bring back the hi-top though.

the_ouskull
11/20/2009, 01:37 AM
The PR firm is good because he gave a great interview. He didn't say Calvin Simpson did he?

I like Sampson too, but it was time for new blood to come into the program. Still think it is funny that he is getting credit for something offensive. :) Wonder if he still practices the bubble drill

The interview on NBA.com was even better. It was with David Aldridge and Eric Snow, and, at the end of it, after being very composed and well-coached throughout the interview, he showed a bit more of "him," which, now that he's earned some respect, is kinda cool, and he said, "So, E-Snow, me and you one-on-one next summer or what?" (He was smiling and obviously f*cking around...) Snow's response was almost as funny, as he said something like, "Well, I'm gonna have to.... No."

Also, as I said, even while he was here, it wasn't Kelvin's offense, which the right players (Hollis, Ace, et al..) made look very good. It was that the majority of his players were smart, and defensive-minded players first, and athletes and scoring-mentality types second. Eventually that catches up with you, 'cause officials try to balance the fouls out over the course of a game. (It's been scientifically proven, in fact... the link's on my Facebook if you're friends with me. If not, go and find it yourself. :D) Kelvin is a highly-capable coach, and was a great Sooner, in my humble opinion, fighting against the football machine during a down time for both sports, and, for even just a very short while, making basketball the one that fans looked most forward to... or at least pulling it a LOT closer to even...

Don't get me the least bit wrong. I love Coach Capel, this is his program now, 100%. I just miss (get nostalgic for) Coach Sampson at times, too, and I'm glad to hear that he's doing well...

...even if his hotshot rookie called him "Calvin Sampson" on national television. Sigh. Maybe Jennings posts on Soonerfans...

the_ouskull

stoopified
11/20/2009, 08:40 AM
Calvin Simpson R.I.P.