PDA

View Full Version : S.I. Survey

NorCaligator
11/19/2009, 04:37 PM
Fun stuff here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/11/18/conference.survey/index.html?eref=sihp

the_sooners_abide
11/19/2009, 04:52 PM
I love how OUr Sooners were voted as every other teams biggest rival in the B12.

Lott's Bandana
11/19/2009, 05:00 PM
and the SEC fans picked the BigXII as toughest conference. (couldn't pick their own, of course)

westbrooke
11/19/2009, 05:23 PM
I thought it was interesting how we were listed as the 3rd or 4th rudest fan base by just about everyone, rivals or not. Hell, even Texas fans didn't put us in first (only OSU did). But somehow we stick around near the bottom for everyone. Must be a function of everyone thinking we're their rival too.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/19/2009, 06:26 PM
and the SEC fans picked the BigXII as toughest conference. (couldn't pick their own, of course)

Big 12 is also #2 on just about everyone else's list. Minus the inds, wac, and mac.

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2009, 08:01 PM
Every single big 12 school picked Nebraska as nicest fans.

colleyvillesooner
11/19/2009, 08:04 PM
I thought it was interesting how we were listed as the 3rd or 4th rudest fan base by just about everyone, rivals or not. Hell, even Texas fans didn't put us in first (only OSU did). But somehow we stick around near the bottom for everyone. Must be a function of everyone thinking we're their rival too.

Yeah, but outside of OSU And Texas, our %'s are low. Those two sku the overall results.

sooner59
11/19/2009, 10:50 PM

I went up to Lincoln a few weeks ago to that game (if that's what you call it). And I agree. It was almost to the point of nausea how nice they were to us. From the way they talked, they only continue to live for the Huskers, and playing OU is the highlight of their life.

westbrooke
11/20/2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah, but outside of OSU And Texas, our %'s are low. Those two sku the overall results.

Exactly, our numbers aren't high for most of those schools, but they still rate. I love the fact that someone in Mizzou country is pissed at us. There's no reason for them to dislike us except that we keep beating them. ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
11/20/2009, 10:13 AM
awww OU and Nebraska sittin' in a tree....

TheUnnamedSooner
11/20/2009, 10:34 AM

At the Big 12 championship game in 2006, they were a bunch of dix. Probably b/c they were having to put up with Callahan.

soonermix
11/20/2009, 10:50 AM
somebody actually put iowa state as our biggest rival

King Barry's Back
11/21/2009, 12:56 AM

And those two are not valid. Fans of both schools are far ruder at the Fair than they are the rest of the year, and of course OSU fans think we are the rudest fans they've seen because they never visit any other stadiums.

We don't roll out the red carpet, that's for sure, but we are pretty hospitable.

Anyone notice that high scorers in "rudest fans" included Morgantown, WV; Baton Rouge, LA and Gainesville, FL? Throw Boise in there and that;s our BCS problem wrapped up.

What a hell we've lived through losing to those idiots.

IronHorseSooner
11/21/2009, 08:46 AM
Anyone notice that high scorers in "rudest fans" included Morgantown, WV; Baton Rouge, LA and Gainesville, FL? Throw Boise in there and that;s our BCS problem wrapped up.

What a hell we've lived through losing to those idiots.

It's the drunk redneck trifecta!

I Am Right
11/21/2009, 11:06 AM
Fun stuff here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/11/18/conference.survey/index.html?eref=sihp

good survey